Billups: "Knicks a couple pieces short' of title + I Would Love To Sign With The Heat"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-10-2011, 10:54 PM         #1
5902 pageviews
105 comments

Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Billups: "Knicks a couple pieces short' of title + I Would Love To Sign With The Heat"

By Ian O'Connor

Chauncey Billups wants to make one thing clear: He’s angry at the situation, but he’s not angry at the Knicks.

So when asked if he believes the team that just fired him is capable of winning a championship, the point guard was thinking with his head, not his heart.

“I think they are probably a couple of pieces short, but I won’t say what they are,” Billups said Saturday by phone.

The signing of Tyson Chandler gives the Knicks a frontcourt to die for, but leaves them deficient in the backcourt, Mike Bibby or no Mike Bibby.

“I want nothing but the best for Melo and Amare, and I love Tyson; I’m happy he got his money,” Billups said. “Don’t think I don’t want the Knicks to do well….But I do believe they undervalued what I brought to the table.”

Billups had some other interesting things to say about his former team, among them:

*He grew tired of the constant Chris Paul talk. “From the first day I got there, it was always about who was going to be the next point guard, without giving me a real chance. I get it, but at the same time my track record speaks for itself. Give me a real chance to prove I can be that guy. The whole deal with Denver was about Melo, and that’s understandable, he’s a young star in the league. But at the same time, I don’t think the Knicks valued what else they got in the deal.”

*He believes he might still be a Knick without the injuries suffered against the Magic and Celtics. “When I was healthy in New York, it was great. We were rolling after that win in Miami after the trade, and then I get the thigh contusion in Orlando. I come back, we get rolling again, and then I go down in the playoffs and the injury there affected the whole outlook of my short tenure with the Knicks. If I’m healthy against Boston, we’ve got a really good chance in that series. But once I got hurt, it’s like they forgot all about the impact I did have on that team.”

*Mike D’Antoni might have a tougher time running his team through Carmelo Anthony, instead of his point guard, than he thinks. “It’s a tough transition, especially in Mike’s system where the point guard is so important as someone to make plays for everybody else. Melo is a good playmaker, but he’s going to be called on to do that more. Toney (Douglas) is a good player, but he’s young. I don’t want to say they don’t have a point guard, but their best playmaker right now is Melo.

*On the possibility of signing with a team like Miami that might face the Knicks in the playoffs: “I would like a chance at them, I’ll tell you that much. I would absolutely love that.”

[pic - click to view]

Billups: NYK 'a couple pieces short' of title - Knicks Blog - ESPN New York

Last edited by Millerionaire87; 12-10-2011 at 11:01 PM..

105 comments for "Billups: "Knicks a couple pieces short' of title + I Would Love To Sign With The Heat""

6 years ago '04        #2
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
fu*king idiots....should have kept Billups.

and wtf is this I hear about Odom going to the Mavs?
 6 years ago '10        #3
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
billups is dade county bound
 6 years ago '08        #4
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #5
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,923 | Props total: 1653 1653
thought this cat would go back to Denver since he love it so much
 6 years ago '04        #6
AmerikanDesi589 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,901 | Props total: 0 0
 ondatpurple said:
billups is dade county bound
This needs to happen. Can't deal with Mario Chalmers' inconsistent a.ss self
 6 years ago '05        #7
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,421 | Props total: 4757 4757
is he threatening retirement to avoid being bid upon? i figured he would want to go back to Denver...he would probably be bid on by a team just to prevent the Heat from getting him as a UFA...
 6 years ago '05        #8
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
here we fu*kin go.
 6 years ago '11        #9
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,923 | Props total: 1653 1653
I'd actually take him in LA, Fish be making me mad sometimes
 12-10-2011, 11:26 PM         #10
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AmerikanDesi589 said:
:agreement6::agreement6:

Billups will help us alot !

PPG

REB

ASST

FG%
 6 years ago '04        #11
space
space
 AmerikanDesi589 said:
Chalmers though "inconsistent" at least showed up on a daily basis in the Finals and was making big shots () to attempt to keep the Heat in the game instead of LBJ a.ssing up on open wide layups.

Chalmers was the 3rd best player on the Heat in the Finals IMO.
 12-10-2011, 11:28 PM         #12
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kasssssst said:
Chalmers though "inconsistent" at least showed up on a daily basis in the Finals and was making big shots () to attempt to keep the Heat in the game instead of LBJ a.ssing up on open wide layups.

Chalmers was the 3rd best player on the Heat in the Finals IMO.
yeah he was !
 6 years ago '10        #13
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,613 | Props total: 30575 30575
Take that 40 pct fg % with you

fu*kin chuck.
 6 years ago '05        #14
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,696 | Props total: 2451 2451
Billups is a lil bi*ch a.ss n*gga
 6 years ago '10        #15
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,613 | Props total: 30575 30575
 Kasssssst said:
fu*king idiots....should have kept Billups.
:
Why ?
 12-10-2011, 11:31 PM         #16
Jackson High  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami fans what happens if you do get Billups? Then what?

I see a lot of happy faces but he's still a old man, who will get injured & who at times shoots more than he should.
 6 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 SmoothTay said:
Why ?
Chauncey can shoot, pass, defend....he does everything you want a PG to do though maybe he isn't as quick as the younger pgs in the league nowadays, he's called Mr. Big Shot for a reason and isn't afraid to take those high risk shots.
 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM         #18
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
would never heart to have depth him and mario would be great at the point guard but right now we have a rookie Norris Cole with mario
and Norris Cole is that n*gga next in line...watch what i tell you !...superstar in the making !
 6 years ago '06        #19
therulersback 
space
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 5 5
billups in miami is a good look
 12-10-2011, 11:35 PM         #20
Jackson High  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
would never hurt to have depth him and mario would be great at the point guard but right now we have a rookie Norris Cole with mario
Ahh yes I did forget about that, apologizes my good friend. While this could be a good deal especially seeing that Chalmers can learn from the veteran, this is very much a gamble.

Then again it's looking bleek for teams trying to sign solid point guards for this free agency period.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
29 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy