Drake Fired his Management Team

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Charles Barkley "Lavar Ball isn't a good father."
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #21
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
damn......i bet alot of people got fired....hiphop since 1978 was building a pretty good team and now they lost one of their highest selling clentelle
 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM         #22
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MiseryCityTexas said:
so basically his management team were a bunch of freeloaders and weed carriers disguised in business suits.
sounds like the occupy movement
 6 years ago '07        #23
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 MiseryCityTexas said:
so basically his management team were a bunch of freeloaders and weed carriers disguised in business suits.
pretty much that weren't worth spit
 12-01-2011, 11:08 AM         #24
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smart man .... he built his self, so why even have a management team? he got his own connections now anyway

cortex is a moron himself alone...i remember when his goofy a.ss lost that 50k check and was laughing like it OK....he just dude that know wayne

Last edited by DrX; 12-01-2011 at 11:10 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #25
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
good for drake if n*ggas is taking yo do good for him. better now then have him on behind the music talking looking like dmx and them. And yea Kanye and drake are beefing for real for mult reason. I think drake thinks he better then Ye all these new rappers need to thank Ye if it wasnt for Ye none of these n*ggas would be eating. wayne copied him drake did to. everything that is poping now Ye was 1st to do all that sh*t respect Ye
 6 years ago '05        #26
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i wonder how ymcmb gonna feel about this wayne is on that team and other ymcmb mangers. could be a sign of drake leaving
 6 years ago '04        #27
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 DrX said:
smart man .... he built his self, so why even have a management team? he got his own connections now anyway

cortex is a moron himself alone...i remember when his goofy a.ss lost that 50k check and was laughing like it OK....he just dude that know wayne
Because managers have relationships with companies, executives, agencies, etc.

Most artists, including Drake, don't.
 6 years ago '06        #28
SM 38164 heat pts38164
space
space
$127,806 | Props total: 67144 67144

Drake has parted ways with Gee Roberson, Al Branch, Kyambo Joshua and Bryant Cortez of Hip Hop Since 1978 and is now represented by William Morris Endeavor. The rapper has also fired his booking agents International Creative Management.

NY Post reports:

“Drake just felt like there were too many hands in his pockets,” a source said. “He was getting pulled in too many different directions.” Our source added there was conflict between the rapper’s original management team in Canada and the ones he picked up along the way. “His team from Canada is trying to wrestle back control,” a source said. “He may go back to them to streamline things.”
Hip Hop Since 1978 manages Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, T.I, Kanye West and more. There are rumors floating around that Drake and Kanye have some issues and this will only add fuel to those rumors.

6 years ago '04        #29
badboy600 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
I doubt if they we're robbing him. I read an artical about HHS1978 a year ago and they seemed like pretty good dudes that knew what they we're doing.
 12-01-2011, 12:37 PM         #30
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
So they use Hip Hop to build hype surrounding his album then he cuts em before Christmas?

What kind of f*ggot sh*t is that? And for William Morris too?

Drake is a disloyal a.ss n*gga. This is the first step toward him leaving YMCMB, WATCH. I know he just hooked up with Hip Hop, but I thought they did a good job with promo. Oh well.
:agreement6:
 12-01-2011, 12:42 PM         #31
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mann i been seen this coming because he was working with William Morris on some sh*t already with Lebron James...go do your research !
 6 years ago '07        #32
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
This is the calm before the storm..
 6 years ago '04        #33
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,404 | Props total: 6433 6433
 Root Of Evil said:
This is the calm before the storm..

double entendre dont even ask me
 6 years ago '06        #34
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
uh oh....
 6 years ago '05        #35
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5487 5487
Drizzy cuts ties with his former managers in an attempt to take back control of his career.

Drake has reportedly fired his longtime managers Gee Roberson, Al Branch, Kyambo Joshua and Bryant Cortez of Hip Hop Since 1978, which also manages Kanye West and Nicki Minaj.

According to the NY Post, Drizzy also parted ways with his agents at International Creative Management, including Dana Sims and Robert Gibbs. Though it was unconfirmed by his agent, Drake has signed with William Morris Endeavor agent Brent Smith, who also reps Snoop Dogg.

“Drake just felt like there were too many hands in his pockets,” a source said. “He was getting pulled in too many different directions.”

The source also claims that there was a conflict between his original management team in Canada and more recent ones. "His team from Canada is trying to wrestle back control," continued the source. "He may go back to them to streamline things."

- Good move, Drake! YMCMB is filled with crooks and scumbags. Baby and Slim have a horrible track record... everyone gets jerked. I think after his next album he will leave YMCMB. All those Exec Producer credits on TC cost him big $. Drake is getting pimped over there. Drizzy will be well taken care of at William Morris Endeavor.

Also Wayne just tweeted this not so subtle message towards Drake:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #36
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
RT @ChaseNCashe If ****** think my dawg just dropped a #1 album and fired his whole team 2 weeks later man come on.

RT @ChaseNCashe What is all these lies about Drake bruh?! lol.
 6 years ago '05        #37
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5487 5487
Courtesy of hiphopdx.com

Drake Reportedly Fires Management Hip Hop Since 1978

Drizzy cuts ties with his former managers in an attempt to take back control of his career.

Drake has reportedly fired his longtime managers Gee Roberson, Al Branch, Kyambo Joshua and Bryant Cortez of Hip Hop Since 1978, which also manages Kanye West and Nicki Minaj.

According to the NY Post, Drizzy also parted ways with his agents at International Creative Management, including Dana Sims and Robert Gibbs. Though it was unconfirmed by his agent, Drake has signed with William Morris Endeavor agent Brent Smith, who also reps Snoop Dogg.

“Drake just felt like there were too many hands in his pockets,” a source said. “He was getting pulled in too many different directions.”

The source also claims that there was a conflict between his original management team in Canada and more recent ones. "His team from Canada is trying to wrestle back control," continued the source. "He may go back to them to streamline things."]

Lil Wayne's Tweet:

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by ice wolf; 12-01-2011 at 02:52 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #38
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
the Illuminati won't like this
 6 years ago '11        #39
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Using MTO as a source
 6 years ago '04        #40
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,404 | Props total: 6433 6433
sweethart?

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago