With lockout all but over, table is set for NY Knicks to make a deal for Hornets star Chris Paul

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #101
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,197 | Props total: 0 0
 Dy-nasty said:
Dude said CP3 going to the Knicks would be a step back. Holy sh*t Boxden has the worst posters on the internet.
Guns don't k!ll people.. stupid things people post on Boxden does...
 6 years ago '06        #102
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 27Lives said:
Everyone is saying how the Knicks don't have that trade bait but in reality they do if the players they have preform at a good level by the trade deadline.

Knicks can strike a deal with the Hornets if Fields becomes the Fields of before the Melo trade. Also if Iman Shumpert, and Toney Douglas play at a high level. Add in Billups expring contract that many teams want, which the Hornets can turn around and trade off for picks or young talent.

A trade of
Iman
Toney
Billups
Fields
Draft Picks

For
Paul

This trade can work but all depends on how well those 3 certain players preform early this season. Some of you people are quick to shut down the Knicks talent without having a in-depth look at the players. Getting Paul is hard but it won't cost a team a lot of talent considering all the talk of him wanting to become a Knick. Teams will shy away from him unless he signs a contract extension and I don't see him doing that....

Don't compare this to the Melo drama because in reality Paul has way more leverage now than Melo. The reason why is because Melo was forced to sign a extension in season because of the pending CBA. While now Paul knows all the information and can wait till the FA to get the same contract with no worries about the CBA. He can choose the team he wants with no CBA problems over his head.
Are you serious, you reallly think thats the best offer that N.O. will get? I'd personally laugh at you and hang up the phone with that proposal.

Billups expiring doesn't mean sh*t without any other real substance in the trade. Essentially, they are getting Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, a late 1st round pick in Iman, and another late round pick for cp3?

Not even one quality starter in your proposal, just bench players. Yea ok

Last edited by Soraci7; 11-27-2011 at 12:27 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #103
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
Are you serious, you reallly think thats the best offer that N.O. will get? I'd personally laugh at you and hang up the phone with that proposal.

Billups expiring doesn't mean sh*t without any other real substance in the trade. Essentially, they are getting Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, a late 1st round pick in Iman, and another late round pick for cp3?

Tell me where I said "you reallly think thats the best offer that N.O. will get?" Please find that information for me.

Also this "Billups expiring doesn't mean sh*t without any other real substance in the trade" this is nonsense.. every team loves a big expiring contract. sh*t the Rockets traded T-Macs big expiring contract for a 1st rounder, Hill and Jared Jeffries. That trade was done for the Rockets to take on a big longer contract but they got a young player and 1st rounder.... Billups contract can net the Hornets something like that.

As for this "Essentially, they are getting Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, a late 1st round pick in Iman, and another late round pick for cp3"

TD is a great back up PG or stop gap PG until they find a true franchise PG
Fields fits the team with a low salary and good player who plays the forward and guard spot
Iman is not a late pick, he is mid round pick. If he contributes this year he can attract teams

I agree that they are not big names but solid stop gap players for the team until they rebuild the team fully.

Teams will offer better deals but the main question is will Paul sign a extension with them. Nobody knows that yet.. I hope Knicks don't trade for him but if this deal comes along I'll do it.

I'm sure a team will pull off a Nets move where they trade for Paul without getting a long term commitment from him.

Last edited by 27Lives; 11-27-2011 at 12:53 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #104
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 KSoraci7 said:

I swear some people don't think. It is not about the BEST offer. CP3 can k!ll any trade by saying he will NOT sign an extension with that team. CP3 has ALL of the leverage. They can lose him in the off-season for nothing or try to get something from the team that he wants to go to (Knicks obviously).

On a side note, what the NBA needs is draft compensation for lost Free Agents like baseball has, then teams would be guaranteed something when big stars walk. Better than nothing. The league could give those teams an opportunity in the lottery. Just a thought.
 6 years ago '05        #105
ilikefattygirlz 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,261 | Props total: 0 0
 27Lives said:
Idiot... Trading for him won't be the only to get him

Read the whole article.

Also a way that a trade can happen (I don't see it happening but can if a team is in love with getting that contract) is a 3 team trade involving Chauncey Billups contracts which indeed is something a lot of teams want. We get talent/picks from the 3rd team to send to Hornets. Anything is possible in the trade market. But for the Knicks, I doubt they do a trade.
This.......
A suck a.ss team like the Hornets would love to have that contract for rebuilding
 6 years ago '11        #106
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
that was in a free agent sign in trade u fu*king dope

first of all because a trade exception can be used in free agent sign and trades and 2nd of all because unrestricted and would of signed regardless they had no leverage

in CP3 situation you have to match the salary that CP3 makes by 75% fool there is no option FOR A TRADE EXCEPTION like a free agent
I still don't understand what the fu*k you saying.... Are you focusing on the trading for him or signing him? Cuz trading for him isn't hard salary wise. Same with signing him.. I don't see ur beef..
 6 years ago '04        #107
LovinPavan 
space
space
$5,631 | Props total: 1130 1130
the nba is a fu*king joke now.
 6 years ago '10        #108
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,589 | Props total: 30521 30521
U n*ggas that think the thunder are giving up westbrook are dumb as fu*k.

But as long as cp3 goes anywhere but NY rite ???
 6 years ago '11        #109
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
huh u tried to compare lebron james sign and trade with what would be need to do with CP3 which isnt the same... lebron was unrestrected free agent meaning there was a trade exception that could be used. not in the case with CP3

so you would need to send at least 75% in contract value to get CP3 and why the fu*k would the hornets give a fu*king superstar for chauncy billiups contract or for anybody on your roster for that matter

superstars dont grow on trees
Na I misread ur post. I thought you said that the Knicks didn't have pieces to trade for him. Not actually the "Sign and Trade" method.

As for this "why the fu*k would the hornets give a fu*king superstar for chauncy billiups contract or for anybody on your roster for that matter" They would do it if other teams don't offer anything good to them since it's known that he wants to go to NY. Also if he doesn't sign a extension with another team why would a team trade young pieces for a rental? I would think the best deal the Hornets can get is the Knicks deal. Mainly cuz of the low contracts and Billups contract. If they don't trade him, they lose him for nothing.

Last edited by 27Lives; 11-27-2011 at 02:30 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #110
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 SmoothTay said:
U n*ggas that think the thunder are giving up westbrook are dumb as fu*k.

But as long as cp3 goes anywhere but NY rite ???
LMAO! People really think a Cp3 trade will look like that. Look at the previous stars to be traded, how many of those trades have been (Star for Young/Solid/Big Expiring Contract players plus picks.

This ain't NBA 2K where you need to trade a all star for all star.
 6 years ago '10        #111
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,589 | Props total: 30521 30521
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Ignore all logic unless it has the Knicks getting Paul.

Westbrook/Aldrich/others/picks for Paul/someone else is fair deal for both sides.

Not some Iman Shumpert and Landry Fields package
Yea yea thunder not trading westbrook.
 6 years ago '11        #112
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Ignore all logic unless it has the Knicks getting Paul.

Westbrook/Aldrich/others/picks for Paul/someone else is fair deal for both sides.

Not some Iman Shumpert and Landry Fields package
May be fair.. But who to say that Paul will sign a extension with them? Also why would they break up the young core that is improving year after year?
 11-27-2011, 02:38 PM         #113
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt know their was 7 pages full of hornets and knicks fans on BX.

:hmm:
 6 years ago '11        #114
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
So you're saying Paul isn't going to sign an extension with a Top-3 team in the West, with one of the youngest rosters in the league, a superstar small forward, and in a city where he owns a home?

Ok.
And? He can just wait till the FA and sign with his good friend Melo in NY and form a big 3 there....

Until I see something that says he is open to going there I will say idk if he will sign there. You are just a.ssuming that he will say Yes to them because of those things.
 6 years ago '10        #115
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
unless the nba sells the hornets....paul is going nowhere
 6 years ago '11        #116
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
Oh and a "Westbrook/Aldrich/others/picks for Paul/someone else is fair deal for both sides." Won't work salary wise... Perkins would have to be part of the deal. I don't see the Hornets wanting that contract back with Okafor's contract already there.
 6 years ago '11        #117
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Dextromethorphan said:
unless the nba sells the hornets....paul is going nowhere
Better for the Knicks.... they won't be forced to trade for him. They can just wait till the FA
 6 years ago '10        #118
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
hornets can offer him more money....
 6 years ago '11        #119
27Lives 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Dextromethorphan said:
hornets can offer him more money....
Who says he wants to stay there? He can still go to the Knicks and get paid... :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '06        #120
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,965 | Props total: 3473 3473
^^^^

If the thunder actually offered that I can't see the hornets not taking it.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy