Drake did NOT have a privileged childhood.

most viewed right now
Crazy sh-t you never knew about Netflix
49 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake says he's been in love with Rihanna since he was 22 years old at ..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Drake and Diddy's Relationship Was Never the Same After This
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
soft azz weak mill friends wanna act hard again at VMA (Drake really clowning ..
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #1
23055 pageviews
140 comments

Kun 9 heat pts
space
space
$204 | Props total: 2 2
Drake did NOT have a privileged childhood.

Itís the same sh*t how I used to say everybody thinks I went to some private school and my family was rich. Maybe itís my fault. Maybe I havenít talked enough about it, but I didnít grow up happy. I wasnít in a happy home.

My mother was very sick. We were very poor, like broke. The only money I had coming in was off of Canadian TV, which isnít that much money when you break it down. A season of Canadian television is under a teacherís salary, Iíll tell you that much. Itís definitely not something to go fu*king get.

Q: Every story has you growing up in this very affluent, all-Jewish neighborhood.

Hereís the thing, I grew up on Weston Road. Thatís near the west end of the city. Itís not the nicest area in the world. I grew up there. I moved to Forest Hill in the sixth grade. So I didnít grow up in Forest Hill. I grew up out there. My pictures are in the school, Iím sure. You can go check it out. I went to Weston Collegiate for summer school. I wasnít always in Forest Hill.

My mother happens to be a Jewish woman. She wanted the best for her family. She found us a half of a house we could live in. The other people had the top half, we had the bottom half. I lived in the basement, my mom lived on the first floor. It was not big, it was not luxurious. It was what we could afford.

From there, I switched to a school called Vaughan Road, which again, is not by any means the easiest school to go to. Itís a tough school. I went to visit my dad in Memphis. Iíve been around a lot of sh*t in my life, and I just donít solicit those stories. Those are just my stories man.

My life is mine to remember. Right now, I feel like Iím telling you this to prove something to you, and that bothers the fu*k out of me. Why does it matter? Do I make music you enjoy? Fine. What does it matter where I came from?

Is it going to make you feel better to know that, ďOh man, I used to hang out with Yo Gotti and his manager in Memphis, before his manager got locked up, and I almost got shot in Memphis on New Years Eve, because we used to play around with guns and sh*t.Ē Does that make you feel better? Does that make me more official all of a sudden?

I went to school with kids that were flying private jets. This guy distributes Rolex in Canada, and this person owns Turtle car wax, and this person owns Roots clothing, and I went to school with kids who were very fortunate. I never fit in. I was never accepted.

I donít know, thatís why I never do it. Whatís the point? Then itís the flip side like, ďSo what? You think because...Ē I donít know man. For me, when it comes to ever, ever trying to explain myself or defend myself, I just let the music speak for itself. Thatís all I want to be judged on anyway. My life is my life. Thatís all that should matter.

Of course, itís never going to be all that matters, because people in this generation especially, are obsessed with details of your life. I guess thatís what it is. I always feel guilty that if I start really telling people past-time stories about what I actually used to do, and the fact that I didnít have a father, because he was in jail two separate times.

He did a two-year bid and a three-year bid, I was there when he got taken down. We had just gotten back from Memphis. sh*t like that. I feel weird saying that sh*t, because why am I telling you this? It doesnít have anything to do with my album, my music, who I am as a man. Iím doing it so readers can be like, ďAw man, fu*k. That makes it a little better. Cool.Ē

Iíve seen a lot man. Iíve seen a lot of life, put it that way. Iíve been with the most blessed kids in the world. Iíve been with people whose life is right at the bottom of the barrel. I was on a TV show, I went to art school, I went to hood schools. Iíve lived. Iíve lived a full 24 years man.

[pic - click to view]

Food for thought. image

140 comments for "Drake did NOT have a privileged childhood."

11-15-2011, 03:55 PM         #2
MasterMind715 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I hope this thread is not serious
 11-15-2011, 03:56 PM         #3
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres no way his salary was under a teachers salary, this niggggga is buggggggin

drake was ghostwritin in the industry too before sfg dropped
 5 years ago '11        #4
chizz 
space
space
$3,286 | Props total: 449 449
drake couldnt get every new pair of j's . he had to settle for addidas some weeks. feel sorry for brah
 5 years ago '10        #5
Moony Jackson 320 heat pts320
space
space
$19,367 | Props total: 374 374
imo some rich kids dont like that they grew up rich so they go slumming

and then they get mad that ppl constantly throw it in they face that they been rich forever

but other rich kids was spoiled and like to flaunt that they peoples got long money

ymcmb baby

wait...what?

I got trust issues
 5 years ago '10        #6
Agentzer0oo0 197 heat pts197
space
space
$64,642 | Props total: 8202 8202
 ondatpurple said:
imo some rich kids dont like that they grew up rich so they go slumming

and then they get mad that ppl constantly throw it in they face that they been rich forever

but other rich kids was spoiled and like to flaunt that they peoples got long money

ymcmb baby

wait...what?

I got trust issues
 YoungFly said:
but drake wasnt runnin cross the tracks to that trap house, only thing he sold was boy scout cookies.

11-15-2011, 04:20 PM         #7
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fataldawg said:
fu*k outta here. Dude grew up in a nice a.ss house with a mom that made sure he always had food. What a spoiled piece of sh*t.
Wait so if you live in a house that your parents worked their a.ss off for and made sure there was food on the table then you are a spoiled piece of sh*t? Sounds like you just hate the world cause your mom didn't hug you at night.

And I guess I'm a spoiled piece of sh*t as well.
 5 years ago '09        #8
Lupe Hunter 73 heat pts73
space
space
$14,561 | Props total: 2497 2497
Why is Drake so ashamed of growing up as a privileged child. n*gga you was on Degrassi

Be happy with what you got
 5 years ago '10        #9
A.Dot789 1018 heat pts1018
space
space
$13,378 | Props total: 4155 4155
 YoungFly said:
but drake wasnt runnin cross the tracks to that trap house, only thing he sold was boy scout cookies.
 5 years ago '04        #10
jeehtoven 49 heat pts49
space
space
$5,582 | Props total: 206 206
I'm offended you would say such a thing.

Look at DMX's life and say that Drake's wasn't privileged.

Get the fu*k outta here.
 5 years ago '05        #11
Left Hook 25 heat pts25
space
space
$12,889 | Props total: 403 403
 fataldawg said:
fu*k outta here. Dude grew up in a nice a.ss house with a mom that made sure he always had food. What a spoiled piece of sh*t.

Are you mad because of that? You're mad that many mothers out there provide their kids with a nice house to live in and makes sure they always have food?

Isn't that what every mom would want for their kids? What if you make it out one day, and you provide the best for your kids? Would you want as*holes like yourself talking sh*t about your kids?

Your logic makes no damn sense. You'll never make it out, man. You've got a childish mentality.
 5 years ago '04        #12
refuze 177 heat pts177
space
space
$17,154 | Props total: 3417 3417
 fataldawg said:

WTF

As a teen he sounds more like a man than he does now

The fu*k happened to this n*gga's voice
 5 years ago '10        #13
A.Dot789 1018 heat pts1018
space
space
$13,378 | Props total: 4155 4155
 pkilla111 said:
drake wasn't handed sh*t though

i believe that

that n*gga works harder than anybody

they told him he would never make it in the music industry

look at him

imagine he listened to them
Drake hasnt been through sh*t compared to other rappers.
 5 years ago '10        #14
Moony Jackson 320 heat pts320
space
space
$19,367 | Props total: 374 374
 YoungFly said:
the boy scout uniform was just a front

he had g packs in the canteen
 5 years ago '05        #15
Stuart Scott 165 heat pts165
space
space
$21,434 | Props total: 6421 6421
drakes problems

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #16
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,747 | Props total: 54 54
I told yall but yall ain't hear me tho.
 5 years ago '05        #17
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,399 | Props total: 144 144
We use to blackmail this bi*ch at school for her fathers cohibas and romeo y julietta cigars...imagine if that bi*ch dad owned rolex...
 5 years ago '04        #18
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$38,536 | Props total: 1106 1106
 yeugkk said:
theres no way his salary was under a teachers salary, this niggggga is buggggggin

drake was ghostwritin in the industry too before sfg dropped
The STARS of the show got around ~$20,000 per season.

Other regulars get ~$11,000.

But what Drake and his "unfortunate, unprivileged" self didn't say, was that certain members of his family pulled strings to get him onto Degrassi.

Dude has lived a sheltered life and WAS privileged. Living somewhere until the 6th grade doesn't mean you grew up in hard times.
 11-15-2011, 04:56 PM         #19
MasterMind715 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its not his fault he had a good life but at the sametime he shouldn't act like he didn't either

He had a good life compared to 95 percent of the world he should be happy

I still can't believe he a rapper he goes against everything Hiphop was made for

Last edited by MasterMind715; 11-15-2011 at 04:59 PM..
 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM         #20
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, Drizzy is really telling it how it is.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nerdy Black Woman
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 27 - World's oldest human being discovered in Indonesia at the age..
66 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside kaepernick sat this bi-ch got me standing at full attention
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside AMAZING Color Photos of Native Americans in the 1800s!
244 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Aug 27 - NYPD, 16 shots and hitting a teen running away with air soft gun is j..
59 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Aug 27 - Mariah Carey's sister arrested for slanging that p*ssy
120 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ok.........Nike Air Max 96 II
26 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Aug 27 - US Military's Worst Nightmare: A War with Russia and China (at the Sa..
68 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy