CP3 Trade MIGHT Go Through?

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
61 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 I'm The Dan said:
Nobody said a word when the Celtics acquired Kevin Garnett (he was a top five player easily then) and Ray Allen (who was still at the top of his game). In fact, people cheered the move. To your point that, "people don't want the ending to movies they know the ending" comment; I disagree, because that same year, the Celtics won the finals and was rated one of the highest ever.

When LeBron and Bosh went to the Heat, everyone cheered it (boo'd LeBron, but cheered the 'super team').

When the Lakers get close to acquiring a superstar like CP3 to play with Kobe and Bynum, then it's "unbalanced."

That's my problem with the whole situation. It's not like the Lakers were giving up scrubs; they were giving up a starting PF and SF. One is considered an elite player while the other is considered an All-Star player.

I have a feeling the trade will get done, though. There has always been a history of ESPN pressuring the NBA into doing something. I was surprised to see all the hate from ESPN talking heads on this, so I expect the league to change it's decision. The deal might get updated a little, so it's not the same trade anymore, but I think it'll be about the same trade.
The Celtics did not trade for KG and Ray Allen... Everyone had a fair shot at acquiring them in the free agent market by offering the best deal with the best chance of winning... In the end Boston gave them the best deal with the best chance of winning... They did not leverage small market teams for their superstars... KG and Ray had no teams... The only thing that brings in money for small market teams are their star players... They arent like Boston, NY and LA who will make money regardless of the team's records... On top of that those players were no longer superstars and marketable figures they were at the end of their careers

And nobody cheered the LEbron to the Heat thing... WTF are you talking about?? That was the most scrutinized signing in recent memory... That was one of the reasons behind the lockout... It's outrageous to have superstars collectively team up in the big market cities... Owners of small market cities no they have no chance of getting TV play or marketing their team without a star... Bottom line you don't want stars to flock to major markets... You want stars collectively all over the country otherwise why have 30 teams when 8 of your 10 superstars on 3 teams...
 6 years ago '04        #102
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 JimDinO77 said:
league ruined let's be real, dream teams take L's, look @ Philly ....
Your talking basketball sense... This has nothing to do with what happens on the court... It is about money... Not basketball... Teams need to be able to make money... You cannot make money without a marketable figure unless you are a major market team... So small market teams need a star to market... U can't allow these stars to continue this trend of running to the big apple, hollywood, south beach just to be in the limelight... It k!lls the small market which makes up more than 60% of the NBA
 6 years ago '06        #103
bugzy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,419 | Props total: 107 107
 modalee said:
Itll go through when Dwight Howard has been traded. That fu*king rat bastard Stern is sabotaging the Lakers master plan.
same sh*t i was thinking
 6 years ago '07        #104
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,621 | Props total: 2469 2469
It isn't going downnn
 6 years ago '08        #105
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,759 | Props total: 12194 12194
If you veto this 1 Devil Stern

2 words:

Jimmy Hoffa
 6 years ago '09        #107
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
its going down

theres a new deal: Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that Luis Scola, Kevin Martin and a 2012 draft pick would still be sent by the Rockets to the Hornets as part of the deal.
 6 years ago '10        #108
Legend33 
space
space
space
$5 | Props total: 0 0
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Most recent construction of CP3 trade, sources say, does indeed still send Odom to NOH. Hornets want him as much as Martin/Scola, even ...

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Even though Hornets know Odom doesn't want to leave LA. Their preference is keeping him but sense is they'll trade him on if they have to
 6 years ago '10        #109
Legend33 
space
space
space
$5 | Props total: 0 0
chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Lots of speculation that Emeka Okafor is in the new CP3 deal. Source says he is not part of trade.
 6 years ago '04        #110
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 dre03 said:
The Celtics did not trade for KG and Ray Allen... Everyone had a fair shot at acquiring them in the free agent market by offering the best deal with the best chance of winning... In the end Boston gave them the best deal with the best chance of winning... They did not leverage small market teams for their superstars... KG and Ray had no teams... The only thing that brings in money for small market teams are their star players... They arent like Boston, NY and LA who will make money regardless of the team's records... On top of that those players were no longer superstars and marketable figures they were at the end of their careers

And nobody cheered the LEbron to the Heat thing... WTF are you talking about?? That was the most scrutinized signing in recent memory... That was one of the reasons behind the lockout... It's outrageous to have superstars collectively team up in the big market cities... Owners of small market cities no they have no chance of getting TV play or marketing their team without a star... Bottom line you don't want stars to flock to major markets... You want stars collectively all over the country otherwise why have 30 teams when 8 of your 10 superstars on 3 teams...
The Celtics did trade for KG and Ray Allen..
The gist of it was

Al Jefferson & fillers for KG
Jeff Green (after Boston tanked and failed to get a top 2 pick in draft w/ Oden & Durant) for Ray Allen
 6 years ago '04        #111
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,598 | Props total: 369 369
 sonof504 said:
Stern just commented on the deal. Basically told the whole league to stop low-balling the Hornets or Paul is going nowhere.

Not sure how I feel about that.
low balling.. really the lakers are giving up to much.. Pau Gasol and Chris Paul could be a sign and trade... Even swap.. they giving up Lamar was well.... if you ask me they giving up more than they getting.. CP3 is a great point guard and we need him but we are giving up a lot already...
 6 years ago '08        #112
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 Kuchiki_Byakuya said:
Is the combination of Wade, Bron and Bosh not better than Kobe, CP3 and D12?

I mean you have the best SG, best SF and top 5 PF against the second best SG, arguably (due to injury) best PG and best C.... seems pretty even to me.
Your lying.
Everyone know that C, SG,PG> PF,SF,SG.

bw5011 said:
low balling.. really the lakers are giving up to much.. Pau Gasol and Chris Paul could be a sign and trade... Even swap.. they giving up Lamar was well.... if you ask me they giving up more than they getting.. CP3 is a great point guard and we need him but we are giving up a lot already...
fu*k Lamar and Gasol
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
43 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
130 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
76 comments
2 days ago