Rappers Who Had A Legitimate Shot At GOAT Status But f'ked It All Up

most viewed right now
 Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
202 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NCAAF Georgia LB Natrez Patrick was arrested for this amount of weed
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
31 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #61
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,536 | Props total: 3829 3829
n*gga said SAIGON though

it's clearly DMX, the way he started off, if he kept that up & stayed off the drugs for 3 more years, he'd have the greatest discography of all time
 6 years ago '07        #62
kold107 
space
space
space
$548 | Props total: 20 20
 28 Gramz said:

>>>>>>

u make me siiiick, this sucka a GOAT,,,,
 12-11-2011, 08:21 AM         #63
JoeyPrince  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jy'liyahpops said:
Im in aaawwww no one said tip ....T.I. had a very promising career u couldnt tell me trapmuzik wasnt classik then urban legend was a great follow up for the people .... K i n G sucked ti vs tip was very decent then he seemed to be back on the right track with papertrail now he is just a.ss no one agrees in 04-05 ti wasnt on his was to goat status????

oh n Joe Budden / Lupe to me where both axed off by first single choices pump it up n kick push did niether of these cats careers justice
Ur so right. I will Add Tip To the OP Here in a minute
 6 years ago '10        #64
ATL 770 
space
space
space
$183 | Props total: 101 101
 monyemoney said:

Lil wayne a.ssisted wit the pen...by gilly..lets not forget currensy was the first artist he signed...was droppin endless mixtapes which is how he got love first by completely switching his style...currensy leaves now he is droppin mad mixtapes..hmmm...signs drake sounds n sings like drake..drops a rock album first song he does written by that other chick on his label...

Bottomline goats arent coached they ghost but never get a.ssistance wit the pen nas,pun,face,budden,x,ghostface,ll..yea ivsaid it ll cause he epidemizes what a real mc truly is....peep his resume ive said enough people dont like reading but i can bafk my claims up

Everyone receives a.ssistance of some sort. Ghostface recieved help form other members of the Wu. Even Nas receives a.ssistance:

ATP: Right. You produced ‘We’re not Alone’. I love that.

Stic.man: Thank you. I was able to write and produce for him so not only did I get to make music, but I actually got to offer my input on his lyrics and write some of the hooks and even some of his verses. Imagine, for me that’s like being able to train with Bruce Lee and tell him to tighten his fist up a lil bit!
*Both laugh*

Stic.man: So you know, I was so humbled and Nas is such a prolific writer and a master at what he does so that was a high point for me as a producer and as a song writer also.

Gillie already admitted he never wrote for Wayne, he just coached him:

And Wayne was great before Currensy entered the picture. Currensy improved after he left Young Money.
 6 years ago '04        #65
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,700 | Props total: 15527 15527
Only person worthy on that list is DMX.
 6 years ago '04        #66
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
Jadakiss....Jadakiss Jadakiss Jadakiss
 6 years ago '04        #67
therealness 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,438 | Props total: 1570 1570
Mase on Bad Boy before the Rugrats rap??

But I agree with DMX and Canibus.

Papoose and Saigon woulda been like Jada 2.0. Hood legends but not much to the masses. Same with Big L and Stack.
 6 years ago '07        #68
Ares416 
space
space
space
$150 | Props total: 6 6
Canibus----One of the greatest lyricists too bad taht doesn't translate to albums

Ludacris----Got some bangers, At least one classic album, and conscious music.

Eminem-Ruined his consistency by releasing 3 Garbage a.ss albums; Encore, Relapse and Recovery. How can you be GOAT when half your discography is garbage

Papoose----Once again, he has the lyrical skill, had soo much hype around him and completely let it die

Lauryn Hill-----One of the greatest artists on the planet Earth. 2 classic albums under her belt, had the most grammy nomiantions for a rap album I believe. Completely ruined her career.

Andre 3000----NO solo album? One of the greatest lyricists in the game. He has tons of fire verses and k!lls nearly every guest feature he does. I believe he still could be GOAT, he just needs to put out some solo projects first

Lupe----Funny, I actually started out hating Lupe. WHen I finally gave him a chance, I saw that he was pretty good. Maybe not GOAT. Early comparisons to Nas, made me angry and turned me away from his music, samething that is happening w/ J.Cole if you ask me. Good artist, conscius, not afraid to take risks but due to Lasers being a.ss that's one strike against him. Lupe could always turn it around I suppose but honestly looking at the direction rap is going I'm a say unlikely.

Drake----I will explain this. Drake if you look behind a lot of what he is saying, deep down is a lyrical dude. He being from my city I know he had to grind his a.ss off, and there was a lot of pressure for his debut to be a classic album. A lot of people in the city kinda looked at Drake to show what Toronto had to offer and his album was very good, I'm a say even COULD have been classic minus a few songs. His sophmore album was good too but not as good to me, if anything I see his music kind of dwindling. His first album had Kanye and Jay on it. Now all he got is Lil Wayne and Rihanna. I'm pulling for this dude, but yea I doubt he will have a classic album.
 12-11-2011, 09:21 AM         #69
TXChainsaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BastardChild said:
your a turd sandwhich

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #70
georgiaballa 
space
space
$647 | Props total: 278 278
 hiphophorray123 said:
if you dont understand him then that's your problem isn't it?

This
 6 years ago '04        #71
dajerzeerat 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,115 | Props total: 0 0
 gagethedesigner said:
i defiantly say Lupe
Defiantly? Did you mean definitely? Knucklehead. Must be the raining spelling bee champ.

The only reason I care is because in this particular situation, it completely misinterprets what your trying to say.
 12-11-2011, 10:00 AM         #72
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BastardChild said:
your a turd sandwhich

[pic - click to view]

that kid is tight
 12-11-2011, 10:11 AM         #73
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
T.I still one of the GOATS, king of the souf.
 12-11-2011, 10:13 AM         #74
Cipherr  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I say, Ma$e and T.I. both had major potential, shame.
 6 years ago '06        #75
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
Mase??? No way. That slow flow was only gonna go for so long. Big Pun is the obvious answer...for me.
 6 years ago '04        #76
PushaT5050 
space
space
$1,696 | Props total: 25 25
Beanie Sigel
 6 years ago '11        #77
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,754 | Props total: 4951 4951
Jada,Nas,DMX

saigon, canibus .... really?
who do you think you're talking too .. WHITE PEOPLE !!

Last edited by BtMkRs; 12-11-2011 at 10:54 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #78
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
when i first heard canibus i thought he could be one of the goats but when i heard his debut album i thought he would just be a good collabo rapper

hes not a good song writer

pun and canibus would k!ll people on other peoples songs

it wouldnt even be close
 12-11-2011, 10:57 AM         #79
Stauffer05  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good call on saigon i watched a video bout many rappers saying that he had the most anticipated hip hop album in a while then the label shelved him its some f'd sh*t honestly...but saigon go hard lyrically and how can you put 50 on this list? this n*gga was a monster with sales in the early 2000 he just got old fell off
 6 years ago '09        #80
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8870 8870
Eminem hasn't made a great album since The Eminem Show, his last 3 albums was garbage......
Keith Murray

Last edited by Ash10; 12-11-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
21 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
87 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
43 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
99 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
56 comments
20 hours ago