Future Hall of Fame quarterbacks that are still active

most viewed right now
 67
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
33 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 41
Damn!! Is all I can say
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #121
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 maxnn said:
You guys are being WAY too picky. 20 years ago, with 4 less teams, 8 HOF qbs were playing. Some of you only have Brady and P Manning as locks?
are you counting people like Moon and Aikman who played in the 80s, but also in the 2000s? or are you saying that in the year 82, there were 8 HOF QBs playing? because the latter would say 3 were playing...the former wouldn't even be a good indication, because we could name 8 QBs who are going to come out of the zone of 2000-2020(2 of them are already in there)
 6 years ago '04        #122
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$20,194 | Props total: 3340 3340
 DymeKatcha said:
Yo I'm over here thinking the same sh*t... Like are you serious, if rivers and vick are considered, Romo is Def considered above them. He has one of the best QB ratings in league history already and already has broken like every cowboy record damn near.. But he can even be mention on the bubble, yea fu*king right.. If he wins a superbowl or 2, hes def getting in..

Romo will NEVER win a Superbowl and continue to choke during the big games, therefore no HOF, Hall of Shame is a much stronger possibility.

Brees is a much better QB then Big Ben and has 1 Superbowl already so if Ben goes Brees goes.
 6 years ago '04        #123
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
Rodgers with another ring is a lock, doubt he goes off last year and balling getting an MVP this year, if he gets another ring this year an undefeated, which is asking a lot, he's in
 6 years ago '10        #124
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 wjcorner said:
he might get in off his skin color...probably the best black QB to ever play the game
That doesn't make sense at all. Success wise...McNabb was a top 5-10 QB for most of his career. That's less to do with skin color and more to do with the fact that he's done more than most Qbs have in the league especially in his prime.

Teams are in the middle of a f!ght to make the playoffs right now. Consider that...and then consider the playoff success the guy had. It is really hard and people dismiss it

 e180th said:
why are people picking McNabb over Eli?
 wjcorner said:
people watch too much sportscenter :dead. McNabb hasn't hit 20 TDs for half his career, hit 30 TDs ONCE, and has NEVER hit 4000...Eli has had the better career up until this point, and he has a ring. Eli is closer right now. I agree neither are true locks, but Eli is definitely closer, barring some catastrophe
It has nothing to do with too much sportscenter. Personally...HOF wise I don't go by stats alone really...I go by dominance. Once upon a time...McNabb...yes McNabb was one of the most special Qbs in the league. In his prime defenses respected and feared his abilities because he was a playmaker. It wasn't all hype. Aside from Manning and Brady...what other Qb for most of the 2000s really held it down? It's only when Big Ben and Eli came in that you could say "Hmm maybe"

And before you mention the defense...keep in mind that pretty much every successful Super Bowl team has had a top 10 defense. According to NFL Network 38 of 45 SB winning teams had a top 10 defense

Eli has never really been dominant. He's the best right now...but if you were to put them side by side during their tenure McNabb owned Eli and the Giants. Oh and as for the numbers you mentioned....keep in mind that McNabb was very injury prone. For several of his seasons he was averaging 250-300 yards a game and got injured or in last year's case...got benched. And let's not forget what he did rushing wise

As of now...I don't think he should make the HOF...because he hasn't done anything in the last 2 years. Then again...he ended up on 2 horrid teams who aren't any better off without him at the moment and at this point he may have to absorb his 3rd playbook since leaving Philly should he leave the Vikings
 6 years ago '10        #125
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 wjcorner said:
are you counting people like Moon and Aikman who played in the 80s, but also in the 2000s? or are you saying that in the year 82, there were 8 HOF QBs playing? because the latter would say 3 were playing...the former wouldn't even be a good indication, because we could name 8 QBs who are going to come out of the zone of 2000-2020(2 of them are already in there)
20 years ago was the 90s buddy...
 6 years ago '08        #126
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$32,891 | Props total: 12601 12601
 Smoke500 said:
That doesn't make sense at all. Success wise...McNabb was a top 5-10 QB for most of his career. That's less to do with skin color and more to do with the fact that he's done more than most Qbs have in the league especially in his prime.

Teams are in the middle of a f!ght to make the playoffs right now. Consider that...and then consider the playoff success the guy had. It is really hard and people dismiss it





It has nothing to do with too much sportscenter. Personally...HOF wise I don't go by stats alone really...I go by dominance. Once upon a time...McNabb...yes McNabb was one of the most special Qbs in the league. In his prime defenses respected and feared his abilities because he was a playmaker. It wasn't all hype. Aside from Manning and Brady...what other Qb for most of the 2000s really held it down? It's only when Big Ben and Eli came in that you could say "Hmm maybe"

And before you mention the defense...keep in mind that pretty much every successful Super Bowl team has had a top 10 defense. According to NFL Network 38 of 45 SB winning teams had a top 10 defense

Eli has never really been dominant. He's the best right now...but if you were to put them side by side during their tenure McNabb owned Eli and the Giants. Oh and as for the numbers you mentioned....keep in mind that McNabb was very injury prone. For several of his seasons he was averaging 250-300 yards a game and got injured or in last year's case...got benched. And let's not forget what he did rushing wise

As of now...I don't think he should make the HOF...because he hasn't done anything in the last 2 years. Then again...he ended up on 2 horrid teams who aren't any better off without him at the moment and at this point he may have to absorb his 3rd playbook since leaving Philly should he leave the Vikings

Great post. n*ggaz sleeping on Superfive.
 6 years ago '10        #127
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
Qbs like Schaub, Rivers, or Romo would never have a shot at this point. Qbs like Eli, McNabb, and Big Ben would deserve to get in before them. You guys talk about stats...if you look throughout history there are several Qbs passing for plenty of yards and tds and some of em you may not have heard of.

But Schaub, Rivers, or Romo haven't dominated the league. And by dominate...I mean winning consistently, dominating in the playoffs...playing in several big games. Making historical plays in the playoffs like Eli escaping out of the grasps of the Pats to throw a helmet catch to Tyree...or Big Ben throwing in the corner of the endzone to win the game...or McNabb converting 4th and 26 and taking the Eagles to another NFC Championship. Schaub, Rivers, or Romo have never had that special "it"...at least not yet that would make someone discuss them for HOF. Big Ben, Eli, and yes even once upon a time McNabb had that magic and that respect around the league that allows them to be discussed right now. Like I said in an earlier post...the only person who would get dropped off would be McNabb but he would get in before Schaub, Rivers, or Romo
 6 years ago '11        #128
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
how do you agree that McNabb probably wouldn't get in(I gave him a stretch because whether you want to acknowledge it, people will probably consider him the best to 2nd best black QB to play the game) then write 3 paragragps trying to argue lol? He made those plays but Vick made a hell of a lot of plays for 3 playoff teams, Sanchez has made huge plays for the Jets...you still need that day in day out consistency. McNabb never had that except the year Owens was with him. If you want to make the talent around him argument, fair, and I wouldn't argue with you. But that system has plugged a plethora of qbs in that system and made the playoffs...you could easily give that reign of dominance credit more towards Reid than McNabb...

And in 92, off top, all I can think of is 4 HOFs...
 6 years ago '05        #129
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 wjcorner said:
I don't know if Drew Brees will make HOF...way too many great QBs in this era...Romo gonna get a ballot if he brings a bowl to Dallas because he's a Dallas QB, Rodgers on his way, Eli will get it off namesake if he keeps improving, plus the young talent that's popping up.
A SB Champ, a SB MVP, about to challenge Marino's record yet again and will go down as one of the greatest passers of all time. Brees you dont know and Romo if he wins a ship
 6 years ago '04        #130
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 The Blueprint said:
Great post. n*ggaz sleeping on Superfive.
I won't quote him cuz his post is way too long but, Mcnabb although I enjoyed watching him play, only had 5 winning seasons in his career and only played all 16 games 4 times, he always was good at not turning it over but was never very accurate, making the playoffs for half of his career is nice , he's had a career similar to brunells minus the Super Bowl appearance, or here's one, Randall cunningham, he would make it over Mcnabb

and I know were talking current, I'm just comparing similar players for hofs induction sake and where his career has similarities
 6 years ago '11        #131
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 rynell said:
A SB Champ, a SB MVP, about to challenge Marino's record yet again and will go down as one of the greatest passers of all time. Brees you dont know and Romo if he wins a ship
brees is definitely a better player, but romo is political...he'd, of course, have to get his career back on track in the second half along with a bowl, but Dallas QBs always get the most media press, and the media has a hand in the hall of fame ballots if he take marino's record I'd be surprised if Brees didn't get in also, though
 6 years ago '05        #132
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 wjcorner said:
brees is definitely a better player, but romo is political...he'd, of course, have to get his career back on track in the second half along with a bowl, but Dallas QBs always get the most media press, and the media has a hand in the hall of fame ballots when he take marino's record I'd be surprised if Brees didn't get in also, though
fixed
 6 years ago '05        #133
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 trb_5 said:
brees is the guy on the bubble...i know his resume has a lot of stats but i am not convinced still

the other 3 qbs had each had something special about them

brady- with the 50 td season and the 3 superbowls etc.

ben roth- being able to win 2 superbowls and being able to scramble out the pocket and the gamewinning drives he had in the superbowls

manning- with the swag he has at the line of scrimmage and having brady-like stats
brees is really really good but he hasnt done enough to seperate himself to that HOF level like the other 3
So winning a SB MVP along with having numerous passing records(comp % in a SB,comp % yards etc)threatening Mariono's record again(he will surpass it this year), most passing yards first 11 games(broke his own 2009 record) is nothing special? Im sure I left out a bunch of other passing records. Brees isn't even done yet......he's only 31 he has alot more to add to his HOF resume and he's already HOF worthy.
 6 years ago '05        #134
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
Corner dont ever mention Schaub in the same sentence with Down right disrespectful.
 6 years ago '04        #135
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 rynell said:
So winning a SB MVP along with having numerous passing records(comp % in a SB,comp % yards etc)threatening Mariono's record again(he will surpass it this year), most passing yards first 11 games(broke his own 2009 record) is nothing special? Im sure I left out a bunch of other passing records. Brees isn't even done yet......he's only 31 he has alot more to add to his HOF resume and he's already HOF worthy.
Brees' is one of the best passers in history, he's eleventh in tds all time currently and adding on, 8th in career passer ratings, second in yards per game for career, he's first in attempts/completions per game for career, 3rd in completion percentage for career, twelfth all time in total offense as of now,
 6 years ago '10        #136
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 wjcorner said:
how do you agree that McNabb probably wouldn't get in(I gave him a stretch because whether you want to acknowledge it, people will probably consider him the best to 2nd best black QB to play the game) then write 3 paragragps trying to argue lol? He made those plays but Vick made a hell of a lot of plays for 3 playoff teams, Sanchez has made huge plays for the Jets...you still need that day in day out consistency. McNabb never had that except the year Owens was with him. If you want to make the talent around him argument, fair, and I wouldn't argue with you. But that system has plugged a plethora of qbs in that system and made the playoffs...you could easily give that reign of dominance credit more towards Reid than McNabb...

And in 92, off top, all I can think of is 4 HOFs...
Look at the context and perspective of my argument

Will he get in at this point? No...not unless he has a major career turnaround

Giving Reid the credit? Really? Reid is a good coach...but can it possibly mean that he also knows how to pick QBs? Kolb has never proven a thing and Vick was always talented. He sucked in Atl due to laziness and unwillingness to pass. And before you mention Jeff Garcia or others....if you look back you'd realize that they did okay in his absence due to gameplanning(such as running the ball more..that was Westbrook's 1000 yard season I believe). That is no different from any other team finding a way to win games when their star Qb goes down. In fact....the Steelers won their 1st 4 last year in absence of Big Ben. Unless you believe that his backups were just as good....

All I am saying is that in his prime...McNabb dominated the league and won consistently. That is a fact. You look at his winning record...the fact that Td-int wise his td numbers weren't much apart from Brady's until Brady's 50 td season....not to mention his playoff numbers which are actually deceptively good....and the argument only falters because he's aged. NOT because he's just some black QB people give credit too...but because as a QB he was one of the best. WAS being the key word of course
 6 years ago '04        #137
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 Smoke500 said:
Look at the context and perspective of my argument

Will he get in at this point? No...not unless he has a major career turnaround

Giving Reid the credit? Really? Reid is a good coach...but can it possibly mean that he also knows how to pick QBs? Kolb has never proven a thing and Vick was always talented. He sucked in Atl due to laziness and unwillingness to pass. And before you mention Jeff Garcia or others....if you look back you'd realize that they did okay in his absence due to gameplanning(such as running the ball more..that was Westbrook's 1000 yard season I believe). That is no different from any other team finding a way to win games when their star Qb goes down. In fact....the Steelers won their 1st 4 last year in absence of Big Ben. Unless you believe that his backups were just as good....

All I am saying is that in his prime...McNabb dominated the league and won consistently. That is a fact. You look at his winning record...the fact that Td-int wise his td numbers weren't much apart from Brady's until Brady's 50 td season....not to mention his playoff numbers which are actually deceptively good....and the argument only falters because he's aged. NOT because he's just some black QB people give credit too...but because as a QB he was one of the best. WAS being the key word of course
you say his stats were similar to Brady before 07, but, Brady wouldn't have been a hof without those ring before 07 either
 6 years ago '08        #138
asoria85 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,204 | Props total: 23 23
romo wins superbowl this year
 6 years ago '11        #139
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 rynell said:
Corner dont ever mention Schaub in the same sentence with Down right disrespectful.
n*gga you sounding like a homer

Act like Brees' years in 06 and 07 aren't akin to the numbers schaub put up the past 2 years???? Gtfo here with that...brees was a good QB for 3-4 years, a really good QB for 2 years, and has been great since 08...you acting like i said it would be a disgrace to the hall if he got in...i just think because he didn't dominate as THE best for a stint of time, and he didn't play in a big market team that he could end up missing out unless he does some other things in his career
 6 years ago '05        #140
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
avatar space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
 wjcorner said:
n*gga you sounding like a homer

Act like Brees' years in 06 and 07 aren't akin to the numbers schaub put up the past 2 years???? Gtfo here with that...brees was a good QB for 3-4 years, a really good QB for 2 years, and has been great since 08...you acting like i said it would be a disgrace to the hall if he got in...i just think because he didn't dominate as THE best for a stint of time, and he didn't play in a big market team that he could end up missing out unless he does some other things in his career
I say that bc Matt Schaub has durability issues Brees doesn't ....check
Schaub isn't clutch Brees is....check
Schaub isn't a SB winning MVP Brees is.......check
How many passing records does Schaub own compared to Brees?
Has Schaub has never taken the Texans to the Playoffs?
..............see where I'm going with this

Schaub was a sh**ty comparison......not even close is what I'm saying. There are plenty of non Saints fans on here agreeing that Brees is HOF material........so how am I being a homer?

If Im sounding like a homer you're sounding like a hater bc yall stuck with Matty Slush


Last edited by Saintaholic; 12-01-2011 at 03:19 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 29
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 4
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 3
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy