Dec 12 - Teen dies after wisdom teeth surgery

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #41
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,447 | Props total: 689 689
im glad i don't have to get mine removed
 6 years ago '04        #42
cizzle504 
space
space
$218 | Props total: 0 0
r.i.p kid damn i gotta get two done myself :hillwhoa:
 6 years ago '08        #43
6ruceWayne 
space
space
space
$59 | Props total: 16 16
Geezus Chryce that's fu*king sad man.
 6 years ago '09        #44
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1404 1404
Just got mine pulled last Wednesday cray...
 6 years ago '04        #45
EvilKokonut 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 0 0
My guess is he od'd on the oxys and died of respiratory depression
 12-13-2011, 01:33 AM         #46
Jackson High 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
dude I had to get a tube up my d!ck, I ain't stayin awake for that.
Jesus, you had the drip?
 6 years ago '04        #47
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
My first thought was... 14 is kind of young to get wisdom teeth removed, isn't it? Mine came in when I was 23.

Oxycodone isn't really supposed to be prescribed to kids that age either. The kid is like 2-3 years out of children's tylenol.. His tolerance level was probably next to zero.

The one thing I do remember about getting my wisdom teeth removed was that my dentist prescribed me 500mg of Ibuprofen (Advil). After finishing the prescription, for some reason I became allergic to ibuprofen and still am to this day.
 12-13-2011, 02:04 AM         #48
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
My first thought was... 14 is kind of young to get wisdom teeth removed, isn't it? Mine came in when I was 23.

Oxycodone isn't really supposed to be prescribed to kids that age either. The kid is like 2-3 years out of children's tylenol.. His tolerance level was probably next to zero.

The one thing I do remember about getting my wisdom teeth removed was that my dentist prescribed me 500mg of Ibuprofen (Advil). After finishing the prescription, for some reason I became allergic to ibuprofen and still am to this day.
oxycodone is the same thing as perc, they give perc to 13,14 and 15 year olds who get wisdom teeth cut out, usually 5-7.5mg

kids get narcotics from all kinds of surgeries at this age it's not like they gave the kid 100mg of oxycontin.

Sammyboi22 said:
^^^ Thats why an anesthesiologist gets paid so much and has good a.ss insurance. Lots of times if they fu*k up a dose of a sedative that sh*t k!lls you very quickly.
Pretty much, and it's like 1/10000000000000000 that someone dies from it, i would worry more about jaw problems after, i have TMJ because of that sh*t, and now that i have sarcoidosis thats inflamed near my left facial nerves it makes it 1000x worse.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 12-13-2011 at 02:07 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #49
serty321 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,881 | Props total: 10 10
RIP to the kid.

If i had to take a guess i'd probably say the kid died from a Pulmonary embolus (blood clot that goes to the lungs) or less likely the Oxycodone (and opiates in general) caused respiratory depression and he basically just stopped breathing.

Like akademiks said, oxycodone probably shouldn't have been prescribed to someone his age. Its not as strong as morphine..but he may not have tolerated it well or taken too much.
 6 years ago '08        #50
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
Strep viridans endocarditis would make the most sense since he jus had a dental procedure but he showed no symptoms ala fever

Interesting case. Rip tho
 12-13-2011, 07:03 AM         #51
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackson High said:
Jesus, you had the drip?
naw, they had to look in my kidneys to see what was causing me problems. thankfully never had a std in my life.
 6 years ago '10        #52
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
 TheGame4705 said:

[pic - click to view]

Relax bud u gon be gettin that tube up ya d!ck too prolly
 12-13-2011, 07:52 AM         #53
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 serty321 said:
RIP to the kid.

If i had to take a guess i'd probably say the kid died from a Pulmonary embolus (blood clot that goes to the lungs) or less likely the Oxycodone (and opiates in general) caused respiratory depression and he basically just stopped breathing.

Like akademiks said, oxycodone probably shouldn't have been prescribed to someone his age. Its not as strong as morphine..but he may not have tolerated it well or taken too much.
for the last time oxycodone is a typical prescribed painkiller for kids his age, it's fu*king percocet..

unless he prescribed 50mg oxycontin there is no wrong on the doctors front, the kid either had a reaction or took too many.
 6 years ago '04        #54
YngSwift 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,767 | Props total: 156 156
had the worst experience of my life dealing with a infected wisdom tooth...whatever you do i beg you is to not let your wisdom get infected shyt is the worst pain ive ever felt during the infection and even more so during the surgery i felt every bit of pain as my mouth also has a hard time getting numb......i still have 3 more to take out that im going for next month i could go now but im too pus*y...anyone have any encouraging words to help me get over being so damn pus*y to go get my wisdoms taken out again for some reason when i think wisdom tooth i have flashback to my previous experience even though im sure it shouldnt be as bad since theres no infection this time but shyt still has me spooked
 6 years ago '07        #55
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 NateRight said:
im glad i don't have to get mine removed
Why don't you? Wisdom teeth are the hardest for people to clean cause they're so far back there and people don't know how to properly clean them so they often get infected and you end up having to take them out anyway. It's best to take them out while you're under your parents health insurance cause will be expensive when you're on your own.
 6 years ago '07        #56
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 YngSwift said:
had the worst experience of my life dealing with a infected wisdom tooth...whatever you do i beg you is to not let your wisdom get infected shyt is the worst pain ive ever felt
This is exactly why people need their wisdom teeth removed. They often get infected and you will have to pull them out anyway.
 6 years ago '06        #57
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
 Mouse Da Don said:
I'm afraid to go under gas.. I took ecstasy the night before i had to get my wisdom teeth out, and i was bugging out and told the dentist i took x and not to put me under.. So they took them out with some laughing gas... I still remember him pulling on my tooth and the nurse having to hold my head against the chair.. =x
same sh*t happened to me. I stayed awake and figured there was some special procedure. Well I was mistaken. They held my head down while dude pulled out a big a.ss pair of pliers and gripped it and ripped it. I remember blood went all over the place. And my heartbeat sensor started goin nuts.
 6 years ago '08        #58
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 Mouse Da Don said:
I do know my dad has to take amoxicillin before he ever goes to the dentist or else a trip to the dentist could be fatal.. Not sure why though.
Strep viridans (bacteria found in the mouth) prophylaxis. Ur dad more the likely has had a heart valve replaced or a cong heart disease
 12-13-2011, 10:11 AM         #59
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YngSwift said:
had the worst experience of my life dealing with a infected wisdom tooth...whatever you do i beg you is to not let your wisdom get infected shyt is the worst pain ive ever felt during the infection and even more so during the surgery i felt every bit of pain as my mouth also has a hard time getting numb......i still have 3 more to take out that im going for next month i could go now but im too pus*y...anyone have any encouraging words to help me get over being so damn pus*y to go get my wisdoms taken out again for some reason when i think wisdom tooth i have flashback to my previous experience even though im sure it shouldnt be as bad since theres no infection this time but shyt still has me spooked
This, there is nothing to be afraid of to go under, you have a better chance of winning the lottery then dying while under on their part.

To people saying "thats why i didn't get mine out" you're fu*king stupid, you let those wisdom teeth continue to go and you will be in the worst pain in your life, it's not a big deal.. they put you out, you wake up fu*ked up, you go pick up your painkillers and stay fu*ked up for the next couple of days.

Do yourself a favor and smoke smoke after to reduce risk of a dry socket, happened to me and even the painkillers they gave me barely helped the dry socket. And take that painkiller with a smoothie/shake and load up on pudding/jello/mashed potatoes etc. to eat for the first couple of days, it's not a big deal.
 12-13-2011, 10:18 AM         #60
BMS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just been dentist last week... they sending off to the dental hospital for an appointment for me after the new year to get mine removed
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago