Nov 20 - Best Buy Workers Protest Black Friday Hours

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
35 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-23-2011, 08:40 AM         #221
reese0809 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man I need to sign this sh*t. I'm a part time Geek Squad Computer Technician at Best Buy and I have been scheduled fu*king 38.25 hours. Mind you, I have a full time job with a defense contractor. This sh*t is wrong. On top of that they have all employees scheduled for 12 hours shifts on black Friday (either 11:30pm thanksgiving night - 11:00am or the 11:00am to 11:00pm). I was also recently forced to increase my availability to Friday and Saturday. This retailer has no heart anymore for the employees that it employs. I have also had conversations with customers that are like "i'm so sorry that you guys have to work like that on Black Friday and how crazy it is for a 12am midnight opening.
 11-23-2011, 09:12 AM         #222
reese0809 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Merk said:
They signed up for the JOB, they gotta work. Either that go back to school and get a full time job so you dont have to put up w/ that retail sh*t.
when i got hired, 5 years ago, my availability was set. Since those 5 years I have been forced to change it by upper management a total of 5 times to increase the hours that I can be scheduled to work. Now, you can go and take that argument that you cover and apply it to jobs in which it is expected of people to work holidays (airline workers, transportation, healthcare workers, etc.) but I did not agree or obtain a job at best buy with the expectation of a part time job increasing my weekly hours from (15-20) to a fu*ked up 38.25 hours during fu*king Thanksgiving week. It's not my fault that Best buy drove away 15% of their workforce by forcing part time workers to increase their hours or they were immediately terminated. Their grand idea was to have to not employ seasonal workers. smh. Before you go and make generalized a.ssumptions, learn your motha fu*king facts.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #223
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,323 | Props total: 511 511
im losted here, how is it cutting into anyones time when it opens at midnite. whats happening at midnite yo isnt thanksgiving over
 6 years ago '04        #224
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,898 | Props total: 2529 2529
 reese0809 said:
when i got hired, 5 years ago, my availability was set. Since those 5 years I have been forced to change it by upper management a total of 5 times to increase the hours that I can be scheduled to work. Now, you can go and take that argument that you cover and apply it to jobs in which it is expected of people to work holidays (airline workers, transportation, healthcare workers, etc.) but I did not agree or obtain a job at best buy with the expectation of a part time job increasing my weekly hours from (15-20) to a fu*ked up 38.25 hours during fu*king Thanksgiving week. It's not my fault that Best buy drove away 15% of their workforce by forcing part time workers to increase their hours or they were immediately terminated. Their grand idea was to have to not employ seasonal workers. smh. Before you go and make generalized a.ssumptions, learn your motha fu*king facts.

[pic - click to view]

i caught the boot after 7 years because of that.. it was smart strategic if you ask me...

change the discount from 5 percent above cost to no more than 50% a month before the mass termination so you make profit off the employees, Force all the weekend warriors and part time workers to increase hours or do a Mass termination. Rehire new employees so one they dont know what great of a discount they had and also you can pay them less. People will go for anything during this recession..

smart moves if you ask me. but the step towards failure when you turn against the employees.
 11-23-2011, 09:46 AM         #225
reese0809 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ace2125 said:
im losted here, how is it cutting into anyones time when it opens at midnite. whats happening at midnite yo isnt thanksgiving over
News Flash #1: Everyone doesn't live in the same city or state as their relatives.

News Flash #2: If you're scheduled to work monday, tuesday, wednesday, and friday....and News Flash #1 also holds true, how in the fu*k can you go spend time with your fam. I used to be able to spend a whole day with them, not anymore. I can only go for a couple of hours or not even go at all.
 6 years ago '08        #226
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23299 23299
massive retail chain increases hours during the busiest week of the year, news at 11
 6 years ago '04        #227
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 reese0809 said:

[pic - click to view]

god forbid a company tries to increase their profit and productivity. seriously, if you dont like it, find a job worthwhile you ugly bi*ch. dont come crying and complaining about a 38 hr work week, im sure there are thousands of people that would love your job
 11-24-2011, 03:02 PM         #228
reese0809 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sabotage said:
god forbid a company tries to increase their profit and productivity. seriously, if you dont like it, find a job worthwhile you ugly bi*ch. dont come crying and complaining about a 38 hr work week, im sure there are thousands of people that would love your job
First of all, if you read my post, you would see that this is my PART TIME JOB, which means that I DONT NEED A HUGE AMOUNT OF HOURS. I would love it for them to hire someone else. God, I didn't think that there would be suce an uncaring and stupid person up in here.
 6 years ago '07        #229
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
Make sure you quit your job before next Thanksgiving, early reports say this was one of the most profitable black Fridays ever.

Retailers gonna be calling it "Black Wednesday Thru Saturday" next year and schedule all these workers for 24 hr shifts.
 12-12-2011, 10:16 AM         #230
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ike! said:
I hate the line "be happy you have a job"

fu*k that.. I'm sick and tired of hearing that bullsh*t. I worked hard to get my education and I bring value to whatever position I go into so be happy you have me working at your company.

Realest comment on here
 12-12-2011, 10:52 AM         #231
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 omglolwtfbbq said:
Make sure you quit your job before next Thanksgiving, early reports say this was one of the most profitable black Fridays ever.

Retailers gonna be calling it "Black Wednesday Thru Saturday" next year and schedule all these workers for 24 hr shifts.
 12-12-2011, 05:03 PM         #232
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reese0809 said:

[pic - click to view]

Co-sign, I work in inventory and we had a team of 10, for the past two months, seven have quit leaving THREE left to work three large trucks a week until 1/5/2012, with no help being hired at all smh.
 12-12-2011, 05:45 PM         #233
pufntrees718 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how people still goin in on this topic when it happened last month.i guess people are still mad.
 6 years ago '11        #234
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,374 | Props total: 3810 3810
Hell yeah we mad. Glad walmart opened early so I can get my 47in tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago