V-Nasty: “If I Can’t Say the N-Word, Then Nobody Should Say It”

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
8507 pageviews
160 comments

flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
V-nasty: “If I Can’t Say the N-Word, Then Nobody Should Say It”

On Kreayshawn’s breakout viral hit “Gucci Gucci,” the pint-sized femcee raps, “I’m yelling ‘Free V-nasty’ ’til my throat is raspy.” Thanks to that and the video’s 27 million views, people knew V-nasty’s name before most of them had any idea who she was. It turned out she was a member of Kreayshawn’s White Girl Mob, a collection of a few female rhymers from the Bay Area who started to spark some interest following Kreay’s million-plus dollar deal with Columbia six months ago. Quickly, controversy swirled around V-nasty, when videos surfaced online of her nonchalantly using the N-word. Soon, she made another video defending herself, which triggered David Banner to release a song condemning her actions.

Now ready to make her own name, V-nasty has teamed with Gucci Mane for BAYTL, a joint album whose title borrows from the two cities that the artists rep. With the project out through Warner Bros. today (December 13), V-nasty talks to XXL about what it was like working with her favorite rapper, why it’s alright for her to say the N-word around friends even though she plans to stop using it in her music, and more. —Adam Fleischer

XXL: Tell me how the project between you and Gucci came about?

V-nasty:
Gucci Mane reached out to my manager, so my manager got me in the studio with him. That sh*t was cool. It was a good experience to be in there with someone that I really look up to.

When did he reach out?
About three months ago.

He’s been locked up. Were you guys able to work together in person?
Yeah. I went to Atlanta and worked with him for like two weeks.

What was it like? I’ve heard he’s one of your favorite rappers.
I felt like boo-booing on myself. Nah, I’m just playing. I was hella excited. It was like a dream came true. Like, Damn, Gucci Mane wanna make some songs with me? V-nasty? It was cool. And he a cool a.ss person. He made me feel comfortable.

What’s the feel of the project? What are people going to learn about you as an artist?
Hopefully they take it the right way. I’ve seen a lot of negative feedback, but that’s [from] people that have a problem with me already. Hopefully this changes peoples’ minds, because they can actually see how I feel and where I actually come from. At first, I was writing my own stuff, and then Gucci Mane had me freestyling hella sh*t. It’s a good project, I feel like; hopefully everybody else feels the same.

Where have you felt the negative feedback?
On Twitter and stuff. They say stuff like, Oh, Gucci Mane, you’re hella dumb for making this song with V-nasty. Just that type of sh*t. But, oh, well. Whatever.

I know it’s coming out through Warner. Do you have any kind of situation over there?
No. Well, what do you mean?

Have you signed to Warner, or it’s coming out through them because Gucci is over there?
Yeah. It’s like that. I’m not signed to anybody. A couple labels reached out to me, but I didn’t take a deal yet. I’m not ready for one.

You were speaking about some of the negativity aimed in your direction earlier, and some of that initially stemmed from your use of the N-word. I’m wondering where you’re at with that? Are we gonna hear that on this project?
I don’t think so. I don’t think I said it on there.

Why was that?
Because I’m working on not using the N-word in my music and stuff. But on an everyday thing when I’m with my friends, I don’t feel like I should have to change anything. I just feel like I don’t wanna disrespect anybody, because I don’t know what other people have been through. It’s not like that in my city. I just feel like I’m gonna stop using it in my music, in a public eye. Other than that, I’m gonna continue to be myself.

When I’ve seen you explain it before, and seen Mistah F.A.B. come to your defense, it seems like something that’s very distinctly Bay Area. Has traveling outside of there shed light on a different side of things? Did you talk about it with Gucci?
Gucci Mane had no problem with it. Gucci Mane told me, sh*t, I’m more street than these muthafu*kas that are talkin’ about me saying the N-word. Everybody tells me that. Nobody ever actually came to my face and said, “You can’t say the N-word.” You know what I’m sayin’? I feel like a lot of people were feeling disrespected. I don’t want people to feel like I’m racist, or whatever the fact is. I’d rather just have a positive way, and show them that that word does not make me.

So you were never using it in a negative way, it was just what you grew up around.
Exactly.

So falling back from it, is it because you feel like there’s something wrong with you using it, or because—
No. No. I don’t feel like anything is wrong, I just feel like—sh*t, basically, if you wanna put it like this, I feel like, if that’s what’s gonna make muthafu*kas realize that—I don’t know how to explain it right now. I can’t even put it in words. I don’t even know what to say. People think I use this to get publicity, you know what I’m sayin’? No. I never knew these muthafu*kas was gonna see me. I never knew it was a problem outside of where I was from. I never knew until I seen a million comments on one of my videos talkin’ about, Oh, she sayin’ the N-word! You feel me. Come on now. What the fu*k.

But you understand why people took exception to you using it? Or do you think they’re blowing it out of proportion?
Kind of both ways. I could see—I don’t know. Now that muthafu*kas is telling me about it—I don’t know. I don’t feel like it has anything to do with race. I feel like people use that word the way I use it. You know what I’m sayin’? If I can’t say it, then basically nobody should be able to say it then, you know what I’m sayin’? I don’t give a fu*k!

Because you feel like you’re coming from the same circumstances that whoever’s around you is coming from?
Yeah I do. In my city, it’s the same sh*t everywhere. But it’s not even about—how do I say it? I don’t even know. Everybody from the same place. If you using it to each other, you not gaining nothin’ from sayin’ it.

I feel you. But I think that to people who aren’t familiar with that culture from the Bay Area, that the word has a history to where they’re not used to—
If they don’t like me sayin’ it, then they shouldn’t like anybody sayin’ it, though, is what I’m sayin’. It shouldn’t matter what color you are.

Do you feel like that’s what people know you for?
Yeah. They not gonna know me for that no more, ’cause I’m not sayin’ that no more.

So now you’re focusing on people knowing you for the music.

Yeah.

What’s the plan after the Gucci project?
I’m working on my own mixtape right now. I think we’re gonna do some videos and sh*t for the Gucci project. I’m supposed to be working on this tour with Kreayshawn, hopefully.

A lot of people have attached you to this one thing that’s come out about you, which we’ve been talking about. If there’s one thing that people should know about V-nasty, that they don’t know yet, what is it?
My family is from Vietnam. I’m half White, half Vietnamese. That’s something a lot of people don’t know. I have two children, they’re five and two.

Do they realize what’s going on with you?
My daughter does. She’s like, My mom’s V-nasty! I’m like, Shhh, don’t tell nobody that. She be singing all the songs.

[pic - click to view]

V-nasty: “If I Can’t Say the N-Word, Then Nobody Should Say It” | XXLMAG.COM

Last edited by flix02; 12-13-2011 at 10:42 AM..

160 comments for "V-Nasty: “If I Can’t Say the N-Word, Then Nobody Should Say It”"

6 years ago '06        #2
O-King 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 77 77
why are we still promoing her name on boxden?
 6 years ago '05        #3
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 696 696
V nasty officially has more buzz than Kreyshawn off the strength of this.
 6 years ago '08        #4
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
This bi*ch is a fu*king disgrace to white people....

How the fu*k is she even getting any spotlight?

Someone needs to off her a.ss asap!!!
 6 years ago '09        #5
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8870 8870

[video - click to view]

Get the fu*k out of here
 6 years ago '07        #6
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,446 | Props total: 16194 16194
who is this bi*ch to say anything about a derogatory term that was meant to offend black people...stfu... why is this batch mouth even still movin
 6 years ago '12        #7
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1257 1257
Great interview. Can't wait to hear more from V-nasty and the ummm.. White girl mob?
 12-13-2011, 11:00 AM         #8
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i really hate her
 12-13-2011, 11:03 AM         #9
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I fu*kin' hate this bi*ch....
 6 years ago '11        #10
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3
she still talking about this crap can this white bi*ch be gone already
 6 years ago '11        #11
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,522 | Props total: 769 769
V-nasty is reading boxden like

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #12
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,113 | Props total: 516 516
 6 years ago '06        #13
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,902 | Props total: 1213 1213
lmao, n*ggas hating hard. she ugly as fu*k tho
 6 years ago '10        #14
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
i've lost the v nasty purple suit png so this will have to do

[pic - click to view]

12-13-2011, 11:27 AM         #15
DiverseComplex 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k the word. fu*k the bi*ch.
 6 years ago '10        #16
philty 126 heat pts126
space
space
$2,016 | Props total: 22 22
naw she said she not gonna put it in her music and thats all thats needed

edit: now drop quick fast full song with the n word, then drop the mixtape without the song

Last edited by philty; 12-13-2011 at 11:39 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #17
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
y is she relevant???
 6 years ago '05        #18
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i am so sick of ppl thinking because they like hip hop and rock like we rock that gives them the rite to say n*gga . NO IT fu*kING DOESN'T that word has history and when i see some one not blk say it takes me back to times where ppl would say that to talk down to us.

call us n*gga in one breathe but then in the next r*pe our women . That word means so much and just because hip hop has flipped it doesn't give other races the rite to throw it around like its air. I never understood how white mexican and others would just say that sh*t to each other like watup my n*gga wats good my n*gga. Like what why YOUR NOT BLK i dont see blk ppl going watup my cracker or hey wetback but everyone else wanna say n*gga no.
 6 years ago '07        #19
space
space
 YoungFly said:
okay, talkin about this bi*ch yesterday was fun. today, its fu*k her, its always been fu*k her, but today, fu*k the games. mainly because that sh*t too long to read, if im going to read some sh*t, it aint about to be for this bi*ch, and this dumb a.ss beatin to death topic. fu*k this hoe.
I was on the same isht..I don't even know why Im back in here lol
 6 years ago '07        #20
space
space
 hayday12 said:
V-nasty is reading boxden like

[pic - click to view]

she should read her interviews she would be like
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov NPD: PS4 wins, COD wins, Xbox Makes Money.
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy