Nov 20 - Best Buy Workers Protest Black Friday Hours

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
CDotHenry 
space
space
$938 | Props total: 0 0
 SpyDa said:
glad i quit working at that place....
Same thing I was going to say. I miss the discount though :(
 6 years ago '04        #142
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,905 | Props total: 2539 2539
 CDotHenry said:
Same thing I was going to say. I miss the discount though :(
look at my last post in here and you will take back that last statement...
 11-21-2011, 11:46 AM         #143
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Suppafresh said:
Why they complaining its one day out the year? Ask some of my military folks how many birthdays, weddings, graduation, kids birth, holidays, funerals, and good times cause of a job that u don't even get a choice of hours u work. U blessed if u get more than 3 hours of sleep when u deployed.

No one is saying that they are not appreciative of having a job. The problem is that with jobs like these they always change the rules at a moment's notice without any regard to the actual workforce that it affects, all while the upper management is reaping the benefits and doesn't have to adher at all to those same rules that THEY put in place. Moreover, where does it end, because next year they might change the time again or have it to where you actually will work on Thanksgiving Day, with no holiday pay given, no real time to spend with families and worked till you fall out because they know that they can hold possible unemployment over your head, and not hire any help for the holidays thereby putting all the work on you while the management is cheesing. Also, in case you weren't aware, in retail, major holidays are usually blacked out for taking off, so any holiday that they consider "major" *i.e July 4th, Labor Day, Easter, Memorial Day, etc you are not going to get it off, trust me.
 6 years ago '09        #144
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 1820 1820
 ike! said:
You sound brainwashed. "Be happy you have a job" is not the real world. I am better than any of the other people who interviewed for my job. I bring value to the position in a way that almost guarantees I won't just be let go or laid off out of nowhere. Could they find others to do my job if they had to, sure they could, but they won't. I know it, they know it.

Your mentality will get you no where quick. Get some confidence, and if you truly are a valuable a.sset to your company you will not get treated like sh*t.

"Be happy you have a job" is a way for companies to treat their employees like garbage and justify it.

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.

Nobody believes this sh*t.

Get in where you fit in n*gga.

You ain't Beyonce mafucca. Ole think I'm irreplaceable a.ss n*gga.
 11-21-2011, 11:47 AM         #145
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SpyDa said:
look at my last post in here and you will take back that last statement...
Exactly, and there is rumors that they are thinking about lowering it again smh
 6 years ago '04        #146
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
 Hotboy1982 said:
Exactly, and there is rumors that they are thinking about lowering it again smh

i was there for 7 years. I saw the have the fun while being the best convert over to profit profit profit. When it converted over to well we cant get as much services and Black tie we need to cut discount and get rid of weekend warriors i bailed out 3 months ago...

i still got homies and connects in there and they are all leaving. claiming how bad its getting...

left and never looked back
 6 years ago '04        #147
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
thas bullsh*t..best buy tryin to squeeze every last dime out of n*ggas..look, if u were gonna shop on black friday, u were gonna shop on black friday..ur not gaining customers just cuz u open earlier..if anything ur loosing business cuz some people actually do want to spend time with the fam and chill out for a day without worryin about bein a slave and actually, u kno? live..have a little bit of free will
 6 years ago '11        #148
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,393 | Props total: 3863 3863
1. U can't let companies keep trying to take away our lives. In the next few years, they will start opening at 12pm on thanksgiving. Completely erasing all tradition and making this day into a giant retail orgy like that bullsh*t a.ss christmas.

2. Y'all aren't thinking at all about sleep. People won't be able to be with their families at all on thanksgiving because they have to work all night. U can't stay up eating and laughing with your fam all day, then try and go to work all night. But most people will have to try.

3. I worked at target for a few months in college. I quit right before black Friday and spent that time with my fam and friends. Of course, not everyone is in a position to just walk away from there job.

4. Stop taking up for these companies. Of course they say that people want them to be open sooner. They say whatever they want because they know a bunch of poor people are gonna eat that sh*t up and side with them. At every part of this country's history we have had to f!ght these companies from trying to control our lives and enslave us. Stop making it so easy. Y'all crab in the bucket, scabs a.ss n*ggaz talking bout "do what the job says and don't complain cuz I will come do that job instead." Y'all are the reason strikes and protests don't work out.
 6 years ago '11        #149
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,393 | Props total: 3863 3863
 Jussn Kredible said:
thas bullsh*t..best buy tryin to squeeze every last dime out of n*ggas..look, if u were gonna shop on black friday, u were gonna shop on black friday..ur not gaining customers just cuz u open earlier..if anything ur loosing business cuz some people actually do want to spend time with the fam and chill out for a day without worryin about bein a slave and actually, u kno? live..have a little bit of free will
Exactly. I don't see how they can possibly stand to make more money by opening earlier and earlier. But people will accept that sh*t without even thinking.
 11-21-2011, 12:26 PM         #150
Niggy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wont be more money per say but it will look better to investors compared to last years number since it will be basically a 4-5 hour time-frame that's "not budgeted".
 6 years ago '06        #151
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,099 | Props total: 219 219
Protesting:

You're doing it wrong.
 6 years ago '04        #152
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
 Niggy said:
Wont be more money per say but it will look better to investors compared to last years number since it will be basically a 4-5 hour time-frame that's "not budgeted".

he know whats up
 11-21-2011, 12:44 PM         #153
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stl12188 said:
Didn't read the whole thread but looked around it a bit.

I keep seeing people saying "be thankful you have a job, there's millions of people who would k!ll for a job." blah blah blah. Tell these people to go flip burgers at McDonalds or BK if they are so desperate. I know people don't want to take a job they are overqualified for, but jobs are out there if you look hard enough. There's no way in hell that dudes can be unemployed for 100 weeks and not find a single job if they're really searching.

As far as working Black Friday goes, it does kind of suck because dudes don't get holiday pay (even though a lot of people in here seem to think they do), but it's one over-night shift. Deal with it.
lol u sound like a naive fool....most jobs simply dont exist...the media lie about the #s to keep high hopes but in reality were in a depression....u have to many many with few jobs...
 6 years ago '05        #154
Super-C 25 heat pts25
space
space
$2,437 | Props total: 1 1
Hey yo best buy heads........what do they mean by ” you need a ticket to purchase this item in stores”?......seen this sh*t in the black friday email
 6 years ago '06        #155
NCAT_Boi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,518 | Props total: 19 19
 Super-C said:
Hey yo best buy heads........what do they mean by ” you need a ticket to purchase this item in stores”?......seen this sh*t in the black friday email
for door buster items...instead of stampeding into the store and someone potentially being injured, you get a slip of paper with the printed door buster item you want. Being in line early ensures you get one of those "tickets"...when the employees hand out the last "ticket" that's it for that door buster item.
 6 years ago '05        #156
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
 DrX said:
lol u sound like a naive fool....most jobs simply dont exist...the media lie about the #s to keep high hopes but in reality were in a depression....u have to many many with few jobs...
you're really going to tell me people that collect unemployment for like 2 years can't find a single job at all?

If you don't even have a GED or got like 5 felonies I guess it's understandable but that's their problem, shouldn't have fu*ked up.

EDIT: I do agree that there aren't enough for everyone right now, but there is always unemployment. I agree the economy sucks and LOTS of people are underemployed, but anyone who says they can't find a single job after like 3 months of looking isn't trying hard enough. Go flip burgers and work your way up.

Last edited by Philly B; 11-21-2011 at 01:28 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #157
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
I got off mad lucky on my Black Friday schedule

from 6am - 1:30pm
 6 years ago '07        #158
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 Jinusean said:
I got off mad lucky on my Black Friday schedule

from 6am - 1:30pm
im 6am to 345pm so we good :dancingcool:
 6 years ago '08        #159
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 2398 2398
To everyone saying "Well, be grateful that you ATLEAST have a job", you have obviously not worked in a retail environment. It's like getting hit in the face with a steel bat, multiple times. That sh*t is THE worst, especially on Black Friday. I can tell all of you work at your comfortable desks all day on a 9-5, with holidays off.
 11-21-2011, 01:47 PM         #160
BENGALSfan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Work 330a-12p SMH
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy