joe paterno out as coach effective immediately

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #101
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1099 1099
A lot of people knew and nothing ever came out of it.. heads will roll, starting at the top
 6 years ago '04        #102
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,350 | Props total: 8451 8451
 ST21 said:
he spoke last night. and totally fu*ked it up.
that was not ana official press conference
 6 years ago '05        #103
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,784 | Props total: 4898 4898
As he should be. Penn State and everyone acting in this whole situation has always been about saving Penn State. The irony of it is that Paterno was doing the same back in 2002.
 6 years ago '04        #104
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,368 | Props total: 13032 13032
Not that I disagree with the decision that was made, but I do have a problem with this:

"...we do not yet have all the facts..." and later on in the press conference he says, in regards to firing Paterno "...based on all the facts...". It's either you have all the facts, or you don't. This is a big problem regarding legalities, and "saving face"--not with the Paterno/Penn State thing--with legal situations in general.
 6 years ago '07        #105
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
 billieskeet said:
are you seriously making excuses for this dude? are you stupid? wtf is wrong wit you?
People defend him because they equate "didnt do anything illegal" with "didn't do anything wrong".
 6 years ago '04        #106
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
space
$46,350 | Props total: 8451 8451
why even have a fu*kin athletic director then since people expect the coach to be one
 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM         #107
Zeeshine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did any of you idiots even read the grand jury report? JoePa told his superiors one of which WHO IS THE POLICE HEAD of Happy Valley. His superiors covered it up. Mquery did not stop what he saw in the shower either. HE WAS 28 and the fu*ker ran to his pops when he saw the sodomizing happen. This is pathetic. 61 years, JoePa made PSU and this is what happens? GTFO. Fire Mcquery. Waiting for the students to burn down Happy Valley.
 6 years ago '04        #108
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
 iggyemu said:
As he should be. Penn State and everyone acting in this whole situation has always been about saving Penn State. The irony of it is that Paterno was doing the same back in 2002.
If that were the case, then it's just another instance in which a person's personal ideas on "doing the right thing" for the university was in fact the wrong thing. looking at it though, it seems like Sandusky was a taboo topic that everybody and their mother knew about, but just didn't talk about.
 6 years ago '11        #109
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
Reporting to law enforcement didn't do sh*t in 1998, when they got a confession from Sandusky and didn't charge him. Paterno did his legal obligation. He reported it to his superior. Everybody saying i would have reported it right away, or i would have knocked that guy out, a good portion of you would act the same way paterno did, passing the responsibility on to someone else. How do i know this? Because history tells us this.
 6 years ago '11        #110
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 Little Dice said:

did he not fulfill his legal obligations?
did law enforcement not know about this?
are eye witness account always accurate?

Let's say this, you are the principal of a school
Somebody gives you an eyewitness report of a child being molested by one of the teachers
You tell the school board of this information but they do nothing, you continue to get reports of this crime

Live with yourself or take action and call the police?
 11-09-2011, 10:19 PM         #111
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zeeshine said:
Did any of you idiots even read the grand jury report? JoePa told his superiors one of which WHO IS THE POLICE HEAD of Happy Valley. His superiors covered it up. Mquery did not stop what he saw in the shower either. HE WAS 28 and the fu*ker ran to his pops when he saw the sodomizing happen. This is pathetic. 61 years, JoePa made PSU and this is what happens? GTFO. Fire Mcquery. Waiting for the students to burn down Happy Valley.
so you just let it go after you seeing nothing happen for 9 years? thats weak and anyone who backs up that excuse is weak. Mcquery should be gone as well, no pity for him either. The students are idiots and are just looking for trouble. In 20 years those dumbasses are gonna realize how stupid hey were acting.
 6 years ago '04        #112
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #113
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
This isn't just espn covering it, they've got CNN with dr Phil with nonstop live coverage
 6 years ago '06        #114
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,448 | Props total: 1099 1099
Not sure of the last time I saw a College Football story this big. I thought Paterno would die before he retired.
 6 years ago '04        #115
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,991 | Props total: 11779 11779
hahaha Dr Phil, amazing
 6 years ago '04        #116
S|S 
space
space
 maxnn said:
Reporting to law enforcement didn't do sh*t in 1998, when they got a confession from Sandusky and didn't charge him. Paterno did his legal obligation. He reported it to his superior. Everybody saying i would have reported it right away, or i would have knocked that guy out, a good portion of you would act the same way paterno did, passing the responsibility on to someone else. How do i know this? Because history tells us this.
Then he just let his man keep coaching, holding kid camps on campus, etc. Yeahhh, JoePa did the right thing, alright....
 6 years ago '04        #117
S|S 
space
space
 Comic Book Guy said:
Not sure of the last time I saw a College Football story this big. I thought Paterno would die before he retired.
He didn't retire, he got fired.
 6 years ago '10        #118
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
this shyt prolly the biggest sport related story i ever seen
 6 years ago '05        #119
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,970 | Props total: 3236 3236
It's VERY sad that people are trying to talk about LEGAL obligations and this dude's HISTORY at a time when various children were s3xually a.ssaulted. This sh*t honestly boggles my fu*ken mind.
 6 years ago '04        #120
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
at wtf Dr. Phil was talking about
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
26 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
126 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
72 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy