#5 North Carolina @ #1 Kentucky {Last Regular Season Meeting For Now} --> Sat. 12/3 CBS 12:00 PM ET

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
73 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who Will Win This Top 5 Match-Up?
#1 Kentucky 16 66.67%
#5 North Carolina 8 33.33%
Voters: 24. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
9313 pageviews
430 comments

kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4416 4416
#5 North Carolina @ #1 Kentucky {Last Regular Season Meeting For Now} --> Sat. 12/3 CBS 12:00 PM ET

A source tells KSR that Kentucky is considering a plan which would make this year’s version of the Kentucky vs North Carolina the last one, at least temporarily. According to the source, Kentucky is seeking to balance its schedule and prevent the current set-up, in which Kentucky plays Louisville, North Carolina and its Big East/SEC Challenge opponent at home or on the road in the same year, from continuing. The contract with North Carolina expires after this game, making now the best time to make the move. The plan would be to not play North Carolina next year, and then revisit the issue next summer or sometime in the future, when the schedule could again be balanced.

If North Carolina is dropped, Kentucky could end up playing a home and home or neutral site series with a number of other teams. According to the source, Kansas, Texas, West Virginia and Arizona would be the most likely candidates.

[pic - click to view]

Kentucky Sports Radio » Blog Archive » Source: Last Game of UK vs UNC Series Upcoming

430 comments for "#5 North Carolina @ #1 Kentucky {Last Regular Season Meeting For Now} --> Sat. 12/3 CBS 12:00 PM ET"

6 years ago '05        #3
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,113 | Props total: 516 516
uk!!!!!!!!!! cant wait...
 6 years ago '07        #4
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418 OP
space
space

It’s not No. 1 vs. No. 2, but it still features about 10 first-round picks and is certainly the “Game of the Year.” Of course, we’re talking about North Carolina vs. Kentucky, the showdown set for high noon in Lexington on Saturday.

North Carolina entered the season atop the polls, but a 10-point loss at UNLV dropped the Tar Heels back a bit. They haven’t played to their potential just yet, but there’s still plenty of time – starting Saturday. On the other side, Kentucky has looked every bit as talented as everyone thought they would be heading into the year. The Wildcats’ best win is over Kansas, but they could really send a message against UNC on Saturday.

With all the talent on stage, let’s go position-by-position.

POINT GUARD: Kendall Marshall vs. Marquis Teague

Two completely different point guards, both extremely talented in their own right. Marshall ranks second in the country in a.ssists, notching at least 14 a.ssists in three different games. The lefty doesn’t push the ball like a classic UNC point guard, but he moves the ball in transition with the pass. Teague is very quick and athletic, but he’s still adjusting to life as a college point guard. He has been taking care of the ball far better lately, but he can still improve his decision-making. EDGE: North Carolina

SHOOTING GUARD: Dexter Strickland vs. Doron Lamb

The two least-touted in the starting lineups, both play a key role nonetheless. Strickland is a very good defender who uses his length and athleticism to be effective in transition. He’s also the de facto backup point guard when Marshall goes to the bench. Lamb is one of the best 3-point shooters in the SEC, knocking down 48 percent of his outside shots this season. He’s also a solid distributor and playmaker who can go off the dribble. EDGE: Kentucky

SMALL FORWARD: Harrison Barnes vs. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Both were No. 1 high school prospects at some point in their career, and actually matched up as top prospects at the NBA Camp in 2009. Barnes has started better this season than he did last year, making a k!lling in the mid-range and also knocking down outside jumpers. Kidd-Gilchrist is a do-it-all player who makes things happen at both ends of the floor. He’s a very good defender who uses his strength go get to the rim as well. EDGE: North Carolina

POWER FORWARD: Tyler Zeller vs. Terrence Jones

An interesting contrast of players. Zeller is a back-to-the-basket scorer who has a variety of post moves and gets to the free-throw line on a consistent basis. He’s been up and down this year, not surpassing 12 points or seven boards in his last four games. Jones is playing some of the best basketball in the country, looking like a matchup nightmare for nearly every opponent. The lefty is excellent around the rim and in transition, but also has the ability to step out and knock down a three. EDGE: Kentucky

CENTER: John Henson vs. Anthony Davis

This is going to be fun. Two of the most athletic, longest big men in the country will go head-to-head with someone who can match up evenly. Henson is a tremendous shot-blocker, and is also a double-double threat every night out. He’s improved his offensive ability this season. Davis is the best freshman in the country and the sure-fire No. 1 pick for the NBA Draft. He’s an unbelievable shot-blocker as well, and uses his athleticism to make things difficult for opponents. He’s also excellent in transition, running the floor extremely well. EDGE: Kentucky

BENCH

Both teams have impact players coming off the pine. North Carolina uses future lottery pick James McAdoo on the inside. He’s athletic and can score in different ways. Reggie Bullock and P.J. Hairston are knockdown shooters with athleticism, although Hairston might miss the game with a sprained wrist. On the other side, Kentucky has experienced forward Darius Miller leading the way. He’s a former starter and can do a little of everything. Kyle Wiltjer is an inside-outside threat, while Eloy Vargas gives post minutes. EDGE: North Carolina (if Hairston plays)

KEYS TO THE GAME

North Carolina:
  1. Putting Strickland on Teague – Marshall won’t be able to keep up with Teague, but Stickland is quicker and more athletic
  2. Containing Jones – Zeller might not be able to guard Jones when he goes off the bounce, but can’t let Jones dominate
  3. Perimeter shots – Kentucky has plenty of trees around the rim, but the Tar Heels need to open up the defense by knocking down 3-pointers

Kentucky:
  1. Second chances – North Carolina is susceptible to offensive rebounds, while Kentucky has the athletes to get points off put-backs
  2. Taking advantage of matchups – It remains to be seen if UNC can keep up with Kentucky in transition; the Wildcats need to push it
  3. Perimeter shots – Like UK, North Carolina has shot-blockers at the rim. The Tar Heels don’t guard the 3-point line that effectively, though

BOTTOM LINE

There is going to be a ridiculous display of talent and athleticism on the floor come Saturday in Rupp Arena. There are interesting personnel matchups across the floor, as well as stars coming off the bench. John Calipari has his troops humming right now, while Roy Williams is still working out some of the kinks. Expect plenty of transition baskets and fast-break dunks. In the end, I think the home-court advantage could be enough for Kentucky – the Wildcats will continue to hit their stride.

6 years ago '08        #5
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272

[pic - click to view]

but UK is gonna sandusky/fine tag team UNC a.ss
 6 years ago '05        #6
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,776 | Props total: 3232 3232
I hate the notion that if your fav teams aren't based in one area, it makes you a bandwaggoner. n*ggas that know me on here know that I go hard for my teams, regardless of where they're from.
 12-02-2011, 09:08 PM         #7
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iPunish901 said:

[pic - click to view]

but UK is gonna sandusky/fine tag team UNC a.ss

love it when the mid majors hate yo.
 12-02-2011, 09:09 PM         #8
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 J said:
I hate the notion that if your fav teams aren't based in one area, it makes you a bandwaggoner. n*ggas that know me on here know that I go hard for my teams, regardless of where they're from.
i hate it because a lot of states str8 out dont have professional teams.. like north carolina.. Hornets left.. im not going to support the bobcats.. we have no baseball team.. and the panthers where here like in 95 and iw as watching football before then.
 6 years ago '11        #9
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,631 | Props total: 501 501
We owe UK an a.ss whooping
 12-02-2011, 09:10 PM         #10
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
very well typed up thread loving the break down...will edit with thoughts.

Thoughts...

i reallllllllllllllllly think this is the game where people see that henson is better than davis..

Jones will BODY zeller

Kendall i think will do fine on teague (he held his own and kinda locked taylor down) and i think we actually switch back and forth with him and dex on teague.

Lamb will k!ll us..

Harrison will struggle against MKG

without PJ i think our bench will be non existent especially in rupp.. Miller will also be a key for UK..

i can see either team winning this game.. but i see UK winning this game more times in a 10 game series.. i sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

UK by 8...

bout as unbiased as i can get.

Last edited by @RG3; 12-02-2011 at 09:22 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #11
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
Ashley Judd swaggin in the middle of all them Carolina fans.

That's my UK girl
 6 years ago '07        #12
space
space
Thanks for the thread, but this will be merged...

6 years ago '08        #13
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 J said:
 Dro889 said:
love it when the mid majors hate yo.

get on topic complainin a.ss n*ggas

i got dallas in my sig and people hate on my sig. im trippin off the UNC and UM tho, guess one is for bball and the other for football
 6 years ago '06        #14
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 1783 1783
Kind of worrying about our scoring, but I think it will be a good game.
 6 years ago '05        #15
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
 iPunish901 said:

i got dallas in my sig and people hate on my sig. im trippin off the UNC and UM tho, guess one is for bball and the other for football
I support Miami in college football, just couldn't fit it in my sig

[pic - click to view]

12-02-2011, 09:25 PM         #16
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '09        #17
TYO 
space
space
$5,198 | Props total: 148 148
UK wins this one by around 5
 6 years ago '06        #18
bran 146 heat pts146
space
space
$3,186 | Props total: 4 4
 J said:
Pretty much you like who like don't matter where they from as long as you ride and die with them.
 iPunish901 said:

Yea I should had a wolverine helmet instead
 6 years ago '07        #19
space
space
 Dro889 said:
Miller will also be a key for UK.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #20
Gremlin 1095 heat pts1095
space
space
$9,875 | Props total: 4853 4853
This should be fu*king DOPE

Cant wait to see the Davis vs Henson Matchup...

I feel the key is going to be the PG match up
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
19 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc