most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #121
birdman22 
space
space
space
$1,171 | Props total: 135 135
No I'm not a Lakers fan I'm just a fan of basketball. Believe me I don't want to see the Lakers get better like this lol, but I understand it and I also understand the game. Like you said develop the young guys ok. Who on that team has star potential? Now when there contracts are up and they want money what do you do? With the team they have now your looking at a mid first round pick, which is good next year, but if they stay consistent with being a middle of the pack team they won't get a star.. Also when the contract of these stud rookies are up they will prob want to leave to a bigger market anyway.. The best way for a team like Rockets is to trade? Are you looking at this trade as just getting Gasol? Or do you not understand they have a chance at Nene or Jordan who would also be a good fit next to Gasol? They can also get a stud guard..
 12-08-2011, 03:03 PM         #122
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 akademiks said:
Draft picks aren't guaranteed and the order is chosen by lottery.

Only the incredibly lucky teams can really build their depth through the draft. And if your team sucks, no free agents will want to play there.
at this point the lottry is a better option
 6 years ago '10        #123
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
 birdman22 said:
Did you look at this trade? Chris Paul isn't getting traded for Pau Gasol.. He's getting traded for Scola, Kevin Martin, and picks.. Thats 2 role players who are locked in contracts and future first round picks. Thats the best u will get for him.. Paul has said he will sign with Knicks or Lakers and will see with Clippers, Celtics, and Warriors. So nobody else is offering anything good except Rond and Martin, Scola is better then Rondo to start to build around.. Also you don't know if Ariza or Emeka is part of this..

For Rockets fans you have to wait in see the big picture and see how it finishes. Yes if they trade for Gasol and don't get anything else it will suck.. But if they get Nene and other stuff over time it will be good.. If you don't think a Gasol, Nene front court is good your dumb. Plus they have enough role players to continue to trade.
the trade is not fair for the rockets but whateva. Morey fukkin up that team 1 bad trade at a time
 6 years ago '04        #124
birdman22 
space
space
space
how many teams have been built through the lottery who can seriously contend for a title? The Thunder thats it..
 6 years ago '05        #125
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
nba has to have teams like ny mia, lal, other big markets good. ppl love basketball when big market teams are good. When spur vs det that was one of the lowest rating finals in history. so u have to have great storyline and the best one are with the big city teams that just way it is. Like i said the media only crys about small market teams cause it sounds nice but its all about superstars in big city always has been always will .
 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM         #126
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 birdman22 said:
No I'm not a Lakers fan I'm just a fan of basketball. Believe me I don't want to see the Lakers get better like this lol, but I understand it and I also understand the game. Like you said develop the young guys ok. Who on that team has star potential? Now when there contracts are up and they want money what do you do? With the team they have now your looking at a mid first round pick, which is good next year, but if they stay consistent with being a middle of the pack team they won't get a star.. Also when the contract of these stud rookies are up they will prob want to leave to a bigger market anyway.. The best way for a team like Rockets is to trade? Are you looking at this trade as just getting Gasol? Or do you not understand they have a chance at Nene or Jordan who would also be a good fit next to Gasol? They can also get a stud guard..
patterson. and it's not even about shaping those guys into stars but really solid players.

what true stud guard can they get when you just said that no star wants to come to houston?

you're overrating morey
 6 years ago '04        #127
birdman22 
space
space
space
 Gottagat said:
the trade is not fair for the rockets but whateva. Morey fukkin up that team 1 bad trade at a time
Ok how would u fix the Rockets? What u don't understand is they collected a lot of good role players and that could be turned into talent.. Stars wont go to Houston its not happening..
 6 years ago '05        #128
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 Gottagat said:
your an idiot didnt read one thing dude said your just stupid .

birdman22 said:
how many teams have been built through the lottery who can seriously contend for a title? The Thunder thats it..
 all3rd said:
Been a joke during free agency I thought the league was stopping these crazy contract I mean Nene and Chandler while good players are about to get the Max weren't these owners not wanting this anymore?
so are we gonna still blame the players for this owners still over paying for players new cba old cba owners still doing stupid sh*t but hey lets blame the players
 6 years ago '05        #129
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
 birdman22 said:
The blazers were close But they never traded any of their a.ssets when their value was high and now their stuck wit em being exposed as what they are...they coulda flipped rudy Fernandez and batum a logn time ago when teams were calling about them but got greedy
 6 years ago '08        #130
MADIA 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 33 33
if your gonna post every "report" that comes out, your gonna have a busy next few days
call me when theres a press conference
 6 years ago '04        #131
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,594 | Props total: 1013 1013
 SoulOnIce said:
Pau helped win 2 straight championships and know you guys want to get rid of him. I'd give Pau another chance to be honest.
I'm not trying to lose Pau especially if we can't get D12 and get stuck with Bee Knees Bynum. He goes down and we're fu*ked. Still though CP3
 6 years ago '04        #132
birdman22 
space
space
space
 King Jove said:
patterson. and it's not even about shaping those guys into stars but really solid players.

what true stud guard can they get when you just said that no star wants to come to houston?
They will have to trade for a star that has a bad contract. When you have the Rockets it's hard to build because of the market. i think Joe Johnson would be a good fit there. Not my first option but a line up of Gasol, Nene, Johnson would be a solid start if u can't get anything else.

For you people who say Johnson is overrated. He is overpaid not overrated. He can get you 20 a night. But i would look around n see what else is out there first. But I would take Johnson over Monta because he can defend
 6 years ago '10        #133
Mike Watts 
space
space
$1,046 | Props total: 42 42
 KeepinItTrill said:
is it the Lakers fault that they're a more prominent franchise than both of those teams you just mentioned
No, it's not. I'm not faulting them for making this trade, anyone would be stupid not to if they had the team that the Lakers do. My general point is that we endured a lockout that was suppose to create parity amongst teams and an overall more competitive balance and it accomplished absolutely nothing but cutting the players share of profits.

GUNIT-FINEST said:
ppl said the same thing about the grizz trade and u idiot k!lled them for that deal . and look at grizz now
Yeah, it's easy now to say that because the Grizzlies finally made it to the playoffs and probably only advanced past the first round because they tanked to play an injury riddled team that they matched up well with after three years of mediocrity while the Lakers went and got two championships out of it. That's a really great comparison from clearly the smartest poster in the sports section of BX. I really don't know why I expected less.

birdman22 said:
Again you guys don't understand basketball and are looking at this as strictly Paul to Lakers... The Rockets will save money this way and add championship level pieces to there team and saving money to go after other players.. The Rockets aren't in a market to just add players you guys who think they are must be crazy.. Gasol/Nene in the post will get u in the playoffs no matter who else is there.. Scola and Martin will not!!
Yeah, trading for Pau and getting Nene and some role players is really going to do wonders when they make the playoffs and make a first round, or maybe at best a second round exit.
 6 years ago '08        #134
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 birdman22 said:
Ok how would u fix the Rockets? What u don't understand is they collected a lot of good role players and that could be turned into talent.. Stars wont go to Houston its not happening..
this. only reason houston was relevant after their championship days was cause they drafted yao and got stevie franchise. tmac chose houston for the money and being able to play alongside yao.

now that yao is gone. what is there in houston to look forward to? they need the draft lottery and hope they have cash to throw at a huge FA in a few years
 6 years ago '04        #135
birdman22 
space
space
space
 Afnorth123 said:
The blazers were close But they never traded any of their a.ssets when their value was high and now their stuck wit em being exposed as what they are...they coulda flipped rudy Fernandez and batum a logn time ago when teams were calling about them but got greedy
The Rockets are on the verge of being the Blazers or Nuggets.. When you have young talent u dont want to trade them because if they become stars else where u look bad.. Also look at the Nuggets when you have so many players who are solid you have to pay them. Nuggets won't be good this year because of that.. It's hard to build with young players. The Thunder will have a problem in a year or two when Harden wants to get paid and Ibaka wants to get paid..
 12-08-2011, 03:14 PM         #136
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 birdman22 said:
They will have to trade for a star that has a bad contract. When you have the Rockets it's hard to build because of the market. i think Joe Johnson would be a good fit there. Not my first option but a line up of Gasol, Nene, Johnson would be a solid start if u can't get anything else.

For you people who say Johnson is overrated. He is overpaid not overrated. He can get you 20 a night. But i would look around n see what else is out there first. But I would take Johnson over Monta because he can defend
gasol, nene, johonson is not a good team at all breh.

that does not make us significantly better. might as well roll with what we have now instead of build a team with other peoples trash
 6 years ago '07        #137
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
Morey should be like "Give us Okafor too, or there will be no deal".
 6 years ago '05        #138
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
 birdman22 said:
The Rockets are on the verge of being the Blazers or Nuggets.. When you have young talent u dont want to trade them because if they become stars else where u look bad.. Also look at the Nuggets when you have so many players who are solid you have to pay them. Nuggets won't be good this year because of that.. It's hard to build with young players. The Thunder will have a problem in a year or two when Harden wants to get paid and Ibaka wants to get paid..
i woudlnt mind trading someof our young guys but i just dont wanna get trade r*ped and give them all away....
 6 years ago '04        #139
birdman22 
space
space
space
Yeah, trading for Pau and getting Nene and some role players is really going to do wonders when they make the playoffs and make a first round, or maybe at best a second round exit.[/QUOTE]

wit the team the Rockets have now they will be f!ghting for a 8th seed they wont be one of the worst teams in the league? So would I rather have Nene/Gasol and def make the playoffs with the hopes of getting someone else in Houston. Or be f!ghting for a spot and still not getting a first pick? You don't realize the Rockets dont suck right now n that puts them in a bad spot because they r sitting in the middle. yes i would rather be a playoff team then a lottery team. Also y'all dont realize its the NBA they arent thinking about just one move n moving on lol they will be making more then just this move
 6 years ago '04        #140
birdman22 
space
space
space
 King Jove said:
gasol, nene, johonson is not a good team at all breh.

that does not make us significantly better. might as well roll with what we have now instead of build a team with other peoples trash

If you don't think Nene, Gasol, and Johnson would be a good fit together you don't know basketball. johnson is solid on defense, can shoot and create. Him, Gasol, and Nene in the half court would be a good team.. Look at the Hawks they have way less talent and compete..

Also i didnt say go after johnson first, but if I had to get as a last resort I would because u can get him for crumbs and prob a hawks 1st round pick
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
132 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
51 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
215 comments
1 day ago