LL Cool J clowns Canibus

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
310 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
5 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-12-2011, 02:00 PM         #21
Jackson High 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Prophecy_projet said:
LL got Jokes! lol

And lol@ cats trying to make this a Nas vs Jay thread again.

If Canibus had an even average career we'd probably still talk about him. But he self-destructed.

You wanna know why Bis lost the war? Because he wouldn't stop dissing LL even after the beef was over. I mean in 2001 3 years after the beef he was dropping tracks like Rip the Jacker and doing his own Jacking at Beats. That's why he lost the war, he didnt know it was over.

Nas on the other hand has still had a decent career. I mean just last month the n*gga was on XXL's cover celebrating 20 years in the game. Even in a year when he didnt drop an album, his little street single is on the best of lists of singles that dropped in 2011 (Rolling Stone)

SMH@ cats looking to troll lol
I wasn't trying to make this a Jay-Z vs Nas thread and if you're addressing a poster please quote said person. All I was doing was using an example that eerily resembles what happened to Nas & Jay-Z.

That's all. I love hip-hop & discussing hip-hop events.
 6 years ago '10        #22
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,842 | Props total: 6012 6012
 YoungFly said:
LL Cool J still salty about 99% of his fans wear high heels. which is a true statement. 99% of canibus fans not exisiting doesnt make since, because even 1 is still 100% in existance. ll a try hard.
........im sorry.....what?
 12-12-2011, 02:16 PM         #23
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackson High said:
I wasn't trying to make this a Jay-Z vs Nas thread and if you're addressing a poster please quote said person. All I was doing was using an example that eerily resembles what happened to Nas & Jay-Z.

That's all. I love hip-hop & discussing hip-hop events.
Yes you did lol

And then to render your point even more confusing, you went from trying to compare similarties to Bis and Nas's career after the beef to clearly pointing a distinction between the two by saying Nas had a good career after all lol

It was a very confusing train of thought when talking about 2 beefs that couldn't be more different. The only thing they had in common was that they proved that a battle doesn't end or make a career and even then you can point to something like say Common vs Cube or any number of other beefs to see a difference.

This whole idea that one person can win a battle but lose a war is sort of revisionist wank to be honest. A battle is a battle and when its over, its over.
 6 years ago '11        #24
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
its funny cuz the canibus/ll beef will be debated forever.....now lyrically canibus defeated LL. but at the same time LL saw more success than canibus did in the game. that doesnt mean LL is more talented. LL was always more popular in mainstream than he was.
 6 years ago '11        #25
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
........im sorry.....what?
lol remember canibus said about LL "99% of your fans wear high heels" which wasn't far from the truth but ll came back with "99% of your fans don't exist" which didn't really make sense cuz how can 99% of something not exist lol that's like saying 99% of your dog doesn't exist
 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM         #26
Jackson High 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Prophecy_projet said:
Yes you did lol

And then to render your point even more confusing, you went from trying to compare similarties to Bis and Nas's career after the beef to clearly pointing a distinction between the two by saying Nas had a good career after all lol

It was a very confusing train of thought when talking about 2 beefs that couldn't be more different. The only thing they had in common was that they proved that a battle doesn't end or make a career and even then you can point to something like say Common vs Cube or any number of other beefs to see a difference.

This whole idea that one person can win a battle but lose a war is sort of revisionist wank to be honest. A battle is a battle and when its over, its over.

1. I clearly stated Jay-Z & LL Cool J had great careers, Nas & Canibus not so much. If you decided to interpret that as me saying Nas had a horrible career successfully or Nas never had a good career at all successfully that's on you my good friend.

2. I don't get where people are getting confused it's not like I'm saying Nas & Canibus had the same exact type of careers. The only thing I said is their careers weren't as great as Jay-Z & Nas. Jay-Z & LL Cool J haven't had the same type of careers & that's fairly obvious.

3. No it's not. You can lose a battle but a war is a much bigger picture & a grander scale. Hence why Jay-Z has won his war, the same with Mr. Smith.
 6 years ago '10        #27
kennboy1 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$3,584 | Props total: 1 1
Jay might of won financially, not musically.
 12-12-2011, 02:38 PM         #28
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #29
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3745 3745
 6 years ago '09        #30
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,100 | Props total: 1837 1837
Did somebody just fuccing compare NaS to Canibus??

This n*gga NaS can book Canibus sorry a.ss on a Rock The Bells Tour and get cake kicked up to him & he losing?
 6 years ago '04        #31
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
how did nas or jay-z get brought into this discussion at all
 6 years ago '06        #32
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 2959 2959
 YoungFly said:
LL Cool J still salty about 99% of his fans wear high heels. which is a true statement. 99% of canibus fans not exisiting doesnt make since, because even 1 is still 100% in existance. ll a try hard.

[pic - click to view]

canibus lost. another failed desperation move for fame
 6 years ago '11        #33
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
lmfao at nas having a good, not great career.

so being recognized by many by many as the GOAT is not a great career? stfu
 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM         #34
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoungFly said:

so it's shameful to have the majority of your fans be females? so you'd rather see more dudes at your shows huh?
 12-12-2011, 02:55 PM         #35
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackson High said:
1. I clearly stated Jay-Z & LL Cool J had great careers, Nas & Canibus not so much. If you decided to interpret that as me saying Nas had a horrible career successfully or Nas never had a good career at all successfully that's on you my good friend.
When you compare Nas and Canibus and say "not so much" most people would infer that as making similarties with each othe. To then go on and say "Oh actually Nas did have a good career" makes it sound like you're backing off your original point.
I mean who constructs a logical argument that way?
 Jackson High said:
2. I don't get where people are getting confused it's not like I'm saying Nas & Canibus had the same exact type of careers. The only thing I said is their careers weren't as great as Jay-Z & Nas. Jay-Z & LL Cool J haven't had the same type of careers & that's fairly obvious.
When you try to compare and try to point out how the beefs mirror each other that's how lol

And even then I would say that's a flawed argument. Mainly because After the LL/Canibus beef, its not like both benefitted from it in the long run. Both went on to make good albums but both got criticzed from people saying they would rather not hear from either by the time it was 2004 (which IMO was unfair cause both had some decent material out like GOAT and Mic Club album stuff)

With Jay and Nas both secured their legacies after their battle. Jay became a global icon but Nas has become an undisputed legend who now has a respected career. I think if you told both of them back in 2001 neither of them would have a problem with that

Jackson High said:
3. No it's not. You can lose a battle but a war is a much bigger picture & a grander scale. Hence why Jay-Z has won his war, the same with Mr. Smith.
Here's what I love about when people bring up the war argument: They become vague as hell when describing what the bigger picture is.
I dont think Nas was looking at Jay after the beef, he went on to do his own thing. Neither of these guys were trying to activley compete with each other after that on different levels (businesses, projects). Both clearly went in different directions for their own reasons as rappers in their mid 30s. I dont think Nas was thinking about the Black Album when he made Streets Disciple. It may have been a double album like Blueprint 2 but it didnt try to use the same formula. And I dont think Jay was looking at the Damian Marley/Nas album when making the Throne album.
And on top of that they worked together afterwards and hung out. They cool with each other, they hang out at each other's shows and its been like that for 5 or 6 years.
If a war was won people would never put the other on their all time lists. And yet you see both of them on most people's list.
The only war that exists is arguments from their fanbases online (either in the form of blog writers or fans) and that will go on for ever because it was a close battle, an iconic battle...but it was only one battle.
 12-12-2011, 03:03 PM         #36
majormedicalboI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael_Moore said:
so it's shameful to have the majority of your fans be females? so you'd rather see more dudes at your shows huh?
good point.

NCsFinest89 said:
lol remember canibus said about LL "99% of your fans wear high heels" which wasn't far from the truth but ll came back with "99% of your fans don't exist" which didn't really make sense cuz how can 99% of something not exist lol that's like saying 99% of your dog doesn't exist
u might got more fans than me/ but u aint got the skillz to eat a n*ggas a.ss like me - canabis

Cool James won
 6 years ago '07        #37
timdog 926 heat pts926
space
space
$30,533 | Props total: 15083 15083
why is ll even worried about canibus

he prolly follow canibus career

still salty over 2nd round knockout after all these years
 12-12-2011, 03:15 PM         #38
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LL ain't in no position to clown on anybody... gay a.ss television police actor lol
 12-12-2011, 03:21 PM         #39
Jackson High 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supa Mario 910 said:
How has Nas, who has an album that is widely regarded as the best hip-hop album of all time, not had a great career?
 spittapilottalk said:
lmfao at nas having a good, not great career.

so being recognized by many by many as the GOAT is not a great career? stfu

Reading comprehension is a wasted skill I'm starting to see.

My good friends I said career successfully. I don't see where you could misunderstand this.

He hasn't had a great career successfully.

Maybe now you understand clearer.

Prophecy_projet said:
When you compare Nas and Canibus and say "not so much" most people would infer that as making similarties with each othe. To then go on and say "Oh actually Nas did have a good career" makes it sound like you're backing off your original point.
I mean who constructs a logical argument that way?

When you try to compare and try to point out how the beefs mirror each other that's how lol

And even then I would say that's a flawed argument. Mainly because After the LL/Canibus beef, its not like both benefitted from it in the long run. Both went on to make good albums but both got criticzed from people saying they would rather not hear from either by the time it was 2004 (which IMO was unfair cause both had some decent material out like GOAT and Mic Club album stuff)

With Jay and Nas both secured their legacies after their battle. Jay became a global icon but Nas has become an undisputed legend who now has a respected career. I think if you told both of them back in 2001 neither of them would have a problem with that

Here's what I love about when people bring up the war argument: They become vague as hell when describing what the bigger picture is.
I dont think Nas was looking at Jay after the beef, he went on to do his own thing. Neither of these guys were trying to activley compete with each other after that on different levels (businesses, projects). Both clearly went in different directions for their own reasons as rappers in their mid 30s. I dont think Nas was thinking about the Black Album when he made Streets Disciple. It may have been a double album like Blueprint 2 but it didnt try to use the same formula. And I dont think Jay was looking at the Damian Marley/Nas album when making the Throne album.
And on top of that they worked together afterwards and hung out. They cool with each other, they hang out at each other's shows and its been like that for 5 or 6 years.
If a war was won people would never put the other on their all time lists. And yet you see both of them on most people's list.
The only war that exists is arguments from their fanbases online (either in the form of blog writers or fans) and that will go on for ever because it was a close battle, an iconic battle...but it was only one battle.
Fair enough. Fair enough indeed.

It's just that when I have gotten into arguments with people on topics such like these they understood exactly what I was speaking about. I will make sure I'm very clear in what I talk about.
 6 years ago '09        #40
59fifty 
space
space
$22,727 | Props total: 10168 10168
Wow n*ggaz really sayin nas aint successful smh
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy