Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition [Anticipation/Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
109 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
82 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #801
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,197 | Props total: 3247 3247
 spittapilottalk said:
fact : if he had put freddie gibbs on 3-4 of the weakest songs on the album those songs would go from a 3-3.5/5 to a 4.5/5, the downfall is it'd be jeezy getting bodied on each song
You keep talking bout Gibbs bodying people on a track when Jeezy ain't even that type of artist. Trust me that's the last thing a n*gga care about on a Jeezy album. Gibbs just better be glad he even made the album because n*ggas really ain't checking for him like that
 6 years ago '07        #802
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,728 | Props total: 1741 1741
Albums wack.....cdh>
 6 years ago '11        #803
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
 strongthetruth said:
You keep talking bout Gibbs bodying people on a track when Jeezy ain't even that type of artist. Trust me that's the last thing a n*gga care about on a Jeezy album. Gibbs just better be glad he even made the album because n*ggas really ain't checking for him like that
All I stated was he could have had a far superior rapper on his team enhance some songs for him..but the dowmfall would be overshadowing jeezy on his own album
 12-15-2011, 05:26 PM         #804
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 blackjewelz said:
Seems like a majority of you Jeezy critics were never Jeezy fans in the first place.
if you heard all them mixtapes from 10-11 bunch of songs on the cd are very forgettable.
 6 years ago '10        #805
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,407 | Props total: 2356 2356
all i wana kno is, is this sh*t better thsn ression? otherwise ill pass on the dl.
 6 years ago '07        #806
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1
 shadydre85 said:
all i wana kno is, is this sh*t better thsn ression? otherwise ill pass on the dl.
The hell is the ression? 103=recession
 6 years ago '10        #807
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 Antbone said:
way too gone got 5 spins consecutively from me :wow:

20 spins over here homie step your spin game up
 6 years ago '07        #808
strongthetruth 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,197 | Props total: 3247 3247
 spittapilottalk said:
All I stated was he could have had a far superior rapper on his team enhance some songs for him..but the dowmfall would be overshadowing jeezy on his own album
What don't you understand about Jeezy fans not looking to hear a "superior rapper" when listening to him? Gibbs could have been left off 103 and 99.9% of his fans wouldn't have cared. .38 is not even in the top 10 songs on the album. Gibbs overshadow Jeezy?
 6 years ago '11        #809
space
space
Gibbs made it better than it was before though? you're f!ghting a losing battle. I didn't say put dude on every track, just on something like OJ instead of Jada, he could have actually saved the record jeezy had features on almost every song anyway and majority came extremely weak and brought the album down..youre mad right now sir

Last edited by spittapilottalk; 12-15-2011 at 06:28 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #810
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 D-Clutch said:
Because of the beats, I like his style too. What, I can't enjoy something because his lyrics aren't that dope? fu*k outta here.

Why do you think people listen to Young Jeezy? Because of his lyrical ability? You must be dumber than a bag of hammers.
 D-Clutch said:

It appears dude doesn't even speak proper English. I'm done.
 justinjones said:
i think what D-Clutch is saying is that he listens to rappers for the lyrics. everybody knows that jeezy is not that most lyrical dude on the planet. he is just like kanye. they can make a great song but its not going to be things that are going to go over people's heads or be that clever. the 1st thing you said was his flow and his beats. thats not a knock on jeezy. that's just how he is

jeezy only got 1 classic so he got just as many as a lot of lyrical rappers

Yea....sorry I call bullsh*t

Look...I honestly have no interest in arguing with people about Jeezy's lyricism but as far as I'm concerned...Jeezy is VERY lyrical...and yes I said very. Music is music...look at this thread. There are dozens of people with opinions all over the place...some people even saying all kinds of bullsh*t just to hate or win an argument

Lyricism to me isn't about saying clever deep or political lines. People like to say conscious rappers or deep rappers are "lyrical" when really....it's really nothing that special. And I consider myself a reasonably intelligent dude. Lyricism to me is also about the emotion in your records...how you paint the picture...what you say and how you say it. When I listen to Jeezy I hear plenty of lyricism...from songs like I'm Back....to Hypnotize...to Done it...to most of his intros...to Real n*gga Anthem...to even Way too Gone on this album

For some people lyricism is something you can sit there and be like "wow did you hear what he just said" or some political deep sh*t. To me...lyricism is something you can not only connect with but feel and understand as well. It's putting things in a certain context and wordplay that people actually feel...and for a lot of people Jeezy does that. So instead of a lot of you getting on your high horse with the bullsh*t...just accept that many people see Jeezy as lyrical. And this comes from someone who listened to Pac, Pusha T, Lupe, Common, etc.

spittapilottalk said:
CDH is better lyrically, flow, delivery, song concepts, an even production.Every aspect. The one thing Jeezy is supposed to have better than Gibbs isn't better.

and what are you talking about? artists sign wack dudes all the time..especially Jeezy. Have you looked at his roster? I don't see what point your trying to make. All I'm saying is if he put Gibbs on a few of the weaker songs he would have made the song better. Ala "Talk 2 Me" without Gibbs = TERRIBLE.

Jeezy got a secret weapon to make his songs better and he didn't use it on TM103.
 spittapilottalk said:
Again...more bullsh*t

First of all on Talk 2 Me...I listen to it for Jeezy's verse. He started off the song very well and I felt the lyrics and the flow

It seems like everytime Gibbs is on a track with Jeezy some d!ck riders jump in AUTOMATICALLY and say he's better. The truth is if you put Jeezy's voice over Gibbs lyrics people would still say that. Just cut the bullsh*t and admit you have a bias...you don't sound objective at all
 12-15-2011, 06:33 PM         #811
PoSt3RiZeD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whats the word on the 90min video
 6 years ago '10        #812
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
After 24 hours of listening to the album...I give it a 7.5 out of 10. Which makes it a very good album

There isn't really a BAD song on this album at all. I mean many of the songs we had already heard. What song are you gonna say is literally BAD?? The intro? OJ? Just Like That?

For me...the okay songs are Everythang, Leave you alone and Nothin...2 of those produced by Lody. One of Lody's songs should have been replaced with that Midnight Black song we previewed for months, but Def Jam probably chose the Lody tracks for mass appeal. The good songs are This one's for You, Never Be the Same, The Intro, Leave you Alone, Smoke & fu*k, and I Do etc. The great songs are Just Like That, Trapped, LMM, and 38(Gibbs became the icing on the cake, good verse from him). The absolute bangers...and standout of the album for me is OJ and Way Too Gone. I can see myself replaying that over and over and over again for months...

So with there really being no BAD song on the album...and most of the songs being "good"(with the potential to grow on me), I give it a 7.5/10...with the potential for it to get to an 8. I'm definitely coppin on Tuesday. I can't say there aren't any BAD songs for a lot of other albums...nevermind at least mostly "good" songs
 6 years ago '10        #813
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
.38 still song of the year

after further review its classic.. haters eat a d!ck

make sure yall cop retail and support this
 6 years ago '11        #814
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3
ima saying it again .38 GIBBS
 6 years ago '11        #815
space
space
"Again...more bullsh*t

First of all on Talk 2 Me...I listen to it for Jeezy's verse. He started off the song very well and I felt the lyrics and the flow

It seems like everytime Gibbs is on a track with Jeezy some d!ck riders jump in AUTOMATICALLY and say he's better. The truth is if you put Jeezy's voice over Gibbs lyrics people would still say that. Just cut the bullsh*t and admit you have a bias...you don't sound objective at all"

I'm probably one of the more objective people here, even when a rapper I hate puts out something dope I say it is and vice versa..so quit that sh*t.

Even if Jeezy was capable of writing like Gibbs, he doesn't have his flow to match so that's a moot point. I totally understand that people listen to albums for Jeezy and I respect that. However he has a feature of some sort on MANY songs, and a good amount of those disappointing. I didn't say take away Jeezy's verses and add more Gibbs or put Gibbs on eight records. Just a few to add to the records.

If I listened to a Cormega record, I'd listen to it for Cormega..but would anyone be mad at having Nas outshining him on 3-4 records?

No need to be so defensive..damn Jeezy stans
 6 years ago '11        #816
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 D-Clutch said:
That's what I was saying. Not a knock on dude, I was complimenting him on this album, I said I enjoyed the album despite the fact he's not the best rapper around. I mostly listen to lyrics, so for me it was a surprise that I liked it so much. Stop being sensitive.
This is the problem with boxden. Give someone a reply & then they're automatically being "sensitive".

If you knew you wouldn't get lyricism coming in why complain about it when you didn't get it? That's all I'm gettin at. It doesn't make sense to me to complain about something you knew you wouldn't get...
 12-15-2011, 07:16 PM         #817
sso 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gave it a listen, was good but it'll be something to pass the time till the next album comes out
 6 years ago '08        #818
JCyclops 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,105 | Props total: 2825 2825
Jeezy delivered another great album to us

My only gripe is that the Intros to the Real is Back 1 and 2 weren't saved for the album and having those replace Lose My Mind and Ballin since we heard those long ago.
 6 years ago '07        #819
Antbone 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 1 1

[video - click to view]

Where tha hell is this track?!!
 6 years ago '08        #820
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
ima huge jeezy fan, been since tm101.. but this sh*t right here is disappointing as hell, i felt like most of the tracks were a miss except for a few. I give it a 6/10, damn jeezy..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
130 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
178 comments
1 day ago