Pitchfork Reviews Take Care

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
40 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
And they fu*king give Lil B - Im Gay 8.1
 6 years ago '07        #62
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,626 | Props total: 3273 3273
 Athavan 789 said:
And they fu*king give Lil B - Im Gay 8.1

So Lil B's I'm Gay and Drake's Take Care is better than GRODT, The Black Album, and Food & Liquor?

Can one of you Drake or B fans answer that question?
 6 years ago '04        #63
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,566 | Props total: 2426 2426
 DJ Maximum said:
well then... still doesnt matter this album wasnt good @ all thank me later was waaaaaaaayyyy better than this and thank me later was average.
^This

Maybe yall like that emo sounding production that 40 uses but it's getting old to me which is why I can't really listen to Drake's music anymore. It all sounds like the same sh*t.

DL95 said:
pitchfork is pretty good for new music but honestly i dont trust pitchfork for hip hop reviews, they gave paid in full a 7.8 but wtt a 8.5. If you want accurate reviews try rapreviews
I don't trust any site for hip-hop reviews. I'd rather form my own opinion instead of co-signing somebody else's

Last edited by NBA Brawler; 11-14-2011 at 05:41 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #64
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
 Blue Dream said:
Yo it got 0.1 higher on score. You n*ggas really bout to start a stan-war over this?
i was about to say the same thing

and pitchfork rap reviews be all over the place. i don't even like recovery that much but it should be higher than a 2

Last edited by justinjones; 11-14-2011 at 05:54 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #65
Lyrical Lexicon 28 heat pts28
space
space
$943 | Props total: 11 11
 DL95 said:
pitchfork is pretty good for new music but honestly i dont trust pitchfork for hip hop reviews, they gave paid in full a 7.8 but wtt a 8.5. If you want accurate reviews try rapreviews
RapReviews.com gave it an 8/10.

Then Metacritic, which takes 8 reviews spread across a group of established sites, had it at an 87%.

Last edited by Lyrical Lexicon; 11-14-2011 at 06:17 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #66
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
heres why reviews are dumb, we did this before and i forget what cd it was, but you have to look at who is reviewing it.

its not like 10 people get together, listen, debate, and give a score, its 1 guy who gets the a.ssiagment, i think it was the one guy Tom gave yonkers a 8 and Recovery a 3 or some sh*t, now i wont argue either is good or bad, but there are alot of people who will give those albums different numbers, and thats fine.

i dont feel like checking stats on people but its obviouse some review easier, or artist they like just get a.ssigned to them that week.

that being said the only review anyone should go by is there own, after listening to the cd in full and not skipping tracks
 6 years ago '04        #67
JTwizzy 
space
space
$2,053 | Props total: 0 0
Take Care is probably R&B album of the year. It's not hip-hop.
 6 years ago '05        #68
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1693 1693
Yeah, keep saying Pitchfork is dumb and that their reviews are all over the place. Sometimes they are, but the average for Take Care on Metacritic is 87:

I guess all the critics are wrong, huh? Whether you like it or not, while critics are just people like us with opinions (I'd know, since it used to be my job as well), their opinions get published for mass consumption.

Drake won. Take Care is dope.
 6 years ago '04        #69
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,566 | Props total: 2426 2426
 Left Hook said:
I guess all the critics are wrong, huh? Whether you like it or not, while critics are just people like us with opinions (I'd know, since it used to be my job as well), their opinions get published for mass consumption.

Drake won. Take Care is dope.
Nobody said the critics were wrong. A review can't be wrong or right because its all opinionated. But just because they liked it that doesn't mean I have to. The album may have been dope to you but it was boring to me
 6 years ago '05        #70
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1693 1693
 NBA Brawler said:
Nobody said the critics were wrong. A review can't be wrong or right because its all opinionated. But just because they liked it that doesn't mean I have to. The album was boring to me
I meant "I guess the *other critics were wrong, huh?" relative to everyone's complaints regarding Pitchfork. It's definitely fine with having an opposing opinion; I just dislike how people hate on Pitchfork only when it's convenient.
 6 years ago '11        #71
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400 OP
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 skillahmang said:
pitchfork has very solid reviews. thats why they said c4 was garbage. and you didnt agree though???

take care was miles alway better than c4.

time for wayne to hang it up and pass it over.
they didn't say C4 was garbage tho..just not up to par with his other works. You wanna see an album they called garbage, peep the Recovery review.

6 years ago '11        #72
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400 OP
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
 Athavan 789 said:
Pitchfork rated GRODT 7.0
Black Album 8.0
Thank Me Later 8.4

Truth hurts

young
 11-14-2011, 06:56 PM         #73
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man if you like Drake, cool. I think there's a need to prove to people, he just seems more of a singer than a rapper to some.
This album worked to his strengths more as an R&B artist anyway. I think his last album was a better balance of him rapping and singing but this one was more him harmonzing.

I think he's more R&B anyway and that's not a diss not

And yeah Pitchfork is a fairly hipster sight so you get an idea of what their preferences are. I never really agreed with all their reviews.
 6 years ago '08        #74
RoyaL CraCk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 1900 1900
pitchfork reviews are terrible when it comes to hip-hop and R&B. They should stick to rock and alternative music take care is far from being album of the year, not saying it's a bad album at all is actually good much better then thank me later. You can't even compare this to watch the throne it's basically an R&B record with a few rhymes thrown in.
 6 years ago '10        #75
rich21886 
space
space
$875 | Props total: 773 773
Album is good but that's about it I don't think Drake is a great singer or rapper definitely good but not great & being in YMCMB doesn't bring the best out of him
 6 years ago '05        #76
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,732 | Props total: 2223 2223
fu*k outta here. baby paying the sh*t outta these reviewers to rate it good. better than wtt??!?! seriously?? I almost flung dis sh*t out my car window till my boy text me back that he wanted it and then that n*gga ended up throwing it out the window. horrible a.ss cd and anyone who likes it has horrible taste in current music.
 11-14-2011, 08:55 PM         #77
MasterMind715 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see people ignored the fact that if we leave it up to critics MBDTF is the best hiphop album of all Time
 11-14-2011, 09:27 PM         #78
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Athavan 789 said:
Pitchfork rated GRODT 7.0
Black Album 8.0
Thank Me Later 8.4

word Pitchfork is on point like 20% of the time, at least with Kanye there was about 20 other sites that gave it a perfect score as well
 6 years ago '10        #79
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,221 | Props total: 563 563
Take Care is a terrible hip hop album, but a great rap and rnb influenced pop album. Drake is not a great rapper and I feel beats like "Lord Knows" are wasted on him, but he is a fantastic songwriter, has a good ear for beats and selects subjects that appeal to men and women alike. I still have to give it a few more full spins to really see how I feel about it. For me its kinda just more of the same from him.
 11-14-2011, 09:53 PM         #80
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tonystarks21 said:
LOL n*gga SAYING IT STILL DOESNT MATTER, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT BEFORE THAT INSTEAD OF SAYING BIRDMAN PAYED EM OF

@ U SAYING THANK ME LATER IS BETTER, EVERYONE KNOW TAKE CARE IS BETTER AND THE ALBUM OF THE YEAR

LMAO@ FIRST PEOPLE WERE QUICK TO SAY SO FAR GONE BETTER THEN TAKE CARE THEN THANK ME LATER BETTER THAN TAKE CARE, PEOPLE ARE SO QUICK TO SAY A PREVIOUS PROJECT IS BETTER THEN THE CURRENT PROJECT

TAKE CARE! YOU OLD a.ss n*gga
u obviously take it in the a.ss from drake
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
17 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy