Best Destinations For Peyton Manning

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
120 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
7479 pageviews
107 comments

kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,661 | Props total: 4411 4411
Best Destinations For Peyton Manning

[pic - click to view]

Could Peyton Manning be wearing a different uniform next season?

The Colts may not be winning much these days in part because of their quarterback play, but the team has a recovering Peyton Manning on the mend, and the inside track to draft one of the best quarterback prospects since John Elway. The record couldn't be worse, but the prospects at quarterback aren't bad.

Of course, now we can see the growing uncertainty surrounding Manning. News that his health is better and his career ready to resume means the Colts must make big decisions. And everybody knows it. Do they want to shell out a huge bonus that ostensibly keeps Manning around for a while? Do they keep him, but draft Andrew Luck and deal with the drama of a perpetual quarterback debate? Do they deal the rights to Luck and recoup a ton of draft picks even though they know, as much as any organization does, the value of sustained great quarterback play?

Or do they deal with the reality that Manning might be better off elsewhere?

It sounds crazy to think of Peyton wearing a helmet that lacks the blue horseshoe, but hey, Joe Montana went to a Pro Bowl with the Chiefs, too.

With that in mind, here are what I consider to be five of the best options for Manning to resume his career elsewhere if the Colts decided to part ways. Given what they might have to pay two quarterbacks, a part of me thinks it's not at all a weird notion that Manning is elsewhere. Where? Well, how about

1. Washington Redskins

Right now the Skins have no long-term answer on the current roster at quarterback, with Rex Grossman and John Beck doing just enough to keep the team competitive, but not nearly enough to have either be considered a true solution.

But the Redskins do have some things going for them: a defense that has played well and figures to be even better in 2012, an offensive line with some good young pieces and a running game that could succeed if there was more fear of the quarterback. They also have a good tight end in Fred Davis, a terribly underrated route-runner in Santana Moss and an aggressive owner. Is there a reason the Redskins can't win the NFC East next year with Manning under center? I don't see one.

2. Seattle Seahawks

The Seahawks may very well stick with Tarvaris Jackson again next year. I'm certainly not the only one who will point out that Jackson has those moments when you can see the talent. But he makes too many mistakes and simply doesn't look like a guy who has a yet-undiscovered next level that will allow him to be great.

Pete Carroll has a really young roster with some nice pieces, greatly improved talent in the passing game over the last two years, and the chance to compete with the San Francisco 49ers as the best team in the NFC West -- if they get elite play out of the quarterback position.

3. Miami Dolphins

While Matt Moore has shown some things in the past month, there are still fair questions about his ceiling. The Dolphins were far better than their record when they started 0-7, and they've been proving it ever since. It's pretty simple: Manning in place with an emerging running game, some talent on the offensive line and a trio of good targets in the passing game make this team extremely competitive in the AFC East.

4. Kansas City Chiefs

In my analysis last week I pointed out that Matt Cassel is by no means a bad NFL quarterback, but he's been very up and down, and it goes without saying that if the Chiefs had elite QB play, they'd be in play to win a pretty even division. In fact, with Manning, don't the Chiefs become the favorites out West next season?

5. Cleveland Browns

I'm on the record as being a big fan of Colt McCoy, and believe he deserves more time, but the Browns lack weapons on offense, and you won't find a quarterback outside of Tom Brady that can do more with less than Manning. (That's not a shot at Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees, but they're working with a lot more than Brady is right now.) The Browns have a lot of young talent on defense and could contend immediately in the AFC with Manning at the helm.

New York Jets: If the Jets don't make the playoffs this year, it'll be taken as a clear sign of regression. I would never put it past this team to at least wade into the discussion. As long as Rex Ryan is on the sidelines, if they get elite play at the quarterback position, watch out.

Jacksonville Jaguars: They have a young quarterback in Blaine Gabbert, but they'll have a new coach and a new owner. Who knows where they'll stand on Gabbert?

Tennessee Titans: They have a very clear progression plan in place, but they've been tormented by Manning enough over the years that it's hard to believe the idea wouldn't cross their minds.

[pic - click to view]

Best destinations for Peyton Manning if he leaves Indianapolis - NFL - ESPN

107 comments for "Best Destinations For Peyton Manning"

6 years ago '09        #2
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,630 | Props total: 2741 2741
Peyton Manning as a Jet :wow:
 6 years ago '08        #3
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
Ravens please god!!!
 6 years ago '08        #4
Deion 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,165 | Props total: 4 4
 Oh Finesse said:
why do all these columnists keep trying to push Peyton out of Indy?
I don't get it either. I don't get why so many Colts fans are going with it either. I know it's not all of them, but there are alot that want Luck. I hate the Patriots and their fans, but they held Brady down alot better during and after his botched surgery than MOST Colts fans are doing Peyton.
 6 years ago '10        #5
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
Manning to the Jets

Manning to the Dolphins

Manning on the Titans with CJ2k

Manning on the Redskins
 6 years ago '10        #6
smoothSeph 63 heat pts63
space
space
$7,206 | Props total: 2475 2475
if he came to baltimore its a wrap
 6 years ago '05        #7
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I was talking to my cousin about this the other day. The two teams we came up with that would be the absolute best would be the Jets and '9ners.

The Jets would be amazing with Manning, obviously, and maybe missing the playoffs would be the push the Jets needed to abandon operation Sanchize.

The other team is the 9ers. They'll be #2 seed, but there's a realistic chance they lose their first playoff game (probably against the Saints). If they do that, they may consider going with Peyton.
 6 years ago '07        #8
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,197 | Props total: 19813 19813
damn imagine him with Chris Johnson that would be crazy
 6 years ago '05        #9
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,418 | Props total: 4751 4751
i only see Peyton going to a team that is a contender and a QB away from the top...too old for a rebuilding project...
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
The Jets or the Ravens need to make it happen.
i like these choices better...if the Jets or Ravens bring in Peyton, that's pretty much a nail in the coffin for Flacco or Sanchez with their respective teams...

Last edited by MysticKJ; 12-03-2011 at 08:47 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #10
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,946 | Props total: 10598 10598
Jets, 49ers, Texans (don't they get rid of shaub, ravens (doubt they get rid of flacco)

Manning on jets or 49ers would be crazy. Would finally have a defense and run game with the 49ers (also familiar with harbaugh) and with the jets would have crazy defense and receivers....not sold on run game yet
 6 years ago '07        #11
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Redskins
 6 years ago '09        #12
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
 Sandy said:
Peyton will NEVER play for another team.

we gonna draft Luck da gowd and he gonna start and manning gonna coach.

If Manning continues his recovery he can be a value backup with a restructured contract, if hes at 100% than he can start next year with Da god on the bench.

Our entire draft post luck needs to be BPA on defense. We need to fire that n*gga and get a defensive head coach.
Peyton ain't sitting behind nobody, he will keep on playing until he thinks he can't play anymore. It's going to be hard for the Colts to pass on Luck, because Manning does not have a lot of time left. But at the same time, Luck ain't going to want to sit for 2 years to wait to play. I mean it worked out for Rodgers and Culpepper for awhile, but your #1 pick should be starting. Either the Colts are going to do 2 things, either draft Luck or trade down, get some more picks, and draft a QB later.
 6 years ago '07        #13
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 Sandy said:
Peyton will NEVER play for another team.

we gonna draft Luck da gowd and he gonna start and manning gonna coach.

If Manning continues his recovery he can be a value backup with a restructured contract, if hes at 100% than he can start next year with Da god on the bench.

Our entire draft post luck needs to be BPA on defense. We need to fire that n*gga and get a defensive head coach.
i always thought this was a troll account but i never had solid proof..now i KNOW this is a troll account
 6 years ago '09        #14
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
 Oh Finesse said:
see I don't necessarily agree with that, with the situation the Colts are in. I can see it in Carolina with Cam, but I don't think it's such a smart idea in Indy. That's like when Brady got injured back in 08, why would anybody be so quick to say it's time for him to go?

Peyton IS Indy which was clearly recognized this season, he still has time left. I know it's a neck injury, but the media are extremely quick to push what he's done to the side. GUARANTEED if Peyton comes back feeling 100% next season Colts go right back to being winners.. I can see Luck on the bench for AT LEAST a season.. but still getting a decent amount of snaps, but starting right away in front of Peyton? Little too extreme in my eyes.

Now if he re-injures his neck next season, then that's when the talks should start.. but right now it's way too soon.
I'm thinking the Colts won't draft Luck, because Manning at least has 2-3 more good years left in him. Now it would not be a bad idea to draft a QB later to develop, because I highly doubt Painter will be the guy when Manning decides to hang it up. If they do keep the #1 pick, they need to get them the best defensive player in the draft, or some stud lineman, if there are any out there. Or they could trade down for some more picks. A team like Miami could trade up to get Luck.
 6 years ago '05        #15
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,781 | Props total: 4880 4880
Manning will get to choose. The Colts owe him that much. They'll either cut him or consult him on the trade partner. And he'll choose the situation in which the only thing missing is a QB. Out of that list the Jets fit the bill. The Dolphins are close but the lack of a head coach drops them on the list.
 6 years ago '04        #16
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,976 | Props total: 4303 4303
Peyton to the Niners?
 12-03-2011, 09:22 PM         #17
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2 first rounders for a guy with a few years left AT BEST due to injuries? Dream on.

Him on the Dolphins would be scary with him utilizing Marshall, Fasano to his full talent like he did with Clark, Reggie Bush in the check down/screen game for him

Him on the Niners with maybe 1 LEGIT WR threat, Vernon Davis, Gore/Hunter tho would be nasty with that defense

Jets defense is going to go to waste with another year of Sanchez next year and after next year rex will be gone and then they'll be starting over again and that defense won't be what it is now, hell it ain't what it was 1-2 years ago.
 6 years ago '11        #18
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
Last time we saw Peyton, he got 10 wins out of this group of bums. Anywhere he goes, he will win and win big.
 6 years ago '08        #19
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
Come to philly!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '11        #20
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
 Cheeze said:
2 first rounders for a guy with a few years left AT BEST due to injuries? Dream on.

Him on the Dolphins would be scary with him utilizing Marshall, Fasano to his full talent like he did with Clark, Reggie Bush in the check down/screen game for him

Him on the Niners with maybe 1 LEGIT WR threat, Vernon Davis, Gore/Hunter tho would be nasty with that defense

Jets defense is going to go to waste with another year of Sanchez next year and after next year rex will be gone and then they'll be starting over again and that defense won't be what it is now, hell it ain't what it was 1-2 years ago.
Rex ain't getting fired after making 2 afc championship games in (what would be) 4 seasons.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
113 comments
22 hours ago