'The Dark Knight Rises' Marks the End of Christian Bale's Batman Era

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3459 3459
Not a fan of Bale as Batman, but I do love the direction Nolan took the series.
 6 years ago '05        #42
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 PCP MC said:
Bale's Batman so far is the only Bruce/Batman I've seen where you would believe that Bruce Wayne and Batman are two separate people.

I mean if you saw Bale's Wayne in the street and then talked to him as Batman you wouldn't even begin to possibly think that those two are the same motherfu*ker.

And honestly that's the real key to Batman, Wayne and the cowl are two entirely different dudes, like on some split personality type sh*t. Keaton couldn't pull that off he just tried his hardest to make Bruce Wayne BE Batman, which aint the way sh*t is supposed to go down.
This is what I was saying. Bale pulled that off. Regardless of the ridiculous voice. Lol.

The closest I've seen to that was TAS.

And to think about it, Keaton's Batman didnt talk as much. The most talking he did in the original was with Vicki and then the Joker at the end. Keaton's Batman didnt have a lot of rap. He was just thrashing sh*t, crashing through windows, and zip lining through alleys.
Bale's Batman was explaining mathematical equations and sh*t with that voice or screamin on dudes. And it just sounds ridiculous I'll admit. But that's kinda keepin in line with the comic. Batman screamed on plenty mofos. Keaton's Batman aint scream on or should I say try to intimidate nobody.
 6 years ago '05        #43
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
Man true and honestly, people hatin on the voice but wtf is Bale supposed to do, use his regular voice? Like you wouldnt figure out it was him in 2 seconds?

Also people sayin Keaton made a more emotionally cold Batman but then go on to say he was more emotionally affected by his parents' death. Go back and watch Batman Begins. His parents death wasn't the definition, that sh*t was the catalyst. The definition was him joinin organized crime & stealing from himself, goin to a Tibetan prison, learning from Ras Ahl Gul etc. all that sh*t about his parents was covered in the first 25 minutes of the first goddamn movie.
 6 years ago '08        #44
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,119 | Props total: 2650 2650
bale sucked balls as batman anyway so who cares
batman was probably the worst character in the dark knight
joker, gordon and 2face>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>morgan freeman>>>batman
 6 years ago '04        #45
theHighlife04 
space
space
$402 | Props total: 1 1
I don't have anything to say, I just thought the picture SM chose to use was homo/funny. It looks like the guy is staring at Batman's d!ck.

I know it's suedo trolling but whatever, I thought it was funny.
 11-28-2011, 11:13 PM         #46
Tony Tracksuits 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KREW said:
He'll be back for The Dark Knight Returns.. I hope so
there wont be a dark knight returns... this is also Nolans final film.....warner bros is going to reboot the series again .... if you havent read the 6 minute prologue which nolan has approved and confirmed for us to read before the prologue is released in theatres. just like the KnightFall story Bane breaks batmans back (they emphasise the cracking sound when bane picks up batman and slams him down) it then shows a still of batman just laying there motionless and unable to move.... then 8 years pass by and the story picks back up .. so im thinking at this time the authorities have apprehended bane and then he breaks out of arkham releasing all the prisoners onto gothman city. I also think the Lazurus pit with be involved with the healing of batmans back... as there has been many hints that liam neeson will return as Raz Al Ghoul... probably as a flash back or something where hes educating Bruce Wayne about the Lazarus Pit.

Last edited by Tony Tracksuits; 11-28-2011 at 11:15 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #47
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 PCP MC said:
Man true and honestly, people hatin on the voice but wtf is Bale supposed to do, use his regular voice? Like you wouldnt figure out it was him in 2 seconds?

Also people sayin Keaton made a more emotionally cold Batman but then go on to say he was more emotionally affected by his parents' death. Go back and watch Batman Begins. His parents death wasn't the definition, that sh*t was the catalyst. The definition was him joinin organized crime & stealing from himself, goin to a Tibetan prison, learning from Ras Ahl Gul etc. all that sh*t about his parents was covered in the first 25 minutes of the first goddamn movie.
Yeah. But of course Burton didnt include that part of the origin. Burton's is like between Begins and The Dark Knight, if you take out the Joker dying of course.

I see what you saying though. Keaton was that dude no doubt. But frontin on Bale just because of the voice.... Bale brought interest back to a DEAD franchise with his performance in Begins. That Clooney sh*t, and the bat n*pples, murderED Batman as far as the big screen.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 11-28-2011 at 11:20 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #48
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 PCP MC said:
Bale's Batman so far is the only Bruce/Batman I've seen where you would believe that Bruce Wayne and Batman are two separate people.

I mean if you saw Bale's Wayne in the street and then talked to him as Batman you wouldn't even begin to possibly think that those two are the same motherfu*ker.

And honestly that's the real key to Batman, Wayne and the cowl are two entirely different dudes, like on some split personality type sh*t. Keaton couldn't pull that off he just tried his hardest to make Bruce Wayne BE Batman, which aint the way sh*t is supposed to go down.

honestly it's not hard to make them seem like two different ppl since Batman himself has a limited personality, you just stand there looking angry ( and growling threats in Bale's case) and then for Wayne Bale just acted like a regular happy go luck guy. not really that hard.

I actually dont think it's good when they come off as two different ppl tho because for the audience you're suppose to see a correlation with their personalities, what effects and drives batman is suppose to also effect and drive Wayne since essentially they're the same person. For me when you saw Keaton you still "saw" Batman, and honestly his behavior as Bruce helped you define and understand Batman. It made his transformation that much more believable. They shouldn't have to be two different ppl because the audience already knows they're the same person, so go ahead and use that to make a better connection for the sake of character depth.

as far as the emotion thing goes, emotionally cold obviously tells the audience that this individual went through something that made him that "cold" or "reserved". Just like any other person who turns "dark" or takes things into his own hands. At the end of the day Keaton's character as a whole was alot more intriguing and interesting, Bale's rendition just seems like any guy you'd meet on the street who decided to take on that life.

Last edited by psylence2k; 11-28-2011 at 11:18 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #49
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 wanderful1 said:
there wont be a dark knight returns... this is also Nolans final film.....warner bros is going to reboot the series again .... if you havent read the 6 minute prologue which nolan has approved and confirmed for us to read before the prologue is released in theatres. just like the KnightFall story Bane breaks batmans back (they emphasise the cracking sound when bane picks up batman and slams him down) it then shows a still of batman just laying there motionless and unable to move.... then 8 years pass by and the story picks back up .. so im thinking at this time the authorities have apprehended bane and then he breaks out of arkham releasing all the prisoners onto gothman city. I also think the Lazurus pit with be involved with the healing of batmans back... as there has been many hints that liam neeson will return as Raz Al Ghoul... probably as a flash back or something where hes educating Bruce Wayne about the Lazarus Pit.
That sh*t was real?
 6 years ago '05        #50
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
 psylence2k said:
honestly it's not hard to make them seem like two different ppl since Batman himself has a limited personality, you just stand there looking angry ( and growling threats in Bale's case) and then for Wayne Bale just acted like a regular happy go luck guy. not really that hard.

I actually dont think it's good when they come off as two different ppl tho because for the audience you're suppose to see a correlation with their personalities, what effects and drives batman is suppose to also effect and drive Wayne since essentially they're the same person. For me when you saw Keaton you still "saw" Batman, and honestly his behavior as Bruce helped you define and understand Batman. It made his transformation that much more believable. They shouldn't have to be two different ppl because the audience already knows they're the same person, so go ahead and use that to make a better connection for the sake of character depth.

as far as the emotion thing goes, emotionally cold obviously tells the audience that this individual went through something that made him that "cold" or "reserved". Just like any other person who turns "dark" or takes things into his own hands. At the end of the day Keaton's character as a whole was alot more intriguing and interesting, Bale's rendition just seems like any guy you'd meet on the street who decided to take on that life.
What I'm sayin is IN the Batman universe, you're NOT supposed to be able to tell that Wayne and Batman are the same person because obviously, no one can tell. So if you show Batman and Wayne being similar then automatically everyone else in the movie is a fu*king retard.

What I meant by the emotional comment was that people are trying to say that Keaton's Batman was more emotionally closed off but also that he showed that he was more affected by his parents' death, which is contradictory.

Also no random guy on the street just "decides" to take on the life of a costumed martial arts-doing criminal-intimidating vigilante who never gets caught by police, takes out 5-10 criminals at a stretch etc. So honestly...your interpretation of that just doesn't make sense.
 6 years ago '07        #51
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,666 | Props total: 565 565
 JonnieDrama said:
George clooney's a.ss doesnt even count. Arnold had me weak a.ss a bi*ch as mr. freeze tho lmao
n*gga Armold made that fu*king movie watchable stay off coke please
 6 years ago '11        #52
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1469 1469
 monrowe said:
christian bale was cool more believable as a playboy than all the rest.. my only issue was all of a sudden he puts the cape on and he talks like some kinda monster and sh*t ... i watched tim burtons batman i think it was more of the visuals of that version that made it good .... but nolans batman was more realistic feelings.. obviously dark
Agreed. I always thought Keaton was better as playing the Batman role but Bale was much better at pulling off the Bruce Wayne playboy gimmick though. Now if they can find and actor that can completely pull off the Batman/Bruce Wayne role as one then you would have the GOAT Batman.
 6 years ago '04        #53
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 PCP MC said:
What I'm sayin is IN the Batman universe, you're NOT supposed to be able to tell that Wayne and Batman are the same person because obviously, no one can tell. So if you show Batman and Wayne being similar then automatically everyone else in the movie is a fu*king retard.

What I meant by the emotional comment was that people are trying to say that Keaton's Batman was more emotionally closed off but also that he showed that he was more affected by his parents' death, which is contradictory.

Also no random guy on the street just "decides" to take on the life of a costumed martial arts-doing criminal-intimidating vigilante who never gets caught by police, takes out 5-10 criminals at a stretch etc. So honestly...your interpretation of that just doesn't make sense.

It's a movie, let's not act like alot of movies, good, bad, or classic have not taken artistic liberties that didn't seem realistic in order to make the movie more interesting. It's alot easier to connect the dots when you're the audience and you know who batman is, it's alot easier to say " oh man I would've known that was him if I didnt know already ". Either way I feel Keaton presented two sides to one complex person, that was more interesting than having Bale push two completely different characters, one who came off as just a regular guy and the other whose growling made him come off as a Rottweiler with a cape

The emotional comment is far from contradictory, just because you're emotionally cold or emotionally protected doesn't mean you're a lifeless robot. Have you ever seen a child who is emotionally protective and withdrawn ?? you can obviously tell they've been hurt in some way, their expressions, body language tell you a story before they even speak. Keaton's "loner" persona made Batman seem like a sadder, colder, more troubled character, which just made the character seem deeper and more interesting as I've said a million times already, and it's more of a interest because you barely meet ppl like that and when you do they usually have some interesting story behind them. Bale's Wayne is like a bunch of guys you've met before personality wise, aside from the batsuit, and back story, his character alone by itself is pretty plain.

and the whole random guy on the street question you asked is EXACTLY my point, the fact that Bale comes off so "square" and is suppose to be Batman is less believable than Keaton who obviously seemed like a bizarre and deranged individual who might resort to this type of activity. Even though Bruce was suppose to be this billionaire playboy, Keaton still managed to make him come off as a depressed and troubled individual, IMO that's more interesting to watch them some regular ol guy riding a ferrari or surrounded by women in a few scenes to make it "appear" that he's trying to throw off some people. People are so caught up in wanting Wayne to be this "arrogant playboy" so he can "throw off the people" that they disregard the bigger picture and how Keaton made his two characters "fit" better in contrast rather than giving you two totally different people. People acting like it's a good thing that Bruce Wayne seems to have nothing in common with Batman personality wise.

Last edited by psylence2k; 11-29-2011 at 12:05 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #54
space
space
 Dillinger805 said:
does anyone think they will introduce another batman??
Another Batman probably won't be introduced until WB reboots the whole series once Nolan/Bale is done w/this trilogy. I think it will probably be another 7-8 yrs before we see another Batman flick. I think WB wants to reboot the series b/c they are looking for someone else to play Batman for a Justice League movie (well that was the rumor years ago).
 6 years ago '11        #55
space
space
I really think after this movie comes out they should start over again b/c Nolan's movies were reality grounded in a way that only so many movies can be made with Nolan's style of telling a story b/c in the comics Batman has a lot of supernatural villains as well.
 6 years ago '06        #56
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,232 | Props total: 346 346
Everybody knows batman will die in the last movie. he kinda has too
 6 years ago '04        #57
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,677 | Props total: 6816 6816
 DrX said:
ehhhh he wasnt all that as batman...nolan and ledger did the heavy lifting
I think this is just the cool thing to say, plus I personally feel that Batman Begins > The Dark Knight. I can't even count how many times I've watched BB, while I'd sat down for TDK maybe 4 times total.
 6 years ago '11        #58
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
After this 1 they should leave the Batman movies alone for a while. I see alot of people talking about the voice, but I always thought that was something Nolan wanted, I dont think Bale just took it upon himself to talk like a monster.
 6 years ago '08        #59
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
i hope Dark Knight marked the end of that sh*tty voice he used
 11-29-2011, 01:09 AM         #60
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nasty Nate said:
He was at least better than George Clooney
he was better than Clooney & Val
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago