Joe Paterno To Retire At The End Of The Season

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
190 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #121
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,645 | Props total: 470 470
 refuze said:
Ya'll are looking at this situation from the outside-looking-in. Joe Paterno is more than football at Penn St. He's a king there.

You know damn well this wasn't an easy decision for their executives to make.

This is an issue of ethics vs athletics. Which matter do people value more in life? Sometimes the line between the two is hard to identify.
If that happened to your child, what would you do?
 6 years ago '07        #122
castiloni 
space
space
space
$473 | Props total: 40 40
Lock his a.ss up 2........ Only god can judge but if he had an heart attack at the game sat....the family of the victimS
will be vindicated
 6 years ago '09        #123
Jet Jagu4r 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 118 118
 KnicksLost said:
@ him telling the school when he's stepping down...that's some boss sh*t for real
thinking the same thing... Ima humongous PSU fan and still in shock at this. I will say I do think Joe Paternos part is greatly exagerated due to his icon status. But down right it's getting harder and harder to defend this organization as a whole how (not just Joe) all of the organization handled this. Taking someones keys and saying "dont do that again" is just downright an embarassing excuse of PSU handling a situation.
 6 years ago '04        #124
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
 Little Dice said:
I dont get it, was it Paterno's responsibility to go to police? As a coach, he is just another employee at Penn State. And he followed employee protocol by reporting to his superiors about alleged s3xual child abuse. The rest was none of his business. He did what he was supposed to do.
As much as the whole thing disgusts me, he does have a valid point.

If you work in an office, and you knew someone who was sodomizing minors, would you report that individual? What's the policy for that? We all know people at work who do illegal and immoral things, perhaps not as extreme as this.

For the record, I'm just trying to get an opinion. I'm not advocating Paterno's actions in any way.
 6 years ago '07        #125
castiloni 
space
space
space
$473 | Props total: 40 40
 Little Dice said:
I could care less whether Paterno retires or not, but I really think people are exaggerating his culpability here. He never actually saw anything in person. He only heard reports. So he's not exactly the best person to call the police. If you call police and say "So-and-so told me that this guy molested a kid," the first question they ask you is going to be "Did you SEE the guy molest a kid?" Honestly, if eyewitnesses, the parents of the kids, and the kids themselves didn't say anything to police, it seems like Paterno, someone who heard secondhand about wrongdoing, is far down the list of those who ought to have intervened. The three people who actually witnessed Sandusky abusing boys and didn't call police are the ones truly culpable. Certainly Paterno could have done something more proactive when it became clear that none of the eyewitnesses were going to come forward, but I think people are going a little overboard in blaming him.
His a.ss is dead wrong...he reported it and then he make them handle it properly...that's a cover up on all aspects.......lock his a.ss up too
 6 years ago '11        #126
illprem 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 76 76
According to the victims were black... I wonder how/if that can play into this
 6 years ago '04        #127
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
so is Joe Paterno a f*ggot?
 6 years ago '10        #128
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 1neDeep said:
No you dumbass, this sh*t has been going on for nearly 5 years. Paterno was told by McQuery, and he should have done something. He still allowed the sick fu*k to be around the football facilities, with more kids! The Second Mile charity knew as early as 2008 that Sandusky was being investigated for fu*king with kids. I hope you don't have kids with an attitude like that. or maybe you're a Sandusky... I'm just saying...
not that it matters but you do know that he formed that charity.

UpTownClips said:
PENN State supports child molesters.....
its comments like this, that have people supporting joe, when in reality i think the support is being taken the wrong way, like the gatherings across campus and joes house, are being taken as support for joe, which in a way there are, but not for the acts that have been revealed.

if you never went to penn state you dont know what its like, or how popular this man is, nor the pride my school use to have.

what happened is embarassing and there is no excuse for it, people need to go, and will.

alot of the student support is to show joe, that he will not be forrgotten and the great things he did will get remembered, as well alot of these kids are in shock and dont know what to do, they want to show they are a strong student body and they are a family, and that this will not define them as people.

its a crazy thing when a couple of people have effected and changed every person who ever stepped foot on that campus, the current students and alumn are embarassed and in shock and its a hard pill to swallow, because this is the complete oppisite of what PSU was suppose to stand for, and what we all brought into.

last thing ill say is, i get why this is so big and i understand, and this comment is in no way to take away from what happened, or come out aginst people angry, or how ever it may be taken, but i find it sad that so many people have an opinion on this now, when its something that has been going on for ever, not just at penn state and this scandal but in life in general, and i hope that everyone on the radio, tv, message boards, whoever, decided to make a difference and donate to charity or something to help these kids, and help try and prevent things like this in the future, rather then just using this as water cooler talk at the office.
 6 years ago '04        #129
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
 DCballer40 said:
This entire ordeal is an example of "Diffusion of responsibility"....this story in 15-20 years will be discussed in a University's Sociology class as a case of moral decency within a hierarchy setting. Its the perfect example.
fu*k sociology...they talk about this stuff in advanced psychology classes.

this is a deep issue.
 6 years ago '04        #130
youngmec 
space
space
$1,060 | Props total: 51 51
end of the season??

nah, right now you selfish as*hole...

sh*t is disgusting...
 6 years ago '10        #131
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
 6 years ago '04        #132
jeehtoven 51 heat pts51
space
space
I see you Little Dice, so I'm going to ask the same question:

Where are the parents in all this?
 6 years ago '07        #133
Truth B T0ld 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,556 | Props total: 339 339
I heard PSU just fired him.
 6 years ago '05        #134
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
paterno did nothing wrong. he alerted the athletic director. it was his job and the higher-ups to bring sandusky down.

don't know care about that subject moral bullsh*t.

paterno = not guilty

haters get mad
Exactly! Folks on here aren't intellectually sound.
 6 years ago '08        #135
Main Event 55 heat pts55
space
space
$48,728 | Props total: 11620 11620
Yall ready to see a riot
 6 years ago '07        #136
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Joe Pa didnt commit the crime, but by not acting on them and not stopping crimes against children that could've been prevented is where he went wrong. I don't see the arguement protecting him, your the biggest name in town. No way do you just pass along the info and stop pursuing the case there, dude was your defensive coordinator for 20 years

Absolutely disgusting that PSU would try and play the blame game to diffuse the responsibly for allowing child r*pe on their campus, after the first time it got reported/suspected, sh*t shouldve been stopped there and the cases after that couldve been prevented. Legally hes in the right I guess, but morally, hes lacking something. Heads gone roll for this and that school boutta have a black eye for a longass time.

Absolute worst part is the lack of empathy for the victims, I mean damn, people still talking bout the football game Saturday
 6 years ago '10        #137
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
paterno fired
 6 years ago '04        #138
mac58 151 heat pts151
space
space
$6,550 | Props total: 10098 10098
Paterno Fired. . . . . .

(CBS/AP)

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Joe Paterno, the Penn State football coach who preached success with honor for half a century but whose legend was shattered by a child s3x abuse scandal, was fired Wednesday by the school's board of trustees.

Paterno had offered to retire at season's end earlier in the day, saying he was "absolutely devastated" by the case, in which his onetime heir apparent, Jerry Sandusky, has been charged with molesting eight boys in 15 years, including at the Penn State football complex.

Complete coverage: The Penn State Scandal
Cops: Sandusky admitted to '98 shower with boy
Paterno's record-setting career by the numbers

He had said he hoped the team could finish its season with "dignity and determination."

One emeritus trustee who was on a conference call with the board Tuesday told CBS News, "The tone of last night's call was of concern for all the people involved, including the children, the coach and the reputation of the school."

Paterno had said earlier that said the trustees, who had been considering his fate, should "not spend a single minute discussing my status" and have more important matters to address.

The 84-year-old Paterno has been engulfed by outrage that he did not take more action after a graduate a.ssistant, Mike McQueary, came to him in 2002 and reported seeing Sandusky in the Penn State showers with a 10-year-old boy. Paterno notified the athletic director, Tim Curley, and a vice president, Gary Schultz.

Penn St. scandal dwarfs others in college sports

Curley and Schultz have since been charged with failing to report the incident to the authorities. Paterno hasn't been accused of legal wrongdoing. But he has been a.ssailed, in what the state police commissioner called a lapse of "moral responsibility," for not doing more to stop Sandusky.

The U.S. Department of Education said late Wednesday that it was launching an investigation into Penn State's handling of the abuse.

"This is a tragedy," Paterno said in a statement. "It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."
 6 years ago '06        #139
revolution03 
space
space
$2,977 | Props total: 1 1
Penn State lost.

firing Joe Pa

6 years ago '06        #140
daffysm 
space
space
$14,045 | Props total: 2053 2053
dammmmmn....dude starts by saying i will quit at the end of this season...and the school says YAH RIGHT, UR FIRED
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
74 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
173 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
75 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy