Subliminal War Zone: Ludacris Disses Drizzy Drake & Big Sean on Bada Boom

most viewed right now
 NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
118 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
82 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
95 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
12912 pageviews
140 comments

01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,967 | Props total: 3474 3474
Subliminal War Zone: Ludacris Disses Drizzy Drake & Big Sean on Bada Boom

[video - click to view]

KingHenrythe2nd said: image
Subliminal? He basically shouted them n*ggas out

image image image

[video - click to view]

Some people call it the “hashtag” rap flow or the “pause, stop” rap flow or the “supa dupa” flow. Whatever the name, there’s still controversy about who created it and Ludacris has some scathing words for Drake and Big Sean on his new track “Bada Boom,” on which he targets innuendo that he bit that style from them.

Although Luda doesn’t mention names, it is quite obvious he is addressing Drake and Big Sean.

“I’m the truth in this booth and you n*ggas all hoes,” Luda raps on “Bada Boom.” “Counterfeit rappers say I’m stealing their flows, but I can’t steal what you never made up biiitch/ Y’all some duplicate rap cloning n*ggas/I manufacture you hoes put on your makeup biiitch…”

Later Cris continues: “May not like the way I used it, but you know you ain’t invent it, boy/Do your research before you make a claim so bogus that’s disrespecting pioneers in the game.”

When asked about the song this morning on Shade 45’s “Sway In The Morning” radio program, Luda didn’t reveal who he was going at on the song, but did want all the listeners to know he was only defending himself. “I don’t start these things, I finish them,” Cris told Sway.

Luda also addresses the controversy on “History Lesson,” another joint off his 1.21 Gigawatts: Back To the First Time mixtape. On the track, Cris plays snippets of songs from throughout the years, where MCs such as Notorious B.I.G., Method Man, Cam’ron and Q-tip used the infamous “pause, stop” flow.

Perhaps the drama boiled over, when Drake, who has taken the flow to new heights on songs such as “Forever,” credited Big Sean for fathering the style. At separate points last year and this year, both MCs accused Ludacris of taking from them on his song “My Chick Bad.”

“I don’t want to sound c*cky, but the best way it’s been used was on ‘Forever,’” Drizzy told Allhiphop.com in 2010. “Those lines just all individually make so much sense. They’re all punchlines. Then a bunch of rappers started doing it and using the most terrible references in the world. I don t want to offend somebody. I hate that rappers picked that flow up. I wish they had left that for people that know how to use it. [They go like] ‘It’s a parade! Macy’s!’”

Luda does rap, “Coming down the street like a parade…Macy’s,” on “My Chick Bad.”

Meanwhile in March, while on MTV’s Rap Fix, Sean talked about Cris as well.

“Drake really made it more popular, but Drake gave me the credit and was like ‘I really got that from Big Sean,’” Sean said. “I think some artists just did it so wack, man. Every time I say names I get in trouble and it’s like I’m dissing, but some people used it wack. If [Drake] said Ludacris used it wack, hey.”

Sean also said he wasn’t throwing daggers at ATL’s Mouth of the South.

“Don’t get it wrong I’m not trying to diss Ludacris or nothing,” Big Sean continued. “He’s a great MC. But even though that style got so overused, there was a lot of people who did it great and there was a lot of people who didn’t do it so great. People always ask me, ‘Was you mad that people took that style from you? I’m like, ‘Nah, that went and shows me how far I can go as an artist.’ I feel like I changed hip-hop. I haven’t even dropped an album yet. So that goes to show me how powerful my mind is.”–Shaheem Reid

[pic - click to view]

Ludacris Aims “Bada Boom” Track at Drake & Big Sean | XXLMAG.COM

Drizzy not about to let this s.hit slide....Luda should of named names, he's scared.

Last edited by 01seay; 11-15-2011 at 10:58 PM..

140 comments for "Subliminal War Zone: Ludacris Disses Drizzy Drake & Big Sean on Bada Boom"

11-15-2011, 08:29 PM         #2
the player 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '04        #3
~:Frank White:~ 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,765 | Props total: 135 135
Jay-Z never say names...u need a fuccin dictionary and google decode just figure out how was his day!
 6 years ago '10        #4
Dextromethorphan 217 heat pts217
space
space
space
$27,807 | Props total: 13 13
luda>
 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM         #5
T Bonics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ludacris will wreck drakes career..have him crying to birdman to squash it.
 6 years ago '10        #6
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,405 | Props total: 2348 2348
Drake and Big Sean should be getting at Nicki for that though... but of course they won't cause she's a broad.

it's going down... basement
 6 years ago '11        #7
King Henry 547 heat pts547
space
space
$43,965 | Props total: 9855 9855
Subliminal? He basically shouted them n*ggas out

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #8
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
luda>>those two f*gs

his verse on the made u look remix alone >> anything those to pus*yholes have done in their careers
 6 years ago '10        #9
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
who's the person he's referring to at the end (2chainz?)

he should shouted out sean price tho
 6 years ago '10        #10
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,491 | Props total: 9784 9784
 6 years ago '05        #11
Flatbush85 53 heat pts53
space
space
$14,378 | Props total: 658 658
Damn this sh*t just convinced me to download the mixtape though. I held off because Ludacris has been disappointing the last couple of years.
 6 years ago '04        #12
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 2015 2015
Ludacris can put together some "Ether" like material.. this song wasn't it.. but if Drake come at him.. Luda could go hard on him quick.

I think Drake talks about it.. but never makes any records dissing.
 6 years ago '08        #13
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,516 | Props total: 17127 17127
I hope this brings the end to that horrible style, I remember hoey make fun of this silly rhyme sh*t like this years ago, now the entire rap game is full of this sh*t and he now he even uses it trying to fit in.
 6 years ago '08        #14
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
n*ggas know Luda is a monster....drake really dont want it.
 6 years ago '08        #15
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23316 23316
love it

I don't start it I finish it
 6 years ago '11        #16
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,556 | Props total: 9458 9458
 ~:Frank White:~ said:
Jay-Z never say names...u need a fuccin dictionary and google decode just figure out how was his day!
what does that have to with anything? lol

but i always thought it was funny how big sean took credit for that style when so many people were doing it he just did it all the fu*king time instead of like a couple times a song, forever wasn't a good example of this flow either so idk what drake talking about. Forever usage was still better than what they made fun of luda for but still
 6 years ago '05        #17
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #18
sbrown1 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 597 597
not like drake verse on forever was even hot
 6 years ago '11        #19
xrayvisionmedia 
space
space
$366 | Props total: 14 14
I dont want to be a k!ll joy, however if you receive a subliminal message you are not conscious of the fact you have received the message.

Therefore if you think you hear a diss, it cannot be subliminal, it has to be conscious.

Stay in school kids.
 6 years ago '08        #20
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,248 | Props total: 13617 13617
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
21 hours ago