Photographer who shot LeBron James for Nike says LeBron showed up with masseuse, would not allow..

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
7093 pageviews
60 comments

T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 1678 1678
Photographer who shot LeBron James for Nike says LeBron showed up with masseuse, would not allow..

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Photographer who shot LeBron James for Nike says LeBron showed up with masseuse, would not allow direct conversation

LeBron James says he’s trying to rehabilitate his image — I would have opted for rehabilitating my post game, but that’s me — this season, as he told ESPN’s Rachel Nichols in an interview last week. But also last week came this piece by in Sports Illustrated by photographer Walter Iooss Jr., in which he tells some great war stories about various famous athletes (don’t miss the one on Barry Bonds).
Also of particular note was his story of doing a photo shoot with LeBron.

"I first photographed LeBron James in 2003, when he was a rookie in Cleveland. He was pretty raw as a teenager; he didn’t have any of the smoothed edges he has now. When I shot him six years later, in 2009, the difference was amazing. He walked in like a king that day, and he took over that room. And not only physically, although he was massive then. I’ve never seen an athlete look like that. He was muscular, charming, articulate, the prince of hoops. He couldn’t have been more of an ambassador for the game.

Times change, and sadly, LeBron became a villain to many after The Decision. I’ve seen a lot of entourages, but none like his. In July 2010 I got an a.ssignment from Nike to shoot LeBron right after his TV special announcing his move to the Heat. We rented the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, where the Lakers and the Clippers used to play, and there were 53 people on my crew — including hair and makeup artists, production people, a stylist. I had $10,000 in Hollywood lighting. It was huge. When LeBron arrived, it was as if Nelson Mandela had come in. Six or seven blacked-out Escalades pulled up, a convoy. LeBron had bodyguards and his masseuse. His deejay was already there, blasting. This for a photo shoot that was going to last an hour, tops.

This is how crazy it was: I wasn’t even allowed to talk directly to LeBron. There was a liaison, someone from Amar’e Stoudemire’s family. I would say to him, “O.K., have LeBron drive right,” and then he’d turn to LeBron and say, “LeBron, go right.”

LeBron had guards in the portals on the mezzanine level, talking into their hands. Really, what was going to happen? And then at the end of the shoot they all got in the Escalades. My God, I’ve been around Michael Jordan, but with him nothing even came close to this. Unimaginable."

I know a guy who worked as a sound engineer who said that when he signed contracts to appear in concert, Van Morrison had a stipulation that no stage workers were allowed to make direct eye contact with him before the show. My friend always swore that was true, but I had my doubts. But the human ego is a funny thing, apparently. If you feed it too much, it grows to monstrous proportions, and can turn on you.

Good luck, LeBron, in your quest to regain some of your humanity.

Last edited by T2THEONE; 12-13-2011 at 11:50 AM..

60 comments for "Photographer who shot LeBron James for Nike says LeBron showed up with masseuse, would not allow.."

6 years ago '05        #2
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
dat how we Do n*gga We roll Deep Team Bron lol ha but seriously thou that how blk ppl do we love to roll deep esp when one of us makes it U gotta roll deep, a n*gga will have another n*gga on squad for the stupidest sh*t but hey that how my ppl do
 6 years ago '08        #3
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
that article is horribly written . good thing most of it is a quote

as for the story, i'm more disgusted that he's wasting all that money . that dj and amare stoudemire's relative got the easiest jobs in the world i'd be ashamed to tell people that i serve as another man's telephone for a living
 6 years ago '08        #4
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
lediva
 6 years ago '10        #5
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,230 | Props total: 11130 11130
Amare relative work for Lebron...that's funny, but most Sports stars have people that are there for sh*t like that....a photographer not being able to talk directly to the subject he is shooting is a bit much and the Secret Service style security and DJ are OD
 12-13-2011, 12:09 PM         #6
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
shut up and take pictures
 6 years ago '05        #7
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7115 7115
 Dee Grande said:
i'd be ashamed to tell people that i serve as another man's telephone for a living
"What do you do for a living"?

"I work for Lebron James, one of the most famous athletes in sports history"

Yeah, real embarrassing response
 6 years ago '06        #8
hood135 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
How much was his 2nd NIKE deal worth? Anybody know? First one was 90 mil so undoubtedly the 2nd one had to be damn near just as much or more...
 6 years ago '05        #9
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4903 4903
I dunno about the deejay for a photo shoot but the rest seems like the rich black athlete norm. And he doesn't have to rehabilitate anything. Kobe was accused of r*pe and all he had to do was win and now no one cares..his image is back to where it was per-Colorado. LeBron doesn't have nearly as much baggage as that. As long as he wins nobody would care if he rolls up with a personal call girl to his photo shoots.
 6 years ago '07        #10
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,628 | Props total: 3274 3274
 Reppindaburghh said:
"What do you do for a living"?

"I work for Lebron James, one of the most famous athletes in sports history"

Yeah, real embarrassing response

" What type of work do you do for LeBron?"
 6 years ago '05        #11
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7115 7115
 ghost8 said:
" What type of work do you do for LeBron?"
"I answer the phone for him, easiest job in the world"

Not a single fu*k would be given.
 6 years ago '07        #12
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
hes such a fu*king tool
 6 years ago '05        #13
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,113 | Props total: 516 516
 6 years ago '11        #14
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
stopped reading when he called him king and prince in the same paragraph.
 6 years ago '08        #15
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 274 274
im sure 85% of bron stans on bx would gladly suck him off for free just to be in his entourage

5% would be like not a bad living for that 85%....

the final 10% are die hard miami fans who dont give a single fu*k as long as he winnin games
 12-13-2011, 12:45 PM         #16
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:wow: Damn !!! Thats the craziest sh*t i've ever heard in my life...i didnt know people could really act like this... i really look at him different after reading this
 6 years ago '06        #17
droid3000 996 heat pts996
space
space
$26,490 | Props total: 26301 26301
 Millerionaire87 said:
:wow: Damn !!! Thats the craziest sh*t i've ever heard in my life...i didnt know people could really act like this... i really look at him different after reading this
i hope youre be sarcastic because right on the story the OP mention how van Morrison wouldnt allow anyone direct eye contact with him on stage.
 6 years ago '07        #18
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13068 13068
 iPunish901 said:
the final 10% are die hard miami fans who dont give a single fu*k as long as he winnin games
true, last part quoted for emphasis
 6 years ago '05        #19
Lobo please 30 heat pts30
space
space
$5,943 | Props total: 1839 1839
 iPunish901 said:
im sure 85% of bron stans on bx would gladly suck him off for free just to be in his entourage

5% would be like not a bad living for that 85%....

win rings and do what the fu*k you want thats all we ask of

but this is wade's city all day every day.
 6 years ago '08        #20
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859 OP
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 1678 1678
 iggyemu said:
I dunno about the deejay for a photo shoot but the rest seems like the rich black athlete norm. And he doesn't have to rehabilitate anything. Kobe was accused of r*pe and all he had to do was win and now no one cares..his image is back to where it was per-Colorado. LeBron doesn't have nearly as much baggage as that. As long as he wins nobody would care if he rolls up with a personal call girl to his photo shoots.
:iagree:
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago