Joe Paterno To Retire At The End Of The Season

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
74 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,986 | Props total: 11777 11777
 iggyemu said:
Look I don't think Paterno supported this. I think maxnn made a great point about everyone's first instinct being to just pass the buck. But he has to take the fall with the rest of his cohorts. While only Sandusky committed the crime, the fact that 3 or 4 grown a.ss men including the President and AD, after being alerted of the situation, stood by and did nothing but tell Sandusky to simply not bring the boys on campus is almost as bad as what Sandusky did. The fact that Paterno knew what was happening and opted to pass the buck to the AD shouldn't put him in jail but he should never coach another football game.

Also, notice I don't know the names of the AD or the President of PSU. But I know Paterno, and so does everyone else. He is the face of that football program and that university. Even if he didn't have hard evidence on Sandusky at the time...even it was the word of a grad a.ssistant...his stature alone would have been enough to open a legit investigation. Seriously Sandusky abused more kids after Paterno and the rest of these idiots were informed of his crimes. They are partly responsible because they knew that if Sandusky wasn't in jail or wasn't being investigated that nobody but them knew what was going on. Paterno had an obligation to take it further and he did not.

And finally, it's because the guys taking the fall for this are relatively unknown that so many people are calling for Paterno's job today. He is the face of that university, the identity and as far as everyone around the country is concerned if he doesn't take the fall then justice on that particular level was not served.
Agree with all points except Maxnn's. People are not born unethical or corrupt. They become that way.Particularly in this circumstance, for someone like JoePa who built his reputation with ""integrity and honor" highly regarded as arguably the most ethical coach in all of college football, for him to make a lapse in judgment of this this magnitude and not make an effort to correct it for 9 years is absolutely inexcusable. Nobody should be making any kind of excuses for him, and everyone in the media calling for his job has every right to do so. And the "limited information" argument lost its credibility the minute he released the statement saying: "with hindsight, I wish I would have done more." This in itself is an admission of guilt, which, oddly enough, is about the only thing out of all this that I halfway applaud him for doing.

It must be easy for him to offer a 1-liner about prayers in the names of the children whom he perpetuated the ruining of lives of. It would have taken a real man to stand up for what is right or wrong during his tenure, and put the glory of the holy establishment that is worshiped as PSU football and his own legacy at risk.

I have made my share of mistakes in my life, and I could talk about them for days on end, but nothing will compare to the shame and guilt that JoePa will have to live with, knowing that he is more than partly responsible for this. His was no mistake. There is no doubt in my mind that he saw Sandusky several times after the incident which was brought to his attention, and still chose to take the low road. He deserves every bit of Karma and criticism that comes his way and to the PSU football program for his negligence.

Last edited by torious; 11-09-2011 at 05:44 PM..
 11-09-2011, 05:35 PM         #102
YushDaddy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WalterWhite said:
I don't get this sh*t at all... What is he suppose to do? Go to the cops based off of rumors? I could understand if he witnessed it but he didn't. He did everything he could do, handed it to the person in charge and he was fired.

What about the sick fu*kers that actually saw it and didn't go the cops?

And am I suppose to believe it's a coincidence that these kids waited 10+ years and pick the middle of the season, the best season PSU has had in years to come out.
soo true bro, how is it his fault and the guy who walked in on them and seen it with his own two eyes?? joepa is a legend and should be remebered for all the great things he did for this program and penn state university!
 6 years ago '04        #103
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,464 | Props total: 6407 6407
 refuze said:
This was his last year on the contract anyway.. I think it's fair. There's 2 months of college football left, let that man finish it. He's been the head coach since 1966.

Yes, he was wrong for not going to authorities but at the same time you can't blame Paterno for another man's wrongdoings.
damn 1966!
 11-09-2011, 05:36 PM         #104
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
really simple with Joepa, he sided with loyalty instead of decency.
 11-09-2011, 05:49 PM         #105
BoutMyPaper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WalterWhite said:
I don't get this sh*t at all... What is he suppose to do? Go to the cops based off of rumors? I could understand if he witnessed it but he didn't. He did everything he could do, handed it to the person in charge and he was fired.

And am I suppose to believe it's a coincidence that these kids waited 10+ years and pick the middle of the season, the best season PSU has had in years to come out.
So eyewitness = rumor?
 6 years ago '04        #106
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,860 | Props total: 1602 1602
 WalterWhite said:

No you dumbass, this sh*t has been going on for nearly 5 years. Paterno was told by McQuery, and he should have done something. He still allowed the sick fu*k to be around the football facilities, with more kids! The Second Mile charity knew as early as 2008 that Sandusky was being investigated for fu*king with kids. I hope you don't have kids with an attitude like that. or maybe you're a Sandusky... I'm just saying...
 6 years ago '04        #107
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 Little Dice said:
Joe is innocent. Simple as that.
Legally Innocent... Morally guilty! his hands are dirty with this one.. you fu*ks who keep defending his inaction are just as bad as he is.. just because he didn't touch the kids, he did nothing to protect them from that sick fu*k he calls friend..
 6 years ago '04        #108
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 Little Dice said:
I dont get it, was it Paterno's responsibility to go to police? As a coach, he is just another employee at Penn State. And he followed employee protocol by reporting to his superiors about alleged s3xual child abuse. The rest was none of his business. He did what he was supposed to do.
I wonder if you'd feel that way if it was your son, your little brother, your cousin, your nephew...
 6 years ago '05        #109
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 Little Dice said:
I dont get it, was it Paterno's responsibility to go to police? As a coach, he is just another employee at Penn State. And he followed employee protocol by reporting to his superiors about alleged s3xual child abuse. The rest was none of his business. He did what he was supposed to do.
Exactly! These people that are crying for Joe Paterno to be fired don't shot about protocol and what's really going on. How the fu*k is he supposed to just go to authorities on rumors?! This happened back in the day At my high school and instead of going through protocol, head coach got the a.ssistant coach arrested. Cone to find out that the girl was lying. ThR end result?! 3 million dollar lawsuit. I'm glad none of you cars are lawyers.

I have a son that's four months old and I understand their pain, but I feel like there's something fishy going on with waiting this long. Bottom line? It's convenient and someones looking to destroy Penn state and get money. It wasn't right what was done and surely these guys that are guilty should be held accountable, but stop trying to railroad every single entity of a program just because of two bad apples. Some of you cats in here are either salty that PSU bear your team or you've done some fu*ked up sh*t and finally get to point your fu*king fingers. The man is innocent. He did what he was supposed to based off of the circumstances and they STILL want to act like he's a pedophile?! fu*k out of here!

Lastly, roughly 99% of you cats running your mouths had done something deplorable in your lifete that you're unproud of so please stop trying to be holy on an innocent man and look at yourselves on the mirrors. Let the case continue and conclude and shut the fu*k up! Think outside of the box!
 6 years ago '04        #110
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 Little Dice said:
"legally he did the right thing"

and thats all the matter here. no one get persecuted for moral actions. joe isnt responsible for no one.

btw why didnt the kids parents refused to allow their children to attend penn state games?
someone dropped your ignorant a.ss when you were a kid! Or you missed the lesson on right and wrong.. but somehow, "moral obligation to a defenseless kid" seems to keep escaping that chasm you call a brain. Just k!ll yourself! or go see Sandusky, I'm sure he'll break your dumbass off something proper
 6 years ago '05        #111
bullack86 34 heat pts34
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 128 128
 1neDeep said:
someone dropped your ignorant a.ss when you were a kid! Or you missed the lesson on right and wrong.. but somehow, "moral obligation to a defenseless kid" seems to keep escaping that chasm you call a brain. Just k!ll yourself! or go see Sandusky, I'm sure he'll break your dumbass off something proper
Oh hush! Tell me this. Since you're so morally perfect, if you saw a notorious gangbager raping a child, would you go to police? Simple question! You're on everyones caE as if you have firsthand experience of these type of cases. Don't cry MORALS UNLESS YOU'RE ABOUT GOING ABOUT IT 100%!
 6 years ago '04        #112
1neDeep 1 heat pts
space
space
 DCballer40 said:
This site is funny at times and the jokes are amusing but when it comes to s3xual deviance towards children the jokes HAVE TO fu*kING STOP! 99.9% of the world's population have the strictest laws regarding this. The worst crime a human can commit is s3xual a.ssault/rape of another human child! There are no grey areas in this situation. This is the problem with society today...we are imbeciles when it comes to the smallest of moral issues. Our education system does not teach morality and our parents do not address what the basic tasks of being a human are. These type of issues while very sensitive are occurring much more than before. Unlike the Catholic Church...Penn State football touches home FOR A LOT of people, Joe Pa touches a lot of people...its time for society to teach our kids whats morally right and what we as humans should be morally held responsible for. There is a duty as human and a man to do the RIGHT THING and not just the LEGALLY right thing.

Harboring a known pedophile is irreputable...and the systematic coverup of this shows how much college football cares about NOTHING but THEIR own bottom line. I hope the families of the victims file the largest civil suit known to man against Sandusky and Penn State as co-defendants! Since Penn State didnt want to wash their hands completely of Sandusky a lawyer shouldn't have a problem stating that he was officially still apart of the school's administration as a non-paid ambassador of the University.
This ish right here.. no one could say it better! PREACH! I am in total agreement!
 11-09-2011, 06:53 PM         #113
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1neDeep said:
why didnt the kids parents refrained from allowing their children to continue going to penn state campus?
 6 years ago '04        #114
mac58 152 heat pts152
space
space
$6,555 | Props total: 10118 10118
 WalterWhite said:

if it was his own kids do you think he would've just went to his boss??? fu*k no he woulda been at that police station. . if it was your kids and there was even a rumor of something sick going on would you want him going to his boss and keeping it in house or going to the police and having an investigation. .
cmon. . he works at a school. .
your not really that brainwashed are you??
 6 years ago '05        #115
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 Little Dice said:
what i meant was joe was approached about a possible child s3xual abuse...and joe did the right thing and told his superiors.

you wanted joe to ban jerry immediately because someone accuse of him child abuse...my point was at that point, it was just allegation which could have been false. Joe had to have let a thorough investigation go through first. he couldnt just ban jerry because someone came to him and said he saw jerry molesting a kid in the bathroom. what if another person comes and say they saw so so and so, and so on, and so on...do you just ban everybody. that was my point
An eyewitness, and someone on the coaching staff, saw Sandusky raping a little boy in the a.ss. That is not "just an allegation" that is a heinous crime witnessed by a pathetic piece of sh*t. He shouldn't have called the cops, though, he should have called an ambulance after beating that old bastard to death. Just say he broke up the r*pe and the guy slipped in the shower and broke his neck.
 11-09-2011, 06:58 PM         #116
Little Dice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I could care less whether Paterno retires or not, but I really think people are exaggerating his culpability here. He never actually saw anything in person. He only heard reports. So he's not exactly the best person to call the police. If you call police and say "So-and-so told me that this guy molested a kid," the first question they ask you is going to be "Did you SEE the guy molest a kid?" Honestly, if eyewitnesses, the parents of the kids, and the kids themselves didn't say anything to police, it seems like Paterno, someone who heard secondhand about wrongdoing, is far down the list of those who ought to have intervened. The three people who actually witnessed Sandusky abusing boys and didn't call police are the ones truly culpable. Certainly Paterno could have done something more proactive when it became clear that none of the eyewitnesses were going to come forward, but I think people are going a little overboard in blaming him.
 11-09-2011, 06:59 PM         #117
UpTownClips 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PENN State supports child molesters.....
 6 years ago '07        #118
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
@ him telling the school when he's stepping down...that's some boss sh*t for real
 6 years ago '07        #119
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6127 6127
paterno did nothing wrong. he alerted the athletic director. it was his job and the higher-ups to bring sandusky down.

don't know care about that subject moral bullsh*t.

paterno = not guilty

haters get mad
 6 years ago '04        #120
mac58 152 heat pts152
space
space
$6,555 | Props total: 10118 10118
 Little Dice said:
I could care less whether Paterno retires or not, but I really think people are exaggerating his culpability here. He never actually saw anything in person. He only heard reports. So he's not exactly the best person to call the police. If you call police and say "So-and-so told me that this guy molested a kid," the first question they ask you is going to be "Did you SEE the guy molest a kid?" Honestly, if eyewitnesses, the parents of the kids, and the kids themselves didn't say anything to police, it seems like Paterno, someone who heard secondhand about wrongdoing, is far down the list of those who ought to have intervened. The three people who actually witnessed Sandusky abusing boys and didn't call police are the ones truly culpable. Certainly Paterno could have done something more proactive when it became clear that none of the eyewitnesses were going to come forward, but I think people are going a little overboard in blaming him.
ill ask you again. .do you think if he heard rumors that his OWN kids were being molested he woulda just went to an insider or would he have called the police?. .
cmon son. .
as teachers coaches and professionals who work with kids .. sh*t like this is no joke. .
he was covering for his buddy. . keeping it in the family. .

and your obviously not a parent. . but i think if u were and it was your kids you would see it different ..

yes there are others to blame but as the face of PS and a powerful figure he shoulda did something. .

Last edited by mac58; 11-09-2011 at 07:22 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now