most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #61
LYTE 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$14,136 | Props total: 4737 4737
[QUOTE=MegaTON;21413903]since people are goin with shock value i'll just post some rappers who kind of suck but are considered "legends" or "1-hit wonders" or "OH MY GOD I LOVE UNDERGROUND HIP HOP TUMBLR f*g" rap groups

lordz of the underground - HATED THESE n*ggaS. but i missed them compared to the sh*t i hear now. "chief rocka came on about a year ago & i smiled

group home -always saw them as a fake Mobb Deep
QUOTE]

A+
Lil Zane
i never cared for Ja Rule when he was introduced w/ CMC
I didnt care for Mic Geronimo neither
 6 years ago '05        #62
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Ant McQueen said:
So you gon' act like Shorty sh*tstain wasn't that n*gga?
Shorty Sh!t Stain went hard on tracks.
 11-29-2011, 04:09 PM         #63
SOD RG  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ Lil' Zane

Completely forgot about dude.
 6 years ago '05        #64
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Ant McQueen said:
Shorty Sh!t Stain went hard on tracks.

[video - click to view]

"She said he dont be home to caress her, so I undress her, and made her feel better"!
 6 years ago '06        #65
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 CakedUP23 said:
Most people who sayin that No Limit was whack in the 90's, must not have been from the south.

I wouldn't say that..... Compared to all the sh*t Rap-a-Lot was putting out in the 90's, no limit was wack in comparision.... Maybe wack isn't the best word, but underwhelming compared to other south artist before them....... No limit just happened to be the face of the south for a few years

DMX was more close to the 2000 era then golden age... He blew up more, since he was a breath of fresh air after the watered down crap that bad boy records was putting out... After big and pac died, the radio got shook and only played garbage for a while... I like some of his work, but I would agree he was prolly overrated

I didn't really care for most of the hot boyz projects TBH... I take some sh*t for it, but was never a huge jeru the damaja fan... he did have great production though...
 11-29-2011, 06:06 PM         #66
madeulook  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol, what?!?! de la soul isnt wack k!ll urself
 6 years ago '06        #67
space
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
DMX dropped two albums in 98 that went mulitplatinum. Then he dropped one in 1999 that went multiplatinum.

Nothing he dropped in the 2000 went multiplatinum nor garned the critical acclaim of his 1998 releases. He is definitely 90s.
Late 90's like u said though, and the golden era was pretty much over at this point.... I said why I think DMX benefited from sales.... Unfortunatley I rember being in Vo-tech and hearing the radio everyday... they didn't let U listen to CD's He was pretty much the only somewhat interesting rapper that got spins... Was after the 4,3,2,1 verse on LL's album... Was selling mad DMX/canibus mixes at this time... It was pretty much missy elliot, mase, puffy, biggies last few tracks, and other random sh*t songs getting burn....

If DMX would have hit his peak in say 94, he would just be another talented cat in the mix of a diverse emcee pool
 6 years ago '10        #68
StoopidVillinz 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,469 | Props total: 6386 6386
smh@n*ggas in here gettin butt hurt...u cant expect everyone to fu*k wit a artist u fu*k wit
 6 years ago '05        #69
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
Mic Geronimo was pretty wack
All City was wack too

Last edited by Gravediggaz; 11-29-2011 at 06:51 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #70
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
 Ant McQueen said:
shorty sh*tstain murdered this track

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #71
space
space
space
 Blacknitro said:
I strongly disagree with that. Had X reached his peak in 94-95, Biggie and Pac wouldn't get as much credit as they get. The hardest always gets the most love, which is why Pac get the love he gets. X would've rivaled him and had a chance to top him as the hardest in that time period. Even tho X still is regarded as the hardest by many, it would've meant so much more to do it while Pac was poppin. But it's all opinion, since we'll never know.

Anyways, the real golden era is 87-92 (based on most rap critics). But I find it hard to believe that's time period the t/s was talkin bout, so I'm guessin the t/s meant the whole entire 90s, so that's how I was viewing this thread.
DMX has a very marketable persona, so maybe he could have had similar success in that time frame Imo.... I still stand by what I said, that he was in the right place at the right time releasing his first studio release... The radio morphed him into it, cause he had no real comp and people grew tired of all the pop bs on the radio... DMX was getting mad radio love at this point.... Thats how u get SALES anyway.... DMX was on the scene for years way before this anyway... Not like he just picked up a mic at this time

It's funny, cause before PAC became a media sensation... Mainly before the first time he got shot... Scarface/Spice 1/ Kool G Rap etc where all regared as being a notch above PAC....from the averge joe's prospective anyway around me... ... Like PAc as much as the next cat, but he was just a fish in the pond.... Media ran with the whole biggie vs pac/ east vs west bs/ and gave them legendary status.... not they didn't deserve it, but is what it is.... I doubt as far as record sales are concerned that Jay Z would have had as much succsess with Big and Pac alive as well....

I consider the golden era up till around 94-96.... Some of the most talented lyrical cats ever where starting to establish themselves in the later stages of this...
 6 years ago '11        #72
The One N Only 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 31 31
 NO RELIGION said:
Big Daddy Kane....never understood what was so good about duke
exit this thread now.....
 6 years ago '11        #73
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,654 | Props total: 419 419
Beastie Boys were always garbage imo
 6 years ago '10        #74
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,564 | Props total: 5929 5929
 does any 1 care said:
The Beastie Boys are like the ultimate MCs.
 6 years ago '05        #75
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
X the only artist to have his first 5 albums debut at #1
 6 years ago '04        #76
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,349 | Props total: 2788 2788
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Selective hearing?Lyrically that n*gga was trash. Everything he spit was simple as fu*k...n*ggas were caught up in his image and his voice. Point blank.

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #77
space
space
space
 does any 1 care said:
They didn't have the most talent, but U could say the same for run-dmc as well.... both them groups had abc rhyme schemes, and cliche concepts...... Was more about them being ahead of thier time...
 6 years ago '04        #78
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,349 | Props total: 2788 2788
 Supa Mario 910 said:
Selective hearing?Lyrically that n*gga was trash. Everything he spit was simple as fu*k...n*ggas were caught up in his image and his voice. Point blank.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

The reason people actually listen to his music because his lyrics. Its not even his voice and image. Its the way he show his emotion on his songs. He also a great story teller something most rapper lack.
 6 years ago '11        #79
Unknown Dude 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,201 | Props total: 90 90
Ppl really mad in here. It's quite a bit of rappers from the 90's dat I see listed in this thread that I didn't fu*k wit and they mostly all from up north. ONLY reason why I listened to sum of them was cause they was force-fed on tv back in the day.
 6 years ago '11        #80
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
 King856 said:
@ these lil kids in here saying DMX,GZA, Biggie and Busta

Masta P and any1 from No Limit, Daz,8 Ball MJG
agree with statement #1

im not a P fan but No Limit had multiple cats that would destroy a bunch of people from any region. people get too caught up in the No Limit gimmick to realize how good some of them were.

Daz is extra underrated. He is consistent in what he does. he's not great as far as content goes but his voice is good and his delivery is pretty good as well. i'm a fan tho so i cant call it.

you can argue 8Ball but nobody can tell me that MJG is wack. of all of the southern rappers in history, he is near the top as far as overall rapping ability goes. his style is also why he's the perfect compliment to a rapper like 8ball
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago