Detriot Lions VS Chicago Bears {Week 10 Gameday Thread}

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
72 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
94 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
83 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

NFC NORTH BATTLE WHO WINS?
Chicago Bears 20 71.43%
DETRIOT LIONS 8 28.57%
Voters: 28. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #21
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 The Blueprint said:
I see another game thats a division rivalry on the first page to...and that thread has over 60 replies ...soft a.ss n*ggas
30-24
 11-10-2011, 12:48 PM         #22
Animosity 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael 1987 said:
Lions will win.
Eagles fans mad.
 6 years ago '04        #23
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,264 | Props total: 3849 3849
 The Blueprint said:
Why does this thread have 100 times less replies then the eagles/bears thread?

aint y'all n*ggaz division rivals???

soft a.ss division
Cause biscuit ain't get in here yet muphucka!

Simply put - the Lions and thier fans should chalk this game up as an L and start thinking about the week after.

The Bears have home field advantage and it is an out door game. I'd say home field means more but I'm not sure what the weather will be like so I'll throw that in there anyway.

The Lions got off to a great start and had teams wondering how to beat them. Now that the 49ers and Falcons have done their thing in Detroit respectively, the chinks in the armour have been revealed. Staying with a balanced attack and effective runing game is key. Keeping the Tight End in to block which in turn extends the wide 9 formation that the Lions use on defense as well as chip blocking with the running backs on rushing ends will help Cutler have time and effectively disect the Lions secondary. 5 step drops are the order of the day and a healthy, early dose of Forte will spell the demise of the Lions defense.

On defense, mixing it up, disguising fronts, effectively double teaming C. Johnson and pressure in Staffords face in the same way we pressured Matt Ryan game 1 is the key to success. That and not falling for the crafty plays created by the Lions offensive co-ordinator like the trap pass to the Tight End or Lance Briggs not reading pass before run (and letting Javid best take off for a ton of yards) will help as well.

I've come to realize that as upset as I was after that loss on Monday night in October to Detroit, I really don't have anything against this team or its fans. They're a minor annoyance that will fade as the season continues and things get back to normal. I do commend the team on it's success but that sh*t is over now - at least this week.

Bears 31
Lions 17
 6 years ago '04        #24
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 The Blueprint said:
I see another game thats a division rivalry on the first page to...and that thread has over 60 replies ...soft a.ss n*ggas
Calm down bruh, I just saw this thread today. I'll get the pages up no problem, just give me a minute
 6 years ago '07        #25
space
space
 biscuit said:

Simply put - the Lions and thier fans should chalk this game up as an L and start thinking about the week after.

The Bears have home field advantage and it is an out door game. I'd say home field means more but I'm not sure what the weather will be like so I'll throw that in there anyway.

The Lions got off to a great start and had teams wondering how to beat them. Now that the 49ers and Falcons have done their thing in Detroit respectively, the chinks in the armour have been revealed. Staying with a balanced attack and effective runing game is key. Keeping the Tight End in to block which in turn extends the wide 9 formation that the Lions use on defense as well as chip blocking with the running backs on rushing ends will help Cutler have time and effectively disect the Lions secondary. 5 step drops are the order of the day and a healthy, early dose of Forte will spell the demise of the Lions defense.

On defense, mixing it up, disguising fronts, effectively double teaming C. Johnson and pressure in Staffords face in the same way we pressured Matt Ryan game 1 is the key to success. That and not falling for the crafty plays created by the Lions offensive co-ordinator like the trap pass to the Tight End or Lance Briggs not reading pass before run (and letting Javid best take off for a ton of yards) will help as well.

I've come to realize that as upset as I was after that loss on Monday night in October to Detroit, I really don't have anything against this team or its fans. They're a minor annoyance that will fade as the season continues and things get back to normal. I do commend the team on it's success but that sh*t is over now - at least this week.

Bears 31
Lions 17
cutty does it
 6 years ago '07        #26
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,226 | Props total: 19985 19985
 The Blueprint said:

[pic - click to view]

oh cause the Eagles suck thats why
 6 years ago '08        #27
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 The Blueprint said:
Why does this thread have 100 times less replies then the eagles/bears thread?

aint y'all n*ggaz division rivals???

soft a.ss division
Your whole state has crumbled in one week. The Eagles season is over, Joe Frazier flatlined, and Penn State got caught raping chidren. I would think that people in Philly, Pennsylvania have more to be concerned about then a Bears-Lions thread.
 6 years ago '07        #28
space
space
 Chief Dee said:
Your whole state has crumbled in one week. The Eagles season is over, Joe Frazier flatlined, and Penn State got caught raping chidren. I would think that people in Philly, Pennsylvania have more to be concerned about then a Bears-Lions thread.
 6 years ago '07        #29
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
Hmmm,

should be a good a.ss game.

If I had to pick a winner, I would go Bears with the upset 24-21
 6 years ago '10        #30
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,371 | Props total: 9634 9634
 Chief Dee said:

[pic - click to view]

Dam son...
 6 years ago '08        #31
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,820 | Props total: 12519 12519
That would be funny if...

1. I was actually was from pennsylvania

2. I gave two sh*ts about boxing

But you lose

Glad I could get this whack thread popping tho,
 6 years ago '04        #32
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 Chief Dee said:
... straight roast.
 6 years ago '10        #33
Rot10MilkSteak 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,741 | Props total: 8 8
bears get there revenge and tie for 2nd place
 6 years ago '04        #34
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 biscuit said:

Bears 31
Lions 17
excellent analysts biscuit...

Now I could sit here and give you the flipside to your argument like, how is Cutler going to "disect" our secondary exactly with those same lame a.ss recievers? Our secondary>> Bears Wr our Dline>> Bears Oline... Now I understand all the gameplaning but its a matter of talent at the end of the day.

If the Bears get Forte going he can take over and win the game, airing it out against us is not going to work.

The X Factor my be experience, are the Lions ready to get over that "hump", so this is a huge test for us. We will see how it turns out but I'm confident.
 6 years ago '04        #35
dtownboy313 
space
space
$3,762 | Props total: 6 6
 Chief Dee said:
ether at its finest
 6 years ago '04        #36
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 Veno da Don said:
excellent analysts biscuit...

Now I could sit here and give you the flipside to your argument like, how is Cutler going to "disect" our secondary exactly with those same lame a.ss recievers? Our secondary>> Bears Wr our Dline>> Bears Oline... Now I understand all the gameplaning but its a matter of talent at the end of the day.

If the Bears get Forte going he can take over and win the game, airing it out against us is not going to work.

The X Factor my be experience, are the Lions ready to get over that "hump", so this is a huge test for us. We will see how it turns out but I'm confident.
Hey Veno,

I know you know Cutler's favorite target is back in Earl Bennett. That is HUGE for us as he had the 2nd most receptions for our squad last year, has excellent hands and runs excellent routes. That's a pretty big X-Factor that didn't exist in game 1 and will make a difference on Sunday, believe it.

No one will argue the quality of Detroit's defensive line but let's rememeber, it wasn't so much Cutler getting sacked in game 1 that was the problem (I don't think he got sacked more than twice that game) but the offensive linemen jumping because of that unbelieveable crowd noise. That definitely won't happen so I don't expect us to be constantly in 1st and long which was a total uphill battle in that last game. You will be effective, but less so than last game.

As far as talent is concerned, we just went through a whole week/thread with the Eagles and their fans about how much they out-talented our team ON PAPER. I argued that talent wasn't everything and ultimately was right.

Those differences I pointed out above may not seem huge but honestly, in close games, small advantages mean everything. I do see us having the edge, having confidence, having momentum, and having a hell of a reason to be pissed off and want revenge in this game. For these reasons, I still got us taking the W on Sunday...
 6 years ago '10        #37
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
hope they tie
 6 years ago '04        #38
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 biscuit said:
Hey Veno,

I know you know Cutler's favorite target is back in Earl Bennett. That is HUGE for us as he had the 2nd most receptions for our squad last year, has excellent hands and runs excellent routes. That's a pretty big X-Factor that didn't exist in game 1 and will make a difference on Sunday, believe it.

No one will argue the quality of Detroit's defensive line but let's rememeber, it wasn't so much Cutler getting sacked in game 1 that was the problem (I don't think he got sacked more than twice that game) but the offensive linemen jumping because of that unbelieveable crowd noise. That definitely won't happen so I don't expect us to be constantly in 1st and long which was a total uphill battle in that last game. You will be effective, but less so than last game.

As far as talent is concerned, we just went through a whole week/thread with the Eagles and their fans about how much they out-talented our team ON PAPER. I argued that talent wasn't everything and ultimately was right.

Those differences I pointed out above may not seem huge but honestly, in close games, small advantages mean everything. I do see us having the edge, having confidence, having momentum, and having a hell of a reason to be pissed off and want revenge in this game. For these reasons, I still got us taking the W on Sunday...
rather Cutler was sacked alot that game or not doesn't matter he was PRESSURED all game, had to make most of his throws on the run and made some really nice ones, the last game wasn't really that close so I wouldn't be taking much from that.

Yall beat a dysfunctional Ealges team who even I gave too much credit to, but they are not as strong a squad as us even with all the names.

I just dont see how the Bears stop our passing attack that secondary ain't built for this game, neither is that oline if we win the trenches battle we take this game.

Jay won't be able to make miracles every week, we got his number.

Last edited by Veno da Don; 11-11-2011 at 08:47 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #39
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 Veno da Don said:
rather Cutler was sacked alot that game or not doesn't matter he was PRESSURED all game, had to make most of his throws on the run and made some really nice ones, the last game wasn't really that close so I wouldn't be taking much from that.

Yall beat a dysfunctional Ealges team who even I gave too much credit to, but they are not as strong a squad as us even with all the names.

I just dont see how the Bears stop our passing attack that secondary ain't built for this game, neither is that oline if we win the trenches battle we take this game.

Jay won't be able to make miracles every week, we got his number.
Veno, you gotta look at exactly what happened that game to know the differences that will happen this game. First of all to say it wasn't a close game? What game were you watching? We were up at the half and well into the 3rd quarter - rememeber? And that is despite playing as sh*t as we did.

We beat a dysfunctional Eagles team? Well you lost back to back to San Fran and Atlanta who is a mediocre team and then beat Denver to feel good about yourselves then went on a bye week. Not very much momentum for you seriously speaking.

As far as pressure is concerned, you're not paying attention here. We had 9 false start penalties due to crowd noise. That means 9 times we had to gain extra yardage just to keep up in that game. That factor doesn't exist this week on Sunday. That means no uphill battle, no forced passing situation, more options to run and less pressure from your defensive front as a result. Your strength is nullified on that alone. Anyone who follows your Lions or watched you lose those two big games knows that a balanced attack is what spells a loss for you and that's what you'll get.

We don't have to stop your passing attack. You will get some pass yards. But believe this, you will have no running game, and because of it, Stafford will be pressured all game - especially playing from behind which is what I see happening early this game.

Just give it up Veno. You got an L coming this Sunday and that's all there is too it.
 6 years ago '04        #40
DIGI 116 heat pts116
space
space
$9,243 | Props total: 694 694
24-17 Lions with the win.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy