CP3 Trade MIGHT Go Through?

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #81
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
 KSoraci7 said:
Not really, Rondo/Jeff Green and 1st round picks > Scola/32yo Lamar & No picks.

Hornets got the worst end in this deal, people are just trying make it seem fair because Pau Gasol is a Rocket. In the end, what the Hornets ended up with is comical.
Also K. Martin and Beno Udrich and a draft pick. Not bad I think considering the circumstances
 6 years ago '05        #82
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I have a feeling that the league is waiting for Howard to be traded (to the Nets?) before they allow this trade to go through.
 6 years ago '07        #83
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,359 | Props total: 1095 1095
 sonof504 said:
Stern just commented on the deal. Basically told the whole league to stop low-balling the Hornets or Paul is going nowhere.

Not sure how I feel about that.
ur avy is funny

big dreams hahaha
 6 years ago '11        #84
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #85
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8248 8248
n*ggas forgetting the league owns the hornets they'll never sell the team without something substantial

Lamar and Khloe aint substantial
 6 years ago '05        #86
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 22 22
Is it a smart idea for either Houston or New Orleans to ask for Bynum instead of Gasol since Howard is going to the Nets?
 6 years ago '10        #87
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
 teh truth said:
right?

noh where getting a whole starting 5back

odom
martin
scola
dragic

maybe not dragic
This ^ Hornets were getting 4 solid players instead of getting nothing for Paul. The Hornets GM has to be pissed im sure he worked hard to come up with that deal. If anything the Rockets was the team that was getting screwed over the most. Gasol is good but they were about to trade 3 legit players.
 6 years ago '06        #88
primetimemookie 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 98 98
 Cheeze said:
the ability to sell the team is >>> than the option of cp3 leaving which would cause the league to still own the Hornets since no one would buy them without CP3
no one is going to buy them knowing cp3 is leaving at the end of the season either.
 6 years ago '04        #89
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5482 5482
regardless, stern made a dumb precedent that tarnished his already-tarnished nba brand. either this trade get "un-vetoed" or cp3 better not get traded anytime this year to another team. see how much that will cure the "balance" issues the nba is so concerned with. N.O. will tank within the next year.

you want a solution, stern? RETRACT
 6 years ago '04        #90
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 2549 2549
 sheva07 said:
I don't understand how Stern gets riddiculed for this decision. IMO this was the best decision he has made in a LONG time. Stern's job is to maximize the amount of $$$$ the League can bring in.

Letting that trade happen, leaving the Lakers with Bynum, draft picks, and CASH is basically k!lling the league. The lakers after acquiring CP3 would then offer all that for Dwight. Now you have a team with the best PG, best C, arguablly one of the best players to ever touch a bball (Kpbe), and still left over cap space to bring someone else in. lmfao

To break it down for y'all: People dont watch or spend their $$$ on movies they already know the ending to. So are you going to tune in to watch a league where you already no who's taking it. This is basically the reason why the NFL is more appealing than the NBA... every season in the NFL there is no clear cut winner.

I am not a Stern fan but I commend him on making this decision...
If you are a basketball purist you would appreciate Stern decision in actually attempting to save the league

chuuch!! finally someone kick the real...

i wouldnt watch the sh*t. just wait til Lakers met Miami...

Last edited by SpyDa; 12-09-2011 at 06:43 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #91
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
This thread just got real

6 years ago '05        #92
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
 sheva07 said:
I don't understand how Stern gets riddiculed for this decision. IMO this was the best decision he has made in a LONG time. Stern's job is to maximize the amount of $$$$ the League can bring in.

Letting that trade happen, leaving the Lakers with Bynum, draft picks, and CASH is basically k!lling the league. The lakers after acquiring CP3 would then offer all that for Dwight. Now you have a team with the best PG, best C, arguablly one of the best players to ever touch a bball (Kpbe), and still left over cap space to bring someone else in. lmfao

To break it down for y'all: People dont watch or spend their $$$ on movies they already know the ending to. So are you going to tune in to watch a league where you already no who's taking it. This is basically the reason why the NFL is more appealing than the NBA... every season in the NFL there is no clear cut winner.

I am not a Stern fan but I commend him on making this decision...
If you are a basketball purist you would appreciate Stern decision in actually attempting to save the league
Nobody said a word when the Celtics acquired Kevin Garnett (he was a top five player easily then) and Ray Allen (who was still at the top of his game). In fact, people cheered the move. To your point that, "people don't want the ending to movies they know the ending" comment; I disagree, because that same year, the Celtics won the finals and was rated one of the highest ever.

When LeBron and Bosh went to the Heat, everyone cheered it (boo'd LeBron, but cheered the 'super team').

When the Lakers get close to acquiring a superstar like CP3 to play with Kobe and Bynum, then it's "unbalanced."

That's my problem with the whole situation. It's not like the Lakers were giving up scrubs; they were giving up a starting PF and SF. One is considered an elite player while the other is considered an All-Star player.

I have a feeling the trade will get done, though. There has always been a history of ESPN pressuring the NBA into doing something. I was surprised to see all the hate from ESPN talking heads on this, so I expect the league to change it's decision. The deal might get updated a little, so it's not the same trade anymore, but I think it'll be about the same trade.
 6 years ago '10        #93
BEASTMODE863 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 299 299
 KSoraci7 said:

Hornets got the worst end in this deal, people are just trying make it seem fair because Pau Gasol is a Rocket. In the end, what the Hornets ended up with is comical.
Kevin Martin/Scola/32yo Lamar & No picks > Rondo/Jeff Green and 1st round picks

lets get serious for a sec, we all know those "1st round picks" Boston would be giving up are pretty much worthless, if you aint pickin in the first 5 picks, its pretty much worthless
 6 years ago '05        #94
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
other teams knew we was about to get cp3 and d12 and f*g a.ss gilbert didnt want that
 6 years ago '04        #95
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
space
$460 | Props total: 230 230
 KSoraci7 said:

U left out kevin martin and goran dragic and a first round pick that is way more then a jeff green rajon rondo deal sorry bruh......just like a typical boston fan always hating on the BEST franchise in the league...............
 6 years ago '10        #96
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,316 | Props total: 1964 1964
 HenryTheMenace said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #97
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8248 8248
 I'm The Dan said:

When LeBron and Bosh went to the Heat, everyone cheered it (boo'd LeBron, but cheered the 'super team').

When the Lakers get close to acquiring a superstar like CP3 to play with Kobe and Bynum, then it's "unbalanced."
Are you serious

"Everyone Cheered"

Besides the people that were actually Bron and Heat Fans I dont think anybody cheered. People forget Cuban asked Stern to do an investigation on collusion charges when that sh*t went down.

Lakers fans feeling like victims
 6 years ago '05        #98
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,557 | Props total: 1157 1157
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
your a fu*king idiot how is rondo a guard who cant shoot and Green a guy who hasn't done anything a better fit . L.O is a all star and a champ proven player only 31 he's better then both of them. K martin can get u 30 every nite and still a young player and can help. Scola is double double guy and does alot of dirty work those are 3 good players rite there man. If u dont like them u could easily trade those guys to a contender for picks. This isnt 2k man u need players who have been there and know what it takes to win a ring. lol at u saying rondo and fu*king green are better lol hating a.ss another idiot . So 3 GM said ok to it cause it was a good deal, but another bx couch coach swears they know better deal

Except rondo has rings and is young and can make any team better I mean he's easily one of the best points in the game
 6 years ago '05        #99
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,557 | Props total: 1157 1157
 jdogg562 said:
U left out kevin martin and goran dragic and a first round pick that is way more then a jeff green rajon rondo deal sorry bruh......just like a typical boston fan always hating on the BEST franchise in the league...............
Martin played 80 games last year first time ever he lucky to play half a season I mean I wouldn't take him and I wouldn't take two 30 plus pf either I would want a young star and some picks
 6 years ago '05        #100
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,101 | Props total: 4235 4235
 KSoraci7 said:
Stern knows cp3 = dwight trade to Lakers and the league will be ruined.

Ultimately making the whole Lockout about "making the league more balanced" look like a joke.
league ruined let's be real, dream teams take L's, look @ Philly ....
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy