MMG's Meek Mill & G-Unit's Lloyd Banks Backsage Beef Pops Off On Thanksgiving Night!

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
53 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
34 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
35077 pageviews
140 comments

HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853
space
space
$8,414 | Props total: 11376 11376
MMG's Meek Mill & G-Unit's Lloyd Banks Backsage Beef Pops Off On Thanksgiving Night!

[pic - click to view]

Originally, this was going to be a write-up of the Funkmaster Flex Anniversary Show.*

Unfortunately for me (and, I suppose, fortunately for you — why settle for another show review with photos when you can hear about the good, the bad, & the ugly?), it became a TOTALLY different show. At a certain point, I felt like I was in a Fellini movie…it was that surreal.

It started out good enough: NYC rappers Uncle Murda, Juelz Santana, French Montana, & newcomer/rap familial prodigy John Depp (signed to Santana’s Skullgang group, Depp is also the cousin of G-Unit veteran Lloyd Banks — neither of which he played upon that night, choosing instead to win the crowd over with a high-energy performance kinetic enough to knock down a building) paid homage to the legendary Hot 97 DJ as Trav, Ryan Leslie, & Maino joined in at various times.

But then, standing from the stage, watching the swarms of people grow increasingly restless, knowing that the Best Buy Theater has a strict curfew of 1:00AM (as a union house, any time over the prescribed 1:00AM curfew would incur thousands of dollars in fines & overtime, which is a huge liability to a promoter), I immediately followed my press colleagues to the backstage area.

Now, as a veteran of the entertainment industry, I have developed a keen sense of when there’s a set-up, versus when there’s a genuine miscommunication. No, I don’t “originally” come from hip-hop — I cut my teeth on the much-tougher* rock’n'roll circuit — but I’ve been around long enough, and have a finely-enough-tuned BS meter, to know when trouble is on the horizon.

Backstage at this concert, we witnessed this trouble first-hand.

My press colleagues and I witnessed the promoter “negotiate” that Maybach Music Group performer Meek Mills was going to close the show (originally, Lloyd Banks was due to close the show — this per the run of show that was given to each of us) and I overheard the comment of “bigger hits.” We witnessed various “crews” running around backstage trying to make themselves look busy (and failing miserably). At one point, I asked a woman what was going on with the lineup — her answer to me was, “Well, we’re still negotiating with Lloyd Banks. He’s being a bit of a diva, you know how he is, so he may not perform.”

Immediately, I knew that something was wrong: I DO know “how he is,” lady — Lloyd Banks is many things, but “diva” isn’t one of them, I thought, but did not say. Instead, I pressed further, choosing my words carefully to gain as much insight about their line of thought as I possibly could. I proceeded to play dumb as I affected a ditzy tone: “Oh, I see, yes. But there are so many people out there looking to see Banks, and doesn’t that dressing room sign say his name, and look, there are some groupies there just waiting for him, they’re so pretty” (if you consider infected-with-typhoid-fever an attractive look…) “so I cannot possibly see what could not be favorable for him!”

I think I lost a half-dozen brain cells with that statement, but it was well worth it, because she responded (rather brusquely): “LOOK! You want to know anything else, talk to [the promoter]. This is political. You must understand.”

Actually, I MUSTN’T do anything but stay Sicilian and drop dead, I thought, but did not say, as I turned around and re-joined my press colleagues. One leaned over, while looking on his cell phone, and said to me, “I just asked my guy upstairs. They said that they’re giving Banks a hard time deliberately, that he’s upstairs and they’re not letting him down. Someone said they wanted to try to record the f!ght to get it on Worldstar.”

“Who’s ‘they’?” I asked. “And what the hell is going on here? Do the people out there know this? I know there are a lot of people out there here to see Banks, they’re not going to take this well.”

The promoter then walked behind me and whispered to someone, “if we tell them that Banks isn’t performing, they have grounds for a refund. We can’t give them that. We need this money.”

At that point, Meek Mills’ DJ came to the stage & said, “PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR IF YOU’RE A 50 HATER!”*

I ran into the green room and overheard the following statement (definitive source undetermined): “GET THAT n*gga BANKS TO f!ght! k!ll HIS CAREER!”

Oh, my, God, was all I could think. This is BAD. This is REALLY, REALLY BAD.

I couldn’t understand the promoter’s line of thought: clearly, he knew very little about the hip-hop industry if these were his deductions. Maybach Music is all over the various blogs, yet not one artist on that label has gone platinum, let alone gold (with only ONE notable exception: Rick Ross’ Teflon Don album has been certified gold by the RIAA, but no other). By contrast, for all the “hate” that 50 Cent can inspire, G-Unit’s Beg for Mercy has gone double-platinum, 50 Cent’s Get Rich or Die Trying has sold over 8 million units in the United States alone (it is the fourth-largest selling rap album in the history of modern music), and Lloyd Banks’ debut album has gone platinum (with sales of close to 2 million in the United States alone). Even Tony Yayo’s Thoughts of a Predicate Felon, for all that people make fun of Tony Yayo’s career, has a certified gold sales status.

So for any promoter — or anyone else — to even suggest that Maybach Music has “bigger sales” than anyone, let alone 50 Cent or anyone in G-Unit, is laughable at best and purely ignorant at worst.

Regardless of the sales, or lack thereof, of ANY artist, the bottom line is this: Lloyd Banks got the short end of the proverbial stick that night, and for no logical or justifiable reason.

As a respected journalist, editor, & photographer, I would be remiss to not report on this, no matter who sold what albums and where. The story, really, is NOT in who sold what albums — it’s the fact that Lloyd Banks was contracted to perform, the fans were there knowing he was going to perform, and due to some shady dealings & plays off of a “rap beef,” he did NOT perform, thereby leaving the fans disappointed.

The FANS have a RIGHT to know what REALLY happened — if for no other reason than for them to see that, but for the shady dealings & the unfair treatment of Lloyd Banks by the Powers that Be (ref. his Tweets, screen-capped here), he would be performing for them.

I overheard countless fans leave the Best Buy Theater that night who were, at best, expressing their disappointment, and at worst, showing outward venom towards Lloyd Banks for not performing. Everything from “I cannot believe that Banks didn’t perform” to “fu*k THAT n*gga, I’ll bet he was off fu*king some hoe and forgot to perform, that n*gga’s so concerned about fu*king bi*ches that he don’t give a fu*k about his fans so long as he gets pus*y!“

I was then watching people on Twitter promising to never buy another Banks album, calling him out online & accusing him of letting his fans down, and basically making him look like a fool.

That’s when it became incumbent upon me to set the record straight about Lloyd Banks, AND that night — because even if you don’t believe his online statements on the matter, you sure as hell have to believe an editor/journalist/photographer who was there, who witnessed everything firsthand, and who has no reason to lie to make anyone look better.

(My higher imperative — indeed, MY CAREER — is based upon my ability to report the truth, and speak truth to power.)

I have witnessed, firsthand, how much Lloyd Banks appreciates his fans. He has performed in cities that have scared me half to death, played at nearly-inhuman hours no matter how obviously dead-tired he was, and has behaved nothing short of completely gentlemanly to every single fan. He has poured his heart and soul out on stage, has never said anything short of “thank you so much” to every single fan that he has ever performed for, and obliges every request for pictures & autographs.

The thought — the mere suggestion — that Lloyd Banks would behave like a diva, that he would let his fans down deliberately, that he would not show up to a place he was due to perform in, or — worst of all — that he would forgo his fans and a performance that he was contracted for to get some play from a groupie (or a groupie who “starred” in a video & thinks she’s a “model” as a result) is just plain stupid, and is clearly not part of Lloyd Banks’ modus operandi.

I don’t know of an artist who is more loyal to, and grateful for, his fans than Lloyd Banks — and the fans repaid him for his loyalty & dedication by turning on him & a.ssuming the worst at the first chance they got. That, to me, is disgraceful — but it is my sincere hope that they did so because they didn’t know what really happened, and that this article parlays (correctly) the actuality of the situation.

I have no doubt that, sooner rather than later, he’ll play a make-up show, just for the benefit of his fans, just so they don’t feel disappointed…and even then, people will still complain about it because he’s “not following them on Twitter” or some other such nonsense.

Lloyd Banks Tweets throughout and after the show.
I would have thought that NYC — birthplace of hip-hop — would know its native sons better than that.**NYC, I am usually so proud of you…so proud to be a part of you…but for this? You should be ashamed.*If you want to know why NYC hip-hop isn’t “winning,” all you have to do is take a good look at yourselves.

written by

bgiacomazzo
Cliffnote: Banks was supposed to headline but those mmg n*ggas got security & the promoter to keep him out the buliding and tried to start a f!ght so banks could get jumped on tape so they could "end" his career..All so meek mill could close out the show.

They did my n*gga banks dirty, karma will come for those mmg n*ggas only so long fake thugs can pretend.

[pic - click to view]

SMAG Exclusive: Setting the Record Straight on Lloyd Banks’ Performance (or lack thereof) at the Funkmaster Flex Anniversary Show | Scoop The Magazine (SMAG)

Last edited by HolyFatherSteve; 11-27-2011 at 01:10 AM..

140 comments for "MMG's Meek Mill & G-Unit's Lloyd Banks Backsage Beef Pops Off On Thanksgiving Night!"

6 years ago '06        #2
O-King 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 77 77
before i read all that, source?
ColeWorld gave props

6 years ago '04        #3
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,788 | Props total: 23492 23492
cliff note n*gga, cliff notes
ColeWorld gave props

6 years ago '10        #4
HolyFatherSteve 853 heat pts853 OP
space
space
 O-King said:
before i read all that, source?

Banks was supposed to headline but those mmg n*ggas got security to keep him out the buliding and tried to start a f!ght so banks could get jumped on tape so they could "end" his career..

Last edited by HolyFatherSteve; 11-27-2011 at 01:08 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #5
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 MajorD said:

Banks was supposed to headline but those mmg n*ggas got security to keep him out the buliding and tried to started a f!ght so banks could get jumped on tape so they could "end" his career..
do they really want 50 to call the ninjas
 6 years ago '10        #6
space
space
Posted a summary for slow n*ggas lmao
 6 years ago '04        #7
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,544 | Props total: 533 533
 MajorD said:
Posted a summary for slow n*ggas lmao
good sh*t that was a long a.ss mediatake out style read
 6 years ago '11        #8
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
lmao 50 has the power to make it extremely difficult for meek mill if this is true.
 6 years ago '04        #9
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
...What kind of losers would fabricate a f!ght just to post it online? This is the crew ya'll look up to?
 6 years ago '04        #10
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,788 | Props total: 23492 23492
always knew them mmg n*ggas wasn't about that life, these n*ggas are good actors in the rap game
 6 years ago '11        #11
spittapilottalk 44 heat pts44
space
space
$7,054 | Props total: 2 2
mmg? what did you think?

pill is just a former small time drug dealer, wale is a backpacker and ross is a CO

6 years ago '10        #12
space
space
That's music industry politics for you
 6 years ago '08        #13
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,955 | Props total: 7368 7368
Banks shoulda closed that show in NY tho. Meek doesn't even have a LP out.
 11-27-2011, 02:14 AM         #14
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My English teacher wouldn't even read All dis sh*t bruh
 6 years ago '05        #15
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i dont see how they fu*ked this up banks got the hottest mixtape out rite now and its in nyc MMG n*ggas is lame how u gonna leave banks out side at a ny show
 11-27-2011, 02:29 AM         #16
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^LOL Im sure your opinion isnt Biased, .

Games about chess, not checkers...Humiliated the man in his own city.....damn

MMG is a.ss, but this was a good move on the chess board.
 6 years ago '10        #17
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
I commend banks for not calling up the goon squad from queens to air that sh*t out

he could've easily gone that route and nothin good would've came from it
 6 years ago '10        #18
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2564 2564
 MajorD said:
“I cannot believe that Banks didn’t perform” to “fu*k THAT n*gga, I’ll bet he was off fu*king some hoe and forgot to perform, that n*gga’s so concerned about fu*king bi*ches that he don’t give a fu*k about his fans so long as he gets pus*y!“
 6 years ago '05        #19
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,923 | Props total: 30315 30315
I would have thought that NYC — birthplace of hip-hop — would know its native sons better than that.**NYC, I am usually so proud of you…so proud to be a part of you…but for this? You should be ashamed.*If you want to know why NYC hip-hop isn’t “winning,” all you have to do is take a good look at yourselves.

:agreement6:
 6 years ago '11        #20
KingP1n 342 heat pts342
space
space
$7,951 | Props total: 3771 3771
 NO RELIGION said:
I'm calling ducktales or at the least,reaching. Meek Millz is cool with 50.
n*ggas get get too happy,when they do big events and go on some badmind sh*t wasn't it his promoter or Dj that said sh*t about 50?
But truthfully though Meek did fu*k with 50 and I;m sure he fu*ks with Mike Knox 50's boy from Philly!
This remind me of the HOT 97 Back to School jam, when Gunit was taunting DMX and his crew, and pretty much shut down the show, when they left even though DMX was scheduled to perform.
But truthfully but that was some sad sh*t,Meek should have stepped in and said nah fu*k that, and try get banks in the building.

It could have gone down though, MMG and promoters could have got slapped and robbed with big conks on they head LOL.
Plus Skull Gang was there with Depp and Trav, so you done know who they'd back and obviously they would have bought a few Queens heads with them.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
166 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
261 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
164 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
151 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
115 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago