Nov 20 - Best Buy Workers Protest Black Friday Hours

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
90 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #61
fly_society_05 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,293 | Props total: 26 26
 jtdatruth said:
Walmart supercenters don't even close on thanksgiving, so i don't know what employees from these other retail chains are complaining about. Last year when I was working as a sales a.ssociate for Walmart, I had to work 12-9 on thanksgiving day and then get right back up and come in from 7-7 on black friday
Lol hell yea Walmart got me working 3-10 thanksgiving day and 12-9 on black Friday ...but sh*t I ain't complaining, I can't buy what I want without $$$$$$$$
 6 years ago '06        #62
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,756 | Props total: 3701 3701
 tazbk said:
Don't like your job or your hours? Quit. Stop whining and work your shift. There are plenty of jobless folks that would love your job. There are plentyyyyy of jobs where people work the holidays. Public Transportation, hospital workers, police, hotels, etc. Get a union and complain, until then get that money.
thatz why they feel than can make this move this year.... capitalism. U dont like your hours.. quit.

or call in sick roll the dice and get a doc note from patient first for a headache.
 6 years ago '06        #63
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,756 | Props total: 3701 3701
 Yung Dilla said:
lol corp said yeah no we won't let you n*ggas spend no time at home BUT if these n*ggas walk out then the company is fu*ked lol
that shyt would be like senior skip day... like a black friday skip day. That shy would be a brillian middle finger to corp america.. unfortunately the lemmings are not that smart.
 6 years ago '05        #64
GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
It's a sad day when people sympathize more with corporate companies who exploit it's employees with the same irrelevant logic that I see on this board.The only reason unemployment is at such an all time high is cause corporate scumbags on Wall Street bankrupted our economy and our funds were drained f!ghting all the wars in the middle east.People should be grateful to have a job but to then make them leave their families(newborns,parents,children,) so they can be at work at midnight to make corporate execs richer is just insane.Sympathize with people in the struggle,not the companies taking advantage of a struggling economy to make their bottom line fatter...what's next?Christmas?New Years day?
 6 years ago '04        #65
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,893 | Props total: 2002 2002
They should use this sh*t as motivation for lazy fu*ks in high school. Oh you want to have holidays off? Get a real fu*king job
 6 years ago '06        #66
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
12 hour shift...
Black Friday
WalMart....
Work Layaway/Electronics
fu*k MY LIFE

Gettin laid off sucks... Appreciate your good job (if you have one at present) while you can... cause your hours can cut too... (Million Dollar Man Laugh)

I do more work there making less than half of what I was making at my last job... I miss my desk :(

Last edited by JamesAdamsIz808; 11-20-2011 at 09:08 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #67
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
If u dont like it quit.. Im sure others that are unemployed will gladly take your job
 6 years ago '04        #68
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3263 3263
like somebody said...unless these same ppl are working the day before thanksgiving and black friday, they not gettin holiday pay unless they come in an hour or so before 12am...try working at Panera where they cut holiday pay for EVERY holiday except for closed ones(Christmas and Thanksgiving) and of course you gotta work the day before and the day after to get it...i took friday off cuz i wanted to be able to go home without having to worry about being at work the next morning at 5am but i was heated when i found out they took away all holidays from us
 6 years ago '07        #69
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 QualityRecords said:
The bad part about this is that these stores can't go back to 5 or 6am next year.
Why not?
 11-20-2011, 09:12 PM         #70
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RYLNYC said:
You must be workin' in a dope a.ss location, cause most of the best looking females are either sleeping during black Friday or shopping for their husband.

Either way, gettin' numbers at 4AM wouldn't motivate my a.ss to wake up. Paying me double my salary definitely would though.
i understand that...money>>>>> over women...I'm just saying down here where I'm at they have some bad a.ss females.......and no matter what time it is, a day like black friday, oh they are going to be up in that store shopping their a.sses off..young and old......with nice shapes.

and I ain't talking about no early hours like that, black friday is all day long right? so I'm sure if they not coming in around 4 in the morn, they'll be up in there a little later.

I'm just speaking from someone that use to work retail...working early in the damn morning when I didn't want to be there......I was thinking about one thing standing at that cash register, the hours I've accumulated on my next pay check, and then I thought about something else when a bad a.ss female walked up to my register at 8 in the morn.

Last edited by Motivated; 11-20-2011 at 09:14 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #71
space
space
 GROUCHCARTEL said:
It's a sad day when people sympathize more with corporate companies who exploit it's employees with the same irrelevant logic that I see on this board.The only reason unemployment is at such an all time high is cause corporate scumbags on Wall Street bankrupted our economy and our funds were drained f!ghting all the wars in the middle east.People should be grateful to have a job but to then make them leave their families(newborns,parents,children,) so they can be at work at midnight to make corporate execs richer is just insane.Sympathize with people in the struggle,not the companies taking advantage of a struggling economy to make their bottom line fatter...what's next?Christmas?New Years day?
fu*k out of here, Black Friday has been going on since well before the recession and will be going on well after it ends. People who work retail know its part of working the job and if they don't like it then they shouldn't have taken the job.
 11-20-2011, 09:20 PM         #72
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ this n*gga is ruthless .....
 6 years ago '04        #73
famoussasjohn 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,705 | Props total: 193 193
holiday hours? they aren't even open on thanksgiving from what I remember and they open at 12AM..who is with their family eating and sh*t at 12AM? fu*king pus*y employees. I was working at the store 3 hours before the shopping even began. Grow a pair you pussies.
 6 years ago '06        #74
tg4hiphop 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,004 | Props total: 26 26
im workin 4am to 3 pm today. its money
 6 years ago '05        #75
MelloYelloMD 
space
space
$1,929 | Props total: 34 34
I worked for Best Buy as a cashier when we had to come in at 12am-2am for a 5am opening. It sucks all the way around but if other retailers are doing it they are forced to do it if they want to get their share of the holiday spending. I thought the AM shift at 5am was absurd, but you do what you gotta do for that check. All employees have the same option I took...GTFOT(here) and get a 9-5. Corp. job FTW.
 6 years ago '11        #76
mhurricane266 
space
space
$2,559 | Props total: 547 547
 lilsnatch770 said:
fu*k out of here, Black Friday has been going on since well before the recession and will be going on well after it ends. People who work retail know its part of working the job and if they don't like it then they shouldn't have taken the job.

And that right there is pretty much it in a nutshell. The people at the big chains especially shouldnt be surprised..the Best Buys/Walmarts..Id understand if it was some crappy store like Radio Shack but from day one you know your working black friday and you know your coming in stupid early.. Holiday pay...Ill leave it at that...that sh*ts good to a n*gga pocket!!.
 6 years ago '05        #77
QualityRecords 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,108 | Props total: 1556 1556
 lilsnatch770 said:
I don't think they mind working black friday. All these companies just announced like a week or two ago that they were gonna open at midnight this year instead of 5am like they usually do. So now instead of just missing some sleep they pretty much can't get any sleep AND they can't see their families on Thanksgiving. Apparently lots of consumers are pissed too, not only because they have to be up even earlier but also they feel bad for the employees.

As for the person who quoted me asking why they can't go back to 5am.... once these companies start doing this they can't go back because they'll always have a small number of customers that will be early no matter how early you open the doors and they want to get the best deals regardless. They're the ones that f!ght over Elmos and sh*tty TVs that they wouldn't normally buy but since its in the ad they HAVE to have it. lol

I can sympathize with the employees because I've been there and it sucks. You're already working ridiculous hours as it is (I work 50+ every week starting in November until the first week of January) and then they take away the little bit of relief you had before the big day. Kinda sucks man, not gonna lie. I don't mind working 12 hours or even 15 but when you start cutting into Thanksgiving I think its going too far.
 11-20-2011, 09:44 PM         #78
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Outlawfromabove said:
Be happy you have a job bastards. I wont front used to work there and it sucked having to come in hungover at 6 am and work 12 hours. But I did not complain when the check came.
lol u sound weak and submissive..."thank u for working me for cheap labor boss. im thankful i gotta job"
 6 years ago '05        #79
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13740 13740
 BooHaggle McGee said:
damn dawg Im sorry

I used to work sh*tty hours at an insurance firm...felt like I was in hell...promised myself I would rather die than let that sh*t be my life..

Finished school and now its all good...but I seriously think I woulda committed suicide if I had to live like that forever
What were your hours before?
 6 years ago '04        #80
space
space
 QualityRecords said:
I don't think they mind working black friday. All these companies just announced like a week or two ago that they were gonna open at midnight this year instead of 5am like they usually do. So now instead of just missing some sleep they pretty much can't get any sleep AND they can't see their families on Thanksgiving. Apparently lots of consumers are pissed too, not only because they have to be up even earlier but also they feel bad for the employees.
I get why they are bi*ching but damn who is eating with their family at 11pm? Say you have to be in work at 11 and you leave at 1030 for work.

IDK about you guys but I normally eat dinner at like 4pm on Thanksgiving. So you get to spend 6 hours with your family.

Some people just want to bi*ch
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy