The Official Detroit Lions at Oakland Raiders thread - Week 15

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
theFREAK 3682 heat pts3682
space
space
$53,691 | Props total: 38535 38535
 6 years ago '07        #62
space
space
Denarius Moore key for Raiders on Sunday

[pic - click to view]

ALAMEDA -- Not to put too much pressure on the kid, but the potential return of Denarius Moore to the field Sunday against Detroit gives the Raiders a significant bump.

Technically, the rookie receiver is listed as questionable for the game but he practiced three times this week for the first time since going down with an injured right ankle and foot at Minnesota on Nov. 20.

"I think it helps, because obviously he's a playmaker and he knows how to make plays and can make plays," Raiders coach Hue Jackson said of Moore. "So it gives you another weapon that you haven't had at your disposal. He's very dynamic with what he does. It helps, but by no stretch of the imagination is he going to be the key to winning the game by himself."

True, but his presence on the field would remove some of the focus that has been on Oakland's running game in general, Michael Bush in particular, the past three games. After averaging 4.8 yards per carry in his first four games replacing Darren McFadden, Bush is averaging just 2.9 yards per carry the last three weeks.

Having the dynamic Moore on the outside, even as a decoy, would force the Lions defense to stay honest.

"It's going to open up the offense a whole bunch," Moore said following Friday's practice. "We still need folks that's going to help open up the running gamejust help them get the safeties out of there, make sure that we get our blocking schemes right. It's just helping (to) add more weapons, basically."

Moore, the Raiders' fifth-round draft choice out of Tennessee, has caught 24 passes for 410 yards with a team-best four touchdown catches.

He had huge games at Buffalo (five receptions for 146 yards, including a TD) and San Diego (five catches for 123 yards and two TDs), with two different quarterbacks in Jason Campbell and Carson Palmer.

"I think anytime you add a player of tremendous talent at any position, it gives you more options in what you can do," said Raiders offensive coordinator Al Saunders. "Certainly he's a very skilled young man. He's made some great plays for us. To have him back in the lineup gives you an added tool, hopefully to play at a more successful level.

"He's a special young man, and we're real glad to have him back, that's for sure."

Yeah, no pressure. Right?

Still, on-field pressure has not gotten to Moore much this season, if at all.

If anything, being sidelined since being tackled awkwardly on a punt return at Minnesota some four weeks ago has taken a toll.

Which is why he probably will not return punts against the Lions on Sunday.

"He wasn't back there today," Jackson said. "And we've got to ease him back into this, but he looked like he's back up and rolling. So potentially, he could be back there at some point in time, but right now, I havent, we havent, myself and (special teams coordinator) John Fassel haven't made that decision to stick him back there."

Moore is averaging 9.3 yards on 23 punt returns, with a long of 34 yards.

"It's something where we think punt return is more side-to-side, more jukes, and so they're just going to leave that alone for a while," Moore said. "Or for at least this week, and let it get by and let it heal up all the wayand then we're going to see where we're going to go from there."

For now, though, just appearing on the field will be boost enough.

"DeMo's a playmaker, and anytime you have a playmaker who comes back from being injured it's always an a.sset," said running back Rock Cartwright. "So we're looking for him to get out there, get back in rhythm and make plays like he did when he was out there early on.

"With DeMo being back, I think that would give us an opportunity to do a little more on the offensive side of the ball."

Of course, Moore has to be physically up to the challenge. Because if he feels that something is not right on Sunday during pregame warmups, he will not play. And if he does, he might be limited, gauging from what he did in practice this week.

"It's just from little short straight routes and just little short individual routes," Moore said, "and just working on getting more plays and actually putting more plays in as the day goes on and each practice."

And his annoyance mounted over his foot's refusal to cooperate the past month.

"It's been real frustrating sitting there watching your players out there busting their butts, and then you're not able to do nothing yourself," Moore said. "You just want to help, just hurry up and get back out there on the field."

Moore and the Raiders anticipate it happening this weekend.
 6 years ago '04        #63
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 SmooveDude said:
yall n*ggas left me stranded a few games this year tho.....
my fault I be watching the games from different locations. This game its on!
 12-16-2011, 05:56 PM         #64
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
....did the article say the td leader for receiver has 4 on the raiders? whats goin on with yall?
 6 years ago '10        #65
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,238 | Props total: 1285 1285
 Veno da Don said:
Lions 35

Raiders 13

Larson throws 3 picks... Quote it
You're dead wrong.

We're getting 2 TDs

35-14
 12-16-2011, 08:21 PM         #66
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Raiders>>>

Lion cubs ain't bout that life.
 6 years ago '04        #67
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 antoniob 321 said:
Raiders>>>

Lion cubs ain't bout that life.
your avy says different
 6 years ago '09        #68
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
space
$12,909 | Props total: 839 839
Raiders need this win as fu*k,I hope Denver a.ss losses this week
 6 years ago '04        #69
torious 67 heat pts67 OP
space
space
$81,998 | Props total: 11796 11796
 Veno da Don said:
Don't worry dtown ima be getting my

on all game

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #70
space
space
 6 years ago '07        #71
space
space

Gunther Cunningham: Raiders fans call my family bad names

The Lions will be in Oakland on Sunday, where their defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham has coached several times before in his long career, and he says he always enjoys a trip to the Black Hole.

He just wishes Raiders fans would leave his family out of it.

I was in the AFC West forever with three different teams, Cunningham said, via MLive.com. I know a little bit about these guys. Its an interesting place to play. Im looking forward to going there and I know whats going to happen the minute I walk on the field. Some of those fans, they are not going away. The only thing I dont like is they call my family members a lot of bad names. I look forward to coaching there. We had a good run when I was in Kansas City. We played against them when I was in San Diego. Now Im playing against them with the Lions. I cant wait to get there.

By acknowledging publicly that it bothers him, Cunningham has probably just ensured that more fans will call his family bad names. Cunningham says hes not averse to saying something back.

If you ever watch ESPN, there are quite a few shots of me yelling back, Cunningham said. It was pretty intense between the Chiefs and Raiders, but it seems like everywhere Ive been its been the same thing. Im looking forward to going there.
 12-17-2011, 06:04 PM         #72
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 T. Marinovich said:

Gunther Cunningham: Raiders fans call my family bad names
yea i was reading about that earlier

itll be even more bad names when we go smash yall tomorrow...
 6 years ago '07        #73
space
space
Since 2000, the #Lions are 1-7 in games played in the Pacific Time zone. Their lone win – a 36-21 victory at Oakland in 2007. #Raiders

12-17-2011, 06:11 PM         #74
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oakland is 4-1 at home all-time vs. Lions.
Raiders are 2-1 vs. NFC North this season.
QB Carson Palmer averages 316.5 passing yards per game at home in 2011 (633 in two games). Palmer is 2-0 vs. Lions with the Bengals

...tis not looking good at all but i still like my chances
 6 years ago '04        #75
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
 T. Marinovich said:
Since 2000, the #Lions are 1-7 in games played in the Pacific Time zone. Their lone win a 36-21 victory at Oakland in 2007. #Raiders

12-17-2011, 06:30 PM         #76
Ether Boy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This a win-win game for me. If the Raiders win, cool. If the Lions win, most likely Mega has a couple tds for my fantasy team. But with my luck, Raiders lose and Titus Young score 2 tds and Schefler 1 td.
 6 years ago '09        #77
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,654 | Props total: 2764 2764
over/under 10 personal foul penalties will be called
 12-17-2011, 06:45 PM         #78
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ReggieA said:
over/under 10 personal foul penalties will be called
i say over 17 penalties all together but maybe 7 personal fouls....5 from us 2 from them
 6 years ago '07        #79
Dotel 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,885 | Props total: 1304 1304
Lions would win this one easily if Gunther Cunningham wasn't the DC.
 6 years ago '04        #80
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
I fu*k wit Oakland the long way. Got fam in east oakland (brookfield), stockton and lathrop.

We fu*king the Raiders up doe!!!!!!!! Carson will turn that bi*ch over a few times. We winning the penalty bowl

Last edited by dtownboy313; 12-18-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy