Skip Bayless would rather have Tebow than Rodgers in the last two minutes

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #41
damion_mob_30 
space
space
$545 | Props total: 2 2
Skip is an idiot who never played a down in his life!
 6 years ago '07        #42
TWINSFAN 37 heat pts37
space
space
$2,952 | Props total: 0 0
lol, just shows how stupid he is. Rodgers don't need to win games in the last two minutes, he finishes them before that so he has no need to shuffle to try and win it at the end.....
 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM         #43
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Really this isn't that outrageous if you think about it. He's not saying that Tebow is a better QB than Rodgers. He's saying that due to Rodgers always playing out in front, that he hasn't had to play from behind. He hasn't had to be in those situations where he's gotta march his team down the field in the final two minutes to win the game. Where he has to score a TD and not just a FG either.

He's a great QB at this point, however we don't know how clutch he is because he hasn't had to prove that. So in that sense, would you rather take someone who has shown repeatedly that he can (however inexplicably) pull it out in the fourth quarter coming from down a score or two, or someone who has never really been in that position?

You go with what you know not with what you don't.
 11-27-2011, 06:37 PM         #44
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JT1E said:
lol, just shows how stupid he is. Rodgers don't need to win games in the last two minutes, he finishes them before that so he has no need to shuffle to try and win it at the end.....
that's not the question though. The question was if you're in a scenario where you are down in the final two minutes and need a QB to lead you back to the win, who do you pick? The guy who we've seen repeatedly do just that, or the guy who we have never really seen be put in that position?

Rodgers is great, and Bayless has never said Tebow is better than Rodgers. He's just pointing out that where the 2 minute scenario is concerned, Rodgers is untested. He can play great and all, but can he dig down deep when he absolutely has to to get the win and bring his team back?

He probably can, but he hasn't been able to prove that. His playing from in front all the time kinda makes Bayless' point in this specific scenario. As I said above, go with what you know, not what you don't know.
 6 years ago '07        #45
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
n*ggas say anything to dismiss Skip, stop jumping on the bandwagon...he is actually right.
 6 years ago '05        #46
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,885 | Props total: 8410 8410
 conscious thug said:
Really this isn't that outrageous if you think about it. He's not saying that Tebow is a better QB than Rodgers. He's saying that due to Rodgers always playing out in front, that he hasn't had to play from behind. He hasn't had to be in those situations where he's gotta march his team down the field in the final two minutes to win the game. Where he has to score a TD and not just a FG either.

He's a great QB at this point, however we don't know how clutch he is because he hasn't had to prove that. So in that sense, would you rather take someone who has shown repeatedly that he can (however inexplicably) pull it out in the fourth quarter coming from down a score or two, or someone who has never really been in that position?

You go with what you know not with what you don't.
go with what you know? tebow doesnt even have 10 nfl starts, we dont know sh*t about him on this level. and im a tebow fan that has watched him since florida, but to just act like tebow is brady reincarnated in the clutch after only a handful of starts is what skip was say "asinine, asiten, aseleven, asitwelve", i need to see A LOT more before i deem him "mr. clutch" like skip does
 11-27-2011, 06:58 PM         #47
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought skip was a troll, too, but he really believes the sh*t he says. and he's right on a lot of sh*t, so...................... tebow proved over and over he can do it in the last 2 minutes. rodger hasnt done it consistently yet
 11-27-2011, 07:01 PM         #48
SteveSS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Because Rodgers is up by five touchdowns every week.
 6 years ago '04        #49
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
@conscious thug Rodgers has been in a handful of comeback situations and has proven to be clutch. Look no further than the two videos I posted earlier in this thread. You make no sense at all. When people talk about how certain QBs have a bajillion fourt quarter comebacks and you pick your two minute drill QB based on that, it's retarded. So just because a QB hasn't had to come back in the 4th quarter often means he's not clutch? Huh? Like I said, it makes no sense. If you take a look at Rodgers' career, he has almost never been the reason for a loss. Except for the two Tampa Bay games in 08 and 09, Rodgers has always either been the reason for a win or hasn't been the reason for a loss. In many of the situations where he needs to come back, he has proven he is able to. But remember, there are two more sides to football - special teams and defense, both out of Rodgers' control - and those sides often blow any come back chances we have over the past 3 and a half years. You haven't seen Rodgers in these situations because you don't watch Packer games, so how can you even come to the conclusion based on that fact? You're a clown. And so is Walter White.
 6 years ago '04        #50
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 SeaJaiye said:
i thought skip was a troll, too, but he really believes the sh*t he says. and he's right on a lot of sh*t, so...................... tebow proved over and over he can do it in the last 2 minutes. rodger hasnt done it consistently yet
I know not to take you seriously after the Tampa thread
 11-27-2011, 07:05 PM         #51
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:
I know not to take you seriously after the Tampa thread
what did i say in that one?
 11-27-2011, 07:09 PM         #52
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 damion_mob_30 said:
Skip is an idiot who never played a down in his life!
The fu*k does that matter? How many legendary coaches in history never played in the league or barely played in the league? That argument is so lame.
 11-27-2011, 07:12 PM         #53
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StateProperty88 said:
go with what you know? tebow doesnt even have 10 nfl starts, we dont know sh*t about him on this level. and im a tebow fan that has watched him since florida, but to just act like tebow is brady reincarnated in the clutch after only a handful of starts is what skip was say "asinine, asiten, aseleven, asitwelve", i need to see A LOT more before i deem him "mr. clutch" like skip does
When the hell did I say he was Brady Reincarnated? Just pointing out (as has Skip) that in his short career so far he has proven repeatedly that he can come from behind, no matter how ugly it may look.

And even Skip has said that it's not like he'll be a pro bowler or anything. No one is saying the dude is brady or Montana or whatnot. Just saying that he wins games no matter how unattractive those wins may come.
 6 years ago '05        #54
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,885 | Props total: 8410 8410
 conscious thug said:
When the hell did I say he was Brady Reincarnated? Just pointing out (as has Skip) that in his short career so far he has proven repeatedly that he can come from behind, no matter how ugly it may look.

And even Skip has said that it's not like he'll be a pro bowler or anything. No one is saying the dude is brady or Montana or whatnot. Just saying that he wins games no matter how unattractive those wins may come.
in his "SHORT CAREER" thats all you needed to say, thats all that needs to be said. you dont make these type of claims after a handful of games of starting the league. you just dont do it

this is his 8th start of his career and people are saying that they would take him over rodgers, i dont care what the scenario is, that sh*t makes NO SENSE
 6 years ago '04        #55
TheDirector217 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,466 | Props total: 410 410
 Little Dice said:
Skip has a point. Theres no pressure on blow out wins. Peyton, as great as he is or was, when there was pressure he always fold. So who knows, 2 mins to win a big game, Rodgers might not look as good as he normally does.
FINALLY, somebody that doesn't get sports dictated to them by SportsCenter & know what they're talking.

TH35 said:
ALWAYS fold?!
ALWAYS.

Look it/the playoff games up for yourself.
 6 years ago '04        #56
TYT 15 heat pts15
space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 61 61
so just because rodgers DOMINATES for the first 58 minutes doesn't mean he can't play the last two
 6 years ago '10        #57
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
so are we gonna pretend that it wasn't McGahee run that put them in fg range and broncos defense that keeps them in games??? or that the only team they faced with a winning record (lions) smashed them.
 6 years ago '07        #58
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,791 | Props total: 14597 14597
 TheDirector217 said:
ALWAYS.

Look it/the playoff games up for yourself.
I think he did alright during the playoff run although the run game (and defense) came alive. Like someone said earlier being pressured isn't always the last part of a football game.
 6 years ago '04        #59
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
Skip Bayless wants to do the Sandusky to Tim Tebow, so what he says is no surprise...
 6 years ago '04        #60
Kziatic 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,794 | Props total: 443 443
Gotta love skip and his logic. According to skip the reason for Denvers defense is playing so well is because of Tim tebow. They started playing better because of Tim tebow. That must mean Brady sucks because New england defense is bad.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy