Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition [Anticipation/Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
35 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
38 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
17 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #581
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 ballergenetics said:
jeezy has a album that resonates with a large group of people (in the hood for the most part), that's why it's stood the test of time. jeezy has never pushed the envelope as an artist. you could almost say he's a below average lyricist, who makes catchy bangers (over dope production). that ain't enough to be "classic". I think "hood classic" is more fitting. music classic ? I don't think so son. as ignorant as that may come across. the level head will understand where I'm coming from.
You just refuse to give Jeezy credit Since when did the demographic belittle the influence? As long as there are hood people there will always be a set of people who can relate to it. And since there always will be a hood there's really no point in bringing this up. It doesn't matter who you relate to as long as the sh*t you spit is real.

This is like saying Pac only appealed to struggling Black people and since he doesn't go out of his way to relate to other races the influence of his music is meaningless. Before you throw a chair, NO I'm not comparing Jeezy with Pac. I'm just saying, the demographic part is pretty much irrelevant.

I understand where you're coming from, but everything you ask for from a classic is what 101 encompasses. It doesn't matter what type of classic it is, because even if it is just a "hood" classic it's still a classic. I don't even like putting asterisks next to the word classic. A classic is a classic.

Do you think KING is a classic?
 6 years ago '04        #582
thetrapper 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$2,023 | Props total: 1358 1358
this is whats wrong with music fans

the album has been out 4 hrs...i know yall attention spans be short.....

but let it marinate till next week
 6 years ago '04        #583
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,568 | Props total: 2427 2427
 Fade said:
Funny, the end of 103 is exactly how I thought the entire album would sound. I remember bein a senior in high school bein hyped as fu*k due to Lose My Mind & Scared Money. I kinda wish the entire album did sound like the last 5 tracks.
I added Scared Money to mine:dancingcool:

thetrapper said:

This is one of the few albums I wanted this year. I'll be listening for a while
 6 years ago '11        #584
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 thetrapper said:

I refuse to rate this until next week as it is. Gotta see the replay value before I jump the gun & give it a 10/10...
 12-14-2011, 06:39 PM         #585
tmitch19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This album will be forgotten when GFID drops..... This sh*t sounds like a well-produced mixtape...
 6 years ago '10        #586
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,783 | Props total: 981 981
I bet Jay Bilas got his hands on that TM103 already

6 years ago '09        #587
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 thetrapper said:

True, because when trap or die 2 first dropped, I hated it, 2 months later

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #588
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 3758 3758
The Recession>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>103
 6 years ago '06        #589
budap06 
space
space
space
$408 | Props total: 11 11
Was tight "Win" wasnt on here, but Superfreak will do to replace it
 6 years ago '06        #590
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,357 | Props total: 835 835
^^ WIN was my shhhhhhhiiiieeeeet
 6 years ago '11        #591
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ash1990 said:

[pic - click to view]

This gif has me dyin every time I see it...
 12-14-2011, 06:52 PM         #592
PoSt3RiZeD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i fu*ks wit it so far gone B on replay
 6 years ago '11        #593
Lucky Lefty14 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 65 65
Halfway through and I like what I hear it seems on par with his other albums...but like some people said the album ain't been out 6 hours yet so everybody should wait before they give a thorough critique of the album.
 6 years ago '11        #594
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
that's why I said "as ignorant as that may that may come across" in my last post..
cause I'm not saying relating to entire neighborhoods & "struggling black people" is some petty sh*t. what I'm actually doing is putting hip hop up there with other genres now.(it's time). the musical aspect and song writing needs to come into play in 2011. I'm by no means hating on jeezy or TM101. but what I am saying is...I think i's safe to say when you're 40 years old, you won't be able to throw in that album and be like..."ahhh this is that sh*t"..
it doesn't have that kinda sound/song writing that stands the test of time.
...But if that were the case I don't think I'd be able to do the same with Illmatic when I'm 40. Nas was on his Esco sh*t for a long while but you're willing to call Illmatic the best hip hop album of all time when he's on a similar subject matter I don't see why you can't do that for 101. Yeah Nas is a hell of a better emcee than Jeezy ever will be, but does saying something using different rhetoric really make it that much better? I honestly don't see why it would in terms of relating to the subject matter.

I also think comparing hip hop with other genres isn't completely fair to do either. Hip Hop has its roots in illustrating either the Black struggle or Black prosperity. Not to say it's strictly Black anymore because that's obviously not the case, but it's not meant to be felt across the board like a Michael Jackson's Thriller is. And if that's the case then you can't call any hip hop album a classic
 6 years ago '06        #595
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,357 | Props total: 835 835
I need to peep that dvd that 103 is supposed to come with..:cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '04        #596
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
I avoided all of the leaked songs so everything is new to me except lose my mind of course

just skimming through and seeing what catches my ear...I do is the best song...THESE ARE THE KINDS OF BEATS I WANNA HEAR JAY-Z ON!!!!...not that intergalactic African chant sh*t he be doing nowadays

he had so much heat on the real is back 1 and 2, it'll be hard for this album to live up to those

The recession is a classic, I don't give a damn what anyone says
 6 years ago '04        #597
thetrapper 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$2,023 | Props total: 1358 1358
from being around all the albums recording wise...

103 reminds of 102

i do this was 102's original single....but me voicing my displeasure we ended up with i luv it ...

the records that didnt make 103 could be a very dope trappin aint dead 2

plots *
 6 years ago '04        #598
dosis 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,008 | Props total: 122 122
sounds like my n*gga got jill scott throwing shots at ross too
 6 years ago '11        #599
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
you made some good points here. I wouldn't use "rhetoric" as a word to describe obvious superior skill though. yes, he's saying the same sh*t in a different way. but that is part of what makes hip hop such a beautiful art form. (and why their are courses on illmatic alone at prestigious schools). regardless, let's get this thread back on topic.
I didn't use rhetoric for that purpose. You said song writing skills in your last post, rhetoric just means language designed to have an impressive effect on its audience - all of that in relation to the song writing you mentioned earlier.

True that some albums impact hip hop & its culture more than others. True that there's a reason 2Pac has college courses designed around him & his poetry. True there are college courses on Illmatic. But the lack of these honors in terms of what Jeezy did doesn't take away from his influence. If that's the standard you use to grade classic albums you're a very hard man to please. I was just tryin to point out that there really isn't a set mold for a classic. And if there is, Thug Motivation 101 fits it perfectly...
 6 years ago '11        #600
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 dosis said:
sounds like my n*gga got jill scott throwing shots at ross too
I heard that sh*t & hit the smug face too
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
114 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy