Nba Players Reject Deal

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #141
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,914 | Props total: 25863 25863
what im failing to realize is why these players are hurting for money, Now i wouldnt take this deal either but for most of these guys if they never play another game in the nba again they should be set for life. what the heck are they doing with all the cash they made? kobe lebron wade hell even 2nd tier talent should be ok but then i see n*ggas have houses in like four different states and i understand a little more
 6 years ago '04        #142
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,344 | Props total: 11263 11263
i'm with the owners ...

greedy-ass players want way more than what is reasonable IMO
 6 years ago '07        #143
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,398 | Props total: 13096 13096
 Dextromethorphan said:
no the cba deal from 1999 and 2005 is over. both were signed when the economy was great. It doesn't hold any prescient in the present day. They are working with a blank slate while taking in account of the economic climate.

revenues are growing year over year? show me where you got that info
the starting point in a negotiation is always the previous deal. the same way owners can claim they made a concession by saying "well, it's not as bad as it COULD have been with the ridiculously unacceptable radical proposal we initially pulled out of our a.sses ." by that logic, players could have demanded 80% and considered it a concession to drop to 75. just because they had no problem willingly going to 53 doesn't mean that's not a big deal.

giving up the money was not the sticking point. giving up the money AND having a sh*tty system dumped on them was the problem. u have to get back something in return if ur going to make that kind of commitment, and the owners clearly thought they could just tag team the players by playing hardball and delivering ultimatum's repeatedly. that is not how negotiation works.

forbes. i can find nothing that says anything worse than revenues being flat. since player salaries r a function of revenues, the only thing that could lead to increasing losses would be such a drastic decrease in revenues that u can no longer cover ur fixed costs, or enormous increases in non-player expenses. in this case, it is the latter. it is literally not possible for it to be caused by anything else.
 6 years ago '06        #144
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,408 | Props total: 961 961
Yo at this point its fu*k the players...the deal they had on the table was good.

1. They get to keep existing contracts

2. The league bare min for players pay would rise from 5.5 mil to 7.8 mil in time.

3. They would have guaranteeing contracts!!!

4. No hard cap!!! they was pushing for it

The players decertifying is the dumbest thing they could have done...!!!!!!

Do they realize that once this sh*t is over with the bmi would go from the 50% to fu*king 45-42% at the least!!!! W T FFFFFFFFFF

EVERYBODY IS GETTING PAID BUT THE PLAYERS AND THESE n*ggaS ARE GIVING UP MONEY FOR SOME DUMB sh*t!!!

And fu*k the agents that told the players not to do it ...the agents told them not to take the deal because if they would have took the deal...there would be no need for the agents at all cause every1 would be on a set pay.
 11-14-2011, 08:35 PM         #145
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2 things I wanted to ask:

1) Decertification likely means no season this year. But given the months it takes in federal court and given how late this was filed, its gonna take months even years for legislative processesing and therefore is it likely that the 2012-2013 season gets axed? Some insiders said so

2) If that's the case, does Team USA get affected? I distinctly remember during the 1998 lockout, the players could not play on US men's team for the 98 FIBA World Championships. They had to replace the pros with CBA players, American players from Euro Leagues and College players. Would the same thing happen at this Summer Olympics?
 6 years ago '07        #146
space
space
 chevyrida6 said:
Yo at this point its fu*k the players...the deal they had on the table was good.

1. They get to keep existing contracts

2. The league bare min for players pay would rise from 5.5 mil to 7.8 mil in time.

3. They would have guaranteeing contracts!!!

4. No hard cap!!! they was pushing for it

The players decertifying is the dumbest thing they could have done...!!!!!!

Do they realize that once this sh*t is over with the bmi would go from the 50% to fu*king 45-42% at the least!!!! W T FFFFFFFFFF

EVERYBODY IS GETTING PAID BUT THE PLAYERS AND THESE n*ggaS ARE GIVING UP MONEY FOR SOME DUMB sh*t!!!

And fu*k the agents that told the players not to do it ...the agents told them not to take the deal because if they would have took the deal...there would be no need for the agents at all cause every1 would be on a set pay.
number 1 was never in question. number 2 is not true, it was supposed to be the average. and over a 10-year deal, that's completely misleading. revenue growth and inflation alone account for all of that increase. it has nothing to do with giving them more. number 3 is not a big deal. number 4 is not entirely true, because the new luxury tax rules were punitive enough to function more or less in the same way. i don't fault u for legitimately not understanding those things, hope that helps.

they decertified because collective bargaining as a union had no further value. stern said himself "we r done negotiating and it only gets worse from here." that is not fair and clearly there is nothing left for them to work out. they were never negotiating in the first place. all they did was make great use of psychological biases by anchoring their initial position so radically and making it seem like such a struggle to come up from that at all, then playing on the human mind seeing anything 50/50 as fair, regardless of what all that entails.

for the record, i don't think the deal on the table was horrible, it was OK if ur desparate to get back to basketball. as a fan, i would have loved if they took it. i can also understand why they didn't. if ur looking for a GOOD deal, keep fishing.
 6 years ago '07        #147
space
space
 Prophecy_projet said:
2 things I wanted to ask:

1) Decertification likely means no season this year. But given the months it takes in federal court and given how late this was filed, its gonna take months even years for legislative processesing and therefore is it likely that the 2012-2013 season gets axed? Some insiders said so

2) If that's the case, does Team USA get affected? I distinctly remember during the 1998 lockout, the players could not play on US men's team for the 98 FIBA World Championships. They had to replace the pros with CBA players, American players from Euro Leagues and College players. Would the same thing happen at this Summer Olympics?
the player's lawyers have said their goal is to be as expedient as possible. they said they're not even filing an injunction because it would take too long and they'll use other means. they're not even sure they're going to file a class action lawsuit yet. also, they can still strike a deal after decertifying like the NFL did, they just don't have union representation at the moment and won't have a committee representing them. i believe they'd all have to vote for it or negotiate individually. it's possible the NBA feels the pressure and puts something better on the table to get this over with. something tells me they don't want feds up their a.ss. they tried to play hardball, the players called their bluff, and it failed. that's where we r now.

i am not sure what agreements r in place that may or may not affect the olympics, so i can't say for sure.
 6 years ago '08        #148
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 rasheedwallace said:
i'm with the owners ...

greedy-ass players want way more than what is reasonable IMO
They were at 57%. how is dropping down 57% 52% greedy. All your favorite players who aren't biased owners already agree that the player should get the big cut. C'mon son!!!! I'm not watching this sh*t for the owners.

The players are looking from a down position. How can you guys be looking up. They were never at 50%. They players are going down.
 6 years ago '09        #149
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,273 | Props total: 19390 19390
Stern should have tried to avoid all this sh*t...Stern better watch out before dude is replaced lol
 6 years ago '07        #150
space
space
 YoungRay20 said:
They were at 57%. how is dropping down 57% 52% greedy. All your favorite players who aren't biased owners already agree that the player should get the big cut. C'mon son!!!! I'm not watching this sh*t for the owners.

The players are looking from a down position. How can you guys be looking up. They were never at 50%. They players are going down.
only basketball players can be greedy for "only" giving up $3 billion

dudes think just because they're used to being critical of athletes they can just blame them despite facts lol.
 11-14-2011, 08:59 PM         #151
DMoney3481 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Regardless to what happens, the NBA is dead to me, and it is due to the players that I feel this way. They don't work, they PLAY! Must be so hard only being able to have 3 mansions instead of 6.
 6 years ago '11        #152
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 Dextromethorphan said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #153
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4831 4831
 AirForce318 said:
I blame the owners solely... There is no way that the owners should expect the players to give back money that the owners gave them in '99.... The fact that the players dropped to 52.5 percent from 57 percent tells you that they were trying to negotiate... The owners hardballed the players and the players said no....

The only problem with this is that the NBA PA should have de-certified by AUGUST 1 at the latest, not NOV 14... The owners would rather lose the season and 95% of their fans rather than give the players a legit deal... If y'all wanted half, should have given half in the previous deal and not 57 percent...
they should hav neva got 57% in tha 1st place
 6 years ago '04        #154
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
fu*k it....instead of paying those fu*kers millions........get all new players that will play for 500,000 a year and donate the rest to charity.......these guys would be salty as hell.
 11-14-2011, 09:28 PM         #155
HERCH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ thats the kinda deal they will get now-- and b happy
 6 years ago '07        #156
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
yea the deal was so far u fools keep thinking that owners really want all teams to compete and they basically gave n*ggas a hard cap the deal was a.ss and i dont blame the players for not taking the deal. u just cant get bully into taking something cause in the long run sh*t will be worst and that what players are thinking about the long run
says the n*gga thats a lakers fan, kobe be taking all your guys team salary and sh*t
 6 years ago '07        #157
Nwrig004 
space
space
space
$230 | Props total: 0 0

[pic - click to view]

Wow the NBA just got over the last fu*k up now this
 6 years ago '08        #158
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 r.burgundy said:
This why we're in a lockout. How about the owners take the 52% and stop acting like f*gs. They can always screw the players somewhere else.
 6 years ago '07        #159
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
that took place in 99. people dont get understand that the economy was totally different back then. we have been in a recession for the past 3 years and owners are taking a huge hit, wasnt like 20 teams in the NBA losing money.

Players have guaranteed contracts, no reason to complain
 6 years ago '07        #160
space
space
 Pichito25 said:
...you mean the same 1% that the Billionaire owners are bi*ching about?

lets just say that the 1% = 100 million....32 owners,= a lil over 3 Mill.....

these owners have 1000......1000 Million dollars...and are bi*ching about 3 mill.

now you tell me again who is being greedy!
:j tcmonson:

really bro 1000 million dollars???? you mean 1 billion dollars
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy