Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #81
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,827 | Props total: 12542 12542
 Fade said:
Will do. In this thread or start another one?

I for one am not that big of an Eminem fan. I literally listen to him like twice or so a year, need to be in a very specific mood for me to listen to him. His music had it's moments of incredible lyricism but his early albums are only praised due to creativity - he made a new weird lane for himself. His music now, I'd agree he isn't sayin sh*t on it.

Nas has been one of the more versatile of the two you listed though. He didn't need a gimmick and his lyrical content is so far ahead of Eminem's it's not even funny. Nas has made classic albums on 2 different subject matters, not many artists can say they did that. It's not same sh*t different day with Nas like it is with Jay.

It really just comes down to preference. If you like "luxury rap" then do you but I'm not a fan of it like that, especially not from Kanye. I never listened to Jay like that and don't intend to, but I know I didn't like what I heard on WTT...
@ nas didn't need a gimmick...thats why the n*gga dropped i am and nastradamus trying to go mainstream, failed horribly, and then went back pretending to be smarter then everyone else.

Immortal tech>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nas when it comes to conscious rap.

nas stans are hilarious
 6 years ago '10        #82
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
I actually would like to hear a new Jay solo album. He's fallen off a little but he's still got bars.
 6 years ago '04        #83
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,326 | Props total: 416 416
 Ra-da-god said:
so it okay for the younger wack n*ggas to rap though

BP3>>>>> Carter 4

"he running out of things to say"

that's funny on some real sh*t besides Lupe, J. Cole and Common who on a mainstream level is really talking about anything? that leaves just bars and music and right now with the exception of Eminem rap wise Jay-z music wise>>>
i agree
 6 years ago '11        #84
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 The Blueprint said:
@ nas didn't need a gimmick...thats why the n*gga dropped i am and nastradamus trying to go mainstream, failed horribly, and then went back pretending to be smarter then everyone else.

Immortal tech>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>nas when it comes to conscious rap.

nas stans are hilarious
Stop jumpin into things that don't have nothin to do with you. Nas didn't rap about raping his mom or k!lling his girlfriend like Eminem did.

Go find somebody else's time to waste...
 6 years ago '04        #85
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Fade said:
Stop jumpin into things that don't have nothin to do with you. Nas didn't rap about raping his mom or k!lling his girlfriend like Eminem did.

Go find somebody else's time to waste...
But to be fair Eminem was doing that before he blew too, its not like he switched up to get record sales......
 6 years ago '11        #86
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Fade said:
Will do. In this thread or start another one?

I for one am not that big of an Eminem fan. I literally listen to him like twice or so a year, need to be in a very specific mood for me to listen to him. His music had it's moments of incredible lyricism but his early albums are only praised due to creativity - he made a new weird lane for himself. His music now, I'd agree he isn't sayin sh*t on it.

Nas has been one of the more versatile of the two you listed though. He didn't need a gimmick and his lyrical content is so far ahead of Eminem's it's not even funny. Nas has made classic albums on 2 different subject matters, not many artists can say they did that. It's not same sh*t different day with Nas like it is with Jay.

It really just comes down to preference. If you like "luxury rap" then do you but I'm not a fan of it like that, especially not from Kanye. I never listened to Jay like that and don't intend to, but I know I didn't like what I heard on WTT...

U crazy if u think nas is that much better then Eminem lyrically
 6 years ago '06        #87
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,986 | Props total: 4014 4014
 Young Hov said:
and his haters still will come in the threads crying cuz their fav rapper is a bum

we'll see you again next year fukk boy
*looks at your name*

Rico23 said:
Well-known jay hater appears...and a lakers "fan" at that?....your blood pressure and sodium levels must be skyyyy high
I'm a bigger Laker fan than you with any of your teams, bi*ch. And you would know about me. I own you.

The Blueprint said:
n*ggas like to pretend to hate jay....you know damn well when n*ggaz in paris comes on these d!ck in the b00ty a.ss n*ggaz can at help but singalong.
I gotta admit though, n*ggas In Paris is not bad. Corny beat though.
 6 years ago '11        #88
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Ra-da-god said:
But to be fair Eminem was doing that before he blew too, its not like he switched up to get record sales......
Doesn't matter to me...

Kingpin 313 said:
U crazy if u think nas is that much better then Eminem lyrically
I didn't say it was by far but he is...
 6 years ago '05        #89
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Fade said:
What risk has he took? Um, going from the Queens Bridge coke pushing k!ller to being a black empowerment, Pac-esque type of rapper. Those two don't really coincide with each other.
I gotta agree with this right here. While Nas and other "conscious" (hate this term) rappers may stay in their lane the same way Jay and other luxury rappers do (but I'm uncomfortable putting Jay in this category in the same way someone like Ross would be in it), being a conscious rapper means you're constantly talking about different topics. The lane itself is inherently more diverse than the luxury rap lane, which is stagnant as fu*k because you're really only rapping about one thing.

That said, Jay definitely has had diversity over his career, but the vast majority of his work is brag or luxury rap. He even admits the switch up on Moment of Clarity. Songs like You Must Love Me, that sh*t is incredible, that song touched my heart and I could relate to it, but Jay doesn't give you a lot of that because it doesn't make for number one records. He gives you maybe, one or two an album. Nas and other like-rappers, on the other hand, give you damn near full albums of that.
 6 years ago '05        #90
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
Infinite would like a word with you.
 6 years ago '04        #91
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3473 3473
I could do without another album from "The Throne".

Considering how mediocre Watch The Throne really was..
 6 years ago '05        #92
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
 The Blueprint said:

nas stans are hilarious
Man, get the fu*k outta here. There's a few trashmatic attempts at mainstream on those albums, but if you listen through the albums, Nas is on the same sh*t he always was on most of the songs. If you take the best songs from Nastradamus and I Am and combine them with the leaked joints and joints from the Lost Tapes, that sh*t is a bonafide classic. And it's not like Nas didn't have mainstream success before those albums. I'm not defending the escobar era, but dudes need to listen harder, for real.
 6 years ago '08        #93
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
Hov is top 5 dead or alive so fu*k it, im checkin for the solo and wtt2.
 6 years ago '04        #94
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,907 | Props total: 1149 1149
a jay-z solo album in 2012. a kanye solo album in 2012. WTT 2 in 2013.

#uHearditFirst
 6 years ago '06        #95
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,071 | Props total: 18868 18868
looking forward to the new solo if he does it right, with the right producers...
 6 years ago '05        #96
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,956 | Props total: 10879 10879
Another WTT album?? Hell no

A jay solo and a kanye solo?? Yes.

BP3 was garbage, but I'll give Hov a benefit cause AG was his best after retirement album. Kanye's MDBTF album was decent. Not a classic but not average either it was solid and very good.
 6 years ago '11        #97
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 9470 9470
 Vancouver said:
Man, get the fu*k outta here. There's a few trashmatic attempts at mainstream on those albums, but if you listen through the albums, Nas is on the same sh*t he always was on most of the songs. If you take the best songs from Nastradamus and I Am and combine them with the leaked joints and joints from the Lost Tapes, that sh*t is a bonafide classic. And it's not like Nas didn't have mainstream success before those albums. I'm not defending the escobar era, but dudes need to listen harder, for real.
that is the point he was making, if rapping about the "same thing" is a problem for jay is should be for every1 else that does it

people acting like wtt was garbage, it was a good album had some keepers and some throwaways.

[pic - click to view]

but when did this happen and why wasn't i informed of this?
 6 years ago '07        #98
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,071 | Props total: 1843 1843
jay z solo album? do not want....

n*gga aint even that good

kanye's worst album>>>>jayz's best
 6 years ago '09        #99
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 Fade said:
You seriously don't want me to go track through track and rip WTT apart. Out of those songs you listed the only ones I noticed that they weren't sayin the same sh*t on were murder to Excellence & Made In America. If you want me to take it there to prove my point I will, just know you asked for it.

I honestly don't even have nothin against Jay, but I will say I'm gettin annoyed at you suckin off Jay every chance you get. He nor Yeezy were anything above average on WTT.

And if I didn't like Jay I would just say it...

I'm not a particular fan of WTT as it is. Yeah it has some catchy songs but I haven't found myself listening to a single track from the album since like October
New Day was the same sh*t? Welcome to the Jungle (particularly the second verse where he's indirectly paying homage to various artists who passed away)? No Church was the same sh*t (particularly the Socrates/Plato mentions)? Why I Love You? Please do elaborate on your point...plus you got the two songs you mentioned...

half the fu*king album isn't even braggadocio...and there's nothing inherently wrong with braggadocio or 'luxury raps' if it's done properly and executed with wit (and in this case, it most certainly is...Jay's Richard Pryor line >>> *)
 6 years ago '09        #100
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 Jeet Kune Do said:
kanye's worst album>>>>jayz's best
Kanye's definitely got a more consistent discography than Jay but this statement is one of the most absurd things I've ever read...you're honestly saying that Graduation or 808s (those two are usually considered Kanye's worst) are better than Reasonable Doubt, The Black Album, The Blueprint and American Gangster? Get the fu*k out.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago