Sales of Apple’s iPhone 4S stall as handset is deemed ‘uncompetitive’

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
191 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
138 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
227 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
6730 pageviews
60 comments

kkkid 177 heat pts177
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 749 749
Sales of Apple’s iPhone 4S stall as handset is deemed ‘uncompetitive’

Sales of Apple’s iPhone 4S stall in South Korea as handset is deemed ‘uncompetitive’

By: Zach Epstein | Nov 25th, 2011 at 12:30PM
Filed Under: Business, Mobile

[pic - click to view]

Sales of Apple’s iPhone 4S have reportedly been surprisingly slow in South Korea, where wireless customers are reportedly disappointed with the phone’s poor performance and lack of features. The Korea Times on Wednesday said that customers are passing on the iPhone due to problems with the phone’s battery life and the lack of support for 4G LTE. The paper reports that pre-sales of the iPhone 4S have totaled between 150,000 and 300,000 units combined at SK Telecom and Korea Telecom, citing unnamed carrier officials in stating that a number of pre-orders have recently been cancelled. Read on for more.

“I dropped my plan to buy the iPhone 4S. It’s not wholly-new and also there are big problems relating to hardware-related issues,” one iPhone 4 owner told The Korea Times. “I am a big Apple fan. But I’m very disappointed by the uncompetitive iPhone 4S.” Local press and customers in the region have been vocal in complaining that the new iPhone failed to meet their high expectations.

The report also cites the iPhone 4S’ lack of 4G LTE compatibility as a barrier to the handset’s success. Many South Korean cell phone users seemingly have a need for speed that outweighs any desire they might have for the Apple handset. “The key point is how Korean carriers effectively manage LTE networks to attract more clients,” a mobile phone shop owner said. “Since LTE is new, there are also complaints about its quality. If LTE services do well, then more people will switch as carriers give more subsidies to customers who buy LTE smartphones.”

“Except for the ‘Siri’ function, I didn’t find any wow factors about the iPhone 4S and that’s why I decided to buy Samsung’s LTE smartphone,” one man complained. “Also Siri doesn’t support Korean language and that means the iPhone 4S is technically the same as the iPhone 4. Why should I pay more to buy the same thing? It’s nonsense to purchase the 4S just to show my personal tribute to the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs”

Internationally, Apple’s latest iPhone has seen record sales following its launch. Apple announced that it sold more than 4 million iPhone 4S handsets during the device’s debut weekend, making it the fastest-selling smartphone in history despite launching in just seven markets.

[pic - click to view]

Sales of Apple's iPhone 4S stall in South Korea as handset is deemed 'uncompetitive'

60 comments for "Sales of Apple’s iPhone 4S stall as handset is deemed ‘uncompetitive’"

6 years ago '08        #2
King Jackson 86 heat pts86
space
space
$5,455 | Props total: 2080 2080
He's coming..
 6 years ago '04        #3
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 Pro337 said:
He's coming..

wait for it........

Last edited by J2hott23; 11-25-2011 at 03:13 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #4
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #5
kkkid 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$3,712 | Props total: 749 749

[pic - click to view]

And it’s not like iPhone 4S users in some other markets aren’t feeling buyer’s remorse. Us? Forget the handset, it’ll be old news by the next summer anyway. What matters is that with the iPhone 4S came Siri, an exclusive feature deemed a world-changing event, and rightfully if we may add.

Apple’s fierce competitors in the smartphone space are looking to exploit its perceived weaknesses (iDon’t and Pretty, anyone?), ranging from lack of high-speed 4G LTE cellular data to unchanged design to the oh-not-so-monstrous 3.5-inch display. Perhaps it’s this familiarity of the tech-savvy South Korean phone buyers – coupled with the iPhone 4S’s lack of 4G LTE – that led Samsung to forgo its previously threatened sales blockage of Apple’s handset in the county? On another thought, Samsung “made up” for that concession by airing an advert bashing those that would wait in the line for an iPhone 4S, didn’t they?

They apparently sold below 150,000 pre-orders since the device hit South Korea November 4. The story came from the mouth of an unnamed SK Telecom executive and a 31-year-old iPhone 4 user who dropped a planned iPhone 4S purchase due to “hardware-related issues”.

Seriously? Didn’t we establish battery woes as software-driven? The report cites other woes such as noises during 3G-based calls and while operating video functions. Let’s be honest here, iPhone 4S does have its share of teething problems, just like any other Apple product. But the South Koreans appear to be really freaking out over a lack of 4G LTE:

The rising appetite for LTE smartphones in South Korea replaces any desire for the Apple iPhone 4S, officials and experts said.

4G LTE has hit the ground running in the country. Carriers SK Telecom and LG Uplus sold over 500,000 pricey LTE plans since late-September introduction. The Korea Communications Commission expects the number of LTE phone users in the country to top 1.5 million by the year’s end. Not having support for 4G LTE radio technology on the iconic device in the 48 million people market that is leading the world in Internet speeds and is defined by the demanding, tech-savvy consumers? Yeah, this can lead to some friction.

6 years ago '11        #6
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
 Pro337 said:
He's coming..
 J2hott23 said:

wait for it........
 KURUPTION!!! said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #7
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 kkkid said:
Internationally, Apple’s latest iPhone has seen record sales following its launch. Apple announced that it sold more than 4 million iPhone 4S handsets during the device’s debut weekend, making it the fastest-selling smartphone in history despite launching in just seven markets.[/CENTER]

South Korea? Really tho? Ain't that Samsung HQ? Ya'll this desperate? That's like being surprised ATT outsells Verizon in Texas. Ya'll are rookies at this or what?

I bolded the quote that matters, let me requote that again:

making it the fastest-selling smartphone in history despite launching in just seven markets.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Yo wheres that Samsung commercial at? 1 or 2 people coming up with the Galaxy while there a pack of Apple customers... Samsung be riding Apple like some ho's.

STAY. IN. YO. LANE. bi*ch!
 6 years ago '07        #8
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,386 | Props total: 13040 13040
u guys totally forgot, sales figures only matter when they benefit apple. we have to disregard the fact that android handsets r absolutely crushing iphones. that's the golden rule.
 6 years ago '11        #9
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
u guys totally forgot, sales figures only matter when they benefit apple. we have to disregard the fact that android handsets r absolutely crushing iphones. that's the golden rule.
Are you surprised that Playstation outsells XBox in Japan?

I swear these n*ggas are retarded... damn it's like ya'll are so so desperate that you let simple logic slip by you.

I mean, ya'll are surprised that Apple is being outsold by Samsung in a country where, Samsung HQ's at, Siri doesn't work, and there is no LTE on the iPhone for a country that uses it as its standard for smartphones...

In case ya'll are missing my message, I'm not sure why this is surprising.

Honestly, how many people here take/took the small yellow bus to school?

Oh yeah:

making it the fastest-selling smartphone in history despite launching in just seven markets.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by PTC; 11-25-2011 at 08:41 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #10
space
space
how about the world, fu*ktard?
 6 years ago '04        #11
J2hott23 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,536 | Props total: 34 34
 PTC said:
South Korea? Really tho? Ain't that Samsung HQ? Ya'll this desperate? That's like being surprised ATT outsells Verizon in Texas. Ya'll are rookies at this or what?

I bolded the quote that matters, let me requote that again:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Yo wheres that Samsung commercial at? 1 or 2 people coming up with the Galaxy while there a pack of Apple customers... Samsung be riding Apple like some ho's.

STAY. IN. YO. LANE. bi*ch!
There he is!!
 6 years ago '11        #12
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
how about the world, fu*ktard?

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #13
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
guys its just phones...you don't even own shares of the company...wow.
 11-25-2011, 09:02 PM         #14
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jesusplay said:
doesn't matter...att's 3g is faster than 80% of any other carries data speeds...sure verzion or etc has 4g but only in like 30 cities
Umm have you seen AT&T's actual LTE speeds? sh*t is CRAY. They beating the breaks off of even Verizon so far. As this sh*t rolls out, Im gonna be in fu*king Nirvana. My torrent app is ready.

Ya'll this desperate?
n*gga who the fu*k is 'yall' The news agencies? The purchase diary corporations that track the numbers? Reality? n*gga screaming on the thread starter like its HIS fault the media is running this story.

Dextromethorphan said:
guys its just phones...you don't even own shares of the company...wow.

PTC gets emotional over this stuff. They was doing a countdown waiting on that n*gga
 6 years ago '07        #15
space
space
i wonder if apple got a gold star sticker for being the "fastest selling"
 11-25-2011, 09:09 PM         #16
Andhily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PTC is Lisa
 6 years ago '11        #17
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 joshdogg26 said:
i wonder if apple got a gold star sticker for being the "fastest selling"
but we know Android gets d!ckriders happy when there is an article about Apple not selling well in South Korea aka Samsung HQ.
 6 years ago '11        #18
hayday12 85 heat pts85
space
space
$2,521 | Props total: 764 764
The way people ride for a company you would swear they were getting paid from them.
 6 years ago '11        #19
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
 Cipherr said:

n*gga who the fu*k is 'yall' The news agencies? The purchase diary corporations that track the numbers? Reality? n*gga screaming on the thread starter like its HIS fault the media is running this story.
Whose desperate? Look at the thread title and the actual title of the article. South Korea seems to be 2 important missing words. I wonder why?

Desperate. n*ggas.

...Dont' worry, I'll make an Android thread and cut off some key words to make it misleading and you'll see what happens here on BX.

6 years ago '09        #20
mtva24 224 heat pts224
space
space
$8,821 | Props total: 1138 1138
 Pro337 said:
He's coming..
 J2hott23 said:

wait for it........
 KURUPTION!!! said:

[pic - click to view]

Jesszman said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago