Dwyane Wade down to 3.5% body fat

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
20 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
23031 pageviews
166 comments

TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 1913 1913
Dwyane Wade down to 3.5% body fat

Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade trains to become leaner, meaner

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade trains to become leaner, meaner - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com
BY JOSEPH GOODMAN

[pic - click to view]

The first day Dwyane Wade worked out with personal trainer Ed Downs, it was like nothing the Heat’s guard had ever experienced as a professional athlete.
The second day, Wade’s body agreed wholeheartedly — it hurt like it never had before.
“I’m sore from my neck to my toes,” Wade told Downs.

During the long NBA lockout, each of the Heat’s Big 3 focused on specific individual goals to improve the Heat’s chances of winning the NBA championship. LeBron James worked on his post game with Hakeem Olajuwon. Chris Bosh bulked up so he can grab more rebounds. Wade focused on preserving his body with a months-long conditioning program that he hopes will transform his game and extend his career.

The Heat will begin training camp Friday at AmericanAirlines Arena. When Wade reports to camp, he will debut a new body that is built for the grueling race of this season’s truncated NBA schedule.

The season begins on Christmas Day in Dallas and includes 66 games in about four months. Then begins the Heat’s real season, the playoffs.

Wade, who slipped physically ever so slightly near the end of last season’s playoffs, began working out with Downs shortly after the lockout began in July.

Thanks to Downs, owner of TERF Athletic Facility on SW 81st Terrace in Miami, Wade has trimmed weight off his frame while also increasing his strength, explosion, quickness and balance.
The end goal is a body that can stand up to the NBA’s abuse as Wade, who is nearing his 30th birthday, begins the second half of his career. Wade will weigh in Friday at 230 pounds, noticeably leaner than last season, and will register a mere 3.5 percent body fat. Wade’s total body fat was 4.8 percent when he began working with Downs.

“I just wanted to be lean,” Wade said on Friday after holding a press conference to debut his new basketball shoes. “Every year I’ve played at some kind of different weight, from my first year to last year. But for me it’s always about how lean can I be. This year I want to play at a different weight than I played at least year.”

NEW APPROACH
With a workout regimen focused on improving Wade’s core strength, Downs put the Heat’s superstar through a demanding routine that included training with large, rubber bands and balancing discs. In offseasons past, Wade has focused on training with free weights. Downs introduced a new approach.

“Yes, it’s core training but I wanted him to be able to control himself in the air at the same time,” Downs said. “I was tired of seeing him falling on the ground all the time. So the better his balance, the more he lands safely on the ground.

“We all know he can do all the moves, but I want him to land on his feet and avoid injury.”
Downs, who has worked with professional athletes for years, isn’t a typical personal trainer. You’re not going to find his equal at the basic neighborhood gym.

A former advisor to the U.S military’s aviation program, Downs has a degree in mathematical science and was inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame in 2002. Before focusing his life full-time on training, he helped the government test the maneuverability of the F-22 Raptor.
In short, he has adapted the principles of avionics and physics to sculpt human bodies.
“I started to look into body mechanics,” said Downs, who has a fifth-degree black belt in martial arts and was awarded the civilian equivalent of the Medal of Honor for his work with Army Rangers and Navy Seals. “Basically, engineers are trying to make f!ghter aircraft perform like our bodies in space.”

With help from some of the military’s top structural engineers, Downs studies the capabilities of the human body in the air and then designs workouts to maximize balance, quickness and explosion. He began working out with Wade by chance.

Downs’ TERF Athletic Facility has a program for children and Wade brought his sons to the gym to train. Wade watched the first workout session and told Downs that his sons were doing things that professional athletes didn’t even do. Wade was hooked.
MORE EXPLOSION

Downs says Wade’s unique athleticism reminds him of a combination of Allen Iverson quickness and Baron Davis’ explosion. Downs has trained both Iverson and Davis, in addition to other NBA stars.

“I truly compare [Wade] to an F-22 because the way that aircraft has to be able to maneuver in the air,” Downs said. “All the components of power and maneuverability were already there when we started working. Now we’re transforming him into an F-35. Not many people know about the F-35 yet, but it’s a better F-22 with more explosive moves.”
Downs said Wade is planning to incorporate new moves into his repertoire this season. The two have worked on improving Wade’s off-balance shooting.

“He did a new move [Tuesday] and he said, ‘Ohhhh! I’m going to get them with that one,’” Downs said. “It was back step, spin and then spin again. Made me go, ‘Ohhhh,’ too.”

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Miami Heat’s Dwyane Wade trains to become leaner, meaner - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com

[video - click to view]

Best player in the league. Back to 08-09 MV3 season formimage

Last edited by TVee; 12-11-2011 at 07:52 PM..

166 comments for "Dwyane Wade down to 3.5% body fat"

6 years ago '08        #2
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,758 | Props total: 9013 9013
i love you dwayne wade.i wonder if my man bosh si training with wade
 6 years ago '07        #3
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
230 pounds...wow, this dude is a beast
 6 years ago '07        #4
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
read this the other day. yea i thought he weighed something like 220, dude has lost fat and is up at 230 lmao he's gonna be back to bullying people

Last edited by joshdogg26; 12-11-2011 at 07:15 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #5
TVee 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 WiLL i AM said:
knickslost
this man knows what hes talking about.
 6 years ago '10        #6
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,410 | Props total: 6243 6243
gonna be a historical season for the heat this year
 12-11-2011, 07:11 PM         #7
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Injurys will happen once again
 6 years ago '04        #8
TVee 1 heat pts OP
space
space
 shaneinsane said:
Injurys will happen once again
"I got a lotta haters"

Dwyane Wade
 6 years ago '05        #9
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
 6 years ago '09        #10
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 2763 2763
This is starting to look like the year they put it all together to bring home the Larry O'Brien Trophy
 12-11-2011, 07:19 PM         #11
Lukeshuel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Bully said:
dwade has always been built like a greek god. gabrielle union is lucky to feel him inside of her every night.
 6 years ago '08        #12
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,105 | Props total: 189 189
 The Bully said:
dwade has always been built like a greek god. gabrielle union is lucky to feel him inside of her every night.

6 years ago '10        #13
2TopFlite 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,518 | Props total: 2533 2533
 The Bully said:
this dude here

Dwyane Wade best player in the game hands down and it been that way for a while ... i still remember him bringing the heat back from that 15 win season averaging right at 30 a game fresh out of dominating in the Beijing Olympics then not to win the MVP when he clearly deserved it... Wade cant be denied

234 - 82 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 74% 18 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 268-127, Rank #12 | Aug 16: 347-169, Rank #30 | Aug 15: 945-461, Rank #17 | Aug 14: 1047-586, Rank #5 | Aug 13: 319-183, Rank #13 | Aug 12: 951-559, Rank #8 | Aug 11: 907-560, Rank #16 *
 6 years ago '04        #14
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,385 | Props total: 3844 3844
Dude is a monster.
 6 years ago '05        #15
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
 The Bully said:
Same way I've always felt. D-Wade the God.... it's a privilege to have your bed rocked by him. Gabs is one hell of a lucky woman.

Take my breath away again this year D-Wade.
 6 years ago '07        #16
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
I usually dont find it funny but the harness in here is hilarious
 6 years ago '08        #17
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,928 | Props total: 7321 7321
230 at that low of a body fat?? Thats inspiration right there.
 6 years ago '11        #18
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
So let me get this correct. One of the WORLDS greatest athletes gets down to 3.5 body fat and this is suppose to be something special? On his bad days after a HUGE Thanksgiving gathering he's not over 7% body fat...this is a waste of space. Okay we get it, he worked out in the off-season....but his BMI is not telling me anything. I want to see if he can go without getting INJURED and missing games this year...thats more important to me.
 6 years ago '05        #19
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,784 | Props total: 4896 4896
 Illuminati said:
i love you dwayne wade.i wonder if my man bosh si training with wade
Dude you see Bosh this year? Dude bulked up. He looks like he put in major work this off season.
 6 years ago '10        #20
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
man that video gonna get that trainer super paid
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc