Heat Forced To Cut Miller Under New CBA

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
5707 pageviews
97 comments

nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4119 4119
Heat Forced To Cut Miller Under New CBA

[pic - click to view]

it’s likely that the Heat have come to the conclusion that they’re still probably going to have to use the amnesty clause on Mike Miller and release him.

For months the Heat had believed this was inevitable knowing they badly needed to use their mid-level exception to help out some holes on the roster. This information made it to Miller’s ears, he put his house on the market. This was with the understanding that teams paying the luxury tax, which the Heat will, wouldn’t be permitted to use an entire mid-level exception of $5 million.

A de facto hard salary cap is probably going to force the Heat to release Mike Miller. Cutting Mike Miller won't be an easy pill to swallow, but here's why the Heat may have little choice.

The most important item is that any team that uses its $5 million mid-level exception and goes over the luxury tax line cannot exceed the $4 million apron for the entire season. In layman’s terms, it means that if the Heat use the mid-level exception they cannot spend over $74.3 million this season. In effect, this is a hard salary cap even though neither the union or the league sold it that way. Simply, the Heat need to add some free agents and they can’t keep themselves under that threshold with Miller’s $5.4 million on their books.

[pic - click to view]

Why Heat are likely to part with Mike Miller - Heat Index Blog - ESPN

Sucks considering he's going to end up on a sh*t team after he took a paycut to play in Miami and all that sh*t he went through last year with his family.

Time to come back to reality Miami fans, ya'll can't just afford to sign everyone without having casualties. So much for a loyal organization Mr. Wade.

97 comments for "Heat Forced To Cut Miller Under New CBA"

6 years ago '07        #2
theFREAK 3684 heat pts3684
space
space
$53,740 | Props total: 38615 38615
 6 years ago '07        #3
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,398 | Props total: 13100 13100
not forced, and not certain
 6 years ago '11        #4
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
lol, mike miller got paid like 30 million dollars for one years work in which he missed half the season

and now he gets to have another salary? he won
 6 years ago '04        #5
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,512 | Props total: 12 12
Mike Miller was so sorry last year. All he did was ride the bench and brick 3's. Heat should cut him whether or not they need to.
 6 years ago '11        #6
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
The n*gga knew his time was coming

That's why he was sellin his beautiful Miami homes and hoes to prepare to end up in some place like Utah
 11-28-2011, 11:21 PM         #7
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nitetrain8601 said:

Sucks considering he's going to end up on a sh*t team after he took a paycut to play in Miami and all that sh*t he went through last year with his family.

Time to come back to reality Miami fans, ya'll can't just afford to sign everyone without having casualties. So much for a loyal organization Mr. Wade.
But the Bulls can somehow get OJ Mayo according to every Bulls fan on here
 11-28-2011, 11:28 PM         #8
OrignalBigBird 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '11        #9
chizz 
space
space
$3,875 | Props total: 2882 2882
dont his kid got cancer miami n*ggas is ruthless.
 6 years ago '04        #10
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
 Cheeze said:
Afford him and they have the pieces. I know for a fact that Memphis wanted 2 firsts and either Taj or Asik for OJ and the Bulls said no, instead offering Ronnie Brewer and a 1st round pick. Bulls could afford him as it stands, especially if they trade for him. Fact, Miami cannot afford Miller if they want to get Dally and shore up the other holes.
 6 years ago '05        #11
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
damn, he was injured all year and showed his worth in other areas (hustle, rebounding, etc...)...if he's injury-free, he will probably be back to form...

wassup with James Jones? are the Heat losing Jones and Miller who is gonna take those three pointers?
 6 years ago '07        #12
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,242 | Props total: 20044 20044
 Cheeze said:
look a heat fan with the bulls on their mind as usual
Every bulls fan? REALLY? Every bulls fan? MOST bulls fans know thats not gonna happen, Their owner doesn't like ours. Also, a Mayo deal is possible because as I recall he was still on a rookie contract, we also have a decent amount of first round picks and a few players they wanted that we didn't wanna part with.

Miami Fans are dumb as fu*k
 6 years ago '09        #13
Tiko377 1862 heat pts1862
space
space
$15,222 | Props total: 8960 8960
Can't we cut Joel instead?
 11-28-2011, 11:46 PM         #14
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 minimafia_aj said:
look a heat fan with the bulls on their mind as usual
Every bulls fan? REALLY? Every bulls fan? MOST bulls fans know thats not gonna happen, Their owner doesn't like ours. Also, a Mayo deal is possible because as I recall he was still on a rookie contract, we also have a decent amount of first round picks and a few players they wanted that we didn't wanna part with.

Miami Fans are dumb as fu*k
a bulls fan posted a thread about the heat and then called out Miami to " come back to reality."

get your head out of your a.ss and keep being the new SM in the TV and Movie Spot young'n

Keep posting endless smilies and tell em why you mad kid
 6 years ago '04        #15
space
space
I just remember when Heat fans kept saying all year "Wait til our savior comes back. It'll be a wrap for the league."

Now ya'll straight dissing on him saying we don't need him and kicking him to the curb like 50 did Game.
 6 years ago '07        #16
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,242 | Props total: 20044 20044
 Cheeze said:
a bulls fan posted a thread about the heat and then called out Miami to " come back to reality."

get your head out of your a.ss and keep being the new SM in the TV and Movie Spot young'n

Keep posting endless smilies and tell em why you mad kid
how am I the new SM? you're a clown. I post sh*t I like or find interesting. And are you familiar with the word "endless" I posted 4 smilies, around Facts. I know facts are hard to grasp when you're an idiot.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 11-28-2011 at 11:50 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #17
space
space
 Cheeze said:

Yes, because Heat fans had their heads stuck in the clouds thinking they could afford anyone and keep the rest of their team. I expect that from Knick fans because after the Isiah years, they don't quite remember how the NBA works. Miami has no damn excuse for acting that way.

And again, saying the Bulls can't afford Mayo is an invalid argument. You could say they don't want to pay the price to get him, but they definitely have the pieces and cash to get him. Sorry fam, take the L and keep it moving.
 11-28-2011, 11:49 PM         #18
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nitetrain8601 said:
Afford him and they have the pieces. I know for a fact that Memphis wanted 2 firsts and either Taj or Asik for OJ and the Bulls said no, instead offering Ronnie Brewer and a 1st round pick. Bulls could afford him as it stands, especially if they trade for him. Fact, Miami cannot afford Miller if they want to get Dally and shore up the other holes.
Dalemebert just said he would take a pay cut to be with the Heat and in all honesty I would rather have Dalemebert over Miller considering Dalembert would be a better Center over Joel being undersized.
 11-28-2011, 11:50 PM         #19
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nitetrain8601 said:
Yes, because Heat fans had their heads stuck in the clouds thinking they could afford anyone and keep the rest of their team. I expect that from Knick fans because after the Isiah years, they don't quite remember how the NBA works. Miami has no damn excuse for acting that way.

And again, saying the Bulls can't afford Mayo is an invalid argument. You could say they don't want to pay the price to get him, but they definitely have the pieces and cash to get him. Sorry fam, take the L and keep it moving.
Who said we could afford anyone

You guys just like pulling sh*t out of the air and basing it as fact I see.

What L?
 6 years ago '05        #20
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
There are so many conflicting reports out there on this.... I'll just wait until December 9th
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy