Minnesota Vikings @ Detroit Lions - Week 14 (1pm est. FOX)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
98 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,990 | Props total: 11777 11777
COTTT DAMNNNNNNNN MY n*gga GUN FIRIN SHOTS AT THE MEDIA AND THE MULLETEER

Lions DC Gunther Cunningham in his own words

One of the highlights every week for anyone who covers the Lions is getting a chance to talk to defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham on Fridays.
Cunningham is widely respected around the league with nearly 30 years of NFL coaching experience under his belt.
His players all rave about him and the media loves him because he isn’t afraid to speak his mind.
Here are a couple snippets of our conversation with Cunningham this week:

On Vikings tackle Jared Allen and his negative comments about Detroit:
“He is not good enough to live here. I know him well. He should go back to California – Los Gatos – where all those nice people live. It is too tough of a town for him.
“I love Jared Allen and he makes all those comments and I hope he didn’t learn them all from me, but he is an outstanding player. I love the guy. He plays great and he has great quotes for you all and they are good for the fans to read. If I were him though, in the streets I have driven down, I’ve made some wrong turns in town and for me, I got stopped one day and I looked out the window and they all yelled, ‘Hey coach, how are you?’ I went out and signed autographs. Jared, if you come to town, you are not going to get to sign autographs.”

On the problem the team’s had with penalties over the last couple weeks:
“We don’t try to get penalties because we want to get penalties, we get penalties because we are playing our hearts out. There isn’t anybody that can accuse us of not playing hard.
“On defense, and I can speak for that pretty freely, all I tell my guys is play in between the lines. Hit them when you see their eyes. Don’t hit guys in the back. We are going to hit them right in the head, in the face and all over the body as long as they are looking at us. That is how we teach. Our guys need to understand that you can’t do that after the whistle, can’t do it before the whistle, but the rest of the time we are going to play and we are going to play as hard as possible.”

On the criticism the Lions have faced about being an undisciplined team:
“Here is the issue for me: there are some ex-coaches on television, in the media, making statements. Why don’t they come talk to me about it? Tell them to face me and come and talk to me about it.
“Don’t tell me how to coach. They were in high school and maybe not even born when I started in this business. I think I know a little bit about it and I will challenge any coach to ever face me up, 1-on-1, put the tape on and tell me how to coach football. That is what I object to.
“The media, the rest of you, you do your job. But those guys, to tell Jim Schwartz how to coach, tell me how to coach, good luck. They are not coaching. They are on TV. I wonder why they are on TV? There is a reason for that and I am still standing in front of you and we are still coaching. We want our guys to play hard. That is how we play. People overreact to all that stuff so I am tired of hearing about it. I really am.”

On defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh:
“I don’t just say he is a great man, I mean it. Behind those words, there is a lot of meaning. I think he is one of the most outstanding young men I have ever met in my life and I don’t care what the rest of the world says. Basically they can say what they want. But I can too. I will stand up for him at any time, any place and I am right. I know I am right.
“I have been doing this for a long time. I am a father of a couple of kids that are close to 30 and I think they are doing okay and I challenge anybody, anybody, to meet this guy and talk to him. This guy plays football. Yeah, there is something that triggers him and he is coached by a guy that gets triggered real easy about a lot of things and to me, what happened in the game, is in the past.
“When he comes back here, if I see one of our players blink, they are going to have to deal with me. And I have told them that already and they are all supportive and I will support him as much as humanly possible. That is how we are going to start off and we are going to play.”

[pic - click to view]

GET EM GUN. my n*gga's like,
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #82
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 717 717
 dtown1759 said:
yo mcdonald got cut, houston and delmas are going to be out as welll, our secondary is going to be hurting badddddddddddddd

thank god for joe webb
Be careful what you wish for.
 6 years ago '04        #83
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 dtown1759 said:
COTTT DAMNNNNNNNN MY n*gga GUN FIRIN SHOTS AT THE MEDIA AND THE MULLETEER

One of the highlights every week for anyone who covers the Lions is getting a chance to talk to defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham on Fridays.
Cunningham is widely respected around the league with nearly 30 years of NFL coaching experience under his belt.
His players all rave about him and the media loves him because he isn’t afraid to speak his mind.
Here are a couple snippets of our conversation with Cunningham this week:

“He is not good enough to live here. I know him well. He should go back to California – Los Gatos – where all those nice people live. It is too tough of a town for him.
“I love Jared Allen and he makes all those comments and I hope he didn’t learn them all from me, but he is an outstanding player. I love the guy. He plays great and he has great quotes for you all and they are good for the fans to read. If I were him though, in the streets I have driven down, I’ve made some wrong turns in town and for me, I got stopped one day and I looked out the window and they all yelled, ‘Hey coach, how are you?’ I went out and signed autographs. Jared, if you come to town, you are not going to get to sign autographs.”

On the problem the team’s had with penalties over the last couple weeks:
“We don’t try to get penalties because we want to get penalties, we get penalties because we are playing our hearts out. There isn’t anybody that can accuse us of not playing hard.
“On defense, and I can speak for that pretty freely, all I tell my guys is play in between the lines. Hit them when you see their eyes. Don’t hit guys in the back. We are going to hit them right in the head, in the face and all over the body as long as they are looking at us. That is how we teach. Our guys need to understand that you can’t do that after the whistle, can’t do it before the whistle, but the rest of the time we are going to play and we are going to play as hard as possible.”

On the criticism the Lions have faced about being an undisciplined team:
“Here is the issue for me: there are some ex-coaches on television, in the media, making statements. Why don’t they come talk to me about it? Tell them to face me and come and talk to me about it.
“Don’t tell me how to coach. They were in high school and maybe not even born when I started in this business. I think I know a little bit about it and I will challenge any coach to ever face me up, 1-on-1, put the tape on and tell me how to coach football. That is what I object to.
“The media, the rest of you, you do your job. But those guys, to tell Jim Schwartz how to coach, tell me how to coach, good luck. They are not coaching. They are on TV. I wonder why they are on TV? There is a reason for that and I am still standing in front of you and we are still coaching. We want our guys to play hard. That is how we play. People overreact to all that stuff so I am tired of hearing about it. I really am.”

On defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh:
“I don’t just say he is a great man, I mean it. Behind those words, there is a lot of meaning. I think he is one of the most outstanding young men I have ever met in my life and I don’t care what the rest of the world says. Basically they can say what they want. But I can too. I will stand up for him at any time, any place and I am right. I know I am right.
“I have been doing this for a long time. I am a father of a couple of kids that are close to 30 and I think they are doing okay and I challenge anybody, anybody, to meet this guy and talk to him. This guy plays football. Yeah, there is something that triggers him and he is coached by a guy that gets triggered real easy about a lot of things and to me, what happened in the game, is in the past.
“When he comes back here, if I see one of our players blink, they are going to have to deal with me. And I have told them that already and they are all supportive and I will support him as much as humanly possible. That is how we are going to start off and we are going to play.”

[pic - click to view]

GET EM GUN. my n*gga's like,
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #84
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
Walking wounded lead Vikings into Detroit

Missing from the Minnesota Vikings' practice on Monday was the team's starting quarterback, leading rusher, one of the top offensive lineman and a starting defensive end. The top cover cornerback, starting tackler and top receiving tight end were limited.

All of those injuries were before the leading receiver tore a ligament in his finger during the practice. Minnesota's injury situation isn't helping the Vikings recover from their 2-10 record.

All of the players had returned to practice by Friday and most are listed as probable for Sunday's game at the 7-5 Detroit Lions. Friday's biggest concerns were just the three biggest playmakers on offense — quarterback Christian Ponder, running back Adrian Peterson, and receiver Percy Harvin.

The most important things to watch against Detroit might just be who is lining up:

1. Who will start at quarterback?
Ponder suffered a hip pointer during last week's game after taking a helmet to the hip. He was limping noticeably and missed practice Wednesday and Thursday. He returned on a limited basis Friday and is listed as questionable for Sunday. The rookie first-rounder needs all the game snaps he can receive in this lost season for Minnesota. So, if he is able to play, look for Ponder to line up behind center for his seventh straight start coming off his biggest game as a pro in the loss to Denver.

If Ponder isn't available, Joe Webb would start with Sage Rosenfels serving as the backup. Webb is athletic and raw but did start three games late last season, even leading Minnesota to a win at Philadelphia. Webb's ability has drawn curiosity from coaches and fans and it would be interesting to see how he's progressed as a quarterback since last season. Rosenfels was signed a week ago as the third quarterback after the team cut Donovan McNabb.

2. Who will be taking handoffs from whoever starts at quarterback?
Peterson has missed two games since sustaining a high ankle sprain in the first quarter in Week 11 and is listed as questionable for Sunday. The four-time Pro Bowler still leads the team with 12 total touchdowns and 872 rushing yards. Peterson returned to practice this week for the first time since getting hurt, though he was limited in his two practice and did less work Friday after testing the ankle on Thursday. Peterson wants to play and is close to the franchise's all-time rushing mark, but it might not be wise to risk the team's biggest investment until he is completely healed.

Toby Gerhart has started the past two games and set a career-high with 91 rushing yards last week against Denver. Gerhart had averaged 2.6 yards per carry while replacing Peterson in the previous two games, but averaged 4.3 against the Broncos. Detroit's defense is 22nd in the league against the run and is missing defensive tackle Ndamakong Suh (suspension) and could be without defensive tackle Nick Fairley, linebacker Justin Durant and safety Louis Delmas due to injury. Whoever starts at running back for Minnesota will have a chance to produce and eat up the clock to keep the Lions' potent offense on the sideline.

3. How effective will Harvin be for the starting quarterback?
Harvin tore a ligament in his finger while bracing himself when falling during Wednesday's practice. He was limited on Thursday and Friday, but is listed as probable and coach Leslie Frazier said the injury doesn't appear to be hampering the team's leading receiver. Harvin has had his two biggest games of the season while Peterson's been out and will be needed to help whoever starts at quarterback. Harvin tied a career-high with eight catches and set a career-high with 156 receiving yards last week.

Harvin will be available Sunday, but his effectiveness could be diminished while wearing protection on the injured finger. Devin Aromashodu, who had 15 targets and six catches last week, will start opposite Harvin and look to build on his best game in a Vikings' uniform. Tight end Visanthe Shiancoe woke up Monday with a swollen hand and the team wasn't sure what caused the swelling, but he returned to practice. Rookie tight end Kyle Rudolph is also ready for an increased role.

4. Will the injured and undermanned secondary pose any problems for Detroit?
With quarterback Matthew Stafford, receiver Calvin Johnson and the rest of the Lions' stable of receivers, Detroit ranks fifth in the league in passing offense. The Lions almost eschew the run game and choose to attack teams through the air, presenting tough matchup for Minnesota's secondary. The Vikings are 26th in the league against the pass.

Frazier, a former defensive back himself, was as frontal as he's been all season after last week's game while showing his displeasure for the secondary. Frazier said the team needed to find someone in the defensive backfield to make plays, but backed away a little bit on Monday when asked if he would make changes. Frazier admitted at this point, there aren't many changes to make. Minnesota likely will get cornerback Asher Allen back from his shoulder injury. Benny Sapp will move to the nickel role. Rookie Mistral Raymond will start at safety, but recent signee Jarrad Page could see more snaps as he gets more comfortable in the system.

5. How about an interception?
Perhaps the best example of the secondary's struggles is the lack of turnovers. Minnesota hasn't intercepted a pass in its last seven games. In week five's win against Arizona, safety Jamarca Sanford had two interceptions and Asher Allen had one, accounting for three of the Vikings' six interceptions this season. One of the six interceptions was be defensive end Jared Allen. Safety Husain Abdullah and cornerback Antoine Winfield — both on season-ending injured reserve — each have one. Cornerback Cedric Griffin has started every game this season, but hasn't had an interception.

Stafford has thrown 14 interceptions this season, tied for the fourth most in the NFL. He has thrown 10 interceptions in the past four games.

6 years ago '10        #85
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 dtown1759 said:

[pic - click to view]

He is right... you better stay in downtown Jared
 6 years ago '04        #86
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
raise your hand if you gettin AMPED for kickioff

:greetings10::greetings10::nuts::fawkdance::bigok: :foshizzle::thumbsup2:
 6 years ago '06        #87
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,364 | Props total: 5612 5612
:party4:
 6 years ago '04        #88
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
yooooooo i hope webb lays a stinkbomb and they have to bring in the HELICOPTA
 6 years ago '04        #89
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
AP and Kevin Smith both ruled out for the game. I'll take that trade off any day
 6 years ago '06        #90
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
Ponder is starting
 6 years ago '04        #91
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
Ponder will be k!lled.
 6 years ago '06        #92
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
If he wasnt k!lled last week then he'll be fine. Especially without N'thuggakong suh.
 12-11-2011, 11:17 AM         #93
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they missin so many pieces.....if we contain harvin i say +17
 6 years ago '04        #94
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
Let's fu*k these bi*ches up!!!!! I hope Jared Allen get's legally chopped blocked and is out for the rest of the season. If he ordered room service at the hotel i hope someone ejaculated in his food
 6 years ago '05        #95
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
Game time :cool-smiley-009:
 6 years ago '04        #96
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
get rid of the ball matthew
 6 years ago '06        #97
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
its time.
 6 years ago '04        #98
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 dtownboy313 said:
Let's fu*k these bi*ches up!!!!! I hope Jared Allen get's legally chopped blocked and is out for the rest of the season. If he ordered room service at the hotel i hope someone ejaculated in his food:kobehate:
:dead;
 6 years ago '04        #99
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
Ahhhhhhhhh hahahah
 6 years ago '04        #100
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
ponder swag? not when the goons is after him

allen encroachment fu*k outta here
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
55 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
116 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
272 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
48 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
70 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
28 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
11 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
77 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy