Stern threatening to void contracts, many players wishing he would

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #21
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
better not void point gods
 6 years ago '04        #22
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,385 | Props total: 3845 3845
we would be fu*ked. this fu*king sucks man..

this was gonna be an up year for us too..
 11-17-2011, 11:59 AM         #23
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
DO IT fu*kER. MY d!ck IS HARD.

6 years ago '09        #24
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,652 | Props total: 2763 2763
 TriniSoldier said:
bucks too, them n*ggas dont get no love.
They just made the playoffs back in 2010

Injuries and horrible contracts plagued them last season.
 6 years ago '08        #25
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 TriniSoldier said:
kings, no. clippers need to go to seattle tho. then delete the raptors and wolves
the raptors play in one of the biggest cities in the league, and are one of the most profitable teams. you can't just cut teams because they suck

same for the clippers. why would anybody leave LA to go to a city that just lost their team
 6 years ago '09        #26
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,997 | Props total: 22299 22299
 ReggieA said:
They just made the playoffs back in 2010

Injuries and horrible contracts plagued them last season.
they did make the playoffs but you know they only care about football in milwaukee, bag and tag em.
 Dee Grande said:
the raptors play in one of the biggest cities in the league, and are one of the most profitable teams. you can't just cut teams because they suck

same for the clippers. why would anybody leave LA to go to a city that just lost their team
Nobody would want to leave a city like that for a city like seattle, but the basketball world needs it. Seattle needs another run, and those n*ggas share an arena so it aint like LA gonna be missing there baby brother team, and there owner is a piece of sh*t anyway as well so get rid of him, clean house, and move em to seattle fu*k it.

I'm just tired of these whack teams complaining. I got a bag em and tag em attitude about a lot of these n*ggas, and it aint about just you suck you gotta go. Teams with history, and legacy even if they suck have to stay for the sake of the game, like the 76ers for example even though they just made the playoffs. But a lot of these other teams, a lot of these little n*ggas complaining that they cant compete and on this bullsh*t, handin out dumb contracts and blaming the big boy teams, fu*k em, get rid of em
 6 years ago '05        #27
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,887 | Props total: 104 104
How can he do this in a lockout?

Thats what i dont understand between this and NFL. NFL nothing could happen because there was to be no NFL business conducted. Why can Stern conduct NBA business during lockout?

Edit: although this would do nothing but help the Heat i just dont understand it
 6 years ago '10        #28
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,600 | Props total: 30544 30544
Everybody would go to the knicks
 6 years ago '07        #29
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 SmoothTay said:
Everybody would go to the knicks
or BK according to net fans
 6 years ago '05        #30
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
 Dee Grande said:
not all owners are making a big deal about the player's money. my guess is that the players wouldn't mind having a payment system sorta like baseball, where if owners wanna get wild with their money, they can (ie. dolan, cuban). or if they don't, they won't (ie. jordan, sterling)

stuff like BRI negotiations wouldn't even exist anymore, so it's a moot point. salaries would most likely be based on whatever a particular owner is willing to pay
so you're saying it would basically be an uncapped year and teams/owners would have to fend for themselves?
 6 years ago '98        #31
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,190 | Props total: 3571 3571
If stern voids contracts, I can see a lot of star players joining forces for less money just to spite Stern. Tdot forever a lottery team.
 11-17-2011, 03:52 PM         #32
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So it'd be like fantasy draft in 2K? I can dig it...
 6 years ago '08        #33
space
space
 StateProperty88 said:
so you're saying it would basically be an uncapped year and teams/owners would have to fend for themselves?
pretty much

on the bright side for small owners, they could spend whatever makes them comfortable (maybe 45-60 mil). but then there'd be nothing in place to stop somebody like LA or NY from dropping $100 mil. in a sport like basketball, cheap teams would probably never stand a chance at winning.

my guess is the players wanna use the threat of a system like this as leverage to get owners to ease up on some of the "competitive balance" restrictions they put in the CBA. cuz the league wont have a lick of balance in a free market
 6 years ago '05        #34
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
Even with the cap you still have a disproportionate amount of spending anyway...Probably wouldn't be that much of a difference in a free market team. The same teams with no chance of winning still wouldn't have a chance at winning
 6 years ago '08        #35
space
space
 Sheeed said:
Even with the cap you still have a disproportionate amount of spending anyway...Probably wouldn't be that much of a difference in a free market team. The same teams with no chance of winning still wouldn't have a chance at winning
yeah, i dont think it'd alter the league's parity too much from where it currently is (wouldn't help either though). you'd probably still have 4-5 teams spending big money (just without a tax penalty). and then maybe a few at the bottom being complete cheapskates.
 6 years ago '10        #36
GUNITZCAPO 
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 9 9
[QUOTE][And the bobcats as well
/QUOTE]

watch ya mouth fu*k boy...only professional team in NC...and i be in der like[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]

belee dat plehboi[IMG]
[pic - click to view]

[/IMG]
 11-17-2011, 04:27 PM         #37
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriniSoldier said:
kings, no. clippers need to go to seattle tho. then delete the raptors and wolves
Clippers and Raptors are actually profitable though. For some reason people support those trash Raptors and the Clippers clean up just because they play in Staples, people got money and nothing to do on a Friday night they going watch the game, and they are stacked with high fliers that always helps.
 6 years ago '04        #38
Franchise08 69 heat pts69
space
space
$3,834 | Props total: 4 4
 CashNy said:
The kings need to either move or get deleted

And the bobcats as well
I love the constant morons looking at two basics, small markets, and team W/L to make contraction decisions...k!ll yourself smurf....lol a moron Laker fan giving an intelligent opinion? what did I expect I guess. Kings are not going to get eliminated by contraction, they are actually doing great AS LONG AS THE MALOOFS decide to spend money and build even an average team, which it's getting close. I won't go too deep but you, sir, are a clown stop saying bs crap others are just blabbering with no background info. Fact is considering the size of the market (tiny) and the moron people that live in the town and would NEVER EEEEVVVVEEER vote for anything to improve it (Airport terminals, arenas, etc, etc), the idiot people vote down anything that involves spending a few more tax dollars in order to imporve longterm, sad.....give the Lakers the Bobcats record and see how many fans show up and get excited about Laker basketball....(huge market), once again, chump.

Last edited by Franchise08; 11-17-2011 at 04:32 PM..
 11-17-2011, 04:30 PM         #39
mckart30 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t move a small market team to las vegas... like the kings maybe? or the wolves... Nevada has mad money
 6 years ago '07        #40
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6127 6127
stern is an idiot. that works against him. he would have a sh*tload of lawsuits against him by the players and put him in a bad position with the owners.

david stern seriously has no idea what he's doing and i question his mental health.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now