Detriot Lions VS Chicago Bears {Week 10 Gameday Thread}

most viewed right now
 127
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 88
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
180 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

NFC NORTH BATTLE WHO WINS?
Chicago Bears 20 71.43%
DETRIOT LIONS 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-11-2011, 12:02 PM         #41
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
brandon meriweather startin....lions FTW
 6 years ago '06        #42
banga 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$31,349 | Props total: 5498 5498
Like Chris Harris is any better
 6 years ago '07        #43
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 banga said:
Like Chris Harris is any better

[pic - click to view]

 11-11-2011, 01:52 PM         #44
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 banga said:
Like Chris Harris is any better
he plays special teams

our startin safeties smashin theirs so what are you sayin?

louis delmas>> any safety on they team

amari spievey >> any safety on they team

our waiver wife pickup is a startin safety on they team
 6 years ago '07        #45
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 SmooveDude said:
he plays special teams

our startin safeties smashin theirs so what are you sayin?

louis delmas>> any safety on they team

amari spievey >> any safety on they team

our waiver wife pickup is a startin safety on they team
chris harris on special teams is a sh*t bag of a debacle waiting to happen

get ready to hear devins name get called a few times
 11-11-2011, 01:56 PM         #46
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
chris harris on special teams is a sh*t bag of a debacle waiting to happen

get ready to hear devins name get called a few times
oh ok but no debating delmas and spievey are smashin yall safeties correct?
 6 years ago '07        #47
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 SmooveDude said:
oh ok but no debating delmas and spievey are smashin yall safeties correct?
i don't know much about this spievey but as far as delmas goes no argument here
 11-11-2011, 02:42 PM         #48
Animosity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can't wait for Sunday. Detroits safety's are definitely better than ours. I like what Conte has been doing but I don't like Major Wright much, and his play is pushing me towards a hatred of him.
 6 years ago '04        #49
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,213 | Props total: 3775 3775
Our special teams is better than Detroit's. I expect big things from them on Sunday.
 6 years ago '04        #50
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 biscuit said:
Veno, you gotta look at exactly what happened that game to know the differences that will happen this game. First of all to say it wasn't a close game? What game were you watching? We were up at the half and well into the 3rd quarter - rememeber? And that is despite playing as sh*t as we did.

We beat a dysfunctional Eagles team? Well you lost back to back to San Fran and Atlanta who is a mediocre team and then beat Denver to feel good about yourselves then went on a bye week. Not very much momentum for you seriously speaking.

As far as pressure is concerned, you're not paying attention here. We had 9 false start penalties due to crowd noise. That means 9 times we had to gain extra yardage just to keep up in that game. That factor doesn't exist this week on Sunday. That means no uphill battle, no forced passing situation, more options to run and less pressure from your defensive front as a result. Your strength is nullified on that alone. Anyone who follows your Lions or watched you lose those two big games knows that a balanced attack is what spells a loss for you and that's what you'll get.

We don't have to stop your passing attack. You will get some pass yards. But believe this, you will have no running game, and because of it, Stafford will be pressured all game - especially playing from behind which is what I see happening early this game.

Just give it up Veno. You got an L coming this Sunday and that's all there is too it.
you have valid points biscuit but....

i think you are downplaying your weaknesses and playing up ours.

One difference in our running attack with Mo Mo and K Williams is that they are the type of backs that can pick up 4 yards a pop, unlike Best(who did have a CAREER day against the Bears) who is a no gain, no gain, loss of yards, then the possible BIG RUN. I would rather get those consistent yards on first putting us in 2 and 5 instead of the possible big play every 30 runs. Plus we play with traditional sets instead of ALL SHOTGUN

Take away the false starts we will still control the line of scrimmage against that Oline, and i see Matt throwing 3 tds plus Matt never turns the ball over. So if we can protect the rock get those 4 to 5 even 3 in the run game to open up some play action we will have your defense on its heals.


I will say this the Bears are a veteran squad who plays better then the paper would indicate.

Forte is my biggest concern, if we can't stop him(which we haven't since he came to the league) we are going to be in big trouble. Cutler plays with a lot of heart and is hard to bring down plus he is good at throwing on the run.

But he holds the ball to long and still gets sacked too much with Martz as OC.


And the rest v. Short week should be a factor as well.

Not saying the Bears aren't capable but this game will determine the playoffs possibly so i expect us to show up with the A+ effort and A+ gameplan


Last edited by Veno da Don; 11-11-2011 at 03:58 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #51
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 biscuit said:
Our special teams is better than Detroit's. I expect big things from them on Sunday.
Your special team is better then damn near any teams that why you NEVER EVER EVER KICK TO HESTER! We know the formula just dont let him touch the ball EVER!
 6 years ago '05        #52
klew 227 heat pts227
space
avatar space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
No way Detroit wins at Soldier Field

fu*k pistol

 6 years ago '04        #53
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,213 | Props total: 3775 3775
 Veno da Don said:
you have valid points biscuit but....

i think you are downplaying your weaknesses and playing up ours.

One difference in our running attack with Mo Mo and K Williams is that they are the type of backs that can pick up 4 yards a pop, unlike Best(who did have a CAREER day against the Bears) who is a no gain, no gain, loss of yards, then the possible BIG RUN. I would rather get those consistent yards on first putting us in 2 and 5 instead of the possible big play every 30 runs. Plus we play with traditional sets instead of ALL SHOTGUN

Take away the false starts we will still control the line of scrimmage against that Oline, and i see Matt throwing 3 tds plus Matt never turns the ball over. So if we can protect the rock get those 4 to 5 even 3 in the run game to open up some play action we will have your defense on its heals.


I will say this the Bears are a veteran squad who plays better then the paper would indicate.

Forte is my biggest concern, if we can't stop him(which we haven't since he came to the league) we are going to be in big trouble. Cutler plays with a lot of heart and is hard to bring down plus he is good at throwing on the run.

But he holds the ball to long and still gets sacked too much with Martz as OC.


And the rest v. Short week should be a factor as well.

Not saying the Bears aren't capable but this game will determine the playoffs possibly so i expect us to show up with the A+ effort and A+ gameplan
I have to admit here, I don't know anything about your new running backs who have replaced Best but I will make a guess that they are no better than Adrian Peterson or Shady McCoy, both of whom the Bears have shut down very effectively this season. But correct me if I'm wrong if you think your rbs are better. Like I said I'm a bit in the dark with that one but I think I'm right.

Matt will have to throw to win here as you will be playing from behind. That in and of itself will allow us to pin our ears back, blitz the sh*t out of him and run twists with our defensive line rendering him much less effective and giving us the advantage. I'll slam this response in with another comment I made and state that. Here's the reason: Hester is due for huge games on special teams 1 out of every 3 to 4 games. I see him getting at least 1 td on kor and giving us very good field position on another. That should equate to 10 points this game and huge moimentum swings. Don't think that's an accurate statement? Ask Carolina fans, or Minnesota fans.

The Oline is much improved and if you don't agree with my point about crowd noise and false starts and 1st and 15's dictating our playcalling then we'll just have to disagree. Your line did well that game but Forte still had over 115 in the 3rd quarter and that's despite the fact that we were forced to pass so much. You'll struggle with stopping the run and the Bears will a.ssert themselves from the opening drive very much like we've done in the past 4 games we've won in a row.

As far as rest and a bye week 2 things; 1, I'm pretty sure the coaches put in new game planning and plays for ya'll during our bye week which was the week prior to the Philly game. Its just the nature of the league. 2. Bye weeks are not the be all, end all to determine winners of big games. Ask Atlanta fans after week 1 of the playoffs last year


Last edited by biscuit; 11-12-2011 at 01:06 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #54
airmcnair06 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$6,001 | Props total: 0 0
this thread is comedy.

i ain't wit all the pre-discussion and speculation. imma just say my peace and I'm out

lions gon win this game pretty convincingly. i don't usually do score predictions (cause its pointless and 99% wrong by everybody who does it)... but ill go 27-13

either way, lions get the W

see y'all sunday
 6 years ago '04        #55
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,213 | Props total: 3775 3775
 airmcnair06 said:
this thread is comedy.

i ain't wit all the pre-discussion and speculation. imma just say my peace and I'm out

lions gon win this game pretty convincingly. i don't usually do score predictions (cause its pointless and 99% wrong by everybody who does it)... but ill go 27-13

either way, lions get the W

see y'all sunday
If you know ball and can speak intelligently about what you think can happen, why not post it? There's valid scenarios in this thread plehboi belieee dat.

Bears got this W tomorrow. Someone please post the Soul 2 Soul "Back To Life" video for homie here...
 6 years ago '06        #56
illstate11 
space
avatar space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
The d will step it up again. Bears gonna smash the lions and take stafford out again
 6 years ago '04        #57
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
avatar space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
just drove by a video billboard in Chicago that said "lions suck"
 6 years ago '07        #58
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
turned into a nfc north thread i see
 11-12-2011, 12:52 PM         #59
Animosity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pistol Peter said:
turned into a nfc north thread i see
Best division in football.. now if only we could get rid of the Vikings.
 6 years ago '04        #60
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,213 | Props total: 3775 3775
 Animosity said:
Best division in football.. now if only we could get rid of the Vikings.
As long as we get 2 wins off the Vikings I'm happy. We'll probably need the Vikings to get an upset or 2 later on to keep it interesting.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 81
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
259 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 42
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
75 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 42
Image(s) inside dannielledai
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
28 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
94 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
46 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 16
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy