Nov 20 - Best Buy Workers Protest Black Friday Hours

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
84 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
17 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-20-2011, 11:55 PM         #101
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kalon said:
Let me explain something to yall. I work at best buy. this is my 7th black friday.

if you are not a full time employee, you do NOT get paid for thanksgiving. as far as OT pay, you only get that for the time you work ON THANKSGIVING. once 12am friday hits, regular pay. same for sat and sunday.

working overnight is not natural, you have to screw up your sleep and drink energy drinks. I work 1130pm to 930am. yay, 30 mins of holiday pay. then yall say the hours. sure, you get 35-40 hrs this week thanksgiving week but the week that just ended u only have 15-20.

see what im getting at here? i cannot wait to see the outcome.

Again, be thankful you have a fu*king job.. you know how many hundreds of thousands if not more would literally k!ll someone for a job right now? don't get paid more? boo fu*king hoo it's life, life isn't fair.. maybe you should of thought about going to school instead of getting a sh*tty retail job or maybe you would rather be flipping burgers at mcdonalds on thanksgiving.

People today have no work ethic they are too busy bi*ching and crying like little bi*ches.
 6 years ago '11        #102
mhurricane266 
space
space
$2,559 | Props total: 547 547
 ike! said:
You sound brainwashed. "Be happy you have a job" is not the real world. I am better than any of the other people who interviewed for my job. I bring value to the position in a way that almost guarantees I won't just be let go or laid off out of nowhere. Could they find others to do my job if they had to, sure they could, but they won't. I know it, they know it.

Your mentality will get you no where quick. Get some confidence, and if you truly are a valuable a.sset to your company you will not get treated like sh*t.

"Be happy you have a job" is a way for companies to treat their employees like garbage and justify it.
Unless you have went to school or your some type of "manager" position I guarantee they will cut your a.ss so fast you wont realize what happened. They are happy they have you so they don't have to bother looking to find someone else but I guarantee you take your happy a.ss to them talking about "I don't wanna come in that early on BF" theyll drop you like a bad habit. Of course if you don't rock the ship at all then yeah your job is gonna be secure..thats like common with any job. Once again unless you on some manager shi i guarantee they could give two sh*ts about "what you bring to the table" when you start rocking that boat talking about what you dont want to do..
 6 years ago '04        #103
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 IronMaiden said:
Again, be thankful you have a fu*king job.. you know how many hundreds of thousands if not more would literally k!ll someone for a job right now? don't get paid more? boo fu*king hoo it's life, life isn't fair.. maybe you should of thought about going to school instead of getting a sh*tty retail job or maybe you would rather be flipping burgers at mcdonalds on thanksgiving.

People today have no work ethic they are too busy bi*ching and crying like little bi*ches.
dumbass. did you hear me say im not going to go work. i am sick of the be thankful you have a job sh*t. i am. very.

and, i'll have my accounting degree in 29 days. chill out b. please. people that will k!ll for a job are those who never went to school. fu*k outta here b im in school and i will not need this job very shortly.
 6 years ago '11        #104
mhurricane266 
space
space
 Kalon said:
Let me explain something to yall. I work at best buy. this is my 7th black friday.

if you are not a full time employee, you do NOT get paid for thanksgiving. as far as OT pay, you only get that for the time you work ON THANKSGIVING. once 12am friday hits, regular pay. same for sat and sunday.

working overnight is not natural, you have to screw up your sleep and drink energy drinks. I work 1130pm to 930am. yay, 30 mins of holiday pay. then yall say the hours. sure, you get 35-40 hrs this week thanksgiving week but the week that just ended u only have 15-20. so yea you only have a 50-60 paycheck for the period. not 90-100 like some of yall think. the thanksgiving week hours will be on the first check of december. for some areas that check is dec. 2 others dec. 9.
Are you serious dude? No, its not natural at all but I mean this is not your new permenant schedule its one damn day..either you get some sleep to handle the day or you just say fu*k it and if you sleep thats cool if not then you just sacrafice and stay up.. what n*gga on this board hasnt stayed up playing some game? You dont have to be pleasant and all nice for these fools shopping, just be there, be on the clock ,get paid..Dont have to be all buddy buddy, trust boss man wont have time to focus on your customer interactions.
 11-21-2011, 12:18 AM         #105
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 IronMaiden said:

With all due respect, unless you have worked retail you have absolutely no idea how it really is. That's like someone saying whatever job you have is sooo easy but they never worked one like yours, you would look at them like they're stupid as fu*k. I work at both Best Buy and Target and it's very fu*ked up because for one, there is no calling out and there is no day off given on Black Friday it's considered mandatory no exceptions. I'm working 1130pm until noon on friday because we are short handed in my department because our manager refused to hire holiday workers and then I have to work at Target from 2:30pm to 12am. Another thing, the management schedules people in a way that you get the least amount of holiday pay or in some cases none at all because Black Friday is "not" a holiday, repeat "not" a holiday so from all my hard work I will only get paid thirty minutes of holiday pay. The point is, people that work retail are pissed because not only do they not get to spend the holidays with their familes( I haven't been with my mines for the past six years smh),no holiday pay, no chance at even getting a real break or lunch, and to top it all of, the same managers that say its mandatory that we work it- never be there on Black Friday. They make their supervisors carry the weight. My store manager at best buy was in New York last year and people were piesed and when they comforted him about it he couldn't anything.* So that work ethic remark you made wasn't cool man, no offense because unless you worked retail, you had no basis to have said that.
 6 years ago '11        #106
mhurricane266 
space
space
 Hotboy1982 said:
With all due respect, unless you have worked retail you have absolutely no idea how it really is. That's like someone saying whatever job you have is sooo easy but they never worked one like yours, you would look at them like they're stupid as fu*k. I work at both Best Buy and Target and it's very fu*ked up because for one, there is no calling out and there is no day off given on Black Friday it's considered mandatory no exceptions. I'm working 1130pm until noon on friday because we are short handed in my department because our manager refused to hire holiday workers and then I have to work at Target from 2:30pm to 12am. Another thing, the management schedules people in a way that you get the least amount of holiday pay or in some cases none at all because Black Friday is "not" a holiday, repeat "not" a holiday so from all my hard work I will only get paid thirty minutes of holiday pay. The point is, people that work retail are pissed because not only do they not get to spend the holidays with their familes( I haven't been with my mines for the past six years smh),no holiday pay, no chance at even getting a real break or lunch, and to top it all of, the same managers that say its mandatory that we work it- never be there on Black Friday. They make their supervisors carry the weight. My store manager at best buy was in New York last year and people were piesed and when they comforted him about it he couldn't anything.* So that work ethic remark you made wasn't cool man, no offense because unless you worked retail, you had no basis to have said that.
Damn, that sh*t sucks yall dont get holiday pay... Wally World Ftw!That sh*t also sucks that yall dont get breaks or lunches..damn from the sound of it I guess it does suck for yall to work black friday..Yall should form a union..I know wally worlds are terrified of those mfers..
 11-21-2011, 12:31 AM         #107
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the most fu*ked up thing about it, if you don't work that day, you're fired. But the crazy thing is, there is nowhere in Best Buy's I any other store' s employee handbook that specifically states that you must work that day, in writing. So they literally can fire you for rhetoric smdh.
 11-21-2011, 12:33 AM         #108
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mhurricane266 said:
Damn, that sh*t sucks yall dont get holiday pay... Wally World Ftw!That sh*t also sucks that yall dont get breaks or lunches..damn from the sound of it I guess it does suck for yall to work black friday..Yall should form a union..I know wally worlds are terrified of those mfers..

Lol someone tried to start a union at Best Buy and they put an end to it by firing on bs stuff and we get a lunch but only 30 and no break or you do get one you gotta sneak and take it
 11-21-2011, 01:07 AM         #109
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
retail is a mfer...lol they will abuse u....the manger care only about what his bosses think period
 6 years ago '04        #110
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,905 | Props total: 1147 1147
there's people in america who would die work three shifts in a day in this sh*tty economy

call in sick or eat a d*ck and stop b*tchin'
 6 years ago '04        #111
jdawgkemp 
space
space
$2,164 | Props total: 82 82
Well I manage an automotive retail store (won't go into specifics) and I think it's crazy we gotta be in at 4am and fu*king INSANE some companies are opening thanksgiving...sh*ts gone too far. Instead of sitting back stuffing my face and watching football with the fam I'm gonna have to get in bed early to sleep before work...Can't wait til I find a job in my field which is computer networking...not business...smh
 6 years ago '05        #112
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,707 | Props total: 6948 6948
I gotta work thanksgiving from 6pm - 3:30am so i'll prolly miss out on all the good sh*t prolly won't even be worth going out...
 6 years ago '11        #113
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
Why they complaining its one day out the year? Ask some of my military folks how many birthdays, weddings, graduation, kids birth, holidays, funerals, and good times cause of a job that u don't even get a choice of hours u work. U blessed if u get more than 3 hours of sleep when u deployed.
 6 years ago '07        #114
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
 Kalon said:

and, i'll have my accounting degree in 29 days. chill out b. please. people that will k!ll for a job are those who never went to school. fu*k outta here b im in school and i will not need this job very shortly.
you almost have your degree, but say that working an overnight shift is unnatural and screws up your whole sleep schedule? Man.. I remember my undergrad studies being an all-nighter every other week. If someone is young and healthy, they should be able to just roll with it and it shouldn't be that big of a deal. it sucks having to do it, but i would hate losing my long weekend more than losing out on sleep.
 6 years ago '07        #115
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
I have zero sympathy for these retail workers tho. Not just because of the whole thing about be happy you have a job, extra hours on the check, etc...

Think of all the times you go to Best Buy, Walmart, Target... And see a group of workers not doing sh*t. Standing around while you are like "why don't these as*holes open another register so I can get out of here instead of those four idiots standing around chatting, I've been in the store 20 minutes and they've been gathered there rearranging the same 10 DVDs over and over."

I bet if the managers sent their a.sses home more often when it got slow rather than let them have chill workdays, they'd be begging for more hours
 11-21-2011, 03:19 AM         #116
benzsl4585 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they should be lucky that got jobs

6 years ago '07        #117
balla9969 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,877 | Props total: 704 704
 omglolwtfbbq said:
I have zero sympathy for these retail workers tho. Not just because of the whole thing about be happy you have a job, extra hours on the check, etc...

Think of all the times you go to Best Buy, Walmart, Target... And see a group of workers not doing sh*t. Standing around while you are like "why don't these as*holes open another register so I can get out of here instead of those four idiots standing around chatting, I've been in the store 20 minutes and they've been gathered there rearranging the same 10 DVDs over and over."

I bet if the managers sent their a.sses home more often when it got slow rather than let them have chill workdays, they'd be begging for more hours
i dont know what store you go to and have you ever worked retail? i work at best buy my store we really dont have time just to stand around but i guess every store is different and we just cant open a register it doesnt work like that.

As for the hours everyone sayin be happy to have a job yall dont understand best buy is only closed 2 days a year christmas and thanksgiving so i mean we just want one day to spend with our family not have to cut it short to be at work by 12
 6 years ago '11        #118
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,448 | Props total: 717 717
that's what you get for working in retail. how can this be a surprise?
 11-21-2011, 05:18 AM         #119
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 emfan said:
Yo guys I'm i live in the Niagra region in Ontario, it's just a 40 min drive to Buffalo, NY.

How do I take advantage of the Black Friday deals, Do i need to get there Thursday night and then come back on Friday morning?
you need to get there wednesday night
 6 years ago '04        #120
ImmortalGuru 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,555 | Props total: 659 659
 ike! said:
You sound brainwashed. "Be happy you have a job" is not the real world. I am better than any of the other people who interviewed for my job. I bring value to the position in a way that almost guarantees I won't just be let go or laid off out of nowhere. Could they find others to do my job if they had to, sure they could, but they won't. I know it, they know it.

Your mentality will get you no where quick. Get some confidence, and if you truly are a valuable a.sset to your company you will not get treated like sh*t.

"Be happy you have a job" is a way for companies to treat their employees like garbage and justify it.
Well let me ask, do you have a job right now? And saying that you're better than anyone they interviewed is the most arrogant bullsh*t I've ever heard in my life. That's not confidence. Confidence is knowing that you can do your job and you'll be able to move up. What you're doing is being a c*cky as*hole that NO ONE likes in the work world and pretty much will guarantee that you won't keep a job. You might get a job, but you damn sure won't keep it. Believe me, I have friends that say the same stuff you do, and they stay unemployed. Heck, folks that went to college and graduated head of the class(gotta love Clemson students acting like they're better than everyone else ) are still strugglin.

I'm just sayin, unless you're a manager/owner of a business, you're at the bottom of the food chain. Deal with it, work your way up, and BE HUMBLE and I guarantee you'll move up. I know I did.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy