[poll] Honestly, all biases aside... Who won the fight? Marquez or pacquiao

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
201 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
11 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who won the fight in your eyes?
Pacquiao 53 18.93%
Marquez 175 62.50%
Draw 52 18.57%
Voters: 280. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
i watched last night on british broadcast and thought marquez won. Watched it this afternoon with hbo and i thought pacman won. gotta watch it on mute without the bias.
 6 years ago '04        #62
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,308 | Props total: 12987 12987
 Liquid-Science said:
it was a draw

ties go to the champ

you gotta knock the champ out or at least convincingly beat his has...Marquez did neither

get mad
Exactly. A lot of them are Floyd fans--so they'll continue to be myopic.
 6 years ago '11        #63
7Wounds 1 heat pts
space
space
$549 | Props total: 0 0
 xRapHeadx said:
Pac 7-5 or 6-5-1

That first round, neither guy did anything, but Pac landed more. Could give it to Pac or call it even...Marquez didn't go for it down the stretch.

Close rounds go to the aggressor then the champion...Pac was the aggressor and the champ.
that's it. n*ggas feel like cause Pac djdnt through 496 punches per round lime usual he lost. Truth is JMM has a mjnd that can beat Pac but no long hjs a body that can. He got tired late and had chance to turn it but he was content with just chillin out every time he scored after the 5th. But yo idk how peolple are saying 9-3 Marquez lol that too much. I myself had it 5-3 Pac thriugh 8 and then about even after that.but ok lol JMM never hurt Pac. He fought that n*gga EXTRA careful almkst timidly. He knows that Tarzan sh*t wasn't work. Pac just out worked him. Great close f!ght JMM has nothing bjt respect from me.. But he got edged out.
 6 years ago '11        #64
7Wounds 1 heat pts
space
space
 dahabi said:
i think the bias lies in the fact that since manny didnt dominate the f!ght, people want to put that into their reasoning for saying he lost. we're used to seeing pacquiao breezing through opponents, so since he didnt, and the f!ght was close, its natural to hold that fact to a higher standard.
/thread

and they all lived happily ever after.... Well some did ....most just ignored how TRUE this is.
 6 years ago '07        #65
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 dahabi said:
i think the bias lies in the fact that since manny didnt dominate the f!ght, people want to put that into their reasoning for saying he lost. we're used to seeing pacquiao breezing through opponents, so since he didnt, and the f!ght was close, its natural to hold that fact to a higher standard.
you know what's so funny that's the same reason I believe people thought Floyd lost to Castillo the first time but of course that got brushed away. I guess that logic only works when your the medias darling
 6 years ago '11        #66
7Wounds 1 heat pts
space
space
 carltouss619 said:
you know what's so funny that's the same reason I believe people thought Floyd lost to Castillo the first time but of course that got brushed away. I guess that logic only works when your the medias darling
nope n*ggas was wildin on that one. Floyd has never even close to lost to me. That should however show you how emotionally biased MFs get about it.
 6 years ago '05        #67
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Marquez was landing the harder cleaner shots the WHOLE f!ght.

His counter punching threw Manny off the WHOLE f!ght. By the 5th round Manny was clearly frustrated.

Clean Hard Counter Punches > Hopping around Wild Flurries that may or may not connect

I think Manny Pacquio is a good f!ghter, but the Pacquio I'm a fan of did not show up last night.
That was an emo Manny that has now realized he's Bob Arum's Filipino boxing slave. Smh.
 6 years ago '10        #68
NaSty2446 
space
space
space
$183 | Props total: 24 24
I say draw. Juan did his thing once again but he needed to f!ght like he was losing and not let it go to the cards because when you do that your playing it safe on a close f!ght where it really could've went either way. All in all it was a great f!ght neither of them disappointed me and certainly was worth the money.
 6 years ago '05        #69
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
it was a draw

ties go to the champ

you gotta knock the champ out or at least convincingly beat his has...Marquez did neither

get mad
That's not boxing. That's a plot to a movie about boxing. I guess you and the judges watched the Rocky series just before this f!ght.
 6 years ago '11        #70
7Wounds 1 heat pts
space
space
@ Emo Manny, I don't agree with ur a.ssessment but I know EXACTLY what you mean by that sh*t too. He did t seem himself
 6 years ago '04        #71
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,120 | Props total: 229 229
Honestly, all biases aside, who gives a fu*k about boxing?
 6 years ago '05        #72
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 7Wounds said:
@ Emo Manny, I don't agree with ur a.ssessment but I know EXACTLY what you mean by that sh*t too. He did t seem himself
That sh*t looked cray at the end of the British broadcast with Mario Lopez wanting to know about Mayweather and Bob Arum stepping in there like "I think the fans would rather see another Marquez/Pacquio to settle this once and for all"!

Holy sh*t! They just gonna go hard on everybody's intelligence just like that huh?
In front of everybody! Oh sh*t.
 11-13-2011, 10:32 PM         #73
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

How the fu*k this n*gga win Pacquiao wasn't fu*king dominating nor controlling the f!ght. Marquez was in complete control of the entire f!ght.

[pic - click to view]

n*gga was in disbelief he won, dude about to faint he knew he lost. People throwing trash at his punk a.ss. Dude was getting boo'd, come on now he LOST. If anything the f!ght should be a draw again smh.
 6 years ago '04        #74
icetwenty4 
space
space
$531 | Props total: 31 31
 dahabi said:
I rarely post on here, but I don't think that's the case. Everyone who watched their previous f!ghts knew that this would be a close f!ght. These two boxers know each other very well, jmm fought a great f!ght, he fought his f!ght not pacs. But as a few have already mentioned there is too much money involved for jmm to win on a close f!ght. At best I thought he could get a draw, but the score card that read 116-112 was bs. It wasn't a robbery, but it wasn't right
 6 years ago '08        #75
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
i had pacman by a round. marquez was nice throughout the night landing nice counter combos and the cleaner shots, but he took his foot off the pedal when he was in control. yes, pac was definitely frustrated by JMM, but he stayed relentless and that allowed him to steal rounds when JMM eased up. like i said, i had pac by a round but would not have been disappointed with a draw or W for JMM.

and what people must understand is this. judges are like boxden members. they all have their own opinions and preferences. so in order to eliminate someones opinions, preferences, and likings from the equation the best one can, u have to f!ght from start to finnish. this isnt the only outcome in boxing that has ended like this. and for those claiming robbery, just know this...JMM had EVERY chance to take this f!ght out of the judges hands, to win without beyond a doubt. but he chose to leave it to the judges (i dont know why, its not like theyve favored him before) and suffered for it. if he would have fought like his life was on the line, like in the first f!ght, we wouldnt be having this discussion now.
 6 years ago '05        #76
Junior G 114 heat pts114
space
space
$54,052 | Props total: 6950 6950
I had Pac by 2 points.....it was close though and i can see why people picked Marquez, he did land the bigger shots.....I thought Manny was just consistent the whole f!ght.
 6 years ago '07        #77
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,408 | Props total: 889 889
 7Wounds said:
Watched the f!ght here in the Philippines at my brother in laws house, so everyone there was obviously big Pacquiao fans. Out of the 30 or so people there, it was only one or two who thought the decision was right. Everyone else just laughed when they announced the winner, and everyone was talking about how the f!ght was cooked and Arum and the powers that be would not let the cash cow go down. No one here celebrated the "victory", unlike past f!ghts. Even the wifeys fam, who are all die hard Pac fans admitted JMM got robbed and are now backtracking on Pac being able to beat Mayweather. The Money Team groupies seem to think that Pac fans are not objective and blindly d!ck ride Manny, but in fact most of the Filipinos I've talked to here all believe that JMM should have won. Myself, I had Marquez by a round or two, at worst a draw. Nacho really fu*ked up telling JMM that he was ahead. It's like JMM just coasted through the last couple rounds instead of f!ghting with a tad bit more urgency.

As far as him not looking like himself.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that JMM just has his number, but there are some reports of some personal stuff jumping off before f!ght night. A reporter here that covers all the Manny f!ghts, and is close with the boxer reported in a live conference call that Manny and wife Jinkee got into it the night before the f!ght and that cellphones were thrown and a glass table was shattered in Pacquiaos' suite. Since Jinkee arrived in the US, she has refused to talk to any reporters and in a video clip of her arriving at Pac's suite she seemed visibly upset when Manny greeted her. The reporter also confirmed that Alex Ariza and Manny got into it before the f!ght also. So it seems like Manny got some issues brewing at the home front and within Team Pacquiao.
 6 years ago '07        #78
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
 lifeundthescope said:
n*gga was in disbelief he won, dude about to faint he knew he lost. People throwing trash at his punk a.ss. Dude was getting boo'd, come on now he LOST. If anything the f!ght should be a draw again smh.
Even if you believe JMM was robbed, lmao @ using the crowd as evidence of anything. Mayweather was getting booed and sh*t thrown at him by angry Mexicans after his last f!ght too.
 6 years ago '06        #79
Dj Virus 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,082 | Props total: 450 450
marquez
 6 years ago '04        #80
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
131-37 speaks for itself

imma watch the f!ght again tonight.
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
36 comments
2 days ago