Is Drake's Sophomore Album Too-Emo For Men?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is Drake's Sophomore Album Too-Emo For Men?
Fuck this album 77 63.11%
Naw I like it 45 36.89%
Voters: 122. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-15-2011, 10:01 AM         #41
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas on this site think they look hard when they hate on a n*gga for making soft music for females
 6 years ago '04        #42
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
Album is trash...

And his line should of read:

"Know that I don't make music for n*ggas who ain't pus*y
So those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me"

Drake knows
 6 years ago '05        #43
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1692 1692
 VerballyAbusive said:
Album is trash...

And his line should of read:

"Know that I don't make music for n*ggas who ain't pus*y
So those are the ones I count on to diss me or overlook me"

Drake knows
Sorry for being a grammar Nazi, but this is an Internet pet peeve of mine. It's supposed to be "should've", not "should of". "Should've" is a contraction of "should" and "have". "Should of" makes no sense. This problem doesn't pertain to just you.

I see too much of this on Boxden, man. I know people are going to start saying "omfg stfu this is an Internet message board, who cares". I'd agree to a certain extent, but I'm just trying to correct all of your grammatical errors so you can write with better grammar and syntax next time. If you can't get it right on a message board, how are you going to get it right when you're writing a report for your final term paper or for your job?
 6 years ago '10        #44
ReelCeasar 182 heat pts182
space
space
$6,030 | Props total: 4299 4299
 jwest600 said:
Drake can spit and So far gone was a classic... but this sh*t right here tho? Cmon man... there's one thing to be honest and open in your music, then there's this n*gga being honest and open about being a lame a.ss dude. I can respect dudes honesty and talent but the sh*t he saying about the things he's done, and the lame sh*t he's advocating I can't cosign... Thats weak... and dude with any type of self respect is not cosigning what this dude is saying....

But here's the thing.. Drake will do numbers, because that market for over-sensitive, bi*chmade n*ggas is spreading like c*ckroaches... there are alot of you mentally weak, sensitive, no male-role model, bi*chmade n*ggas out there that can "Relate" to the sh*t Drake is talking bout... They can relate to hating on other n*ggas, stalking broads that have no interest, going thru broads purses, hanging out in the "friendzone", looking for love in the strip club, putting every woman who gives him attention on a pedastal, etc etc... these aren't behaviors that men shouldn't display, and real women know that... it don't have to be "gangster" all the time but find me a real chick that wants a soft a.ss dude...

Then he insinuates that people that don't feel his music don't get pus*y? wow...good comeback u Lame... I don't know NO cat that does and advocates the things that Drake talks about and gets any type of significant pus*y... he may bc he's famous, but a woman likes a man that can stand on his own two, be a man, and not be overly emotional and sensitive... n*ggas who can relate to Drake are the same n*ggas crying over hoes, k!lling n*ggas over hoes, and wondering why they keep taking L's when it comes to women... they are wondering why "women like as*holes" and "nice guys finishing last", etc....

If i want to put sh*t on for women in my crib I'm playing some real R&B.. not no fu*king Drake... Some real R&B talking about what it is, and not no crying introspective emotional bullsh*t like Take Care.... I'll even put on Drake's November 18th.... but this take care sh*t is not for me
Damn this is some real sh*t...:agreement6:
 6 years ago '05        #45
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1692 1692
 jwest600 said:
Drake can spit and So far gone was a classic... but this sh*t right here tho? Cmon man... there's one thing to be honest and open in your music, then there's this n*gga being honest and open about being a lame a.ss dude. I can respect dudes honesty and talent but the sh*t he saying about the things he's done, and the lame sh*t he's advocating I can't cosign... Thats weak... and dude with any type of self respect is not cosigning what this dude is saying....

But here's the thing.. Drake will do numbers, because that market for over-sensitive, bi*chmade n*ggas is spreading like c*ckroaches... there are alot of you mentally weak, sensitive, no male-role model, bi*chmade n*ggas out there that can "Relate" to the sh*t Drake is talking bout... They can relate to hating on other n*ggas, stalking broads that have no interest, going thru broads purses, hanging out in the "friendzone", looking for love in the strip club, putting every woman who gives him attention on a pedastal, etc etc... these aren't behaviors that men shouldn't display, and real women know that... it don't have to be "gangster" all the time but find me a real chick that wants a soft a.ss dude...

Then he insinuates that people that don't feel his music don't get pus*y? wow...good comeback u Lame... I don't know NO cat that does and advocates the things that Drake talks about and gets any type of significant pus*y... he may bc he's famous, but a woman likes a man that can stand on his own two, be a man, and not be overly emotional and sensitive... n*ggas who can relate to Drake are the same n*ggas crying over hoes, k!lling n*ggas over hoes, and wondering why they keep taking L's when it comes to women... they are wondering why "women like as*holes" and "nice guys finishing last", etc....

If i want to put sh*t on for women in my crib I'm playing some real R&B.. not no fu*king Drake... Some real R&B talking about what it is, and not no crying introspective emotional bullsh*t like Take Care.... I'll even put on Drake's November 18th.... but this take care sh*t is not for me
Chill out, man. You're taking this *way* too seriously. You do realise this is all just music, right? It's entertainment. If you don't like it, it's all good. Just switch the channel. I don't know anyone who gets worked up over someone watching a garbage show that's overly emotional and what not. Who cares what other people like? If they relate to it then good for them. Music is subjective. It's a form of self expression.

Just because someone can relate to it doesn't mean they're soft; maybe they're in a place where they're in a solemn, sombre mood? There's nothing wrong with that. What? Do you expect people to be happy all the damn time?

It's not like Drake didn't put songs like Headlines, Over My Dead Body, Underground Kings, We'll Be Fine, Make Me Proud, Lord Knows, Look What You've Done and HYFR on the album. None of those songs are "emo". How are you going to disregard the existence of these songs just because he had other R&B-geared tracks on the album?

I respect the fact that you did reason with your opinion; I just happen to disagree with it, that's all.
 6 years ago '09        #46
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187
Too-emo for mankind is more like it.
 6 years ago '04        #47
refuze 285 heat pts285
space
space
$18,700 | Props total: 15527 15527
Drake helping switch roles in society.. making dudes act more like bi*ches.

Like my man Biggie said, THINGS DONE CHANGED.
 6 years ago '04        #48
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 SM said:
The first listen garnered the following reactions from my dudes:
“This is too f---in emotional man. He sounds like the male Mary J.”
“Softest dude ever.”
“Someone needs to email him the link to Childish Gambino. Help him get his testosterone back.”
“Nikki spits harder.”
 6 years ago '08        #49
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,827 | Props total: 12542 12542
album is soft as sh*t

no need to deny it
 6 years ago '10        #50
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,733 | Props total: 19632 19632
Don't like the album, but I can relate with Look What You've Done.
 6 years ago '05        #51
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,884 | Props total: 5696 5696
Drake is this generations Isaac Hayes of Rap
 6 years ago '05        #52
jwest600 
space
space
$977 | Props total: 11 11
 Left Hook said:
Chill out, man. You're taking this *way* too seriously. You do realise this is all just music, right? It's entertainment. If you don't like it, it's all good. Just switch the channel. I don't know anyone who gets worked up over someone watching a garbage show that's overly emotional and what not. Who cares what other people like? If they relate to it then good for them. Music is subjective. It's a form of self expression.

Just because someone can relate to it doesn't mean they're soft; maybe they're in a place where they're in a solemn, sombre mood? There's nothing wrong with that. What? Do you expect people to be happy all the damn time?

It's not like Drake didn't put songs like Headlines, Over My Dead Body, Underground Kings, We'll Be Fine, Make Me Proud, Lord Knows, Look What You've Done and HYFR on the album. None of those songs are "emo". How are you going to disregard the existence of these songs just because he had other R&B-geared tracks on the album?

I respect the fact that you did reason with your opinion; I just happen to disagree with it, that's all.
I can respect your oppinion G... I just feel that today's idea of "manhood" has gotten so diluted and sissyfied by mainstream media that men aren't calling this dude out on his bullsh*t... you are also right he does have songs that are not as emo as others, but i listen to lyrics too, and dude bars are just suspect sometimes, even in those songs...

Being a man and being emotionally weak/soft aren't things that I feel should be accepted/praised/cosigned/etc... but you are right it is just music and music is subjective... but art imitates life and there are dudes out here really taking L's like that and I feel its my responsibility to help a brother that may or may not of had a strong male influence in their lives to show them that you don't have to be this type of dude to get women... you dont have to be a sucker for love.. you can stand on your own 2 and deal with life/emotions with Logic and reason like a man should...
 6 years ago '05        #53
jwest600 
space
space
 Emperor85 said:
Drake is this generations Isaac Hayes of Rap
As a serious fan of isaac hayes... I demand you retract this statement lol... Isaac Hayes was singing about doing his thing... not being proud of all the L's he took....
 6 years ago '07        #54
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,626 | Props total: 2469 2469
n*ggas who like this album are the same lame a.ss emo muthafu*kas who liked that garbage a.ss 808s & heartbreak album from kanye..both albums are quite possibly the worst albums to ever come out from artist labeled as "male rappers" i put it in quotations because neither of these dudes seem like real men or rappers on these projects....sh*t atleast that terrible album by yay came from his depression and hurt he suffered from losing his mother, what is drakes excuse though ? rap is taking a dive into an empty pool these days ..aside from yolo and lord knows take care is garbage..he's way too emotional and lame to be taken seriously on this project...his debut was muchhhhhhhhhhhh better then this piece of sh*t

Last edited by Deniro732; 11-15-2011 at 11:28 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #55
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,884 | Props total: 5696 5696
 jwest600 said:
As a serious fan of isaac hayes... I demand you retract this statement lol... Isaac Hayes was singing about doing his thing... not being proud of all the L's he took....
i can tell you ain't a real fan,half the songs he wrote were about his L's in relationships

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Emperor85; 11-15-2011 at 11:39 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #56
greedy87 2 heat pts
space
space
$11,951 | Props total: 2327 2327
I don't make music for n*gga who dont get pus*y" - Dtake
 6 years ago '05        #57
blackninja 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,999 | Props total: 3515 3515
I like Drake but listening to the Album made me want to vomit...
 6 years ago '08        #58
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23338 23338
terrycloth drizzy
 6 years ago '05        #59
jwest600 
space
space
 Emperor85 said:
i can tell you ain't a real fan,half the songs he wrote were about his L's in relationships

You picked 3 songs out of 1,000s of songs so i guess your right about that

Isaac Hayes was an R&B singer.. not a Rapper... Isaac Hayes may have lost a bi*ch or 2 and made love songs about it but he didn't advocate or praise being weak and lame about it (taking an L).. big difference... there's a way to lose and keep your diginity but due to his ENTIRE body of work you've never heard ANYONE call Isaac Hayes "Soft"... thats Truck Turner.. he way a Black action hero.. fu*k u talking bout comparing him to Drake? GTFOH
 6 years ago '11        #60
FreeLance 
space
space
$30 | Props total: 0 0
Album is dope but way too soft at times
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago