50 Greatest Chains In Hip-Hop

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
12475 pageviews
56 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
50 Greatest Chains In Hip-Hop

[pic - click to view]

Fat Joe's Terror Squad Chain
Made By: Unknown
First Seen: Unknown
Estimated Value: $50,000

Nobody can make a list of top 50 hip-hop chains and not have Fat Joe's name in it. He was the first to rock BIG diamond chains, for real. His TS chains were all crazy. They were super iced out and heavy as fu*k! But the boss's chain, Joe's TS was the illest of them all. It was the first colorful diamond chain I've ever seen. It matched the Jacob “World is Mine” watch with almost every single colored diamond possible on it. Joe even had a three different colored diamond encrusted Miami Cuban link to go with it. Ultra sick. The machine setting pave was flawless, too.

[pic - click to view]

Rick Ross' Red Maybach Music Chains
Made By: Johnny Dang
Estimated Value: $80,000

This is the definition of fully iced out and fully flooded, for real. The sides are done, the edges are done, the thing is covered completely in diamonds and rubies. This piece is FULLY FULLY FLOODED. It's almost the size of a slice of New York pizza! This sh*t is huge! And heavy as fu*k with that signature southern style diamond with a halo cased necklace. I had to put Rick Ross on here. He definitely has a lot of jewelry, but this is his trump sh*t.

[pic - click to view]

Akon's Konvict Chain

The fact that he was giving these chains out to his artists like they were letterman jackets was already on some "shut the fu*k up" type sh*t. These chains are probably worth around $45,000 to $50,000 each. Out of anyone's record label in the last 10 years, I can't say anyone else went harder on actual size and presence. The meaning obviously behind being a convict is also dope. I fu*k with the design too. I remember sitting in first class with Akon once and I said, “let me see that sh*t bro!” It was very regal.

[pic - click to view]

Lil Eazy-E's Eazy-E Chain
First Seen: 2006
Estimated Value: $20,000

This chain is no joke. His dad was the pioneer of gangsta music and I was one of his biggest fans ever. The Eazy-E chain is so perfectly made that I don't think anyone in jewelry could have made this chain any better. If you're gonna do a face in 3-D, this is the only way to go. The execution and what it represents is what made it on this list. I fu*k with it heavy.

[pic - click to view]

Lil Wayne's YM Chain
Made By: Emit

A big a.ss diamond prong set piece that represents his crew. I never thought that I would see anyone mimic the NY Yankees logo and make it look good, but he definitely did that! This chain is dope as fu*k. I got to hold it one time when Tyga brought it by my store. Even though I will never ever ever ever wear a NY Yankees hat in my lifetime, I have to say it is in the top 3 dopest logos on the planet, and if I was in Young Money, I would rock this chain on the daily. But just a smaller one because this sh*t is HUGE.

[pic - click to view]

Nu Jerzey Devil's Devil Chain
Made By: Ben Baller
Estimated Value: $35,000

A lot of people say this is our best piece of all time, not just for rappers, but the best piece we have ever made. I disagree, but I will say this piece is fu*king crazy as bat sh*t. This was probably one of our first ever truly 3-D pieces that we had to make come to life with just a basic jpeg sent to us from Nu Jerzey Devil. When we finished it, I was like DAMN! It really sh*t on so many rappers' and producers' chains that I laughed, but was proud to make it my default pic on myspace for a month or so, lol. The piece is as tall as a Sidekick2 and is heavy as fu*k, filled with rubies and black and white diamonds. The logo itself is sick, I'm just glad it's still around and he rocks it heavy, still.

[pic - click to view]

Kanye West's Murakami Jesus Piece
Made By: Takashi Murakami
First Seen: 2008
Estimated Value: $75,000

This is what you call, "not playing fair." He got the most prolific living contemporary artist on the planet to collab with him to make this design, and then made it come to life in diamonds and gold. That alone is like someone having Picasso make a charm back in the 1920s! The piece is crazy. I love art, so I'm a fan of the design and the way the diamonds were set on this was just done so tastefully!

[pic - click to view]

http://www.complex.com

Last edited by Brainwave; 12-05-2011 at 07:29 PM..

56 comments for "50 Greatest Chains In Hip-Hop"

6 years ago '09        #2
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

Juelz Santana's Dipset Chain
Estimated Value: $40,000

This is one of my personal favorites of all time. (Just because a chain is ranked higher than this, doesn't mean I like it better—it's just a top 50 overall of the best chains out there, period.) I always wanted to make or wear a Dipset chain, being a huge Dipset fan. But there were a good amount of these Dipset chains made. It's just Juelz' two-tone and two-color diamond one was the illest one made! The big a.ss heavy yellow and white Cuban? Nobody really rocked two chains on one pendant! The eagle and design was piff, the diamond setting was right, the gold was heavy, the crew and movement was one of the illest cults in hip-hop, and this was its flagship chain. There was a lot of work put into this chain. I love when the craftsmanship is on point and it shows.

[pic - click to view]

Young Jeezy's Euphanasia Chain
First Seen: 2011

&

[pic - click to view]

This the newest chain to make the list and after seeing all the jewelry that's been flossed in magazines and videos, this one is that serious to make the top 50 list! Jeezy aka The Snowman don't play when it comes to his ice game, but when he busted this out a few months ago, I knew he wasn't fu*king around by entering the yellow gold game. He never really rocked anything yellow, but everyone knows yellow gold is in and ain't going anywhere for a while. So if he was going to go yellow gold, he had to go dumb hard! This is a remake of Tupac's Euphanasia chain and the replication of it is spectacular. I applaud this chain with the utmost respect. I vaguely remember seeing Pac's Euphanasia chain in person and there aren't any decent clear pics of it, but I've seen it on a photograph and never forgot the image in my head or the originality of it. Dope that Jeezy would remake this chain and rock it on a heavy rope chain keeping it old school all the way. And I just know this is a heavy piece, not a hollow bootleg joint.

[pic - click to view]

Lil Jon's "Crunk Ain't Dead" Chain
Made By: Jason of Beverly Hills
First Seen: 2007
Estimated Value: $500,000

What else is there to say besides that it made it into the Guinness Book of World Records as the biggest diamond chain? Well how about the fact that it was made beautifully by my comrade Jason of Beverly Hills? The piece itself is obviously huge, completely flooded in diamonds and heavy as hell in gold on a rope chain. The only way someone could come close to fu*king with this chain would be if they made it a little bigger and made everything invisibly set. But bottom line, this is about hip-hop, and “Crunk” is a big part of hip hop, so this chain is properly placed in 5th position. And again, if you were to take away the size of this chain, you could never take away the craftsmanship or work of it. It's all the way official. Professional work as always by my boy Jason.

[pic - click to view]

Eric B and Rakim's "Paid in Full" Chains
First Seen: 1987
Estimated Value: $100,000 each guy

Finally at the number 3 rank is Eric B and Rakim. When I first saw the Paid In Full album cover, I said, "I need some Gucci and I needs some GOLD!" fu*k the fact that this is perhaps the best hip-hop album in history, and off this album alone, Rakim was so far past any other rapper, even today. The cover was just classic and will always be in my memory. So many crazy gold chains and big a.ss gold medallions. Nobody today calls these medallions anymore because it's not worthy of the definition, but never mind that. They rocked Mercedes Benz pendants, anchor pendants. OG sh*t! You had to have money and success in hip-hop to be rocking gold. Your skills back then equated to album sales and you just didn't get a deal unless you were dope.

Those three mentioned above had to be on the list. I don't think of gold chains when I hear the name Dougie Fresh, but...

The rest here
 12-05-2011, 07:26 PM         #3
BxFinest23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where is the Rocafella chain? Probably the most important chain in hiphop history
 6 years ago '09        #4
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389 OP
space
space

[pic - click to view]

First Seen: 1987

[pic - click to view]

Estimated Value $1,000,000

[pic - click to view]

Made By: Ben Baller
Estimated Value $50,000

[pic - click to view]

Made By: Jacob The Jeweler
Estimated Value $28.000
 12-05-2011, 07:36 PM         #5
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BxFinest23 said:
Where is the Rocafella chain? Probably the most important chain in hiphop history
 6 years ago '04        #6
dannyIZA 
space
space
$561 | Props total: 7 7
 BxFinest23 said:
think again....

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #7
Sco Dylan 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,591 | Props total: 2648 2648
 BxFinest23 said:
No, the deathrow chain.

And where is 50's spinning piece? You can call it corny now, but when he came out with that everybody was jocking...
 6 years ago '05        #8
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 695 695
"My QB peice make yall n*ggas tuck ya sh*t in" - Nas

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #9
Kool Aid 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,956 | Props total: 1990 1990
I used to want that spinning G-Unit chain in my younger days
 6 years ago '11        #10
TorontoYG 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,688 | Props total: 1004 1004
what about the spinning g unit one l@L
 6 years ago '10        #11
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
everybody had fake g unit spinnin chains

n*ggas was lookin stupid

but the real chain was crack
 6 years ago '10        #12
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,438 | Props total: 6276 6276
pharrels/kanye alwayz get dope pieces
 6 years ago '05        #13
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
jeezy's euphanasia chain >>>>>
 6 years ago '10        #14
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
 tupacnasfan said:
Fat Joe defintely has the best chains and also the best clothes.

this n*gga back at it
 12-06-2011, 01:07 AM         #15
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #16
kingpin222 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,691 | Props total: 2235 2235
yo i remember seeing tony yayo in the mall with the g-unit spinner, it was the craziest sh*t i've ever seen. Definitely needs to have Rocafella #1, deathrow #2, G-Unit #3 , Cash Money#4 and the rest IDGAF about.
 6 years ago '07        #17
Spoken210 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,670 | Props total: 0 0
that dipset chain is nice
 6 years ago '08        #18
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,244 | Props total: 4542 4542
jeezys piece is dope
 6 years ago '04        #19
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,213 | Props total: 1038 1038
honorable mentions:
fab's spinning piece
cam's working speed light piece
the BIG clipse shield piece
rza's 5 percenters star piece
nas' brolic cross
tony starks' medusa plate

n if u gon put da roc/deathrow/gunit pieces on pedestal bc of what they repped in they prime, how you gon forget the lazarus piece made by jacob the jeweler?

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #20
Hollagraphik 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,000 | Props total: 212 212
This list is bullsh*t without....

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago