Nov 20 - Best Buy Workers Protest Black Friday Hours

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
5 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
86 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #121
BMAN626 37 heat pts37
space
space
$7,461 | Props total: 909 909
I work at walmart I'm going in at 5pm on thanksgiving and leaving 5am black Friday then come later that after noon to close at from 4 to 1 lol mad fu*kin over time this week gunna rack up like 30 hours o.t...n*ggas should be luck they got jobs and get a lot of hours fu*k thanksgiving its one fu*kin day out the year plus u getting holiday pay
 6 years ago '09        #122
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,099 | Props total: 1833 1833
Them fools know they aren't celebrating a damn thing with the fam at midnight save for getting drunk maybe.
 6 years ago '05        #123
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803
Call off sick on Thanksgiving like ima do.
 6 years ago '05        #124
Ushouldpayme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,948 | Props total: 575 575
It's not about "being happy to have a job". It's the morality of this nation that's going to sh*t. If this is done because of consumer demand then I don't buy it. Every retail employee is a consumer and there are over 300,000 retail employees and I guarantee you that none of them are asking for retailers to open early. So stop the madness. Retailers should market smarter throughout the year instead of waiting for Black Friday weekend to get into black. Stop skimping all year at the expense of common decency. Black Friday money isn't all what it's cracked up to be because if you're commissioned, your quota is higher than ever anyway. Plus, you'll get the same deal on December 7th as you would on black friday. The same dumbass people standing in line are the same people who complain about gas prices every day.

The same people who say it's ok to open early are the same people who complain about executive bonuses.
 6 years ago '04        #125
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,910 | Props total: 2549 2549
 THEINFAMOUS said:

you'll get wrote up.

best buy dont give a phuk bout they employees if they did your discount wouldnt have went from 5% above cost to not more than 50% of an item.

USB cables are sold for 36 dollars. the employee use to get it for 5% above cost which was 96 cents. now they make you pay... $18. they know whats up... Biggest pimp company out there and they turned from hustling the customer to now hustling the employee.

an on top of that people value family. in order to be up at midnight to work a solid 12 you have to be sleep mid day on thanksgiving.

OT will not be given because they will schedule slim the previous days due to nobody shopping waiting on black friday. and your set schedule could very well possibly go over because the company comes first.... (I've worked 15 to 16hrs on black friday before because i wasnt allowed to leave due to heavy traffic)

Last edited by SpyDa; 11-21-2011 at 07:39 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #126
certifiedplaya1 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,365 | Props total: 162 162
Wrkd in retail for like 4yrs, nvr again will i go thru that black friday craziness haha, but yeh stop complainin , i wrk at a call center now and we hav to wrk all holidays
 6 years ago '06        #127
ceeboski 
space
space
$1,698 | Props total: 1 1
 JBeezy said:
I know right?

How dare they satisfy the needs/wants of the market! They're totally doing this for no reason and it has NOTHING to do with what consumers want.

I think a much better solution is for them to open at regular hours and lose a bunch of money. That usually works out well in the end for a company that is in financial trouble. But hey, look at the bright side, if they end up having to cut wages/employees, at least they got enough time with their families.
this.
 6 years ago '11        #128
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
 ReallyTho said:
welll thats a decision they made.. thats not evena good argument
So u telling me it's okay for the military to do it. But not okay for retail workers?
 6 years ago '04        #129
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
yall are some dumb fu*ks. no one is mad about the amout of hours we have to work its the timing. and to the person that said sh*t about undergrad? duh n*gga of course. i know that already. ive done that before...

i guarantee there will be no extra money made in those 5 hours. i guess according to yall we should have to work 48 hrs straight on thursday and blk friday. we dont get holiday pay, and like homeboy said, the discount? that sh*t is gooooooooooone. because yall customers are not spending as much money with us.

and like son said we bring VALUE to our positions. i am the lead in my dept and if i wasn't there they'd be trying to bring that money in. the last time i tried to leave i got a $2 raise. fu*k outta here. i think everyone needs to work on black friday at 12am just so yall can see how it feels.

fu*k yall.
 11-21-2011, 08:49 AM         #130
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GROUCHCARTEL said:
wow...first off how you haven't been called on this shows me what the majority of dudes in this thread are about...second where the F*CK did you ever hear me say anything about no one working black friday?All i said was companies wanna get greedier and greedier every year at the expense of its employees.Pushing the time from the traditional 5 am to the day before is only the beginning. so miss me with the E-rants and your closet racist sh*t ...No one trying to hear that sh*t
Where the fu*k did you see me say that you said that. You're talking about companies getting more greedy, when the very fu*kin' holiday you are celebrating is about FEASTING, and buying a whole bunch of sh*t the next day. American holidays are designated consumer days for the indebted proletariats to be greedy. Best Buy is only responding to the demand of the populace.

The company's whole mission is to enrich shareholders & executives, not to play babysitter for an employee (slave) you bi*ch a.ss nicca. I hope this is only the beginning, we need to lax the labor laws and bring in their adolescent children to work the night shifts and remove minimum wage laws.
 11-21-2011, 09:09 AM         #131
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SpyDa said:
you'll get wrote up.

best buy dont give a phuk bout they employees if they did your discount wouldnt have went from 5% above cost to not more than 50% of an item.

USB cables are sold for 36 dollars. the employee use to get it for 5% above cost which was 96 cents. now they make you pay... $18. they know whats up... Biggest pimp company out there and they turned from hustling the customer to now hustling the employee.

an on top of that people value family. in order to be up at midnight to work a solid 12 you have to be sleep mid day on thanksgiving.

OT will not be given because they will schedule slim the previous days due to nobody shopping waiting on black friday. and your set schedule could very well possibly go over because the company comes first.... (I've worked 15 to 16hrs on black friday before because i wasnt allowed to leave due to heavy traffic)
^^^this. The discount program is bullsh*t now, and let's not forgot about the blue crew bucks program either.
 11-21-2011, 09:11 AM         #132
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THEINFAMOUS said:
And you will be fired for not working that day too. Trust me, a lotta good people who worked BB for years, got fired for not working on THAT day, total bullsh*t.
 6 years ago '08        #133
JetsLost 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 261 261
Most of these companies will cut hours all week prepping for Black Friday. You'll work 12hrs and end up w/ 36 hrs for the week. Not too many of these companies are giving overtime hours anymore. Making stores do more w/ less. It is what it is though.
 6 years ago '04        #134
kkrunk 
space
space
space
$65 | Props total: 11 11
Keep ur a.ss in Canada ur clogging up our malls
 6 years ago '08        #135
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,815 | Props total: 3447 3447
All those employees should be fired. They cant work a few extra hours for 1 god damn day out the year? I know plenty of people that work on holidays such as myself and these ungrateful bastards wanna start a petition cuz their store wants to open a few hours early for 1 fu*king day.
 11-21-2011, 10:15 AM         #136
zigen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Most of you that are saying to stop complaining and enjoy all the extra $$$ from working these "extra" hours have no idea what you are talking about for most retailers. These people aren't making a dime in "extra" hours. They are still getting the same amount of paid time that they would normally, except that they are getting squeezed into one day instead of being spread out. I would guess most with this opinion will be sitting at home for 4+ days off for the holiday and can't imagine what it is like to be in that situation.

By the way, if every retailer would rally against opening up on Thanksgiving and open at the same time there wouldn't be any money being lost. It's the same dollar you would've made at midnight that you would be grabbing at 8am. So that argument is totally baseless. It's just a domino effect once one store opens early they all open early to let all the sheeple in so they can all feel better saving ten dollars on a toaster that they stood in line for eight hours to get.
 6 years ago '11        #137
IAmABeast 2 heat pts
space
space
$994 | Props total: 138 138
Honestly, Best Buy is one of the worst stores you could go to shop at, and you're a fool if you don't know that.
 6 years ago '05        #138
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
Didn't read the whole thread but looked around it a bit.

I keep seeing people saying "be thankful you have a job, there's millions of people who would k!ll for a job." blah blah blah. Tell these people to go flip burgers at McDonalds or BK if they are so desperate. I know people don't want to take a job they are overqualified for, but jobs are out there if you look hard enough. There's no way in hell that dudes can be unemployed for 100 weeks and not find a single job if they're really searching.

As far as working Black Friday goes, it does kind of suck because dudes don't get holiday pay (even though a lot of people in here seem to think they do), but it's one over-night shift. Deal with it.
 6 years ago '04        #139
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
get a real job then. nobody forced these whiny kids to work retail, they knew what would happen
 6 years ago '11        #140
Brandn 1 heat pts
space
space
$150 | Props total: 66 66
 stl12188 said:
Didn't read the whole thread but looked around it a bit.

I keep seeing people saying "be thankful you have a job, there's millions of people who would k!ll for a job." blah blah blah. Tell these people to go flip burgers at McDonalds or BK if they are so desperate. I know people don't want to take a job they are overqualified for, but jobs are out there if you look hard enough. There's no way in hell that dudes can be unemployed for 100 weeks and not find a single job if they're really searching.

As far as working Black Friday goes, it does kind of suck because dudes don't get holiday pay (even though a lot of people in here seem to think they do), but it's one over-night shift. Deal with it.
I agree, there are plenty of jobs out there, might not be the job you want, but there are jobs.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
136 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
111 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy