Nov 20 - Best Buy Workers Protest Black Friday Hours

most viewed right now
 123
Image(s) inside Diddy pens letter to Pusha and Kanye proclaiming "Daytona" a CLASSIC
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 91
yall seen this bi-ch fu-king yet? my word!
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 73
Image(s) inside Finished my 18 years of child support
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 67
I will marry this woman for real.
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #161
Keno 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$7,509 | Props total: 6759 6759
 Cooked Brickz said:
To everyone saying "Well, be grateful that you ATLEAST have a job", you have obviously not worked in a retail environment. It's like getting hit in the face with a steel bat, multiple times. That sh*t is THE worst, especially on Black Friday. I can tell all of you work at your comfortable desks all day on a 9-5, with holidays off.
I work my comfortable desk job and make the same thing bestbuy workers make... but hey Im in school who's complaining.
 7 years ago '04        #162
downtown33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
all these dudes in here talkin bout the market and be grateful for your job are a bunch of hoes man, everything about our corporate environment is unamerican, wanna know what it would be like 2 live under a dictatorship?? just look at how our corporations treat their employees, and please n*gga they dont give holiday pay for black friday, i would pay to not be anywhere near those stores on black friday, its sick twisted commercially driven ignorance en mass, fuk all that, and fuk christmas too, the season of giving and trampling other people 2 death 2 save $10
 7 years ago '04        #163
downtown33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
employees need 2 stage a walk out in the most busiest part of black friday, maybe then these corporations will learn to treat the workers better, i would love to see the look on those evil drones faces when the cashier just walks out and these fu*ks dont know what 2 do, it would be pure joy
 7 years ago '04        #164
nwo504 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$13,692 | Props total: 8605 8605
they are getting treated like slaves they dont give a fu*k
 7 years ago '04        #165
downtown33 
space
avatar space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
 Niggy said:
Wont be more money per say but it will look better to investors compared to last years number since it will be basically a 4-5 hour time-frame that's "not budgeted".
this is the whole reason our economy is fu*ked right now, companies ability to manipulate numbers, like generally accepted accounting principles instead of accounting regulations, our country worries more about policing marijuana and the average citizen who pays for the police force rather than policing true white collar crimes which affect a larger percentage of the population, we could probably blame every problem in america on unregulated corporations
kinda off topic but in the same sense its not, this is the basis for corruption
 7 years ago '04        #166
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$19,188 | Props total: 3864 3864
glad i work in food right now :dancingcool: bout the only time tho

hate working 5am-2 or 3pm 4 days a week on a regular basis
 7 years ago '04        #167
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,118 | Props total: 197 197
I work there... those hours are suspect for real though... but it is what it is. I don't go in until 5..
 7 years ago '04        #168
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,118 | Props total: 197 197
 Super-C said:
Hey yo best buy heads........what do they mean by ” you need a ticket to purchase this item in stores”?......seen this sh*t in the black friday email
exactly that. you need a ticket for the item. they pass them out to the ppl waiting in line about an hr or so before the stores open.
 7 years ago '04        #169
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 848 848
 downtown33 said:
companies ability to manipulate numbers, like generally accepted accounting principles instead of accounting regulations
what?
 11-21-2011, 01:46 PM         #170
Niggy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 balla9969 said:
im 6am to 345pm so we good :dancingcool:

11pm-6am then 6pm-1030pm
 7 years ago '07        #171
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,894 | Props total: 733 733
 Niggy said:
11pm-6am then 6pm-1030pm
yea everyone who opens have a split shift smh
 7 years ago '04        #172
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,332 | Props total: 641 641
 stl12188 said:
you're really going to tell me people that collect unemployment for like 2 years can't find a single job at all?

If you don't even have a GED or got like 5 felonies I guess it's understandable but that's their problem, shouldn't have fu*ked up.

EDIT: I do agree that there aren't enough for everyone right now, but there is always unemployment. I agree the economy sucks and LOTS of people are underemployed, but anyone who says they can't find a single job after like 3 months of looking isn't trying hard enough. Go flip burgers and work your way up.
1. not everyone gets unemployment, its easier to not get unemployment then it is to actually get unemployment

2. i'll use me for example, i have a degree, had a couple of retail jobs, moved from south louisiana to north louisiana to continue my education. been here for damn near 2 years, filled out jobs from bk.(ive worked in fast food) to wal mart(where i've worked twice) to office jobs and i havent got a job yet...

3. i can't file for unemployment because i had to quit my job to move, but even if i had got fired etc etc...i still wouldn't have been able to file, there's alot of loop holes for companies to not have to pay unemployment

so while people are complaining about working for black friday. i'd be more than happy to, i dont see the problem in being able to spend thanksgiving afternoon with ur fam, then going to work at 10 or 11 till 5 or 6 am, sleeping then going back to work later that day... when i worked two jobs i did that regularly imo having to work on
Thanksgiving day is alot more worse than having to go in at 10pm thanksgiving night...i can party on satruday
 7 years ago '07        #173
Dat_BK_Nicca 49 heat pts49
space
avatar space
space
$8,549 | Props total: 1134 1134
i work at best buy and im doing 12 am - 12 pm, i aint complaining
 7 years ago '04        #174
SiXkIlS 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,200 | Props total: 956 956
lol seriously fire these people.

u got ppl in this thread saying they got degrees, but cant get a job at bk..lmfao..how much educamacation has got you? atleast u deserve a job, not these people who try to use every holiday to sit at home.
 7 years ago '05        #175
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$5,575 | Props total: 52 52
 SiqkWidaPen said:
1. not everyone gets unemployment, its easier to not get unemployment then it is to actually get unemployment

2. i'll use me for example, i have a degree, had a couple of retail jobs, moved from south louisiana to north louisiana to continue my education. been here for damn near 2 years, filled out jobs from bk.(ive worked in fast food) to wal mart(where i've worked twice) to office jobs and i havent got a job yet...

3. i can't file for unemployment because i had to quit my job to move, but even if i had got fired etc etc...i still wouldn't have been able to file, there's alot of loop holes for companies to not have to pay unemployment

so while people are complaining about working for black friday. i'd be more than happy to, i dont see the problem in being able to spend thanksgiving afternoon with ur fam, then going to work at 10 or 11 till 5 or 6 am, sleeping then going back to work later that day... when i worked two jobs i did that regularly imo having to work on
Thanksgiving day is alot more worse than having to go in at 10pm thanksgiving night...i can party on satruday
I agree that they shouldn't complain about having to work, it sucks but lots of people have to work different holidays. Sorry to hear you can't get a job, just from what I've seen here in CT i know lots of people who have been getting seasonal jobs at places or I constantly see people talking about getting new jobs or changing jobs on facebook so maybe it's just not as bad around here.

Have you tried substitute teaching? I don't know how it is in Louisiana but up here most schools are usually looking for some. Not sure if they hire more at the beginning of the year because I just started last month, but up here you need a bachelors to do it at most schools and you get $75 a day for going and babysitting some kids.
 7 years ago '05        #176
shankems2000 
space
space
space
$1,027 | Props total: 0 0
Lol I'm glad i.stopped working there. I was doing a.sset protection too (the guys at the front in yellow shirts making sure you bum a.ss n*ggas don't steel sh*t.)

That sh*t was cray!

But lol at you n*ggas saying people would love those sh*t retail jobs. You really think an out of work engineer is gonna take a job for 9 bucks an hour??? Lol retail sux!!
 7 years ago '04        #177
ImmortalGuru 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$9,562 | Props total: 668 668
 Cooked Brickz said:
To everyone saying "Well, be grateful that you ATLEAST have a job", you have obviously not worked in a retail environment. It's like getting hit in the face with a steel bat, multiple times. That sh*t is THE worst, especially on Black Friday. I can tell all of you work at your comfortable desks all day on a 9-5, with holidays off.
Try working in retail for 11 years straight bruh, working 8 of those on Black Friday, 6 of those 8 years being at Best Buy.

But I will say, I am grateful for my 9am-5:30pm desk job as a web developer now. ^_^
 7 years ago '04        #178
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 89 89
 shankems2000 said:
Lol I'm glad i.stopped working there. I was doing a.sset protection too (the guys at the front in yellow shirts making sure you bum a.ss n*ggas don't steel sh*t.)

That sh*t was cray!

But lol at you n*ggas saying people would love those sh*t retail jobs. You really think an out of work engineer is gonna take a job for 9 bucks an hour??? Lol retail sux!!


ive done everything i can possibly do. i plan on this being my last black friday.
 7 years ago '09        #179
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
avatar space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
They should just be happy to have employment. I'd tell anybody that doesn't want to work, no problem, I'll find someone that does.
 7 years ago '04        #180
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,934 | Props total: 2134 2134
 ImmortalGuru said:
Try working in retail for 11 years straight bruh, working 8 of those on Black Friday, 6 of those 8 years being at Best Buy.

But I will say, I am grateful for my 9am-5:30pm desk job as a web developer now. ^_^
I used to work at AMC and the holiday movie goers were straight as*holes.

I am so greatful for my comfy desk job. Best of luck to all those working this weekend.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Video inside You like t**ties? You'll like these ones... MILFY
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside A Nice Palmed Sized Moroccan Ass
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Jas Prince got Cuban links for da feets
21 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside May 23 - tough on crime republican state representative cries when caug..
63 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
NBA GS fans, how worried are you?
100 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside How is Tru Life still breaded after he did years in prison & neva went..
112 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
May 23 - 7-Eleven Planning To Sell CBD Products in 4,000 Locations
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside Ring Doorbell Test
6 comments
2 days ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy