Mike Miller selling house, possibly preparing to be cut by Heat (pics)

most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
142 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
7384 pageviews
75 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Mike Miller selling house, possibly preparing to be cut by Heat (pics)

With the “amnesty” clause—which would allow teams to release one player without having his salary count against the cap—a certainty to be part of the next labor deal, as well as some lingering injuries, swingman Mike Miller is preparing for the possibility of not being on the Heat’s roster next season. In fact, he has put his 9,968-square-foot estate in Hillsboro Shores, which costs him $180,000 in annual property taxes, up for sale, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

"It's a couple of things," Miller told the paper. "Just preparing myself; never know what can happen."

Besides stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, Miller’s $5.4 million salary is the highest on the team, the Sun-Sentinel notes, and he’s also coming off thumb and shoulder surgeries, making him a logical amnesty candidate. He injured his right thumb before last season and his left one near the end of the season.

He did say the injuries are no longer major concerns, and he’s slated to play in Dwight Howard's charity game this weekend in Orlando at the University of Central Florida.

"If anything happens with the amnesty, this is just going to be a business decision and I can respect that," Miller said, per the Sun-Sentinel. "Teams will only get one opportunity to use it. I can respect that part of it."

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Mike Miller prepares for possibility of leaving Miami Heat - NBA - Sporting News

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

More pics:
[pic - click to view]

Mike-Miller-House-8 | Busted Coverage

[pic - click to view]

dude drops millions on a house for a year, has to scramble to get all of his money back (which he probably won't), pays 180K in property taxes, and it'd take him forever to profit by renting it out (assuming anybody even wants to stay there). yet people laugh at amare dropping 450K on a 1 year lease image. no way i could have a house if i were an active nba player. never know what's gonna happen image

i think miami should give him another year though (if it comes out that you can postpone amnesty). there's not many FA swingmen in his pay range that are better than him when healthy image

75 comments for "Mike Miller selling house, possibly preparing to be cut by Heat (pics)"

6 years ago '10        #2
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 Dee Grande said:

With the “amnesty” clause—which would allow teams to release one player without having his salary count against the cap—a certainty to be part of the next labor deal, as well as some lingering injuries, swingman Mike Miller is preparing for the possibility of not being on the Heat’s roster next season. In fact, he has put his 9,968-square-foot estate in Hillsboro Shores, which costs him $180,000 in annual property taxes, up for sale, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

"It's a couple of things," Miller told the paper. "Just preparing myself; never know what can happen."

Besides stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, Miller’s $5.4 million salary is the highest on the team, the Sun-Sentinel notes, and he’s also coming off thumb and shoulder surgeries, making him a logical amnesty candidate. He injured his right thumb before last season and his left one near the end of the season.

He did say the injuries are no longer major concerns, and he’s slated to play in Dwight Howard's charity game this weekend in Orlando at the University of Central Florida.

"If anything happens with the amnesty, this is just going to be a business decision and I can respect that," Miller said, per the Sun-Sentinel. "Teams will only get one opportunity to use it. I can respect that part of it."

Read more:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

More pics:

[pic - click to view]

dude drops millions on a house for a year, has to scramble to get all of his money back (which he probably won't), pays 180K in property taxes, and it'd take him forever to profit by renting it out (assuming anybody even wants to stay there). yet people laugh at amare dropping 450K on a 1 year lease . no way i could have a house if i were an active nba player. never know what's gonna happen

i think miami should give him another year though (if it comes out that you can postpone amnesty). there's not many FA swingmen in his pay range that are better than him when healthy
if i was rich, id rather buy about 3 or 4 nice town homes. rent them out. and buy one for myself to live in.
 6 years ago '10        #3
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,410 | Props total: 6239 6239
n*gga was livin lavish
 6 years ago '04        #4
Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
I think Miller stays with the Heat but Joel Anthony... might be out, so that Heat if the new CBA allows them too, try to get Dalembert.
 11-10-2011, 12:28 PM         #5
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but but but but he was the missing piece that heat fans said they were missing.. the championship glue piece..... lmao
 6 years ago '05        #6
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,869 | Props total: 30080 30080
He would've been better off as a knick

I swear these n*ggas aren't logical in the NBA

Miller would've been a better piece if he was a starter and wade played the point
 6 years ago '07        #7
JWilliams 21 heat pts21
space
space
$1,499 | Props total: 96 96
:disdain2: :sad2:
 6 years ago '05        #8
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,782 | Props total: 4887 4887
Broke hands don't get paid.
 6 years ago '07        #9
theFREAK 3680 heat pts3680
space
space
$53,672 | Props total: 38450 38450
 Maroon_Tiger said:
mike miller has a fu*king house like that?! ... got damn... dude prolly scored 200 pts all season
 6 years ago '06        #10
Game375 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,524 | Props total: 949 949
 iggyemu said:
Broke hands don't get paid.
 11-10-2011, 01:16 PM         #11
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's good when healthy

sh*t he went through with I think it was his daughter? fu*ked him up a bit tho

Dro889 said:
but but but but he was the missing piece that heat fans said they were missing.. the championship glue piece..... lmao
be real the only reason the Heat didn't win the championship is cause LeBron shrunk in the finals....didn't even perform to his avg
 6 years ago '06        #12
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
damn i wanna be an NBA bench warmer
 6 years ago '09        #13
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,535 | Props total: 3825 3825
"wait till mike miller comes back" - heat fans @ the start of the season.
 6 years ago '07        #14
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
Come on down
 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM         #15
MasterMind715 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought he payed 180 for the house I was about to say he got a hell of a Deal
 6 years ago '07        #16
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,377 | Props total: 13033 13033
it's not about loyalty...he'd get to keep all his money AND collect another check, so it's not like we'd be leaving him out in the cold or some sh*t. i'd be in favor of giving him another year. he's capable of much, much more than he gave us last year, but he was banged up beyond belief.

i don't put any blame on him for his struggles because it was obvious that he was playing with tremendous heart every time he took the court, but it's not practical to let him continue to take that much cap space if he doesn't recover and deliver at the expected level. it's not about paying him, because he gets the money regardless.

i'd be really surprised if we amnesty'd joel because of how small his salary is (about $3 mil/year) unless it was absolutely necessary to put is within the proposed MLE range between the salary cap and luxury tax threshold.
 6 years ago '08        #17
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 Kasssssst said:
I think Miller stays with the Heat but Joel Anthony... might be out, so that Heat if the new CBA allows them too, try to get Dalembert.
Damn I'm going to miss his offense...... I mean defense, :D
 6 years ago '05        #18
awall 
space
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 38 38
damn how the hell was mike ballin like that.....thats a star player type house.
 6 years ago '06        #19
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,973 | Props total: 10630 10630
Jones played better anyway

Did he end up leaving the heat (I know he said he was)
 11-10-2011, 04:25 PM         #20
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 legendisdope said:
dude was one of the missin pieces for the heat too, i thought he would of played much better alongside bron and wade.

wait noone plays better with bron
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
127 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop