joe paterno out as coach effective immediately

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #401
biz730 
space
space
$145 | Props total: 0 0
 11-10-2011, 03:42 AM         #402
Coco4pr3z 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:
Hey that's the news van covering us trying to speak out. Let's flip it! Yea!
 6 years ago '05        #403
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 regularjoe said:
You said report it to the boss? Or did I misread it...?
yeah you misread it
 6 years ago '05        #404
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,882 | Props total: 8404 8404
 vickfan said:
n*ggas say what they would have and wouldnt have done and believe me im right with you on what I want to say I'd have done

but until you get put in that spot how can you know?

ive learned too much about the power of situational influence to condemn this man with the knowledge that i have

if more comes out about his knowledge I'll be happy to change my tune
you're right about this, this is what i THINK i would do...i cant speak with absolute certainty in terms of what i would do. but i would just like to think that if there was a possibility that something like this was happening at my facilities on my watch, i would have done more.

and referring to your other post i dont really think joe pa is a monster, i'll reserve that title for the guy that is actually the cause of all this (sandusky), however the dude turned the other cheek. do people in general do that, yeah, but joe pa is in no position to do such and really neither is anyone else in his position. an administrator at a school, where basically your job is to cultivate the youth, you have to be above the general consensus of the public. its your damn job to make sure that when any kid is among your midst that its a safe and secure area.

and joe pa of all people to turn the other cheek. the guy who always preaches morals and ethics and uses those characteristics as recruiting tools. the guy that would call campus police if he saw a student run a stop sign. him of all people, turning the other cheek
 6 years ago '04        #405
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
I didn't care either way about joe pa being fired...he deserved to be....But I wouldn't have minded if Penn State let him finish out the season....the circus surrounding his last few games would have further degraded the school's prestige and football program as it deserved for such irresponsible decisions by those in power.... Joe Pa, the AD and President

Mcqueary should not have a job this morning...I don't know why that guy is still employed and not having 20 microphones in his face at all times...Sandusky is getting his, he'll probably k!ll himself soon

it was also kind of disgusting how the media in University Park were basically fans and completely biased and angry that he got fired...like seriously? this is real life, not a football decision

it only furthers my problem with Joe Pa...look at how much power and sway he had over the area, if he wanted to use his power responsibly like a human being....HE COULD HAVE ENDED IT ALL IN 98
 6 years ago '06        #406
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
 RAZAH CUTS said:
Joe Paterno addresses the crowd of angry students, tells them to go home and study. Is this real life or a scene from 'Lean On Me'?
Joe Paterno Joe Clark......... I can see the uncanny likeness.
 6 years ago '05        #407
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
Doesn't really change a damn thing as far as football is concerned, dude hasn't actually "coached" that team since 2003. JoePa has been nothing more than a mascot for the last decade...
^^this^^
 6 years ago '10        #408
Mike Watts 
space
space
$1,046 | Props total: 42 42
To be fair to Joey P, a lot of people are criticizing him for not doing as much as he could have, but at least he actually did something. I'm not defending him in anyway, but let's not forget who the true "bad guy" is here.

Anyone can sit there and say what they would have done, and that's great and all but it still doesn't change what actually happened. The wrong guy is being villified here. I honestly didn't follow the story when it first broke, but by the way the story has been presented and sensationalized by the media and public alike, you would think that Paterno was the one who actually did it.
 11-10-2011, 07:38 AM         #409
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did Joe not fulfilled his moral obligations when he went to his supervisor who was also the head of law enforcement on campus? I would think by going to his supervisor/chief law enforcement, Joe basically alerted cops right there.

Also, a cop evesdrop on a phone coversation between sandusky and one of the victims mother where sandusky self admitted to the allegations. Right then and there law enforcement also knew about it.

On two seperate occasion law enforcement knew and did nothing, what was Joe supposed to do then? Turn commando and solve this shyt himself?
 6 years ago '04        #410
space
space
space
 Little Dice said:
Did Joe not fulfilled his moral obligations when he went to his supervisor who was also the head of law enforcement on campus? I would think by going to his supervisor/chief law enforcement, Joe basically alerted cops right there.

Also, a cop evesdrop on a phone coversation between sandusky and one of the victims mother where sandusky self admitted to the allegations. Right then and there law enforcement also knew about it.

On two seperate occasion law enforcement knew and did nothing, what was Joe supposed to do then? Turn commando and solve this shyt himself?
He still let Sandusky around the program for years...Sandusky was using the weight room and allowed around the team

he allowed Sandusky to hang around campus with kids

he was allowing Sandusky to bring kids on trips to bowl games

And I don't think you people defending Paterno understand what it means to lead, have power, politics and accountability
 6 years ago '10        #411
Mike Watts 
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
He still let Sandusky around the program for years...Sandusky was using the weight room and allowed around the team

he allowed Sandusky to hang around campus with kids

he was allowing Sandusky to bring kids on trips to bowl games

And I don't think you people defending Paterno understand what it means to lead, have power, politics and accountability
So did everyone else that knew about it. It's pretty telling that you only mentioned Paterno though, which validates the point I made not too long ago.

The situation was out of his hands once he reported it. If he ran with allegations and suspicions and reacted by getting rid of Sandusky, lawsuits would have resulted and would have made this thing even uglier then it already is.
 6 years ago '04        #412
space
space
space
 Mike Watts said:
So did everyone else that knew about it. It's pretty telling that you only mentioned Paterno though, which validates the point I made not too long ago.

The situation was out of his hands once he reported it. If he ran with allegations and suspicions and reacted by getting rid of Sandusky, lawsuits would have resulted and would have made this thing even uglier then it already is.
Paterno is the most powerful man in the state of Pennsylvania outside of maybe the governor...he had the power to make decisions and instead tried to pass the buck, yeah he may have beaten the criminal charges by doing that but he still didn't meet his moral obligation of being a human and a person in power

remember when the stuff was going down with Jim Tressel at Ohio State? the AD was joking about how he worked for Tressel but it was the truth

the head football coach at these football schools in these football towns are bigger and more powerful than everyone...including the president, AD, provost, Dean or whoever else in the administrative offices of the school

and he benefited from that power when sh*t hit the fan...I am sure that they went to Paterno first so he could throw the AD and the President under the bus

The AD and president are going to get theirs...they have criminal charges, Sandusky too...he'll probably k!ll himself any day now

Mcqueary is the only one left and he's probably going to get fired after the season never going to get a job anywhere in football for the rest of his life

Last edited by Liquid-Science; 11-10-2011 at 08:26 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #413
Mike Watts 
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
Paterno is the most powerful man in the state of Pennsylvania outside of maybe the governor...he had the power to make decisions and instead tried to pass the buck

remember when the stuff was going down with Jim Tressel at Ohio State? the AD was joking about how he worked for Tressel but it was the truth

the head football coach at these football schools in these football towns are bigger and more powerful than everyone...including the president, AD, provost, Dean or whoever else in the administrative offices of the school
I'm not disputing any of what you're saying. I agree with it for the most part. My point is more so that regardless of who had the most power, there were many more people who knew about it that are not facing the fire that Paterno, who actually did what he was suppose to in that's type of situation, is from a media standpoint. I don't think the guy should be blindly worshipped, but I also don't this think he should be villified based on what has come out so far.

Last edited by Mike Watts; 11-10-2011 at 08:36 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #414
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
GD

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

that's one fu*ked up rumor ^^^^

Last edited by TH35; 11-10-2011 at 09:04 AM..
 11-10-2011, 09:09 AM         #415
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid-Science said:
Paterno is the most powerful man in the state of Pennsylvania outside of maybe the governor...he had the power to make decisions and instead tried to pass the buck, yeah he may have beaten the criminal charges by doing that but he still didn't meet his moral obligation of being a human and a person in power

and he benefited from that power when sh*t hit the fan...I am sure that they went to Paterno first so he could throw the AD and the President under the bus

The AD and president are going to get theirs...they have criminal charges, Sandusky too...he'll probably k!ll himself any day now

Mcqueary is the only one left and he's probably going to get fired after the season never going to get a job anywhere in football for the rest of his life
ill say this again Joe Pa did what he thought was right, he escalated the matter. At the time it was only hearsay, not a victim speaking out. A guy who stood to move up the ranks denouncing another coach without evidence. So you wanted JP to immediately call the cops about that without getting some input from a superior? What if it had turned out to be a malicious accusation? You would have ruined someone's life for nothing. JP reported the accusation to two people including the head of the campus police.
 6 years ago '06        #416
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,524 | Props total: 6751 6751
he'll die next
showing up to penn state was what kept this n*gga alive
 6 years ago '04        #417
space
space
space
 Little Dice said:
ill say this again Joe Pa did what he thought was right, he escalated the matter. At the time it was only hearsay, not a victim speaking out. A guy who stood to move up the ranks denouncing another coach without evidence. So you wanted JP to immediately call the cops about that without getting some input from a superior? What if it had turned out to be a malicious accusation? You would have ruined someone's life for nothing. JP reported the accusation to two people including the head of the campus police.
There was an accusation that Sandusky confessed to in 98
The mother of one of the alleged victims said that Sandusky personally admitted to inappropriately touching her son while showering with him on campus in 1998
Paterno knew this...he should have taken a 2nd set of allegations in 2002 more seriously
 6 years ago '05        #418
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,164 | Props total: 11 11
 - Streetz - said:
he'll die next
showing up to penn state was what kept this n*gga alive
I believe that too......probably grieve to death
 6 years ago '07        #419
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 all3rd said:

I just posted that. It's a rumor. I don't really believe it but if its true I hope everyone involved gets locked the fu*k up
 6 years ago '04        #420
space
space
space
This could turn into a racial thing when it comes time to settle the cases

the word is most of these kids were black...if their lawyers play up the race card, sh*t gon get ugly for Penn State
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy