Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs Iphone 4S head to head review

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
73 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
28 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #41
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 e G o Maniac said:
The reviews I've looked at (many) only showed hesitation in orientation switching. Other than that I don't see any lag and most of the top reviewers have said it's as fast as any Android phone will get, only the GS2 comes close Honestly if you can't handle a hiccup here and there (which I've seen iOS and WP7 do many times) then you are just asking for too much.
Did you read the review?

And heres the difference, it's not just a "hiccup here or there" it's a constant thing with Android. The transitions just aren't smooth, the pinch to zoom just doesn't work as well, the screen orientation switch just doesn't flip without hesitation often.

Look, I haven't used the Galaxy Nexus and I don't think anyone here has so I'm just going off the reviews. I'll play with it in person before I label all these as facts.
 6 years ago '11        #42
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
I have used the S2 and Skyrocket...and while it is much smoother than previous Android smooths, little things like the pinch to zoom and transitions just have a little twitch. The Skyrocket was worst tho...smh.
 6 years ago '04        #43
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 PTC said:
Did you read the review?

And heres the difference, it's not just a "hiccup here or there" it's a constant thing with Android. The transitions just aren't smooth, the pinch to zoom just doesn't work as well, the screen orientation switch just doesn't flip without hesitation often.

Look, I haven't used the Galaxy Nexus and I don't think anyone here has so I'm just going off the reviews. I'll play with it in person before I label all these as facts.
It is not a constant thing with Android unless you're talking about the bullsh*t free phones that tailor toward the cheap crowd. Android itself is very stable and fast. If you've ever used it on a phone worth a damn you would see what I'm talking about. Transitions on my GS2 are smooth. So is pinch to zoom. So is orientation switching. Apps open as soon as I press the icon. Swiping through homescreens is smooth. I just don't see what everyone else claims they're seeing.

When you start getting to the UI overlays that OEMs put on Android, that's where you might start to see lag or hesitation. MOTOBLUR is the worst for that. Same with HTC Sense. My HTC EVO 3D is fast but it's not nearly as fast as it could be. I installed a ROM based on AOSP and the sh*t performs 10x better. There is nothing wrong with Android at its core. And yes, I read that review. That's one review. Every other review I've read and watched said that Ice Cream Sandwich is very smooth and in the actual videos I didn't see any hiccups except for the orientation switching.

One review from a site whose focus isn't on technology should not be the final word on a device. I see what I see and what I see is that Ice Cream Sandwich is every bit as fast as any other OS. iOS and WP7 aren't perfect. Can't tell you how many times my iPad 2 froze or how many times my iPod Touch would struggle in the browser or wouldn't let me get back to my homescreen.
 6 years ago '04        #44
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
 PTC said:
I have used the S2 and Skyrocket...and while it is much smoother than previous Android smooths, little things like the pinch to zoom and transitions just have a little twitch. The Skyrocket was worst tho...smh.
My Epic 4G Touch didn't have these problems
 6 years ago '06        #45
Manny05 1 heat pts
space
space
$17,401 | Props total: 1 1
not gonna lie. I got ICS running on my captivate and its soo smooth. but the screen rotation is a eh.. its not smooth, and its a little slow..granted its running on my captivate (samsung galaxy s1) but its running pretty stable. got it from XDA developers if anyone wants to try it. its pretty stable.
i dont even have the volume bug

but either way google fixed that bug...
i want to get the nexus so bad, but then i know the galaxy s3 is just around the corner..but then again it would take months before it gets to the US so fu*k it i guess ill settle for the nexus..
 6 years ago '04        #46
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,345 | Props total: 2771 2771
 PTC said:
Did you read the review?

This is the only reviews that show hic cups every other review said it was smooth as hell.
 12-03-2011, 08:29 PM         #47
Walt Thizzney 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
google intergration>>>

google everything>>>

fu*k apple
 6 years ago '04        #48
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 Andhily said:
What does that have to do with popularity? iOS is developed for 3 things iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.

When you are only developing for three devices and they are all running similar hardware it's much easier to have a smoother system. That's a fact.
It has everything to do with it.

The majority of people bought this phone because it was a smartphone - it did various things all in one device.

Your statement is null, because although the Android is used in mobile devices, if you did your research, you'll find out that it was built to do more than that. There are already developments of the technology being used in computers that cost less, and Google Chrome OS has a lot of the technology that the Android does. So you're wrong.

Basically, I'm saying that iOS is not built for one or two things. It's built to be an OPERATING SYSTEM, which is capable to handling multiple events. Apple doesn't enter markets so they can create devices and software that does ONE thing. That's not what computing is about.

And since most Apple consumers are pretty devoted to the company, the product wouldn't be popular if it was limited as you say. That's why Apple never got into the netbook market.
 6 years ago '04        #49
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Andhily said:
All I'm saying is it's easier to develop better software if you get the control everything about the hardware.. shouldn't be that hard of a concept to grasp.
This is also false.

HP controls their hardware, especially the networking devices, but, if you've worked in IT, you'd know how sh*tty their configuration software is.

IBM has built hardware for years, but their UNIX-based software is faulty.

Sony controls their hardware too...how long did it take them to get an OS that was decent? I'm sure you know about the MP3 issues with the PS OS, along with other firmware issues.

Microsoft had the most control over the hardware when they released Windows Vista, yet it's their worst OS to date.

Should I go on?
 6 years ago '10        #50
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,324 | Props total: 424 424
 ddash said:
I have always been like fu*k the Iphone.I thought it was a trendy piece of sh*t.

I loved my evo 4g but yesterday that motherfu*ker died and I badly needed a phone because I had a ton of calls to make.

So I went to best buy to basically get another evo 4g but I thought in my head how after updates my evo 4g seemed so slow and sh*tty.Sad to say I was like lets try something new and the iPhone 4s was only $199.

So I got the iPhone 4s and I hated it the first day but now I love it.I cant put my finger on what it is but its a really dope phone.I dont know if I am going back to android.

I do wish the iPhone had a bigger screen and menu button for browsing tho.
Downgrading seems to be a trend these days
 6 years ago '11        #51
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 rdrake said:
Downgrading seems to be a trend these days
would you say that to your favorite hip hop artist's face if you saw them using an iPhone?

12-03-2011, 10:21 PM         #52
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jeehtoven said:
This is also false.

HP controls their hardware, especially the networking devices, but, if you've worked in IT, you'd know how sh*tty their configuration software is.

IBM has built hardware for years, but their UNIX-based software is faulty.

Sony controls their hardware too...how long did it take them to get an OS that was decent? I'm sure you know about the MP3 issues with the PS OS, along with other firmware issues.

Microsoft had the most control over the hardware when they released Windows Vista, yet it's their worst OS to date.

Should I go on?

It's easier to develop for 3 devices than 300. Period.
 6 years ago '11        #53
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,881 | Props total: 5232 5232
Glad I gota razr
 6 years ago '07        #54
neeko21 
space
space
$2,126 | Props total: 863 863
majority of consumers for iphones are for gay ppl and chick's.... so Yall keep feeding the hype
 12-04-2011, 07:03 AM         #55
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First review to say the Galaxy Nexus has any lag at all...I am going to have to try it out for myself and see what is really going on. If it is true, maybe Google should have put in newer technology instead of using an outdated SoC. Dang Verizon does not have the GSII either . Oh well, a few more days and I can try it out for myself.
 6 years ago '11        #56
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Andhily said:

It's easier to develop for 3 devices than 300. Period.
Nice way to brush it off, but this whole forum just read that post and saw yo a.ss got owned and you have no fu*kin idea what you're talking about.

neeko21 said:
majority of consumers for iphones are for gay ppl and chick's.... so Yall keep feeding the hype
Majority of consumers for iPhones have more money than people who buy anything else.

Keep pickin at ya nails tho fu*kin emo
 6 years ago '04        #57
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,345 | Props total: 2771 2771
 PTC said:
Nice way to brush it off, but this whole forum just read that post and saw yo a.ss got owned and you have no fu*kin idea what you're talking about.

Majority of consumers for iPhones have more money than people who buy anything else.

Keep pickin at ya nails tho fu*kin emo
Phones owner are usually Hipster and unknowledgable people.

Also that dude post is full of bullsh*t. Really if windows controlled the hardware for vista, the stupid manufacturer would not put it on 64 bits system with one gig of ram.it was a bad os because it needed high end spec to run.

Sony, IBM, and hp are hardware company. Their developing team is nowhere as respected as Google, Microsoft and apple. That's like me saying apple can't make better hardware than IBM(cell processor, power PC), Sony(Sony supply apple with screens, camera sensors) or Samsung( screen, mobile soc)

Remember apple did license out Mac os and failed hard. It was buggy as hell nowhere close as optomize as windows.Anybody who never coded before should not touch any subject about optomizing software for different machines. Steve Job himself even will tell you why controlling both hardware and software is the reason why Mac os is more efficient he been making that argument for years.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 12-04-2011 at 10:38 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #58
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:

Also that dude post is full of bullsh*t. Really if windows controlled the hardware for vista, the stupid manufacturer would not put it on 64 bits system with one gig of ram.it was a bad os because it needed high end spec to run.

Sony, IBM, and hp are hardware company. Their developing team is nowhere as respected as Google, Microsoft and apple. That's like me saying apple can't make better hardware than IBM(cell processor, power PC), Sony(Sony supply apple with screens, camera sensors) or Samsung( screen, mobile soc)

Remember apple did license out Mac os and failed hard. It was buggy as hell nowhere close as optomize as windows.Anybody who never coded before should not touch any subject about optomizing software for different machines. Steve Job himself even will tell you why controlling both hardware and software is the reason why Mac os is more efficient he been making that argument for years.
You need to go back and reread the posts, you clearly didn't understand what was being discussed because your post doesn't integrate well with that discussion.
 6 years ago '04        #59
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
 neeko21 said:

[pic - click to view]

Didn't know he was gay. You must have some exclusive insider info.

6 years ago '04        #60
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:

You should really do your research before you post.

The reason why Vista was released because there was a lot of pressure from the OEMs such as Dell and Western Digital to release one. Microsoft didn't want to, but they did with the caveat that they would work more with these companies in regards to the hardware. It was a bad OS, but just because what you think should have resulted from it doesn't mean that it does, and your reasoning behind it is clearly subjective.

The reputation that Sony has is much bigger than you think, and it's as much as a hardware company as IBM. The difference is that it's only a division, and a small part of the company as a whole. The development team is more competent than you give credit for, and perhaps you should learn about a PlayStation compiler before concluding that Google developers are "better." Making vector graphics like you see is nothing compared to database bullsh*t with 16-bit algorithms (I say 16-bit because although we are up to 64, we don't use the entire address set with web applications like we could and may with video games).

I'm an advocate for controlling hardware and software, but it's not as successful, or as optimal as you may think. Keep in mind even though Apple's been doing it for a while, it was buggy and had its problems, too. Aren't Intel chips part of Apple computers now? I know about a.ssembly code and how defunct high-level code affects its performance, and having control over both is not always the greatest idea.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy