Nov 20 - Best Buy Workers Protest Black Friday Hours

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
 Kontrast0 said:
shiet id take them holiday hours give em to me
exactly, if you work a measly customer service job, you should be trying to work every hour you can for those holiday hours. Best buy got some non-ambitious employees
 6 years ago '05        #82
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,643 | Props total: 13724 13724
At some point all the hours just aren't worth it.
 6 years ago '04        #83
ImmortalGuru 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,555 | Props total: 659 659
They'll be bi*chin for real once they get fired after Black Friday.

Best Buy is way too big of a corporation to worry about a minor few lazy a.ss bi*ches complanin. Hell, when I was working at Best Buy, I LOVED working Black Friday. Why? Because for one, the customers are usually really cool. Two, they FED US! Free motha fu*kin food! And 3, it was a 10 hour shift(which is now a 13 hour shift). That's extra green, and you know they'll be gettin overtime pay too since they'll also have to work on Saturday?

Man please, they don't know whats up. I guess they'll be sad as hell when they're on that unemployment line for a little over a year.
 6 years ago '04        #84
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
i mean i know its fu*ked up that you have to leave from family on thanksgiving, but thats part of working in that sector i guess

its like them grocery workers that have to work thanksgiving day so people can get last minute sh*t for dinner. Theyd prolly rather be at home watching the Lions and sh*t with family, but somebody got to be out there
 11-20-2011, 10:07 PM         #85
ahenson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GROUCHCARTEL said:
It's a sad day when people sympathize more with corporate companies who exploit it's employees with the same irrelevant logic that I see on this board.The only reason unemployment is at such an all time high is cause corporate scumbags on Wall Street bankrupted our economy and our funds were drained f!ghting all the wars in the middle east.People should be grateful to have a job but to then make them leave their families(newborns,parents,children,) so they can be at work at midnight to make corporate execs richer is just insane.Sympathize with people in the struggle,not the companies taking advantage of a struggling economy to make their bottom line fatter...what's next?Christmas?New Years day?
Nicca you act like these holidays are not consumer holidays in the first place created by the corporate world. If it wasn't designated as a holiday it would be the same fu*kin' work day that these drones are use to dealing with. I can't believe these bi*ch niccas are complaining about working on a holiday, when they give you extra money. I forgot though, niccas in this hemisphere are no longer about getting money, but "leisure", and spending time with "loved ones". FOH. Can't wait to purchase niccas houses when they go in foreclosure. I really wish they would bring universal slavery back, things are getting out of control letting the peasants think they are supposed to have sh*t.

Last edited by ahenson; 11-20-2011 at 10:09 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #86
ike! 4 heat pts
space
space
$822 | Props total: 100 100
I hate the line "be happy you have a job"

fu*k that.. I'm sick and tired of hearing that bullsh*t. I worked hard to get my education and I bring value to whatever position I go into so be happy you have me working at your company.
 11-20-2011, 10:16 PM         #87
Infamous B 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JBeezy said:
I know right?

How dare they satisfy the needs/wants of the market! They're totally doing this for no reason and it has NOTHING to do with what consumers want.

I think a much better solution is for them to open at regular hours and lose a bunch of money. That usually works out well in the end for a company that is in financial trouble. But hey, look at the bright side, if they end up having to cut wages/employees, at least they got enough time with their families.
How much money u think they'd lose if they opened at 6am? how many people who would have gone at midnight would not have gone at 6 am? finally, how many times a year does everyone in the family get together and spend time?
 6 years ago '06        #88
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,753 | Props total: 3691 3691
 lilsnatch770 said:
They should use this sh*t as motivation for lazy fu*ks in high school. Oh you want to have holidays off? Get a real fu*king job
this is a real f ing job for a lotta people. 15 years ago this wasn't even a conversation. Peoploe were actually with their families on holidays. now its about the bottom line. its not like these dudes work for DOD or something. This shyt is retail. You couldn't tell me they couldn't have a black saturday and still meet their metrics.

i remember back in high school i worked @ chick fil a. i fu*king hated holidayz.. but i couldn't complain 2 bad considering people were in the mall all night stocking shyt.

shyt is a real job.. just an exploited job. Trust me.. if wherever you worked found a scheme to make the most money of the year the day after the holidayz... you would be working.
 6 years ago '04        #89
ImmortalGuru 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,555 | Props total: 659 659
 ike! said:
I hate the line "be happy you have a job"

fu*k that.. I'm sick and tired of hearing that bullsh*t. I worked hard to get my education and I bring value to whatever position I go into so be happy you have me working at your company.

[pic - click to view]

Be happy to have you? You're just a low level, regular employee just like the rest of us. Besides, no one is too good to be replaced. fu*k if you got an education or not, you can get fired/laid off at anytime even if they make up an excuse, and they dare you to say otherwise. They found you, they can find 50 more just like you if not better.

But as far as you saying "I hate the line be happy you have a job", well you better learn to love it. This is the real world son. Don't care if you have an education or not, you're no better than anyone else, and acting like you are will get you unemployed with the quickness unless you wanna start your own business.

Like The Rock says, "Know your role".

And that's it.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #90
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,891 | Props total: 2001 2001
 sunsetnVine said:
this is a real f ing job for a lotta people. 15 years ago this wasn't even a conversation. Peoploe were actually with their families on holidays. now its about the bottom line. its not like these dudes work for DOD or something. This shyt is retail. You couldn't tell me they couldn't have a black saturday and still meet their metrics.

i remember back in high school i worked @ chick fil a. i fu*king hated holidayz.. but i couldn't complain 2 bad considering people were in the mall all night stocking shyt.

shyt is a real job.. just an exploited job. Trust me.. if wherever you worked found a scheme to make the most money of the year the day after the holidayz... you would be working.
I believe black friday has been going on since the Mid-70s soooooo I think it was around 15 years ago
 6 years ago '04        #91
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 QualityRecords said:
I don't think they mind working black friday. All these companies just announced like a week or two ago that they were gonna open at midnight this year instead of 5am like they usually do. So now instead of just missing some sleep they pretty much can't get any sleep AND they can't see their families on Thanksgiving. Apparently lots of consumers are pissed too, not only because they have to be up even earlier but also they feel bad for the employees.

As for the person who quoted me asking why they can't go back to 5am.... once these companies start doing this they can't go back because they'll always have a small number of customers that will be early no matter how early you open the doors and they want to get the best deals regardless. They're the ones that f!ght over Elmos and sh*tty TVs that they wouldn't normally buy but since its in the ad they HAVE to have it. lol

I can sympathize with the employees because I've been there and it sucks. You're already working ridiculous hours as it is (I work 50+ every week starting in November until the first week of January) and then they take away the little bit of relief you had before the big day. Kinda sucks man, not gonna lie. I don't mind working 12 hours or even 15 but when you start cutting into Thanksgiving I think its going too far.
this has been known for over a month now..
 6 years ago '05        #92
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
 QualityRecords said:
I don't think they mind working black friday. All these companies just announced like a week or two ago that they were gonna open at midnight this year instead of 5am like they usually do. So now instead of just missing some sleep they pretty much can't get any sleep AND they can't see their families on Thanksgiving. Apparently lots of consumers are pissed too, not only because they have to be up even earlier but also they feel bad for the employees.

As for the person who quoted me asking why they can't go back to 5am.... once these companies start doing this they can't go back because they'll always have a small number of customers that will be early no matter how early you open the doors and they want to get the best deals regardless. They're the ones that f!ght over Elmos and sh*tty TVs that they wouldn't normally buy but since its in the ad they HAVE to have it. lol

I can sympathize with the employees because I've been there and it sucks. You're already working ridiculous hours as it is (I work 50+ every week starting in November until the first week of January) and then they take away the little bit of relief you had before the big day. Kinda sucks man, not gonna lie. I don't mind working 12 hours or even 15 but when you start cutting into Thanksgiving I think its going too far.
Don't bother trying to school dudes fam..most of the dudes on here have no clue what struggle means...there are some who are sympathetic to the human condition and others who were born with silver spoons..props regardless
 6 years ago '05        #93
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,728 | Props total: 2217 2217
 tazbk said:
Don't like your job or your hours? Quit. Stop whining and work your shift. There are plenty of jobless folks that would love your job. There are plentyyyyy of jobs where people work the holidays. Public Transportation, hospital workers, police, hotels, etc. Get a union and complain, until then get that money.
Exactly! They need to shut the fu*k up and work! So many people ain't got no job and these mafu*kas complaining! They best not fu*k this sh*t up cause my black a.ss will be there for midnight to cop them cheap blu ray and games, shyt!
 6 years ago '05        #94
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1551 1551
 famoussasjohn said:
this has been known for over a month now..
No it hasn't, I still keep in touch with lots of my former co-workers. They said they announced it to employees towards the end of the first week of November. Maybe other retailers like Target knew but Best Buy just found out, at least at a store level. Maybe corporate knew.

btw.... for those of you saying get extra holiday pay or whatever.... Best Buy doesn't pay them extra on Black Friday. If they work on Thanksgiving they'll get some but not Black Friday.
 6 years ago '05        #95
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
 ahenson said:
Nicca you act like these holidays are not consumer holidays in the first place created by the corporate world. If it wasn't designated as a holiday it would be the same fu*kin' work day that these drones are use to dealing with. I can't believe these bi*ch niccas are complaining about working on a holiday, when they give you extra money. I forgot though, niccas in this hemisphere are no longer about getting money, but "leisure", and spending time with "loved ones". FOH. Can't wait to purchase niccas houses when they go in foreclosure. I really wish they would bring universal slavery back, things are getting out of control letting the peasants think they are supposed to have sh*t.

wow...first off how you haven't been called on this shows me what the majority of dudes in this thread are about...second where the F*CK did you ever hear me say anything about no one working black friday?All i said was companies wanna get greedier and greedier every year at the expense of its employees.Pushing the time from the traditional 5 am to the day before is only the beginning. so miss me with the E-rants and your closet racist sh*t ...No one trying to hear that sh*t
 6 years ago '04        #96
ike! 4 heat pts
space
space
$822 | Props total: 100 100
 ImmortalGuru said:

[pic - click to view]

Be happy to have you? You're just a low level, regular employee just like the rest of us. Besides, no one is too good to be replaced. fu*k if you got an education or not, you can get fired/laid off at anytime even if they make up an excuse, and they dare you to say otherwise. They found you, they can find 50 more just like you if not better.

But as far as you saying "I hate the line be happy you have a job", well you better learn to love it. This is the real world son. Don't care if you have an education or not, you're no better than anyone else, and acting like you are will get you unemployed with the quickness unless you wanna start your own business.

Like The Rock says, "Know your role".

And that's it.

[pic - click to view]

You sound brainwashed. "Be happy you have a job" is not the real world. I am better than any of the other people who interviewed for my job. I bring value to the position in a way that almost guarantees I won't just be let go or laid off out of nowhere. Could they find others to do my job if they had to, sure they could, but they won't. I know it, they know it.

Your mentality will get you no where quick. Get some confidence, and if you truly are a valuable a.sset to your company you will not get treated like sh*t.

"Be happy you have a job" is a way for companies to treat their employees like garbage and justify it.
 6 years ago '07        #97
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
fu*k it, do what you gotta do. i gotta work on black friday, i know its gonna suck but i need the money. if you need the money then there's no reason to complain. just quit and see if your a.ss can find another job.
 11-20-2011, 11:51 PM         #98
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
....Stop bi*ching. Black Friday Is Good Paper If You Working The Shift.
This, not to mention they should be thankful they have fu*king jobs.

bunch of whiny little bi*ches.

Oh gotta work sh*tty hours? boo fu*king hoo spoiled pampered little sh*ts.
 6 years ago '04        #99
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
 QualityRecords said:
No it hasn't, I still keep in touch with lots of my former co-workers. They said they announced it to employees towards the end of the first week of November. Maybe other retailers like Target knew but Best Buy just found out, at least at a store level. Maybe corporate knew.

btw.... for those of you saying get extra holiday pay or whatever.... Best Buy doesn't pay them extra on Black Friday. If they work on Thanksgiving they'll get some but not Black Friday.
from what I am seeing, best buy employees would have known on the 4th of this month..more than enough time to pick out your schedule for that day. not every employee is required to work at 12am anyways. I would have selected to do that than any other shift. When I worked there, they gave me all options from the scheduled shifts.
 6 years ago '04        #100
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
Let me explain something to yall. I work at best buy. this is my 7th black friday.

if you are not a full time employee, you do NOT get paid for thanksgiving. as far as OT pay, you only get that for the time you work ON THANKSGIVING. once 12am friday hits, regular pay. same for sat and sunday.

working overnight is not natural, you have to screw up your sleep and drink energy drinks. I work 1130pm to 930am. yay, 30 mins of holiday pay. then yall say the hours. sure, you get 35-40 hrs this week thanksgiving week but the week that just ended u only have 15-20. so yea you only have a 50-60 paycheck for the period. not 90-100 like some of yall think. the thanksgiving week hours will be on the first check of december. for some areas that check is dec. 2 others dec. 9.

see what im getting at here? i cannot wait to see the outcome. you cant request that day unless you're in the hospital or immediate fam passes.

Last edited by Kalon; 11-20-2011 at 11:59 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy