With lockout all but over, table is set for NY Knicks to make a deal for Hornets star Chris Paul

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
85 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
7458 pageviews
145 comments

AriGold 171 heat pts171
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 2222 2222
With lockout all but over, table is set for NY Knicks to make a deal for Hornets star Chris Paul

[pic - click to view]

The countdown to Chris Paul has begun.

The tentative agreement between NBA owners and players paves the way for Paul, the Hornets All-Star point guard, to potentially join the Knicks via a sign-and-trade, the same way his good friend Carmelo Anthony joined the Knicks nine months ago.

“Extend and trade and sign and trade are both available,” says one prominent player agent, “then it should help Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard all be able to have leverage to move teams this year if they so choose.”

The labor agreement, that still must be ratified by the players, does not include the so-called “Melo Rule” which would have prohibited players from signing Bird rights extensions with teams that acquired them via trade after July 1st and in advance of their final season under contract.

For example, if the rule had been in place last season, Anthony would not have been allowed to sign a Bird rights extension with the Knicks upon being traded by the Denver Nuggets.

During a personal appearance last month in Manhattan, Anthony laughed when he heard about the proposed “Melo Rule.”

“I’m just glad I can be part of something,” Anthony said. “When I’m dead and gone, the Melo Rule will still be here. I’m just excited that they named a rule after me.”

Instead, the Melo Rule is dead and gone which was one of the concessions by owners. The elimination of the Melo Rule is beneficial to the Knicks who have targeted Paul for nearly two years. It was at Carmelo Anthony’s wedding in July 2010 when Paul made a toast that he, Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire would “form our own Big 3” in New York. That was seven months prior to Anthony forcing his way out of Denver and onto the Knicks roster.

Coincidentally, it was LeBron James, fresh off of leaving Cleveland in order to join Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami who put the idea in Paul’s head. James, who is also close to the young point guard, told Paul that his best chance to compete for an NBA title would be to partner with Anthony and Stoudemire.

As strange as it may seem, LeBron is turning out to be a strong ally for the Knicks. He was responsible for picking the teams for the South Florida All-Star Classic last month, and as fate would have it, he made sure that Paul, Anthony and Stoudemire were on the same roster.

“Do you think Knick fans liked that” Anthony said at the time. “I’m sure they did. I liked it.”

When the NBA schedule was released over the summer, the Knicks were slated to play host to the Boston Celtics at noon on Christmas Day. That match-up will likely remain on the schedule which would make the Knicks-Celtics the first game of the 2010-11 NBA season. NBA Commissioner David Stern said early Saturday that three games will be played Christmas Day.

The possibility of Paul being on the roster by Dec. 25th is remote. If the Hornets decide to trade Paul — who will be a free agent in July — during the season, that would likely happen closer to the trading deadline. It is unclear if the league, which intends to play a 66-game season, will move the trading deadline back a week or two.

Any deal for Paul would likely include incumbent point guard Chauncey Billups, whose $14.2 million option was picked up by the Knicks in late April. Billups’ expiring contract is an a.sset that many teams will covet which makes him a prime candidate to be traded before the deadline.

Between now and Dec. 9, the start of training camp and free agency, acting general manager Glen Grunwald has several roster decisions to make. Anthony Carter, Jared Jeffries, Roger Mason, Shawne Williams and Shelden Williams are all free agents and it is likely that Jeffries and Shawne Williams will return.

On the open market, former Knick Jamal Crawford is available, but he would cost the Knicks too much. The same is true of Memphis center Marc Gasol, who is a restricted free agent. Two players that Mike D’Antoni coached in Phoenix, Kurt Thomas and Grant Hill, are more likely free-agent candidates.

It will be a hectic 28 days for the Knicks and fast-paced season, but the goal of acquiring Chris Paul is very much in the crosshairs. Good things come to those who wait. Or as Anthony tweeted on Saturday: “SHOWTIME!!!!”

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

With lockout all but over, table is set for NY Knicks to make a deal for Hornets star Chris Paul - NY Daily News

145 comments for "With lockout all but over, table is set for NY Knicks to make a deal for Hornets star Chris Paul"

6 years ago '08        #2
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
knicks dont have anything to trade. i doubt the hornets are gonna go crazy over a deal centered around a half-season of chauncey billups, and if they're lucky, an average player like landry fields. knicks would probably have better luck in free agency
 6 years ago '10        #3
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
they could just trade him to okc for russy
 6 years ago '11        #4
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,972 | Props total: 9976 9976
 Dee Grande said:
knicks dont have anything to trade. i doubt the hornets are gonna go crazy over a deal centered around a half-season of chauncey billups, and if they're lucky, an average player like landry fields. knicks would probably have better luck in free agency
And what do you call Renaldo Balkman?
 6 years ago '07        #5
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,852 | Props total: 2535 2535
If there ever was a god he'd make this happen

CP and Amare my two favorite players and actually playing on the same team?
 6 years ago '07        #6
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20028 20028
what do the knicks have to trade for CP3?
 6 years ago '11        #7
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
 6 years ago '08        #8
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
seriously tho......some of these teams fans out here trying to sign someone of significance dont realize they dont have anything to offer

bulls.....knicks...........
 6 years ago '11        #9
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 Dextromethorphan said:
they could just trade him to okc for russy
why would OKC trade their young and improving point for an injury prone paul who's been regressing
 6 years ago '07        #10
space
space
 iPunish901 said:
seriously tho......some of these teams fans out here trying to sign someone of significance dont realize they dont have anything to offer

bulls.....knicks...........
Dont speak on things you don't know about. Bulls got lots of pieces
 6 years ago '10        #11
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
 StylinOnYou said:
why would OKC trade their young and improving point for an injury prone paul who's been regressing
i guess you missed the playoffs
 6 years ago '11        #12
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 Dextromethorphan said:
i guess you missed the playoffs
so a 6 game series is more important then a player regressin for the past 2 years
 6 years ago '08        #13
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
 minimafia_aj said:
Dont speak on things you don't know about. Bulls got lots of pieces
bulls fans keep saying they want mayo.....name me one player you could give us that would be of some use to us
 6 years ago '07        #14
space
space
 iPunish901 said:
bulls fans keep saying they want mayo.....name me one player you could give us that would be of some use to us
we like mayo, yeah who wouldn't but we dont need mayo. We got lots of picks, one of which being the Bobcats, plus we got Taj. Not to mention all the SG free agents. Mayo won't be a Bull unless the Grizz just took picks. Cuz Taj is a beast, but yall got Randolph.
 6 years ago '08        #15
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
 minimafia_aj said:
we like mayo, yeah who wouldn't but we dont need mayo. We got lots of picks, one of which being the Bobcats, plus we got Taj. Not to mention all the SG free agents. Mayo won't be a Bull unless the Grizz just took picks. Cuz Taj is a beast, but yall got Randolph.
thats my point. only bulls fan with some sense
 6 years ago '10        #16
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30598 30598
Bulls fans always worried about the knicks
 6 years ago '04        #17
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,365 | Props total: 119 119
CP regressing??? n*gga please!
 6 years ago '07        #18
space
space
 SmoothTay said:
Bulls fans always worried about the knicks

Sorry we bring u back to reality with questions like what could the knicks possibly trade for an All Star PG. lol thats not us being worried.
 6 years ago '06        #19
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,980 | Props total: 3537 3537
 iPunish901 said:
thats my point. only bulls fan with some sense
f.uck you talking about

You acting like we're drooling over Mayo...we know our team's value and can get him if the Grizzles get desperate with all those salaries they're building up.

6 years ago '07        #20
Bkjj11 3550 heat pts3550
space
space
$92,665 | Props total: 70242 70242
cp3 should stay, at least his team won a game in the playoffs last year
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy